Games you enjoy even though you know they are mechanically flawed

Games you enjoy even though you know they are mechanically flawed

Pic fucking related as shit. Its a below average PS2 era feeling action brawler like powerstone without the fluid feel. But being Jojo Part 7.5 its a fucking out and out masturbatory level of fanservice Jojo fans adore.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/280180/Hover/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Speak for yourself.

It was redemption arc for Funny Valentine. Unless you are a showfag its great.

Yeah, nah, it's not very good.

Jonathan will never get anything. Its been 30 years. He is never getting anything ever again.

Aside of valentine's moment, this game was a spit to the face.

Jotaro fags really need to die

Wasnt the thing that araki did a really extense and complex story but bandai-namco thought jojo was naruto so just jotaro allowed?

This game could have been good if it was a proper fighting game, all the characters having their own ending, less dlc fuckery and the story not being written as a Jotarofag fanfiction. Hell, it could had been about Gappy trying to find who he is and meeting the other Jojos

Technically Johnny got his yellow fever fantasy. But then we dont know if he is really dead or not beyond a 'story' passed down.

For all we know hes the fucking thing living in the wall eyes biting people and giving them stands.

EoH is shit under every possible thing but the character interactions. They managed to fuck up what good ASB came up with and then some.
> F I V E D I O S
>Didn't even try to come up with creative attacks for Josuke8/Josefumi now that more issues have been released

Its only saving grace is that Joshuu's in it and he's pretty cool. Also it had no microtransactions and reddit will happily come and forget all its issues just for this one "feature".

user he married a nip that's canon

exactly he lived the dream and became ken sama. This is what Best Zeppeli died for.

Don't you mean for this? :^)
Seriously though, this is the best fucking ending in every manga ever. Literally all his sacrifices to get this kid out went away for nothing, but then you remember that he was an executioner so basically the point wasn't letting him survive, it was to letting him die free. Still though I'm still laughing at how many autists got triggered by it.

That's a funny way of saying part 2.
To be honest I like all of them for different reasons but I really can't find myself liking 8 other than for the characters and the fanart of the Higashikata's doing shit.
What I'm most livid about part 8 though is that it's literally becoming part 5. A fucking organization who wants to take over the world. Real great.

Part 8 is the worst part because nothing has permanence or a sense of time. Holly is being eaten away by holes? whatever. There was an earthquake that made the wall eyes? whatever. Being bitten by something that lives in them gives stands? whatever.

The worst part is it could all just be 'a stand did it' but honestly i think its araki trying to retell the pillar men but make them less OP

This game in itself is already too easy but then they give you 2 retries on top of it that don't reset boss health + other players can revive you as well if they are within the deathtimer. There are weapons with so much airtime they don't touch the ground for minutes or simply the whole fight.
Yet I keep going back every night to play with those 10 same japanese players. The combat doesn't feel clunky/wooden as other hunting games this could've been great if it wasn't so casual

I tried to love it but God Eaters world and style already stole me heart in terms of monhun clones.

What I think went down with Araki was kind of like this: he really fucking wanted to make a Mystery Novel for once instead of more part 5thru7 fighting, so he had all this elaborate plot where he would reveal little by little how Kira8 is actually half of Josuke8, which is why he has weird manners like sleeping under the bed and autistically examining everything, but once you let him into social situations he's as nice a kid as Josefumi, but he got probably cornered by either his inability to keep track of everything or his editors forcing him to put more combat or else people would get bored, so he keeps making Stone People out of the blue and at some point just gave away the whole plot of the series and now he's probably just trying to make the same story he's been making in previous parts as quick and painlessly as possible.

Its shit
Bamco should have published an All Star Battle 2 instead

Young Joseph and Old Joseph in ASB had the same actor while Old Joseph was voiced by his animu VA in EoH. Think it's the same for Kak, Hol, and any other characters that had different actors in the anime.

if you haven't killed yourself or bought fallout 4 you need to.

Thats Mr.Saten to you youngster!

