Bullets don't go where you point the gun with iron sight (meaning that recoil is controlled by a cheap RNG rather than...

Wew, this game was gay.

Other urls found in this thread:

metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=420
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You could have posted any game in the OP but your thread would still be shit.
Might have to change the word "mutant" to something else, though.

Sort of. All weapons have a cone of fire, like, say, counter strike. Standing still, crouching, and using iron sights merely tighten that cone.
Enemies do have a wounded state where they start limping, but due to the hugely inflated health pools and how super bullets work, you won't see it too often.
No argument here. It'd be nice if more games had this.
I think it's quick and efficient compared to most similar games, but eh, personal taste.
Technically 12 minutes.

Overall, 4/10 vanilla, 8.5/10 with mods. I'm sorry you wasted your time playing vanilla, it really isn't a very good game out of the box.

There's already a thread faggot
In any case the vanilla game is pretty decent and you suck cocks. Now go play with mods.

Complete fixes the gunplay a shit ton to the point where the game feels different and shit pistols are worth having as sidearms (the Big Ben holy shit it has perfect accuracy now and kills most with one shot) but nobody uses complete anymore. What a shame, it's really good despite it's age.

Complete is terrible and you're a faggot for recommending it. Auto-applying bandages, completely broken sound like disabling enemy death screams so enemies are completely non-responsive when their buddies get killed next to them as a really lazy and backwards way of implementing "stealth".

Also Big Ben is accurate as fuck with a 0.5 after ammo modifiers fire dispersion compared to 1.2 for the mak, and lower number = more accurate. It's just that the accuracy bar on weapon stats is highly misleading in SoC.

Stalker thread, so might as well as this here.
I'm trying to play CoC on a computer without an audio driver but it keeps crashing because it can't start the audio driver.
Is there any way to skip the audio check or just disable the audio in the game so it won't try to start the driver?
That one shitty SoC remake worked well, so it's literally just the audio driver fucking with it.

You can't shoot someone / deal damage if their injured so when you're shooting aganist multiple enemies, you cc everyone and hope you paid attention and kill them when they're not wimping around, but headshots kill very fast so do that instead unless they have helmets, that's when the ap boolets come in. Although this is all moot if you didn't play on master difficulty

Already a S.T.A.L.K.E.R thread up cuckchan.

STALKER is like touhou, the culture that was created around it is greater than the games themselves.

Damn the autistic edge hits hard here.

Complete is shit
Kill yourself

Almost everything in this post is wrong.

Holla Forums, you'll never fail to amuse me.

So is your assessment of the vanilla versiom of a 2007 game.

How new are are you?

this, OP

on ModDB
considering you faggots didn't make any alternative recommendations, let me ignore your gay opinions

Hillary won the popular vote.

come on son

you are correct
the very definition of a meme game

user, plz. are you proposing that the mod was artificially upvoted to its status like all of Hillary's voter fraud?

It's more popular too

Forgot the slashes, ah well

They probably got laughed out of the that thread for being a faggot already.

>>>/reddit/

Use weapons which are more accurate?
They literally fall down and start crying
Thats the fucking point. The mutants are supposed to walls which eat bullets for breakfast and shrug damage.
Nice (1) and done bait thread

That's not the point. The point is it's clunky and unrealistic.

They're basically dead by that moment. I mean somewhere in between when they're wounded but still capable of fighting. It should be a good thing to add because all enemies are bullet sponges.

They're just dogs dude.

I don't know what to think

Sawed Shotguns and poorly maintained handguns having a large spread is unrealistic?
And? You said 1% health.
top heh
The dogs literally limp away. Of all the examples to use, you chose the one which proves you wrong.
I can see why you didn't post in the normal STALKER thread. Are you the same autist who thought that bullets hitting the enemies was based on RNG despite being repeatedly proven wrong?

Technically yes. Barrel length has little to do with how buckshot patterns, you're looking at roughly 1" spread per yard. As for handguns, realistically you're never going to be able to shoot out your barrel to the point that accuracy would be an issue. Both of these are fixed by mods though, so it's not really an issue, but just clearing things up from a strict realism perspective.

No, I'm talking about how guns in CoD and Red Orchestra got pushed around when shooting in iron sight, causing weapon inaccuracy. In STALKER, your guns don't move around when shooting, it's only RNG spread without gun or camera movement. Maybe only a few upward recoil, but the rest of inaccuracy is caused by RNG spread.

I have explained to you.

When the enemy is down, they're like at 0% health. I want to see a weakened enemy, not disabled.

A single headshot? Sometimes they take more than that. Also, it's unrealistic to shrug off bullets like that.

Sometimes. And they don't fall down or reduce their running speed when blown by a shotgun.

Who? I just played the game.

Half-broken 50 year-old slavshit being unreliable and inaccurate is unrealistic?

The bullet sponge effect is actually largely illusory but because of slavshit programming the result is pretty much the same.

And one shot to the head or three shots to the chest will kill them. You probably have trouble killing them because the way the vanilla game handles accuracy is fucking retarded.

Except they do.
They don't
Good job making shit up though. Really gives me the to confidence to not address anything else you claim.
What do you think the limping animation is you retard?

OP here. Looks like the accuracy is fine. It's just the enemies that are bullet sponges.

Yeah, probably my fault for being spoiled by american weaponry.

They don't. Look how tight those bullet holes are. And even while aiming down without shooting, in COD the guns still move around, but not in STALKER.

They sometimes shake their head after being shot. Also, in real life people can be brought down and even die in one shot even when shot in the torso.

I mean like getting ballistic trauma by the stopping power of the shotgun.

Its time to stop user
I bet hes never even used articacts to optimize his build.

We know who you are you cuckchan faggot.
We have IDs here
Like pottery

Play on hardest difficulty you fucking retard.

It won't change anything. I've figured out that the problem with STALKER is the lack of stopping power, not solely bullet sponge.

It's just the vodka-induced slavshit game design and coding.

metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=420

You also need to be playing on Master if you aren't already (yes, this matters) and I would strongly recommend ZRP and possibly Arsenal Overhaul if you're /k/-inclined.

I'll try changing the gun damage.

Bad, bad idea. Just use ZRP and AO.

I feel the same way as OP, attempted 4 (vanilla) runs and found myself extremely bored after a couple hours. Do mods really help the game a lot? What mod would fix some of the mechanics while still making the game fairly vanilla with its content?
always bothered me, too.

You can stop now.

Define "fairly vanilla".

Every difficulty that's not Master is entirely irrelevant.

You're telling a guy complaining about shitty damage sponge enemies to play on Master, as if that fixes the issue, when it only makes it worse in Vanilla.

the difficulty is irrelevant period when you can't hit the fat side of an sjw from 20 meters because of stupid RNG shit that you have no control over, kid. this game will always be terrible and flipping the difficulty doesn't change that.

And again: enemies aren't damage sponges, it's just shitty game design. Change the variables so that you're completely accurate and the the damage sponginess miraculously vanishes.

And again: you're telling a guy complaining about damage sponginess that he needs to play on Master to fix it, when the player deals between 20 and 33% less damage going from Novice to Master. You obviously don't know what you're talking about, and you're giving really shitty advice. This shitty advice is why we have faggots like OP who try to play the game multiple times, and just "can't get into it", because they listen to you spergs and play on Master in Vanilla, and surprise surprise, it plays like shit and doesn't fix their complaints.

Mario Kart is pure fucking RNG.

What an emotional thing to say.

Master is the setting the game is balanced around, you see on easier difficulties the accuracy of bullets decreases. If you hate the accuracy issues then you play on Master.

Please use the existing thread to discuss.