"Nier Automata breaks 2 million sales...

"Nier Automata breaks 2 million sales, Square Enix states it is 'now a significant franchise with plenty of brand potential'

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/897508268230098945
steamspy.com/app/524220
nichegamer.com/2017/09/19/square-enix-hiring-new-nier-related-project/
rpcs3.net/compatibility
nier2.com/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welp. That sucks.

How many of those people do you think actually played the first Nier, or any of the Drakengard games?

Yet Tomb Raider sold thrice that minimum and was considered a failure.

No more than 10, I'd say

What a world.

If it makes you feel better. Console versions most likely sold way more than Steam.

We will never have a manly protagonist or fucked up story in Drakengard/Nier ever again.

very few, how many of us are there honestly? probably around 250k worldwide i would bet.

This is "OMG GET HYPE XDDDD" culture that saw some buzz at E3 about it and the herd mentality kicked in. The slutty cosplayers helped this as they milked the interest for clicks and it compounds it to be what i have no doubt will be another "the core audience is too small, we need wider appeal" shit that will lead to absolute trash.

I am genuinely upset. Because we have been down this road before, and there is nothing to be learned.

SE demands 4 times as many sales from their western studios. It makes no sense but thats their scale.

I wish I didn't get double dubs on that. It's like the nail in the coffin.

New mainstream-friendly 2B costume(tm)

He's married to the artist for Taiko Drum Master. Has been for a pretty long time.

It was nice while it lasted.

Time for generic storyline #28392 and dreamboy emo jap twink!!!
Yay!!!!

Can't wait to Play Nier VII: Cup Noodle

That's about twenty times as many sales as NieR had over the same period, if that's any illustration.

It's sad how pessimistic we all are, but we've been through this so many times we can't be anything but.

twitter.com/yokotaro/status/897508268230098945
wtf i hate yoko taro even more now

Well that settles it then. Sex really does sell.

Less people play less good games. Shocker.

dont forget to also buy the cg movie, the anime series, the books, the season pass, the special episodes outside the season pass, the costume dlc, the light novel and mangas and buy the preorder only edition for the full experience of what the SE higher ups are calling "THE SECOND NIER GAME"

THEY ACTUALLY DONT FUCKING KNOW AUTOMATA IS A SEQUEL LET ALONE THE 5TH GAME STARTING WITH DRAG ON DRAGOON

Barely anyone on Holla Forums even did.

NieR May Cry was more or less the way this was being advertised two years ago. Would you really mind the games leaning more towards the action as long as the setting and themes didn't become more bland and predictable?

I don't know, man, I guess 2B's aesthetic is slightly more plausible than Kainé's was.

He's just being humble.

shooo shoo shill

So this is how undertalefags felt after the release.

If this means Yoko makes more video games, good
If this means Yoko MUST make more video games, bad. Very very bad
If this means no Yoko, also bad but less bad

Legit I'd say under 25 percent
Even lower than that if you want to count people who beat it to ending D

Now you can hate NiER and brag about how much you've liked it before it became cancer

the later. His projects will now be heavily invested upon and watched over by the higher ups. Basically, things are going to go to shit now

inb4 ban tumblron dragoon threads

I hope his career doesn't turn out like Kojima's did before he left Konami.

The only reason it sold was because of muh dick
And some people still don't know this.

But NieR had Kaine and it didn't sell well.
I blame platinumfags and the normalfag disease they carry.

Just because the game has muh dick in it doesn't mean people know about it. I'd be willing to bet Automata had 10 times the amount of money spent marketing it than the first one.

Platinumfags mean well, they just happen to have more normalfags in their ranks than they think.

They are going to absolutely butcher the lore now.

Big whoop
I've never played it but its probably dece even if it is called "tumblrtale" around here

Not only does Kaine's ass have nothing on 2B's, Kaine is also packing heat which further lowered her appeal to the few waifufags that latched onto her.

You know that's not going to happen though. Look at Dark Souls once it became a meme. Now you have several games that try to emulate it while not nailing down what made it fun in the first place while the later games in the series never got the formula right and made it more casual with every release. This is what happens to IP's now

It will be Drakengard 2 all over again, mark my words.

