Breakthrough game getting ported to a new console

what are some great examples of good games being fucked up intentionally?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=784MUbDoLjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone just watched the DF Retro DooM episode.

you should all watch it

Why did Carmack think that 35 fps is acceptable?

Are you fucking retarded? iD didn't even make the Saturn version, it was some chick who had to make the port in like 2 months.

Carmack vetoed nearly hardware trick that made it run smoothly on Saturn you dumbfuck.

That was the 3DO version you stupid nigger.

It was deisigned for 70hz displays, so 35hz is half. Sorta like how lots of games target 30 despite displays refreshing 60hz. Just means a duplicate frame which will make motion appear a little slower.

There used to be some competent women in the western industry

There sure were, bud.
Rebecca Heineman is no Carol Shaw, though.
I won't call you a dimwit only because the entire industry and press really went out of their way to memory hole the fact that Burger Becky was born with a penis and xy chromosomes.

My miss take have some stockings

Mah nigga.
Anyways, to be fair at least I have a lot more respect for William Heineman than the likes of John Flynt and such, because he turned tranny more than a decade before it was fashionable to do so and has always been discreet about it. AFAIK he had already had his dick chopped off when he coded 3DO Doom.
Still, it's interesting to see that once again, a technical feat credited to a woman was actually the work of a man.

just goes to show you, the best women are actually just men

youtube.com/watch?v=784MUbDoLjQ post options don't seem to be working in this thread so, watch this for more doom

Ocarina of Time ran at like 15 fps. Standards change.

That's because women fail so spetacularly at being even the most mediocre of human beings some dude with an extra chromosome increasing his pitch is enough to surpass a woman at being a woman.
3D is PD and has always been, reminder there was a roman guy who was so disgusted by women even back then he just sculpted a waifu for himself.

the ps1 and n64 versions look amazing, though.

Pygmalion was a Greek sculptor. The person who wrote the story was Ovid, a Roman.

It was a good episode.

Agreed. I still gotta finish that Doom 64 source port though.

it's the best doom since the ultimate doom, also the last doom game ever made.

He didn't intentionally "sabotage it," he just didn't like the warping. He spent months or even years during the making of Doom to make sure that textures didn't warp. The idea that a port would have such a nasty graphics bug was unthinkable to a man who has spent his entire life trying to get the most out of the hardware to obtain the best graphics possible.

I know that Brutal Doom is unpopular, but Brutal Doom 64 was actually pretty fun. Just don't play it with others, otherwise you'll miss more than half the fucking game.

doom isn't 3D, it couldn't have affine texture warping. learn what you're talking about.

carmacks calling card was never the "best possible" but the fastest possible. He rarely compromised on speed.

Does John Carmack have FAS?

I thought this was Aaron Webber for a bit

He looks like a retarded Aaron webber

Christ, a man gets disgusted by the whores of his time and retreats to create a waifu. Truly nothing is new under the sun.

Christ. A man get so disgusted by the whores of his age he creates his own waifu. There really isn't anything new under the sun.

Speaking of which, would Mania's PC port getting Denuvo count?

Too bad that's exactly what happened with Doom on Saturn.

nah, that didn't affect the actual game.

That was a play you idiot.