GAMENIGHT: FAS 2.0.2

RADCORP UNPLANNED GAMENIGHT
FIREARMS SOURCE 2.0.2

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?
Another unique, and quite dead, source mod. Lets rig up the car batteries and jolt this back to life for a weekend. 32 player max, lots of guns, lots of maps, and what's remaining of the community is very generous and cooperative. Should be fun.

How do i get it?
Download here
moddb.com/downloads/firearms-source-202-windows-full

DOWNLOAD PATCH (important)
dropbox.com/s/irzt19b8j9m3p15/2.0.2-1tc.zip?dl=0

For the patch, extract, paste "fas" folder in the sourcemods directory (same place you extracted the game to), click yes to all, copy and replace ect.

You must also restart steam, after this it should show up in your inventory.

The game night will be condcuted on friday, sep. 22, and will run for as long as we play.
On the 22nd we will begin at 6:00pm central time (USA).

bump

bump

So even though it's not gamenight yet, do we have a test server up?

reading comprehension : 0

The serve will go up on the 22nd, it's already been tested for the player loads we're expecting. For the present there are a few inactive server up you can screw around in (no min player limit, and hosting is easy if you want to get a feel for the game.)

If it bothers you so much you can filter it until Thursday.

Only bothers me cause you plaster /radcorp/'s good name all over it and yet dont follow the format we always use.

Yeah this is safe to say not a /radcorp/ hosted event. This thread is just embarrassing and the OP is clearly a newfag.

Haha what? This is about playing video games faggot, not

Badly formatted? How so? All the information needed is given, how to install the game.
It's a source mod, you start it up and join a server.
As for the game, it's self explanatory, a team based shooter with a large arsenal and lots of maps. What else do you want? Left click to shoot?
How would you prefer I bump the thread?
You have a point, perhaps I got a bit too excited.

That's not how radcorp works. You realize this is an imageboard right? Not reddit.
Like I said, I don't think you understand how radcorp or Holla Forums work.

No it's very clear ""you"" don't know how /radcorp/ operates. Your OP contains none of the key information that a typical gamenight features, even unofficial ones. If you knew this you wouldn't have posted the thread in such a state. As it stands it is completely low effort and reeks of you using the name to bait anons into playing the game.

Holy moly, the weapon animations and models are absolutely gorgeous. This is way too good to be a source mod. But seriously, when are we doing Mechwarrior Living Legends? I feel like I need to get involved in /radcorp/ again. After all, I was one of its founding fathers.

Well, it is unofficial.

Even unofficial ones put a fuckton more effort and planning into the night than OP did. It doesn't even contain server address or IP ffs

Good luck getting people to play with a badly formatted. Might as well just hold up a cardboard sign.
Haha, no. Some anons arent tech-savvy and require a bit of handholding to help them join and play. Not their fault, but can be easily avoided with a well formatting and worded post.
Ideally, you dont. You let other, interested anons bump for you while you're ingame/away and making sure the server is running smoothly for everything to start running the next day. That is, if you created the thread on a Thursday like you should've, like a proper /radcorp/ gamenight. Also plastering /radcorp/ all over an unofficial night is completely unnecessary considering its unofficial

This is what I was talking about. radcorp isn't some organization with clear boundaries, but rather and amalgamation of anons coming together to play vidya,yes there are norms, but they are not binding contracts, especially this is an unofficial game night.
You are a fucking autist.

Why don't you call up the radcorp commander and have me fined while your at it?

Are you an idiot? Sorry for being rude, but come on, it's a dead source mod. There will be ONE populated server, with 8ch in the title (common sense)

It's pre-game night. It's just so people can download, set up, and get accustomed to the game beforehand rather than prior. I'll admit it is a bit early in the week, though.

Oh sweet child you have no fucking idea do you about running a game night let alone actually hosting Source Mods?
Please just delete this thread before you embarrass yourself even further, you're beyond hope now.

How is it badly formatted? What information is missing?

???
I feel like your being a tad condescending here. All the anons who would play this have all installed a source mod before, if not it is as simple as extracting some files into a folder and restarting steam. I even posted a picture guide.

What do you mean? it works for me, if it doesn't work for some an IP will be provided. Plus the server isn't even up yet, why would I post an IP to a nonexistent server? The game night has not started yet, so no IP will be provided, if you want you can use the browser to play on some of the dead servers.

>implying im not already here
STOP
YOU VIOLATED THE LAW
PAY RADCORP A FINE OR SERVE YOUR SENTENCE
YOUR SHIT THREAD IS NOW FORFEIT

FUCK
How many (you)'s will this violation cost me?

Just I don't even have words to describe this. Really you are completely moronic.

