Why do people insist playing Vanilla minecraft without at least a mod like quark that adds basic features such as...

Why do people insist playing Vanilla minecraft without at least a mod like quark that adds basic features such as allowing to edit a sign once placed, or luring/moving villagers with an emerald?

You don't have to install total conversions, but people autistically flip out if it's not vanilla. Especially when you're forced to implement something like factions to prevent faggots from griefing/ stealing your shit.

Is that the Canadian couple that overdosed on Fentanyl and died with their kid just sitting there in the back seat?

Surely people here don't do that.

People don't play Minecraft, only autistic gremlins do.

How many threads about fucking Minecraft have we had this week already? Four? Five? Autistic gremlins is a apt description.

Yeah but I thought it was in Ohio

If you have to implement any protections against griefing, you're inviting the wrong fucking people onto your server.

My deduction skills as a detective tell me you quite possibly, have never had sex

Ohio here. It's usually fucking funny when people do that shit, so long as they don't leave any kids behind. I can remember back to around the age of 2 pretty clearly (mostly stuff like meals I liked or hated, toys I had, cartoons and movies, where the guns were hidden), and this sticks FOREVER.

Also Minecraft is for people too stupid to play real games and too poor for Lego blocks. I say this having built a scene in three dimensions from Gradius, that played the music when you rode past on a mine cart, in a world full of crazy shit made by tabletop RPG addicts.

Because minecraft is such a nig-rigged piece of shit, it's both annoying to install mods, and keep them running properly.
it might've gotten better, I haven't played since they introduced the food bar and shit

is this feeling of wasted potential common? don't starve and terraria kept my attention for longer, so i know it's not the genre

it's very much common, and no real amount of mods will ever really fix the cores issues of the game due to the fact that they're based on liking those bases

The problem is they made a digital set of Legos into a GAME. They added rules and guidelines and limits and a variety of methods to die, which never should have been done. Can you imagine being five-years-old, and being pigeonholed into a very strict method of playing with your toys, instead of just doing whatever you fucking want?

Don't Starve is a survival game made to be a survival game. Terraria is a 2D survival-ish RPG that just happens to use blocks. Neither have anything to do with Minecraft, which is a "software toy" that has nonsensical game elements crammed into it. You're not supposed to follow a preset path and preset goals. You're supposed to figure out what you want to do with the nigh-inexhaustible hundreds of different types of blocks that surround you, by yourself. If you lack the imagination for that… well, perhaps you'd rather play a game that tells you what to do and rewards you only when you follow the rules, like a good little schoolchild. Fair enough.

TL;DR: If you can't find a way to have fun in Minecraft, it's your own fault, and any limitations upon the player added by subsequent releases are a detriment to its core purpose.

But Creative mode was never removed

People insist on judging Minecraft based only on Survival Mode "b-but muh muh hunger bar!!" so it doesn't matter.

how do you fail at a children's sandbox game?

Can you really fail when the winning move is not to play?

That's called "giving up", user. It's what losers do.

Shit like that are perhaps the best kinds of mods because they increase immersion without removing "purity."

Can you imagine having infinite lego for $15 and bitching that the instruction manual is too oppressive and limiting?

Can you imagine paying 15$ to keep getting hit on the head because you aren't following the rules precisely enough?

mods have gotten worse as a result of forge
back when modders were hacking shit apart with just the minecraft coder's pack, they accomplished crazy shit that led to the fun of tekkit, ic2/buildcraft/forestry/equivalent exchange/railcraft/modular forcefields/icbm, and modders took their favorite mods into consideration by bridging mods with each other's APIs, as ic2, forestry, and buildcraft did for each other, giving the player a forestry engine that ran off EU to produce BC and an ic2 generator that consumed forestry bio-fuel to produce EU.
BetterThanWolves and RedPower both started without forge, and still ran together nicely.
Forge has limited the modders by trying to provide it's own hooks for everything in minecraft's engine, improving the compatibility between mods but leaving less room for directly modifying things that would benefit both in utility and performance.
Forge has become so bloated that it should no longer be used just for the severe drop in performance it creates.
Minecraft vanilla starting up from a RAM disk: 10 seconds
Minecraft Tekkit (1.2.5) starting up from a standard hard drive:

If it makes you feel any better, they were passed out - they didn't die. They were treated, fined, and jailed. They also aren't the kid's parents, it was his grandmother and her boyfriend. He was in their custody, since his mom happens to be a crack addict and a stripper.