More like a six character expansion pack and two stages expansion pack instead

Oh alrite

Dunno if this counts. It's mostly the level, monster and boss' design that are flawed, not the mechanics so much.

I'm trying God Eater 2 RB right now when I have time. I've already ditched the whole gun system I'd rather spend that time simply rushing back into melee range. It does offer some good things like certain parts of the boss receiving much more damage its rewarding.
Nana her VA can go to hell it sounds like a highschool weeb

You should look up some videos about custom ammo. It is the closest thing to morrowind spell creation you can get in a modern game. Its fucking ridiculous. Sniper mode is life.

My biggest problem with part 8 it's how none of the characters had reached that level of characterization that the ones in stell ball run had. I mean, Josuke and company are good but not THAT good, plus despite all these years, it barely feels that part 8 is going anywhere.

Honestly, Duke Nukem Forever has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's shit from every conceivable angle and uses all the modern FPS mechanics that I hate, yet I can't help but enjoy it.

tfw you accidentally post in another thread and now Holla Forums is giving you a flood detected message

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

I still keep thinking of all these different movesets and challenges I could try out for different replays with the Deck Commands system alone, like only using simple enjoyable to watch non elemental attacks or only using ranged attacks and never using healing moves aside from melding a Renewal Block. Shame you can break the game's difficulty in half so easily because there's no limits on when you can make whatever ability you already know how to or how many and spam them to your heart's desire once you gain everything recharging fast enough. Or that jumping is shit and there's no fucking combos with regular attacks.

Okami is my favourite game, but the combat is objectively quite awful. I don't know if the game had development trouble in that angle (I'd be surprised, since this was before Capcom went FULL retard) or if they spent so much time focusing on making the brush mechanics work well that the actual combat was de-emphasized.

The whip will regenerate your shield in a single strike since each individual hit in the multi-hit attack counts as part of a combo. The glaive can one-shot bosses if you charge it and do an aerial dive because both the aerial attack and the earthquake hitbox connect. The enemies are so vulnerable to their weaknesses that once you discern how to defeat them nothing shy of boss arenas is remotely challenging (and even bosses aren't scary because everything attack is a pattern). No enemy does enough damage to pose a serious risk of actually killing you, and to this day I don't know what the game over screen looks like. The more powerful attacks you learn are practically useless for anything but farming demon fangs.

And despite that, everything else is perfect; fucking impeccable. Every minute I'm playing I have this dumb grin on my face and I still play music like embed related in my head when I'm walking or driving somewhere. The characters are charming and endearing, and the game has so much fucking content I was never bored.

I wanted to like that game so much but it felt like every good mechanic from DaS was mediocre and every mediocre mechanic was actively working against my enjoyment of the game. The sand village full of spiders was pretty awful, but when I got to the giant spider boss with her xboxhueg laser and infinitely spawning spider adds, I turned it off and uninstalled. Every moment was an exercise in frustration, each attack so slow and sluggish victory either felt like a joke (Lost Sinner) or a fluke (Ruin Sentinels, even though I enjoyed them).

It's a tremendous pile of shit that can also be really fun.

Part of it is likely due to how many characters there is and how little time Josefumi interacts with them. The dead Stone Men are much better in characterization and motives than the main cast that's for sure.

I found myself avoiding every battle for that reason so I only stumbled across a couple of the bounty enemies to kill. I also really hated the digging minigame. The world was a wonder to explore though.

Waste of trips.

What was so bad about SvC anyway? I know it's a pretty bare bones fighter and CvS2 is superior in every way, but was it really a shitty game?

Sadly, Jonathan was never meant to be more than Jojo prime. Araki has even stated that Jonathan's only purpose to the greater story is to be the Goody Two-Shoes Jojo that lets all his descendants be as off the hook as possible.
Joseph is a sarcastic wise cracking piece of shit? It's cool, he's related to Jonathan so he must be good.
Jotaro calls his own mother a bitch to her face and is a general cunt over his insecurities about never having a father in his life and being a hapa in a xenophobic nation? It's cool, Jonathan covers for him.
Giorno is a literal criminal? Jonathan covers for him. Phantom Blood is better looked at as Dio's story rather than Jonathan's.

