Sold more units than the ps2

Why don't people appreciate this as the champ it was?

Because it was not a gamegear

Because they couldn't see the fucking screen

I remember bringing my son to school one day and seeing two kids on Game Boys. This was around 2005.
I was surprised kids were still playing on them like they were when I went to school.

They do. You must be a newfag.

The games are fucking great but the screen is terrible. I'd be fine with 4 colours, but the ghosting makes any game that isn't Picross a chore to play. You're better off getting a Gameboy Colour nowadays.
Whichever you buy, get a glass screen for it. Glass screens make the Colour clear as fuck, it's a massive improvement.

I'd say the main flaw of the gb is that literally 80% of games are downgraded ports of nes/snes games.

Battery life > Screen.

The fuck you want me to do? Cum on it?

jesus nigga how old are you

I'm happy when I hear about super old anons because then I realize at times I shit talk geezers on the internet and they shit talk me back

Because handheld consoles suck. They ruined Kingdom Hearts.

It didn't
It sold 110 mil and that is counting all the Gameboy revisions that existed including color.

They do you fucking retard

I wish this fuck would just stop.
The newest video was terrible

Is the Game Boy/GBC one of the few nintendo consoles that had both third party freedom and quality?

Hard to ruin a series that was shit from the beginning

Post hand

what a conundrum

1998 which still makes the GB 9 years before a successor and considering the GBC only lasted 3 years a lot of people wouldn't consider it it's own console.

Because even as a kid not back-lighting the thing was a goddamn mistake. I had one of these (attached) it barely helped
This wouldn't really be fixed until the GBA:SP, which was peak GB imho, even if it dropped support for GB carts.

the gbc wasn't really a successor, nintendo was just releasing slightly different technology and it happened to lend itself to a marketing campaign.
personally i picked up a gb pocket after my brick died of water damage and it was a very nice revision, but still just a gameboy.
possibly my most played games on gb were the megaman ones which do largely follow your statement about recycling, but they were great to play when i was away from home i don't consider it a flaw in itself.

In 20-40 years you'll have people in their 60s and older having shitflinging contests with whippersnappers online and kicking the shit out of them thanks to decades of refining their shitposting abilities. Assuming the internet doesn't become completely sterilized and centralized.

you're making a mighty big assumption.

But it didn't.

Lots of us still around, the ones that aren't dead anyway. I'm in my 30s now and still feel young compared to some of my peers. I know plenty of 60+ year olds that still shit post. Most oldfags that aren't around anymore were lost to death/IRL cancer. Plenty of them lurk just to laugh at newfags.

I consider it its own console just because it was such an improvement. It fits better in your pocket, I mean, we all wore jeans with massive pockets back then but it was nice to be able to hold 5 GBs instead of just 2 in one pocket. A lot of people didn't get a Gameboy until Pokemon came out so for many of them the color was their first handheld console. Also it was nice to have a color handheld that didn't eat 6 batteries every 3 hours.

A lot of the so-called ports are entirely original new games. SML isn't the same as SMB, and SML2 isn't the same as SMW. Same with the Zelda games, Metal Gear, etc.

i got gameboy color and pokemon blue as present but never bought additional games for it because they were all shit compared to pc/console games while costing just as much.

this alone makes gameboy and all handhelds by default, trash.

I've lost mine.
I still have my red game boy pocket though. It works like a charm even 20 something years later.

That looks like bondage gear for a handheld.

Gameboy was shit. Handhelds didn't git gud till the Neogeo Pocket, and peaked with the GBA.

GBA SP confirmed for god-teir hand held console.

That back light, that clamshell design, that rechargeable battery that lasted a week+

you mean the ds lite with MAXIMUM SIZE of the library?

Because you've been living under a rock since 1990. Also, it outsold the PS1, not the PS2.
Also, I bought one at a swap meet last year. I regret doing so because the screen is awful. I'd rather play games on my SP or GBA Player so I can see what I'm doing.

Shit tier tbh

Well, when people talk about PS2's sales it also includes all the models.

fuck off

Fuck off valvedrone

Game Boy and GBC compatibility wasn't dropped until the Micro, a facet the DS carried over as it didn't allow anything older than GBA carts.

The SP actually had two different makes with two different lightings. The AGS-001 was indeed frontlit, while the later AGS-101 was backlit.

I like the DS lite myself (and still have one for my GBA and DS games), but I can't deny it had its issues, namely with the hinge being fragile and the shoulder buttons being noticeably prone to wearing down fast.

You're confusing the SP with the Micro. I played Final Fantasy Adventure on my SP.

A lot of the people on Holla Forums were probably only old enough to play the GBA and missed out on it. you couldn't see SHIT