Maybe I am a moron. Explain yourself. The server set up and ready to go, but why would it be running this early in the week?

Think of it this way.
Why would you set the thread up this early anyway? Its tuesday, the thread will be long gone by the time the weekend hits. Are you just going to keep remaking them?

You have clearly not tested shit to see if it works and you need to use fucking IP connect for Source Mods you moronic idiot as the server browser doesn't work the vast majority of times

Last gamenight, somebody tried to open the .7z linked ITT with fucking WinRAR.

Well then an Ip will be provided. The server browser worked for the the guys I was using to test it and it's worked on most source mods I played with radcorp. Thank you for the information.

Perhaps it was posted too soon. If so it can be remade.

What questions are there to ask? I mean really, what would I post in a FAQ?

See my previous post. It describe it perfectly.
Well, then the server will go up tomorrow if it's such an issue. But like I stated, there are empty servers and you can always host your own.
I don't understand, are you saying they don't have time to play during the week? It scheduled for friday, unless you work on the weekend .

The instructions are clear, but this is much simpler than even Joint OPs, you literally can't screw it up.

I had more than two posts.

also

What the actual fuck is this shit? Please go back to the drawing board
/radcorp/ is used in advanced to help get feedback on what is needed for a gamenight and what information is needed to be placed in the OP for anons to know. Seriously use it and ask for feedback before starting a thread like this, it will really help. also you don't use /radcorp/'s name for unofficial game nights

If you want Living Legends to have a night you need to get your finger out user and put more details. I've helped put together a few now and actually helped host one just by researching and getting the stuff actually needed to host a game night available to anons. In fact two of the ones on the official schedule now are due to doing just that.

Sorry when did this happen? Were you around for Eternal Silence at all? Or Battlegrounds? Server browsers for Source Mods rarely if ever work. You need to make sure you have a working way to connect via direct IP. Anyone who has actually worked with hosting Source Engine Mods before would have known that.

So you haven't actually tested any of this shit to see if it works at all? user this is just embarassing, ALWAYS make sure your shit works before trying to host a gamenight. I tested WiC for several weeks with a few anons working out all the kinks before putting it forward for a gamenight and having the unofficial gamenight. Granted that is a bit of an extreme case but the bottom line is I made sure that the servers worked with no nasty surprises and we could put the details of where to find the servers when the day came. You need to make shit idiot proof.

Don't take it the wrong way OP, but your whole attitude this entire thread makes your reek of an underagefag. You literally sound 12 failing to grasp at any of the critical feedback you are getting. It is slightly forgivable if this is your first attempt at hosting a night and you are likely overexcited but please for the love of all that is holy use /radcorp/ properly next time and get some feedback before making a thread like this. It will honestly help a lot especially if you need help with e.g. formatting.

Basic shit. "What is this?" "Why should i play it?" "Can I run it on a toaster?" "Are there X?" "Is there Y?" "Can we play Z gamemode?" etc

You had one fucking job.

see

I did test this, just not with a large number of people. It worked for another guy and I figured it was fine. As for eternal silence, I used the IP to connect, didn't even try the browser.

But apparently it has a lot of problems, so an IP will be provided.

I'm not, really.

The browser problem was not clearly explained until a few posts in. I was not aware and had not experienced it before. I suppose I could also have been a bit more descriptive.

It is, sorry if I didn't flesh it out enough.

I guess I just felt that those types of questions would be redundant considering the "basic" nature of the game.

I meant that the desc in the OP was sufficient. But apparently not.

You misunderstand. You were referring to anons getting a feel for the game, which does not require others.

They don't have to during the week.

SINCE IT HAS BEEN REQUESTED, THE SERVER IS UP

IP IS 76.170.167.22:27015

To join, open console with ~ and type "connect 76.170.167.22:27015"

I do it for free. But if this get buried i'll just remake it.

Nice to see things are getting through to you but are you seriously arguing with the experienced hostfags?

Not arguing, discussing.

Normally we make the prep thread on Thursday user, we don't like to shit Holla Forums up with eternal gamenight threads. Looks fun though.

Scheduling fag here, anyone can host whenever they fucking like, we don't have a monopoly on gamenights and wouldn't want one. It's just that we normally stick to the weekends to avoid burning out players and spamming Holla Forums that's all.

Well, apart from what I'll admit was a premature post on my part, all the other issues seem to have been ironed out. If this thread dies I'll remake it back bigger and better on thursday.

Thanks for your input, everything seems to be going fine now.

Sure, I'll probably come and play. Don't worry about the anons getting mad.

Oh and OP do you want a hand setting it up so non-Steam users can play? I can ask our resident user who does that shit to explain it for you.