I always took it as Gyros dad knew why it was bad to have attachment in that way. Sure Gyro did the right thing but at a great cost, and ultimately the kid didn't even get to appreciate it because of fate.

Okay the current guy Josefumi is fighting, his stand is leaving round holes in him. Is it likely that he's the one responsible for Holly's brain? Originally I thought it was the little girl in the Higashikata household that took memories.

It feels kind of like Part 1.5, because Lisa Lisa was a runaway criminal for good, the same way that Joubins mom covered for him

So he's literally Jesus?

He probably might of got something along with the other cast in EoH, but Bamco fucked it over. There will never be an ending where Jonathan and Erina have a happy married life, and Speedwagon is telling stories of his adventures with JoJo to the couple's newborn son.

He literally died for his descendants' sins.

Jonathan is Jesus Christ and all the other Jojos had their sins forgiven by him

FFXV

Sonic R is perfect for this exact thread.

I'm playing through and I'm doing ending C right now, what did you think was flawed?

its way to easy. I mean its FFXV easy.

It's cool to hate popular things

Sad.

Yes, Zeppeli Sr. was right on the money. In fact that's what does in Johnny, too. The one who seems to be right most of the time in JJBA is ironically DIO, since the only people who manage to kill their opponents in-universe are those that are ready to die for someone else or something bigger (i.e. N'Doul seriously undermines the Joestars' efforts, Vanilla Ice kills two of their group, Pucci ultimately wins etc).

Goddamn this. I love the ost and I really like the weather effects and the tag minigame. But the controls are horrible.

No Jesus is a much earlier joestar.

It's like pottery.

Reminder: Joesph is such a piece of shit that AFTER COMING BACK FROM LITERAL DEATH his very first action is to fuck with his grandson to scare him.

He is a loveable piece of shit but he is your asshole friend that you like but your parents dont know why because hes a piece of shit.

There was a whole PS2 game devoted to Part 1. Japan really likes Part 1. If we get another game centering on just one part. Part 1 is probably the most likely one following Part 3.

Jesus is the Son of God who died for our sins and resurrected on the 3rd day.

So no.

FUND IT.

christcuck pls

The PS1 Jojo1 game was like that but also universally panned because the camera angle was absolutely terrible, every characters dealt veeeeeeery little health and EVERYONE HAS REGENERATIVE HEALTH
But as far as references went, you could play as literally any character of the Phantom Blood part, in any of the scenarios, some even custom tailored for the game (iirc something about the trial of the rings but with more vampires). Plus you could play as the evil side as well, so you could have Boxer Dio.

Technically Ticket to Ride forces people to exchange their bad luck with someone else's that is of some importance to them.

Isn't that just Nightmare Creatures? which is just Bloodborne .5?

JET SET RADIOOOOO

I love this game so fucking much. Sure, the controls can be a chore, but they just don't make games this groovy anymore. Splatoon comes close, but other than that the landscape is barren.

The combat in Automata is fluid, but the enemy selection is so horrid that you can't enjoy it. You might as well be fighting turrets.

And the original Nier had a richer combat system. Stiffer sure, but with more to do: imagine being swarmed by 10 fast enemies in Automata, while spamming different pod specials. What did Automata gave you in comparison? Sponge enemies with the same AI.

I love stealth games, but hate the idea of ghosting. Thief, MGS, Splinter Cell to me are really games where you kill without being seen.

I used to be like that. I would systematically kill every enemy to explore for items. But as i got older i learnt the thrill of ghosting when it makes you limit your resources.

where's the fifth

black face dio

There's two dios from part 7

Can you fight as babby dio in any of the games?

Diego Brando with Scary Monster and Diego Brando with THE WORLD (capitalized like that) are two separate characters. Even their motivations are different.