That poor kid has no luck.

Is it still summer? Is that why?

Reikas mods
/argument
Startup time proves nothing. Unless ingame tps is affected, your argument is void
Was in itself more optimized. Mojang fucked it up after Notch left with >enterprise coding standards. This is a well-known fact.
None of these are sources of performance degradation. More biomes only means more generator functions, not one more bloated function. Strings are only used for identification and preserving type->id bindings in a serialized format. The runtime format is still ids. Saving IDs is not that valuable either. What they should do is just extend to 32-bit ints, the memory diff is negligible and no systems perform iteration enough that the size increase degrades performance.

I've been running heavily (and manually) modded servers for my friends since whatever version IC1 ran on and before that ran vanilla. I've played and hosted since late alpha. My i5 3570K serb is still going strong as fug. If anything, perf is better, now that most mods are fully optimized. Everyone knows how to make things like tube networks as efficient as possible. Minecraft modding has never been in better shape. Almost. The group of retards going past 1.7.10 is a problem, since their existence means some good mods are not getting updated on version that's actually good.

Common? Every, single, playthrough is essentially the same. The game is so fundamentally misguided - it's impossible to explain what's wrong with it. It had so much potential and was all wasted away by an incompetent, fat fuck.

While some of reika's mods are good, I started to stay away from them once I found out her mods were bloating startup time by 8 minutes EACH (including the core mod) if the mods were no longer being updated for a particular version. Each mod would be trying to phone home to find the latest version, and reika had moved onto the next game version then there was nothing for the mods to find, but they wouldn't time out for 8 fucking minutes, one after the other.
How about FPS? In every modpack pre 1.6.4 you could get 100+ FPS, just from the transition from 1.5.2 to 1.6.4 FPS took a huge hit, from averaging 98 to 60, and something caused FPS to continually decline after 15 minutes of gameplay, until eventually I was left with 5fps and was forced to restart the application.

For the record, I've run servers too, and any modpack past 1.5.2 has required frequent restarts with less than 10 players. The last server I ran was 1.10 (because of the fucking combat update) with something like 5 mods (really more than 10 because of core mods and APIs), and not only was performance so bad client-side that I was restarting the client every 30 minutes (FPS gradually dropped to 2fps from 30 within 30 minutes), but the server performance was horrible, with entity lag out the ass, if you were in a dungeon you would get fucking raped by zombies because they would all freeze in place while you're hitting nothing and then they all fast forward and you're dead. This was rented server time, a rented game server could not handle it.

Kid's either going to grow up completely fucked up, or he's going to consume all of that misery as fuel and become a fucking ubermensch.

I'm assuming it's because people see >modded multiplayer game and assume it's one of those shitty mods that add a million pointless things that are extremely out of place. For example, whenever I would play Killing Floor with people who modded it, it was a shitty clusterfuck with a million pointless perks (as well as tons of levels of each), way too many people on the server, stupid and out of place enemies, weapons that existed just for the sake of existing and all sorts of other stupid shit I can't be bothered to remember. And every single fucking time anyone wanted to play a fanmade map, it was that stupid Doom level that didn't fit the game at all instead of one of the numerous actually decent fanmade maps.

For whatever reason, any multiplayer game seems to have a horribly shitty modding community. They don't want to just change things for the better, they just want to mod things for the hell of modding then, the results be damned.

Also in the case of Minecraft the combat is garbage, so any mod that tries to make dangerous enemies will just be shit.

yes

This, really

I'm a mod on a minecraft server and it basically sorts itself out. If we catch someone being a griefnigger we throw him in the garbage, simple as that

A rented game server means an overloaded run-time environment. You wasted your money fool.

I feel like I only see the opposite. People saying they just need a few mods for "quality of life." And once you see the results, everything is automated for them and they're basically in creative. God forbid any one of those mods break because that house of cards is built on sand.

It's not like there was anything better to spend it on.