Just adding here: this is a correct summary of /radcorp/, we don't have official organisation and I don't want anons being put off or anything (we encourage everyone to get as involved as possible). That said we only use the /radcorp/ name for the biweekly gamenights, even off-weekends that our regular hosts run don't use it. Some notes on that here: >>>/radcorp/2343

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as an official gamenight, is in fact, a scheduled gamenight or as I've recently taken to calling it, a planned gamenight. /radcorp/ is not an organised group, but rather a 'collective' of barely functioning autists made useful by uniting under a banner, planning things in advance and adopting a common format for threads.

Many anons are already part of /radcorp/, without realizing it just by helping with game suggestions and the like. Through a peculiar turn of events, the /radcorp/ gamenights widely enjoyed today are often called "official", and many of its users are not aware that they are merely planned in advance, run by some semi-organised anons.

There really are regular gamenights, and these anons are joining them, but they're just like any other game servers hosted on Holla Forums. /radcorp/ is the planning: the name that indicates a gamenight was planned rather than unplanned. The name is an essential part of the gamenight, but useless by itself; it can only be applied in the context of a planned gamenight. /radcorp/ is normally used in combination with a planned gamenight scheduled months in advance: the whole system is basically planned gamenight with /radcorp/'s name added, or /radcorp/gamenight. All the so-called "Official" gamenights are really just planned gamenights with the /radcorp/ name added!

In other, less autistic, words there's no such thing as an 'official' /radcorp/ gamenight (and thus no such thing as an 'unofficial' gamenight) because there's no such thing as official /radcorp/: it's a vague organsation such that I consider anyone who's ever even fucking played in a gamenight to be part of /radcorp/ to some degree. What there are are planned/scheduled gamenights and unplanned/unscheduled gamenights.
The planned ones are the ones that use the /radcorp/ name but any faggot can get involved with them and host (you don't even have to ask anyone, if you know what game is being played on a given week feel free to throw up a second gamenight server called 'infinity gamenight 2' or 'infinity gamenight Australia' or whatever, hell I welcome that). The unplanned ones are whatever any user out there feels like hosting. The only difference between the two are the level of advanced planning that goes into them: you'll even seen mods sticky unplanned gamenights a lot of the time because nobody deserves special treatment.
This shit isn't a fucking trademark or anything but you probably shouldn't use it for the unplanned/unscheduled gamenights or anons will get confused. That's all. Autism over.

You know you have just shat on every user who has actually bothered to put real effort into a gamenight, scheduled or non-scheduled by defending this mess that has understandably pissed people off just because of how badly formatted and low effort it has been?
I am all for gamenights but when it is just shit threads like this it gives them a bad reputation and will drive anons away. Frankly I am not going to be showing up to this one and I doubt seveeral others will either simply due to the quality of the thread, and doubt I will show up for anything /radcorp/ related in future as well.
OP should have taken the advice of what several anons have said already in this thread, start over and get something actual readable first cause this thread is just a complete mess.

I'm not saying the OP hasn't made mistakes or suchlike, and I agree it shouldn't be called a /radcorp/ night but not because it lacks some special group of anons running it but rather simply because it isn't one of the biweekly nights that are planned in advance.
I object to the term 'official' /radcorp/ gamenight because official makes it sound like we're some closed group of faggots declaring these events good and these other events bad just based on us being involved: no group of anons should claim to be able to do that on an imageboard: planned is the correct term, not official. I'm well aware of how much effort is involved because I spend large portions of my weekends doing this shit, I'm still not going to pretend that gives me the right to arbitrarily declare things on an imageboard official or unofficial. Anons decide what is and isn't worth showing up to, nobody gets to tell them. Modifying the pasta was meant to be a joke, perhaps it was more accurate than I anticipated. Terminology matters.
That's probably a good idea, I posted suggestions on how to improve it already.

This gamenight is brought to you by: The Hillary Clinton Administration.

Apologies for any confusion over what I've said. I don't want to shit up Holla Forums with this any more so please refer to this post for an in-depth explanation and any further questions: >>>/radcorp/2354

OP here. Requesting mods to either bump lock or delete the thread, also to those who want to post please don't bump. I apologize for my post, I just didn't take into consideration that some anons may not have the same experiences or viewpoints I had, and this led to a lot of confusion and frustration. I want to thank everyone for being so harsh, shaming and insults coupled with constructive criticism isthe best way to teach. Although I feel if you guys had been more forthcoming with the well thought out criticism this issue could have been alleviated earlier. Anyway all posts have been taken into account, and thank you again for the feedback.

My ID is different because I'm posting from work, I am the genuine OP.

Make sure to actually report the thread, mods see things most visibly if you do that. I'm willing to give you any help you need over in the other thread.