What kind of games (if any) does Holla Forums collect?

What kind of games (if any) does Holla Forums collect?

If you really cared about preservation you'd dump the discs, photograph and scan the accessories, and then you'd be done.

I've been thinking of doing that & burning it all to blank blu-ray discs. How long does a Bluray last anyway?

I have most retro consoles but barely any games since they are ridiculously expensive.

IS every system expensive to collect for? I've been trying to get all the U.S. release Neo Geo Pocket games & it's been a nightmare. A boxed english copy of Gals Fighters hasn't even shown up online in a year.

Never put a disc in a paper case (scratches) and never in a cd jewel case (radial fracture stress).

The best CDs cost $10 and their writeable layer usually has a gold alloy to it. A company like Rytek (Japanese) is a good brand I've heard. Get a good CD burner too (one that costs $800+) as it will have a ball pivot, allowing the laser to write and read between the data itself (this is why physical copy protection works - consumer grade burners don't pivot and can't hit that hidden region)

what the actual fuck

PC Engine games are fucking expensive and that's is my favorite console, life is suffering.

Forgot to say, a good copy can last 30-50 years under ideal storage conditions and on a good medium. A regular cheap CD can last 2-6 years, Bluray is about 5-15 years. Tape based storage VERY slow read and write but its basically "invincible" and lossless, which is why bank databases are occasionally cloned onto them in addition to electronic backup

Hard drives WILL fail eventually, even SSD. A good power supply on your PC will make your parts last longer. Every time you boot up, there is a surge of power and this damages the components and makes them fail. This is why shit fails every 5 years or so. If you keep your PC running lasts longer. A good PSU will moderate the amperage and voltage so it ramps up instead of spiking (and protects from power outages) and basically keep your mobo and components lasting over two or three times longer.

I have a great 1200w psu thats about a decade old and my mobo is about 6, and it keeps on trucking

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! WHERE DREAMS GO TO DIE?!?!

There's only like 40 english releases for the pocket color, so I thought it would be easy to get a complete set for. I was very, very wrong. There's a few UK only releases that only have 100-1000 copies in circulation, so I'm sticking to the games with ESRB ratings.

WTF are you talking about? This is fucking pure unholy goddamn evil!

I've seen worse. The entirety of Florida & texas are filled with dead games.

Here's your fucking (1), you got me, now fucking kill yourself. Goddamn it.

thats what the tsunami did to japan?

some collector got btfo after his house got flooded.

feels good

I collect PS4 games.

Sorta easy when there's only one.

I'm not much of a collector but I tend to go for PS2 games if they're quite cheap and if I haven't already played them.

Last two I bought were Shinobido: Way of the Ninja and Makai Kingdom. Haven't gotten round to playing them yet though.