Of course they weren't able to do that. That would require Dark Souls being fun, which is something it's not.

It's not like that was prominently advertised. Wasn't there a running rumor pre-release that 2B was a hermaphrodite also?

I suppose that's a fair example, but I think Taro could still infuse any game with his magic if he was given a chance. Probably the bigger concern is that he won't be involved and you'll be getting some kind of design-by-committee character drama.

Ok? We don't care.

It's not a rumor. She's got a dick.

The problem here is Taro - he's one man, and even he's gone on record as saying he's worried about just how popular Nier has gotten.
Taro's actually been assembling a team specifically to help deal with Squeenix and their desire for more Nier, best case scenario: he'll have a group that stays true to his vision and safeguards the franchise, worst case scenario: the moment Taro's back is turned some shithead at Square Enix begins replacing and/or manipulating his team to begin pumping out cash-in after cash-in.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.
I care enough to call him a faggot.

You're a faggot. Please end your life quickly. You are the worst kind of poster on Holla Forums.

2 mirron doru buttu

2B? I've seen enough lewds to contest that.

Really? That's a shame, he deserved better than that.

Well I've seen enough lewds to prove it.
Actually I just misread your post. Sorry.

I really don't feel good knowing that NieR is going to be casualized.
But I'm glad Taro is finally getting paid. I guess.

The fuckin' horror.

Don't forget the Iphone timed exclusive demake.

That hurts more than anything else you just posted.

Square Enix own the rights, once his team is assembled they could theoretically pull a Konami, cut him loose, then flood the world with Nier spin-offs.

And a gacha card game

The gameplay was too easy to be fun and the writing was terrible as usual. I'm not too worried.

Zero and Mikhail were the only characters in the entire series that were close to being written well.

I just want a drakengard game that branches off of ending d of drakengard 1. Literally the perfect foundation for a new game.

NieR Automata 2 - Episode 1

Excuse if I missed something, but what did you guys expect would happen?

We all knew it was coming, we were just sticking our heads in the sand desperately hoping we were all wrong.

Please meme responsibly!

Ahhh, the miracles of having fapbait as your main selling point, bless these leotards.

I don't like this timeline anymore.

Holy shit. Somehow I knew it was going to be this!

this pretty much guarantees the death of the series; but, if we're lucky, they'll at least realize that the latest installment sold because of ASS and we'll get a lot more ASS in the future

Its dece, did things normal rpg,s dont do. but yeah the community was cancer.

The first game suck though gameplay wise, nobody ever praise the game for its combat, just the story

It sounds like you've never played a Yoko Taro game outside of Automata.

I'm playing it right now and I think the combat is fun.

Drakengard 4 never ever.

There's more to the game than just combat, though, or even sidequest design. Bonkers genre-shifts like Emil's mansion or the deathdream aren't necessarily part of the narrative and are still praiseworthy.

I think it's a stretch to say Automata has better combat than the original anyway.

Welp. This is what you faggots do. You find something niche, make it popular with memes and then cry once it gets popular.

NieR Automata II-3: A2 Returns

Nier Automata: A2 B3 C4

Well, this franchise may be a goner, but maybe that will teach them to put more good looking girls in their games instead of listening to sjws.

This kind of success story always bring tears in my eyes

accidentaly saving SE was not a good thing but I do agree with the rest

Fixed that for you, Holla Forums isn't really the problem since Holla Forums mostly keeps to itself and outright refuses to mingle with others, it's the "look how hip and cool I am for showing off this game I bet you've never heard of" youtubers and their normalfag fanbases.

Also does that mean that Microsoft did completely fuck them over with Scalebound?

I'm one of them, but I really want to go back and play it.

Sounds good to me. Let's see who wins, money or social justice.

As a singular Gestalt entity we DO have a habit of being contrarian hipsters but in this case where a bad end is the most likely outcome i think its justified.

Imagine if we got Platinum's A game for the next one.

at least they played the one game with actual good gameplay

Only people who watch youtubers care about what youtubers say.

Check'em OP.

Sadly that's a lot of people.

I despair for the future even though I welcome more 2B.

What, the next Platinum game or the next NieR game?