You can fight as Young Dio in the PS2 game. Technically you can play as anyone. Too bad it's a terrible game.

Alot of things in that game are absolutely amateurish. Especially with little things that conspire to drive you insane like the excessive dialog that has no place in such a game.
Retarded pacing too.

In addition to
For any given difficulty and for any given level difference where the enemies do not OHKO the player, the enemies die too quickly. That is, not only are their movesets completely unthreatening, but they hardly last long enough. I blame this almost purely on the pointless level system that adds nothing to the game. Another thing that can be blamed on it is the lack of replayability when you unlock chapter select. Say you want to refight any boss in particular via chapter select. On any difficulty, even when gimping your charcter, the boss will die almost immediately. This makes the only way to refight bosses properly starting a new game and making your way all the way to the boss. It also makes it impossible to challenge certain bosses with setups that weren't initially possible when you first encountered them. The only option is modding. The debug menu doesn't offer a proper solution to this either. Automata should not have had a character leveling system. It is nothing but detrimental.

This game is deeply flawed but still manages to be fun as hell.

Well shit if we are going that way I might as well mention stalker and morrowind.

The fighting mechanics, particularly air combat were atrocious but I couldn't help but love the game.

Is she a rezu? I see this "Holy crackers" image posted all the time related to shitposts about yuri.

Then Dio killed him, cucked him of his own body and started fucking bitches with it. Its especially bad when Dio took Jojo's girlfriend's first kiss from her, Dio couldnt help but cuck Johnathan after his death too.

GG Johnathan, GG.
In the embed Dio means Johnathans dick

store.steampowered.com/app/280180/Hover/
You might like this game user.

It was johnathan's dick the whole time. If anything he was cucking dio. Why do you think giorno doesn't look like dio until his stand awakens?

Imagine a universe where the PC port gets modding support and people tweak the combat so that it's a decent challenge.

user, Johnathan dick got STOLEN, in fact, Johnathan fucking died, he cant cuck anything anymore. In Giorno's case would he be Dios or Johnathan son? Since jojos body is completely Dio's now but dio used Johnathan's cock and balls to make Giorno. I barely know whos cucking who anymore, It would only make sense that he would be Dios son since Johnathan is dead.

Technically he is spreading jonathans genes

Nah man, Johnathan was the one doing the fucking, dio was merely a head attached for the ride. Only once he drank joseph's blood did he get full control over johnathan's body and it became his own. So using that logic, all the women he fucked before that point, were being fucked by johnathan's meatstick. giorno is kinda special, he is a combo of johnathan and dio, hence why he is so noble, but also wants to be a gangster and other more dio like things.

You forgot to add the story just being about Jotaro and his autism.

It's a story-heavy adventure game due to the source material and every dialogue box is completely skippable from the start.
The three acts (start to Orochi, Orochi to Ninetails, Ninetails to finish) are clearly delineated and each one feels as long as it needs to be, although player choices will naturally lead to some variance. I've never understood this complaint.

Don't get my hopes up; I honestly wouldn't ask for much. If every boss was as challenging as Ninetails and the common enemies attacked twice as quickly, I'd be happy.

Not masterpieces, but still REALLY underrated games, wish they made a 3rd one as well.
:(

So despite the fact that dio started porking bitches with "his" body, it turns out that it didnt count at all since it was still basically Johnathan? In that case Johnathan basically got all that poon from beyond the grave and Dio probably died a virgin. Serves him rignt.

Dio fucked quite a lot of women then stole their lives back in England, when he was recovering from the sick burns.

Well nevermind then.

by your logic, Jonathan is a gay oil driller because DIO definitely fucked Pucci

And the most interesting chips are limited to the very last part of the third playthrough, like the one activating witch time.

I almost thought you were talking about Automata, and either way I am sad.

Already own it, and I really think it has potential, but it's just not there yet.

What the fuck is going on?

I need to finally stop procrastinating Yuru Yuri and Jojo.

