Even the PC port has approximately 12 seconds of load time per battle. Is there any way to get around it? Unplayable

Even the PC port has approximately 12 seconds of load time per battle. Is there any way to get around it? Unplayable.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/ff-modding/discussions/13/357284131804133221/?ctp=15
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gee wilikers user, do you have ADD? You must if you can't wait 12 seconds!
Consoles player may wait longer! Your privilege is showing!
How dare you complain about a game! If you don't like it, make your own game!
Entitled, privileged, and on the spectrum? My guess is that you're a man too! You're not the demographic for games anymore so what you say doesn't matter!
Crawl back into your moms basement you small penised hopeless virgin, we own games now! xD

emulate the PS1 version and use copious amounts of fast forward.
A lot of PS1 RPGs loved wasting player's time.

It's extra long on all versions. It does seem like the PS4 is slightly faster though.

Do any emulators mute the volume when fast forwarding because it drives me insane.

Most PS1 emulators just uncap the framerate instead of doing anything special when you fast forward so no.

Does emulating on the PS4 allow you to break the original scale cap for the backgrounds? On the psx emulators every time I try to raise the resolution higher than the original scale the backgrounds glitch

Bind fast forward toggle and mute toggle to the same key/button. Voila.

This man is a genius.

I never got past disc 3 during my childhood cause the waltz evil black mage or whatever would freeze during a certain point.
lose interest during ps3 version cause got so many games i can play at this point.
I still never got to disc 4.
WHY CAN'T I FINISH GAMES

SO WITCH THREAD DO I TALK ABOUT DAGGER'S PUSSY CLEAVAGE?????

If you actually want to finish this then play the game while listening to an audio book or something
The fast forward button really helps too.

Unplayable? I finished it user.

It's an old game, manage your expectations.

sage for double post
I had a similar issue. The second half of Disk 2 is god awful and boring as fuck. The Iifa Tree is such a momentum stopper and the begging of Disk 3 is a drag. But the ending is excellent. If this was broken into a 3 act Structure, the second Act is essentially Garbage. The Intro and endings are top notch. It doesn't help that I hate most the Cast aside form the three lead characters and Beatrix. The Villain's are completely uninspired and almost predictable in a over the top sense characteristic of FF. Not bad once you finish it, but it's clearly the Hipsters favorite Final Fantasy because not many people actually played it on account of it being released around the same time as the release of the PS2.

Also, pussy cleavage

Load times are the developers way of telling you to hit the bong.

Stop playing FF games after 7.

Try 5

you mean VI?

VI is literally a meme game. Story is what fucked FF games.

your mom is a meme

Then you better not play Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite since that has at least 40 seconds to wait for battles in Story Mode for a modern game.

Please explain your definition of a meme game, and how Final Fantasy 6 is a literal example of it.

mah nigga

You had to make me angry before I went to bed didn't you? Why did this happen so often? Was it the hardware limitations? All sorts of games gave me this trouble, but mostly jrpgs.

Sounds a lot like my problem, had to use cousin's PS2 to play past disc 2.

Is Freya any good as a character?

Also, should I get the steam release or emulate it?

I found this on Neofag.

steamcommunity.com/groups/ff-modding/discussions/13/357284131804133221/?ctp=15

Weird nobody posted it.

You poor poor plebs.

Ive reported you for going to neogaf

Tell me more about how I hurt your feelings

It's the consensus on reddit and gamefaqs: shit on 7 and push 6 as the pinnacle. Sorry faggot, elitism is a boomerang.

Freya's a decent enough character and her iteration of Dragoon is one of the most versatile in the series (minor support and attack-magic along with Jump and being a great frontline attacker) but it drops her storyline pretty quickly on and then never really returns to it.

Then at this point why bother playing this upscaled ps1 copy of the game with garbage loading times when you could just play the psx version?