I'm willing to bet that's exactly what happened. I can't imagine the kikes at Microsoft being to happy about losing one of the few if not the only interesting game for their new shitty console.

I'd rather they embrace sex rather than censor it.

has this slant even played any decent RPGs?

No joke I bought NieR when it came out because I saw Kaine's ass on the back of the box.

Judging by the quality of his Cavia era games, no.

Nier was an early casualty of the Microsoft-sponsored narrative that japanese gaming was dead. It was lynched by reviewers and tellingly generated "controversy" around Kaine's clothing. It tooks years for the word of mouth to spread, that the game was really a moral play.

And all the faggots now talk about Yoko Taro like he's some household name, but back then you only had shitty elitists sperging about Squeenix selling out.

Papa Nier is a more believable and lovable character than Bro Nier. He and Weiss sound like a comedian duo. And his motivations are clear as day: kill anyone between him and his family - which isn't a conflicted tale about the meaning of violence, this is actually normal.

But the game really belongs to Bro Nier. It literally makes no sense to have a timeskip and shortsword limit otherwise: the point was having the guy grow up during the story. Papa also wouldn't self-delete himself to save Kaine: he's got a daughter to protect still.

They don't really need exclusives. They already have all the money they need from being microsoft. The Xbox is around because suckers keep paying for online and it's steady revenue for them

Aww shit son 10 star post right there

Papa Nier works better because of the theme of Taro's games. One out and out spelt out for you in Automata but plebs didn't explore and learn about the machines replicating project gestalt to make an enemy that forces them to evolve but "Lifes only worth living if you have something worth fighting for, even if it spites others" makes way more sense with papa nier.

BUT HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE
HE EVEN CAME HERE AFTER WE INVITED HIM

I sadly fall into that category but I'm half way through a play through of NieR. Even then your asking people to sit through a very unpolished game before going into something thats much more accessible and honestly could be considered mostly separate from NieR 1 unless someone told you. And the same thing could be said for Drakengard to a degree. These games are just kept together through consistent themes, mood, and some reoccurring characters. Platinum handled the combat so they got the the people who follow Platnum from release to release. And from what I've seen these are people who liked MGR but didnt like DMC

They couldnt do that. Another NieR game would probably need to be about new characters entirely in apocalypse number 5 at this point for this story?

Interesting, PC only accounts for 25% of all sales.
steamspy.com/app/524220

Guess the market isn't as big as everyone says.

I have a hard time imagining Papa Nier would sell his body and engage in submissive, homosexual acts for money

Yes, because when I want to discuss Drakengard/Nier I don't won't to be limited to only talking to people about Automata because they were too lazy to play through the rest of the series. This isn't a situation like Metal Gear vs. Metal Gear Solid, where the pre-playstation titles make up a fraction of the overall franchise, we're talking about ignoring 80% of the Project Dragonsphere franchise because of "muh accessibility".

Have you forgotten who you're talking about?

Fuck off cuckchan

Drakengard has some horrible gameplay though, I don't blame them.

I shouldn't have laughed.

This is the ending A timeline. We still have 4 more timelines to discover. Time to reload from our last save and try again. I hope our last save was from before 2007.

Nope, it's gonna be Kingdom hearts 2: electric boogaloo:

I can see your point there. Personally most of the people I've discussed the games with have only played Automata, or none of the games at all. If you have played all the games then your opinion and readings of the games are more valid, there is no questioning that.

You also are calling into question how many people who've played Automata will even take the time to do that.

brought to you by Tomm Hulett, the walking talking Silent Hill Nier Automata bible

I wouldn't worry so much, SE is huge company with multiple inhouse studio, the division Yoko in is the same one that make Dragon Quest series, not Final Fantasy. Not mention he and the producer are actual best friend.

You're right, you're 100% right Drakengard fucking sucks ass gameplay-wise, but if people are going to hold that opinion I want it to be because they tried the game and not because a friend of a friend's uncle's nephew watched a youtube video in which TheGrumpyGamingGoyim said "Drakengard sucks and my opinion is all you need to know that that's true".

I guess that means they'll probably never relate back to Drakengard.

tfw no watchers

We're complaining about what Square's gonna do to the franchise now that it's popular, not necessarily complaining about Automata you dumb shit.