I would wait a bit longer before getting to Jojolion though. Since basically there's still no driving point, unless you feel like hitting the brickwall that has been the last couple of years you'd best wait for it to be at least halfway complete.

Hiatus?

No, one chapter a month but because Araki gave up on the whole mystery thing, it's just prolonged fights that get nowhere.

Played it with my friend very often. It's pretty shit, and when playing co-op the menu covers half of the fucking screen, but I enjoy it. We beat all four stories on ps3, ps4 and vita separately.
I usually play Hiei, my friend plays Aizen and stands on top of buildings casting op spells.
It's a shame that online is so weird, you will get kicked from rooms if you are good enough or for no reason at all. There was a time when I played it for a week online, got good, and then every room I tried to join kicked me as they saw my username.

I love this game, but it can also suck a dick. Squad-based MGS is awesome, but the MonHun formula was not what MGS needed. Damage sponges are terrible in any game unless they're specifically an extra boss that's meant to be something you have to figure out how to overcome using the mechanics you've learned up to that point.

Oh my god I thought you were joking

What chapter are we on now, 40 or 50? Didn't part 7 have like 130 chapters? My numbers might be a bit off.

Anyways we still don't have the main villain or the plot yet.

i found it more the other way around. The levels were diverse and pretty but the linear style is what killed it. Unlike Ds3 where you have a layer of grey shit to look at.

I loved the music. They really did a great job with the game.

agree, i recently co-op'd the first one with a friend and it was pretty fun
I hope we'll enjoy the second one too.

It gets better, since you can play every major and minor battle as the opposite sides, including the idiot cop zombies that get killed when Dio awakens as a vampire. The attention to detail in all of JJBA games is insane, but the only objectively good ones remain the RPGMaker adventure game and Heritage to the Future.
In Diamond Records they upped the ante by making a billion characters that can or will be playable in the future, but it's a gachashit for mobiles so who gives a damn. At least the music is great.

Chapter 69. If you want a quick recap, assuming you know of Josuke8's identity and the secret of the Rokakaka:
Turns out the Stone Men from the earlier chapters were just a bunch of rogues who were dealing with Jobin Higashikata and with his mom, who was incarcerated to cover Jobin's murder of a bullying kid in his youth. Basically that group of Stone Men were trying to sell the Rokakaka to humans to make enough money to live in human society while Jobin was turning a tidy profit (and likely experimenting with it to find a cure for the Higashikata illness, the one that Johnny cured by passing from his wife to his son). Turns out that there's even more Stone Men, some content of being lawn ornaments while the bulk of them is actually hellbent on clichè chit like world domination. Now, the Rokakaka that Josefumi ate, which fused him with Kira, is of a different kind than the usual one because it was grown where the Wall Eyes erupted (basically where Jesus Christ's body was temporarily hidden away), so instead of the equivalent exchange properties, it has the ability to "merge" things. The Stone Men want it all because it's implied that using them can grant them immortality and that they've been using Rokakakas since forever to live hundreds of years while humans rotted away. Basically it's like the worst aspects of Part 2 and 5 combined.

I can't look past the shitty Storm gameplay. No interest.

(checked)
You will, i would say the 2nd is even better.

I played this. The things I didn't like was that the Hokuto Characters looked like ass, they were planning on putting Dio in the game but scrapped the idea half way through. They put Hancock in to fill out the one piece roster when they should have used another villain or Strawhat. I would rather have had Zoro than Ace. The only fun I had with this game was going full old school GAR with Jonathan and Kenshiro.

I don't know, the stone man could be interesting but for the moment it feels like Araki isn't going anywhere with then. Specially with the hints of a secret organization that seems interested in the fruit too, making the stone man just secondary villans

But the organization IS made of the Stone Men.

literaly every videogame I like

name a game with truly flawless mechanics. you can't

I enjoy reccetear even though it's almost flash tier. The dungeon crawling is meh and gets old and the shopkeeping is okay but I just find it so charming.

pong

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

大成功~