Car Combat was the best genre on consoles before they got replaced by shitty console fps...

Car Combat was the best genre on consoles before they got replaced by shitty console fps. Let's discuss this genre that lived fast and died young.

I didn't see the point in the genre since it didn't enable you to sidestep. It was either going at each other head to head hoping the other guy died first or killing someone from the side who was distracted.

That's why it is a fucking car combat game

Those games were dumb as hell

Dumb means cool now with the kids right?

i play that shit back then, anyone with a brain would get bored of it after a few hours

they were just cheap games to play with friends

Yeah but that combined with a lack of jump severely limited it. Air Combat games also lack sidestep but make up for it since you can do all sorts of crazy shit with the skies as a stage. Even combat in actual Racing games feels kind of awkward.

They launched a game called Auto Age: Standoff today, and it says it is inspired by Vigilante 8. Does anyone here played it?

Why are you so negative?

Fucking RIP.

Some of them did allow jumping. The fun came from following a person or being following and trying to lose them and avoid attack.

Thank god I'm not the only one who liked blur

Isn't there a clear distinction between car combat games and combat racing games? Car combat isn't about doing laps and crossing the finish line.

Looks pretty fun but it has like 0 reviews.

It's a PC game but Interstate 76 is a personal favorite of mine

>Le ebin 80s "nostalgia" Saturday morning cartoon a e s t h e t i c c

Also

Only 2 of those are actually car combat though.

Damn I remember Blur, What was the story with that anyway?

You two are my funky niggas.
Hey Stampede, how 'bout a poem?