Silly me. I guess I have to get hyped for the Nier-themed Clash of Clans clone now.

Urgh don't talk about that game. My parents play that like the most serious business ever.

I'm not arguing that Automata is a good game with flaws, I'm talking about the 410 posts and 102 image replies omitted hysteria that happens every time a game Holla Forums likes becomes more popular than they want or attracts an audience that isn't solely themselves.

I never played it, neither have I played Automata.

Are these previous ones good?

I don't think Ne'er A Tamale will ever hold a candle to the sheer autism surrounding Circumcised Hill

Nier is good.

user, save yourself before it's too late. You have become a meme.

Drakengard isn't?

Nier and the Drakengard games are flawed games. The gameplay isn't the greatest but the strangeness of them kept me playing them.

Please be quiet, retards.

pc gamer tier post right here

I tried playing the first drakengard while waiting for the automata crack. I didn't mind the hack and slash or the story, but the flying missions were awful and I didn't finish it.

A franchise is an idea, user. I don't think it can actually be alive.

Frankly, the best part of Drakengard was the true final boss.

Meanwhile the PC port crashes like clockwork after an hour of playing. Nothing can be done to stop it. It’s literally unplayable.

I played the crack and once I started turning off half of my cores it stopped crashing. It took me 10 minutes of google to figure that out.

Playing everything but Drakengard 2 is master race.

D1 ground gameplay is shit, and D3 shitty butchered translation plus FPS drops killed it badly in the west. That's one game that desperately needs a remaster. Also dragon fugg :D :DD

1. There is no sense of progression in Automata, you beat the game with the same moves you started with. In the original, the hobo phase had you survive with no crutches and every new tool was a joy.

2. The dodge in Automata is a casual shitfest. Just spam it everywhere, all the time fam, it's an I WIN button.

3. But even if Automata has fluid combat with great mobility, what's the point if the enemies are few and slow? You might as well be fighting turrets. The original Nier has upwards of 15 fast enemies swarming you at once.

E-vree Time U:R Nier
Neir E: Quite Contrary
Spinoff:
Heightened Vegetable Proximity

Almost as though that “workaround” would be implied to be included in a post which states “nothing can be done to stop it” or something… It doesn’t work. Does it just not work on dual processor machines entirely?

I haven't played Automata, but isn't that just like the first one? I know I cheesed a few bosses by ground-pounding with a two-handed sword then rolling to cancel the recovery over and over.

Can we have the android ass going already?

I'm sure a crack for Automata is out by now at least, right? Is it fine to pirate it and start here, or should I start with Drakengard (if emulation has improved now)?

user wanted to know about Nier and Drakengard, and I told him why I completed them all despite the games not being perfect.

Where the hell have you been? It's been cracked for like two months.

I wasn't paying too close attention to the game, since I didn't want to be spoiled.

So only about 5% of Automata fags at best aren't filthy secondaries?

It only crashes with the "fix" applied. That faggoty modder got pissy about people using it on pirated versions, so he made his "fix" have piracy protection. Then people cracked that, too.
But the "fix" is garbage and causes crashes. Just use BorderlessGaming or something else to make the game windowed fullscreen.

I feel i have to be honest here and tell you that I only ever played Nier and not any of the drakengard games. However I got all the endings in Nier except for the one that requires you to breed that fucking flower

Do you genuinely have autism? What your definition of a secondary?

The proper definition of a secondary is someone who consumes the derivative fan-made works, and generally avoids the original. Doujins and music remixes/arrangements are a good example. Sequels do not fall into this category.

Defensive secondary spotted.

A secondary is someone who only knows about or enjoys a series through secondary works, ie fanart and fangames, and pretends to be a fan anyway. Nier: Automata is a primary work.

4th game.

Well then I've been seeing fags using it wrong, because I've come to understand the term wrong.

So you're saying that you got your understanding of the word through secondary sources

Since NieR was a sleeper hit and not many people played it on release it may not be quite that bad, but yeah, it's a provable minority.

I've heard the combat program all the YoRHa units used was based off of data on Kainé's fighting style.

(Heiled)
>Not Carlos.png
I am both disappointed and surprised.

