What are some old school shooters set in city environments?

What are some old school shooters set in city environments?

I really like the blocky and low poly look of cities in old games, plus the idea of taking cover inside of houses and shit seems cool in old school FPS games.

Other urls found in this thread:

m210.duke4.net/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blood has a whole episode taking place in a city under siege, I think it was the third episode, though it could've been one of the expansion packs.

Nice. What's the best way to play it? GoG version with DOS emulator?
Does it have a modern sourceport like Doom?

I see what you did there.

Painkiller had at least one level set inside a city.

Blood 2 and Max Payne

There's BloodGDX m210.duke4.net/index.php

Duke Nukem 3D
Trump Doom
Ethnic Cleansing

If you've got a good CPU, then Dosbox + BMouseFix is the way to go. BloodGDX is a pretty great-looking sourceport, though it has some bugs here and there and might not accurately emulate the original, but if you can't handle Dosbox then I'd go for GDX.

Love that old website design. Pretty nice.

That's a shame. I'd rather not install Java anyway so that's fine.

Does Dosbox seriously require a beefy CPU for this game?

more like user doesn't know how to use a hyphen

If you want to emulate Blood at higher resolutions beyond 640x480 while maintaining at least 60fps, yes. Blood was developed before GPU acceleration was a thing, so most of the calculations were done using the CPU. Dosbox can only emulate that behavior, so if you want a decent resolution you need a decent CPU.

How old?

Painkiller black had an amazing city on an ocean level.

Do WADs count? If so, Hellbound is pretty great, about a helf of it is set in urban environments.
Also, how is Dusk? I've seen some gameplay vids and it looks promising, but I'd like to know how good is level design layout-wise.

Double this. Painkiller has some amazing environments in general. It's a shame the modding scene isn't very active (as far as I know).

Speaking of modding. If you're looking for non-official content then you might wanna check out Quake, Half-Life and the sequels. The mods and maps for these games feature plenty of urban environments.

Thanks, will check these out

From what I've seen, Dusk seems pretty great.

Black will always be my favorite

Soldier of Fortune's first level takes place in a New York subway

Whta the fuck is that garbage Op posted? People think Old Itscool FPS stand for shitty graphics nowadays?

Duke3D is the shit and it has great level design.

BEGONE LEFTYPOL SCUM