Oddworld: Abe's Oddysey is free at GOG,Steam and Humblebundle

gog.com/game/oddworld_abes_oddysee
store.steampowered.com/app/15700/
humblebundle.com/store/oddworld-abes-oddysee (Steam key I think, maybe also no DRM version?)
How is this game anyway? I'm sure I heard its name before but I don't remember anything about it

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/game/no_mans_sky
store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/
humblebundle.com/store/no-mans-sky
mediafire.com/file/lrqciam6ip6c6b2/ddhack_abe.zip
hooktube.com/watch?v=QkhDrngAQZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh hey its actually free

It's really good.

It's the second best cinematic platformer, the first is it's sequel Exodus.

gog.com/game/no_mans_sky
store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/
humblebundle.com/store/no-mans-sky
Try a real game, kids. You get what you pay for.

oh shit, thanks user. I haven't played this in ages.

gog is great.

I mean, I guess that's cool. All it really means is they've given up on making any more money from it directly after it's been on the market for twenty years, so they might as well leverage it to promote their brand. People used to just call that abandonware.

not terribly exciting, OP

It's not the first time it's gone free on Steam before, they're probably using it in anticipation of some Soulstorm news. I think the last time it was free was when they finally patched Munch's Oddysee on PC.

oy begorrah

Fuck you kike I already have all of these, give me something I want

Does it have local co-op?

Of course!

He's right though. Abe's Oddysee is just Trial and Error: The Game. Exodus is significantly less bullshit, and surprise surprise, is actually fun.

Also the PC version looks like trash.

It belongs to a specific kind of game, Another World, Flashback and Prince of Persia being a few more notable examples in the "genre". It's an acquired taste from another era, I guess.

Not for the young, you mean?

Era of willing shit eating because kids didn't know better. So it should stay in that era altogether.

Those trips don't lie, and I'm 29 and played it as a kid.

Not for scrubs, yes.

There was a time when games used to be bullshit hard because they were relatively short. Nowadays they're obscenely long but piss easy. Can't have everything I guess.

Try hollow knight.

It's on my massive backlog. I'll get to it sometime in the 2030s the rate I'm going.

Original or remake? If it's the original, then maybe it's worth it.

That describes Hollow Knight alright.

My memory might be foggy since I haven't played it in a few years but I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I don't remember any significant difference between Oddysee and Exoddus' obstacle design, enough to make a statement this stupidly contentious anyway.

Then don't fucking complain.

It's not my fault I'm not a NEET anymore.

Replayed them both back to back recently, and I'd recommend you do the same before running your cunt mouth.

I've beaten it like five times in the past, I could replay it tonight and I still doubt I'd come back here and whine about trial and error like a little bitch. If I go play it now can I come back in a few hours and tell you you're a little bitch?

Or you could both get a room and be faggots together. How about that alternative?

You've been conditioned to eat shit and are proud of it. Congratumulations.

Spoken like a true shit-eater. Here's some modern-era shit for you to enjoy instead.

I'm not really a fan of the idea.

*farts*

hehe

Was abe's oddysey the one on ps1?

a blind person played through the game iirc

very fun game, i have now got it on my steam, one very cool game, thanks,

I wish it was the sequel however, the exodus one, i would be flippin happy if it was to be honest….

"full-screen" fix
mediafire.com/file/lrqciam6ip6c6b2/ddhack_abe.zip

*farts*

hehe

Who let reddit in?

Oddworld is great and if you dont like it you're a pleb faggot that was born within the last 16 years.

Neat. How does New & Tasty compare to the original?

It's not good

It's good

It's ok

Alternative link if you don't want to give views.
hooktube.com/watch?v=QkhDrngAQZ0

shit taste fam, the remake is literally just the original with a few tweaks to the controls and the graphics take it or leave em.. Its slightly more forgiving Which is a good and a bad thing and implements all the improvements from Abe's Exoddus. The Aesthetics changes are minor and Shittosis's bitching boils down to it not being exactly like he remembered it. The nigger is such a huge communist that he thought the remake was going easy on the Glukkon's (Capitalist). The drop-out English major made one good video regarding Dark Souls 2 and who banks on being the asshole who beats the same dead house. Step one, be a contrarian, step two crack open thesaurus. Step three write 15 minutes worth of flowery poetics about how you hate x. Step four record yourself reading text. Step Five ???, Profit
all interchangeable cogs, all soulless hacks who use the same boring predictable formula.

Munch's Oddysee was the best one, prove me wrong.

Didn't play the new one but here's my 2 cents:

Good:
Pretty graphics
Ability to save anywhere
More Mudokons

Bad:
Since it's 3-D, precise platforming is harder
Not as dark and grim as the original
Weird ads in-game that break the suspension of disbelief

fuck off DSBait

Is the PC version the one worth getting? It better not have some bullshit control scheme you can't rebind. Controller would be comfier as well, so I could always emulate it.

Can you not ??

I don't remember the original having in-game advertisements for other games.