I thought about it but it wasn't really a pun

I never played a Drakengard game, or the original Nier. I played Automata because I like Platinum games. Turns out it wasn't even particularly good as a Platinum game.
I don't understand the fandom for this meme series. But I'm glad you weirdos are so into it. It makes me happy that someone somewhere still gives a shit about video games.

Fuck Square Enix.

Yeah, because everyone loved Drakengard 2.

Careful what you wish for. Next thing you know the future of the franchise will be nothing but low effort animu tiddy fanservice games.

This is what will happen. I guarantee you.
nichegamer.com/2017/09/19/square-enix-hiring-new-nier-related-project/

I though plays on words qualified?

I believe the source of all these rumors is the Yorha stage play, in which it's explained that the androids are implanted with memories taken from humans, and it's heavily implied that A2's memories are taken from Kainé

Even without YT, as long as P* is still involved, at least the action should be passable. And we all know we're getting more phat robutt.

Fem Raider had a much bigger budget, right?

And this is why people hate Automatafags

nier was never good
just another mediocre nipland game based around the decades old boring formula that weebs eat up because it makes them feel satisfied to play a literal skinner box of a game so they simulate achieving something in their pathetic lives
there, your entire genre summed up

Do you have pics 2 and 4 without text?

OK

Faggots like you ruin the industry. Fuck you and fuck yoko for cuckolding his okd fanbase I wish only the worst for both the nu fans and the asshole that is yoko. Time to move on to another niche nippon dev and franchise again until that gets popular and ruined

The skinner box meme has been taken too far and you should feel ashamed of yourself.

NieR already had passable combat, and I strongly contest the idea that Automata's combat is remotely like PG's other action games.

I kind of hope it does… because after 10 years of living through that hell, when he finally does break free - he's going to have some wild fucking stories to tell born out of a decade of suppressed creativity and the darkness of the human heart in perpetual despair. And lots of alcohol.

I saw this coming once everyone started eating up 2b. So many fucking secondaries who just saw her and said "LMAO DUDE THICC, THICCCCCCCC BRO". the landwhales followed, the ones who though "2b has skindentation on her thighs so i can throw some stocking onto my fat fucking cottage cheese legs too". The next layer of perverts followed, "oh 9s my sweet boi he's so great" because they didn't finish the fucking game

I never truly knew what it was like to hate secondaries until now.

Was the subbed script different from the English VA script? If not, you're basing that on the shit translation.

Unless you know nip, of course.

Here it goes.

But that is Holla Forums :^)

It's one thing to act like hot shit among a bunch of random jerkoffs on an anonymous imageboard, it's another thing when you make a patreon-powered Youtube "career" out of educating normalfags about every niche franchise you can get your grubby e-whore hands onto.

cringeeeee

whoever had a monkeys paw fuck you

2/10, try again.

Man I fucking hate those kind of channels like this Vinesauce shit that keeps popping up on my recommendations, those retards scour the web looking for every single even slightly obscure game that they can find to then release a barely stitched together or not edited at all stream of them playing said games poorly for ten minutes each. Then there's the grade A garbage known as DidYouKnowGaming, it seems that their only job is to educate normalfags on obscure games so they can brag about their knowledge without ever actually playing said games.

Or you know, the port was fucking terrible and they still have not fixed everything, nor do they plan to.

Mine do too.

神にね
神にね
神にね

Woops. Guess I better just skip over this one

Then you better fucking play DoD, Nier, and DoD3 first you fag. Emulation is fine if your PC isn't shit, and if you have a really good setup, PS3 emulation is coming along surprisingly quickly.

>A2's memories are taken from Kainé
If that was true, she would know Emil and many other things that would change how she behaves in the game. I believe it's something similar to that, except the memories are only of combat. She, and all other YoRHa combat androids were then based off that field testing. Also now that you mention it, I believe it's not memories, but personalities that they are implanted with.

B-b-but what do you mean a game with a beautiful, sexy mc sold more than a progressive space station walking simulator with poc's and lesbians? That can't be right!

Skinner boxes refer to RNG you fucktard. You just described all Devil May Cry games.

9S didn't ask for this. All he ever wanted was to be with 2B. He deserves headpats.

Look who didn't play the game either

The fuck, why aren't they fixing shit thats so simple?
Is Sony paying them for that?
Or is it something with Platinum, what the fuck.
Besides the AA that I have to force via control panel the game is running fine.
Wew, what an absolute fucking madman

i will honestly never forget when the demo came out, someone posted that shopped image of 2B from below on the ladder with a slightly visible butthole, and the entire fucking board exploded for almost a week. as dumb and inconsequential as that one post was it's one of the like four i've ever seen that i'll remember for the rest of my life

He went insane because of a misunderstanding and a virus user.
Are you baiting me?

The gameplay is shit on all the difficulties. On any given difficulty for any given level difference between you and an enemy where the enemy does not one shot you, the enemies die to quickly. That is to say nothing of the fact that most of their movesets are completely non-threatening.

カミ ニ ナル
ミンナ ガ シンデ
カミ ニ ナル

I think you posted the wrong image there, buddy.

I remember there being two different butthole shots. One where the skin coloration was edited that was proven to be fake and one where if you looked very closely, you could see the spokes poking out of the leotard. I will never find that second image again.

I don't know Nip, I just posted the Kanji for Kami, and the hiragana that matched "ni ne". Gulag translate fucks your shit up.

I would've liked to play NieR or Drakenguard but none of those games have a PC version.

you can emulate drakengard 1, make it about halfway through and give up and just watch/read the rest of the story because very few actually get through that torture

The PC versions of all console games without ports are called emulators. It's only a matter of time before each is released. You can already emulate DoD and emulation for PS3 is coming along unexpectedly nicely.

you realize 2B's whole job was to kill 9S right?

really? i figured ps3 was gonna end up being the era that gets away from good emus just cuz of its bonkers hardware

I bought a ps3 and didn't regret it thought, ended up having a very nice library by the end

Katakana is typically used for mechanical/robot voices
Kami ni naru is the japanese for "Become gods"/"Become as Gods"
just thought I'd share my nip knowledge to reduce future shamefur dispray

Not just 9s but anyone who found out the truth about the moon, which the 9s models normally did since they are too smart/curious

(Checked)
Yes. 9S realized that at some unspecified point, and he still loved her. And she loved him too. That changes nothing I've said.
9S also realized that at, at least, one other point, and decided to fight to kill her first, and failed.

(Checked)
The compatibility list has steadily grown over the summer and continues to grow. rpcs3.net/compatibility

Well, technically she could have been assigned to others at some point, but I'm pretty she was only assigned to kill 9S everytime he found out the truth. Or possibly at some point she was assigned to him, and then was permanently on 9S duty.

Wasn't one of the side missions about killing the defectors who run for probably finding out the truth?
As well as the 9s duty

Well yes, but that wasn't her job specifically and the two of them are both told to do it without being told why the defectors defected. I can't even remember if those rogues were even shown to know the truth at all. There are other reasons to defect. The yuri android defected, abandoning her girlfriend, shortly before she died. Her reason is not given explicitly, but it seems to be to escape the war.

Yes, but I would swear the machines said it differently. They abbreviated it as Kami ni ne.

Well all of A2's original squad were aware that their implanted memories were fake, so it's entirely possible that A2 DOES recognize Emil but shrugs it off as just a coincidence

>all of A2's original squad were aware that their implanted memories were fake
I completely missed this. I thought they all died in a volcano, and only A2 and maybe a few others realized it was a suicide mission too late. That was the extent of their knowledge as far as I'm aware.

2B's ass saved Platinum from falling to obscurity and Yoko Taro from getting fired

8S and then by extension 9Ses were scouts that were programmed to be smart and curious, they were just -too good- at it. 8ses were largely cast off and discontinued, the 8S that you encounter in the Forest Castle Library later even talks about that. It's just when the 9Ses were made, instead of nerfing how smart they were, they programmed them to always be in love with a 2E(B). When 9S in the game got too out of line and too close to finding out the truth, as they're often want to do, they assign them to a 2B and the cycle usually sets in and takes care of itself.

tl;dr, 9S didn't deserve any of it, and neither did 8S deserve to be cast off

I played Nier but didn't play Drakengard. I was not a fan of the gameplay. Drakengard looks very shoddy, especially in terms of performance.
I did however, read up on and watch a lot regarding Drakengard 1 and 3. Does that make me an alright dude?

RIP

I don't see the issue. So far the series has always been 2-3 in terms of good games. If it still remains to have two good games out of a sea of sewage I still don't see the problem, especially if said sea of sewage is more Drakengard 2 than Drakengard 1.

this should've been the best seller of all time then

Isn't pc gaming really just console retrogaming? All there is worth playing is ports of old vidya.

Well that post's worth a flat "what".

But with the less entailing story and weakest feels, truly a monkey paw.
Also
It doesn't surprise me, i wonder why.

Right here my fellow redditor.

he is the main character, you're kinda supposed to

pretty much. the only appeal is emulation which is only good if you aren't aware of inaccuracies and all the os overhead involved.

case in point

LOL

fuck off

I'm guessing the user making the game got chased off the website?

Undertale was good, great even. Community formed around it (or existed before it was released) was cancer. I'd still recommend the game to anyone.

I'm not sure if he left, but he got a thorough bullying though.

Well its only his fault for having that autistic episode of his.

In what way? Mediocre bullet hell fights to attempt to set itself apart from Mother and not be any more interesting than a goddamn thing on gamejolt and FRIEEEEENDS. OH WOW FRIEEENDS.
Is this honestly bait or are you this much of a faggot?

2B's ass single handedly saved nier

It might save the world. I don't know how, but that's the feeling I get.

Is yoko taro the new kojima?

No, he's doing the wing diver EDF rail shooter.

No, because Taro doesn't have a massive ego and high opinion of himself. Even with Automata's success.

False. Why are you toying with the autists?

The yoko taro team are working on the next kunio game, stop confusing user for no reason.

Don't ask me, that's all I gathered from the barely gathered Tokyo Show thread.

Just look at MoHunny.

I can already see it through the veil once SE gets their fingers in it.

I still care about video games but I'm getting close to not giving a shit anymore. It's bad enough that I can't get my younger brother to continue cooping games with me because his job overworks him. Feels bad, because I used to be like him. Not giving a shit to coop anything with him as a teenager.

They're getting into the westernizing games overall beyond western properties now. It's going to get dark. Real dark.

What's necessary is to slap a motherfucker blind if they consider franchising.
Or, just let the whole goddamn shithouse go up in flames.

It's almost like you don't realize that Nines is a wordplay on Nier, which means Negation. Of the self.

>they programmed them to always be in love with a 2E
What? I didn't see anything anywhere say that any YoRHa units would be programmed to love anything.

But A2 is the one who literally has her personality data based off of the original Kaine.

Is this in part of the side books that haven't been translated yet? Because I need source.

And then they based 2B on A2.

Can you find the material that states as such? That was never mentioned in the base game.

It was implied that at the same time that they revealed 2B was a 2E, at least that's what I gathered on it. Though I could be misinterpreting it but during that reveal they at least say all 9Ses are assigned a 2B, and because of the Amnesia Quest being the way that it was, it'd make sense to program that sort of thing as well

Them assigning an E model to all 9S models doesn't imply all of them are programmed to fall in love as much as they happen to constantly. In the case that you can program someone to love wouldn't the 2E models be conversely programmed to never love 9S so we never get mental breakdown a la 2B?

Not necessarily, I just guessed that because when you think about the Amnesia Quest, that android was a lover of somebody else, if they defaulted like Yorha thought they would, it'd make sense to have a fail safe and make that android at least have some feelings for their assassin. It's not hard to do that if they can already implant false memories. The assassin afterwards feeling grief and erasing their own memories just seems like more of a bonus than a detriment

Low advertisement and no waifu material.

Other units' combat data was based off of A2 and company's field testing. The other androids did not all get the same personality data, as there are large differences between individuals.

What you're saying also directly contradicts the situations when 9S fully resolves to kill 2B as per side materials, even when they become cordial I don't imagine 9S in your scenario is anyway programmed to full on assault 2B and take the initiative.

Not if he's already been at least partially fucked by a virus which by the time he gets to the tower he's breaking down from said virus as shown by the red eyes

Side materials nigger. He said 2B, not A2.

He was completely virus free in the situation in the novel I mentioned. They were exploring the ruins from the first Nier, 2B gets the order to kill 9S, 9S lures her into a dark room and ambushes her. Completely virus free.

I should also state. 9S strikes first, not 2B.

I know what he said, I assumed he was talking about the fight in the tower with all the other 2B androids. Keep your panties on.

Oh, my bad, I didn't read the novel. I don't know then. It was Speculation

here have a gander.
nier2.com/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/

Thanks user, I'll take a look into it

I hope the lesson they get from this is more "people want to look at sexy women and men instead of hipster rejects" and less "we need streamlined, easy games that use denuvo" but we all know what's gonna happen.

Toppest of keks as they say, what a finely aged meme

No you didn't. He said side materials. You brought up something from the actual game. My misunderstanding of what situation you were talking about in the main game doesn't change that.

Nigger he already apologized calm your tits.

He apologized to you. He told me to calm my tits and that he understood you in the same post, when he did not.

Well you still need to calm your tits when I already acknowledged I was wrong

No.

On one hand I'm ecstatic that a great game has gotten the success it deserves. These are precious moments worth celebrating, and I'm glad for Taro, Platinum and everyone involved in making it.

On the other hand, anyone with half a brain knows that "franchise" talk is bad news, especially from a company as reckless as Squeenix. Does anyone really want to see Taro or Nier get kicked in the teeth like Final Fantasy has?

I hope you're all ready to see Ending E cruelly subverted

It is in the base game. The Library near the end states that YorHa was so pleased with Number Two's combat data that they took it as the base for an executioner model. It's obvious which model they mean when you look at each girl's face.

Oh you're talking about that report where there were certain traits she had that were desirable.
It even directly states as such. They state it was A2 specifically, the deserter, that the information was taken from. But that doesn't mean they have an identical personality. A2 was also a model that was supposed to help implement 9S from her combat archive as well, does 9S have the same thing going on?

So what, now I have to redownload the whole thing to get a version cleaned of the “fix”? Where are saves stored so I don’t lose what little progress I already have?

That's exactly my point.

You're moving the goalposts: it doesn't have to be Kainè perfectly reborn in flesh and spirit, to be her placeholder. The link is made apparent, that's it without any need for further detail.

where is the porn?

It's just not fair.

I don't have a picture showing how sad I am.

All Endings end up with Yonah dead from her disease and the entire populace soon after. Everyone dies in all endings.

Let's be perfectly honest here.
How many of those 2 million sales were PURELY because of 2B's inhuman amounts of sex appeal?

You could argue Yonah got cured after the Yonah Gestalt decided to part away to leave her with full control. Yonah could be argubly the only real human in millenia.

She still died of old age unable to reproduce.

Yoko clearly stated in side materials that in all endings she succumbs to her illness.

90%. 95% at best.

Give me the weeb tears

Yoko Taro being the new Kojima confirmed.

But Yoko hasn't made a good game yet :^)

Neither has Kojimbo.

Same goes for kojima.

2 million less then 2 million.

Fuck it I guess I'll go kill myself.

He'll be a slave to the "Nier" franchise.

You're the kind of person that's too dense to take a hint: stories don't write themselves, they are made with purpose. Waltzing around the specifics is idiotic, because the entire theme at hand here is the heritage from Kaine, to A2, to 2B which is the soul of their story.

Fixed that for you, no sense in cutting out the last step in an inheritance unless you were trying to fudge things to support your point. Even if it is an inheritance 2B passing everything onto A2 so it's still A2 that's the Kaine stand in.

Just remove the FAR (Fix Automata Resolution) mod. I have never crashed after removing that thing. I'm playing with the FitGirl repack using BALDMAN V3 crack. I use BorderlessGaming to play the game in windowed full screen to fix the resolution problem.
Saves are in:
C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\My Games\

I have to say, I didn't get the chance to play the game myself and had to resort to LP videos, but I still agree here. Those bits really did stand out the most to me, and I wish there were more games that just changed everything like that.

Here's a hint: Not every single thing is necessarily an analogy to older events, even if there are ties.

Last