ITT: Sequels nobody talks about

ITT: Sequels nobody talks about

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SGrN_RD86C4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there's a reason nobody talks about postal 3

What game are you talking about? And why did you post a blank pic?

Your file seems to be broken, I can't see anything

Damn I was about to post that.

At least one title in every video game franchise ever. :^)

I have been planning to play that

Earthworm Jim 3D is probably the single most forgotten sequel of all time. Everyone knows it's shit, yet you don't see tons of youtube videos reminding you of this complete with screaming and bad skits. There's like a single decade old LP and that's it.

I didn't know there was a Earthworm Jim 3D.

The soundtrack was awesome though

Postal 3 is just a canon nightmare. It didn't actually happen in canon beyond a dream

That game was super hyped back in the day. It took ages too release almost duke forever tier. Then it came out and nobody gave a shit and the psx port was cancelled.

How did I miss this?

Anyone here played both Guardian Heroes games? People say the originals are better but Advance was fun and Super Heroes wasn't that bad compared to the 1st Gunstar, imo.

Also, pretty much any third release on any video game series.

I doubt anyone even remembers the first one though

That's why the silence is so odd. Even Prince of Persia 3d is more remembered.

WE ARE NOT DOING THIS FUCKING MEME AGAIN.
YOU CAN'T HIDE THE TRUTH FOREVER.

Honorable mention to all Asscreed games after Asscreed 4.

I once bought what I thought was a trilogy of Lotus racing games, but all I ended up with was a shitty spreadsheet program.

I still can't get over how they could do this. C&C3 wasn't bad and Kane's Wrath was pretty good. But to go from that to THAT. HOW!?

To be fair there are a few before it not worth talking about too

Yeah it's pretty good, too bad it never got localized.

Probably because it's fucking shit, user.

Unity could easily be the best game in the franchise with some minor adjustments.

Supposedly C&C4 was originally being built as F2P spinoff that was wan't part of the main series but the lukewarm reception & sales of RA3 made EA go full jew & ordered it renamed & release it as a full priced retail game. hoping to squeeze a few sheckles off the success of C&C3.

The series personally ended at American Wasteland.

Talks about what? There's no Postal 3. You must be talking about that more recent expansion of Postal 2.

It gets more infuriating

For damn good reason.

I'll take Unity with bug fixes over those any day of the year.

A damn shame too, the models were good but the gameplay and story was so mediocre

I actually liked this game
I had a pretty baller deck
Shame I didn't have high speed internet so I could play online

This also had good models but mediocre everything else. There was this one model that doesn't get nearly enough fan animations.

Y'know, it's such a shame that Crysis never got a sequel. Crysis was so innovative.

I'm making a special mention for Rogue. Playing as a Templar, killing Assassins, more sailing, good environment, hanging out more with the better characters from the franchise, and everyone forgot about it. It also flat halved the grind for ship upgrades, it's a much speedier game. With how much people loved 4 and kept clamoring another one, it surprised me how few people played Rogue.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't get some form of enjoyment out of this, despite the massive changes to just about everything.

One could even draw conclusions on the topic of vocal minorities.

This shit never gets mentioned.
Aeria Games owns license for NA, SA and WEU, so the game is stillborn.

Despite the memes, is 3 worth it? I enjoyed 2 for what it was, despite being a complete step down, but 3 has a shiny looking bow, and I love a good bow.

fuck I remember playing the closed alpha for fear online, what a fucking shitshow. pay to rent guns.

but this was not a sequel, it's not even cannon

Sure, it's inferior to 3, but I think it gets a lot of undeserved flak.
It's not a bad game, just not exceptionally good.

Anyone that watched Game Center CX should know about the original. youtube.com/watch?v=SGrN_RD86C4
for some reason I can't expand the options so I can't embed the link

I've recently replayed Dark Messiah and wanted to give heroes 5 a go since same universe and all that. It's not bad at all. The voice acting and some missions may be atrocious but as a whole it's pretty fun even today. The actual sequels that I've actually never seen discussed here or anywhere is the garbage that got released afterwards. Whenever I bring them up they evoke either indifference or hatred that makes the response to Heroes 4 pale in comparison.

Dammit, I was gonna post Last Window. I loved Hotel Dusk.

I played fear online beta or some shit and it was just a shitty counter strike clone with a F.E.A.R skin. They even had a tutorial level that tries to be like a F.E.A.R. game but its so much worse, as if a 12 year old made a F.E.A.R. fan game in unity.

I hope kim jong un nukes south korea and then himself. the gooks were a mistake.

It's getting talked about more than 6, 7 or even 4 for a good reason. Solid game with a great skill system that's mostly just held back by its generic Warcraft ripoff artstyle/setting, weak AI and a lack of detailed worldbuilding compared to H3, and the AI is mostly fixed these days. Also makes some mistakes in its gameplay but it's not like H3 didn't have its own issues there.

This trigger the /k/.

I played 6, so I know it's trash from experience, but I thought the devs said they were going to fix their mistakes.
H4 left me with a very weak impression and a feeling that it's not really a Heroes game, so it doesn't surprise me that people hardly ever talk about it.

Was Metal Gear Acid any good?

i beat that michael jordan game on a rental from blockbuster as a kid
good times

Tail of the Sun is awesome but because HCG101 said it was bad now every hipster faggot out there shits on it.

I doubt anyone at Hipster Cuckold Gaming 101 even plays the games they write about anymore. Their reviews rarely contain more information than what could be gleaned from a Wikipedia article or YouTube video.

I just realized OP said sequels, not games in general. Disregard my previous posts.

I played Tails of the Sun but I couldn't understand what I was supposed to do. I just ran around and tried to fight things I saw. I think I just kept getting killed though. I wasn't a very smart child, a trend that continues to this day.

I only got it as a rental so maybe the manual explained what to do in it. I don't even know what the game was supposed to be about.

And when someone actually does it's to shit on it or defend Lucia

THIS IS THE VIDEOGAME POLICE
DELETE THIS THREAD OR YOU'RE UNDER ARREST

GTA2

ayyy

Project 8 is pretty fun, as are Sk8teland DS version of Proving Ground.

A lot of handheld sequels get forgotten

I had Banjo Advance as well as Crash and Spyro, the camera was fucking shit and the games forgettable.

why

Everything was ported to the GBA user.

Uh man I literally just finished this a week ago. I honestly don't get the hate for it, I just don't. The weapons are better, the gunplay is better, the enemies have more variety, the graphics still hold up. People hate the humor, but get past that and it's a great game. Seriously there's alot of things it does better than the original and BFE.

I'd say project 8 was better than American Wasteland, AW just felt way too short & light on content. The BMX bikes were a nice addition and it would have been nicer if that became a regular thing in tony hawk games but that doesn't matter anymore.

Fuck I miss skating games.

MUH 3RD STRIKE

Have a better why.

Man so do i. And the thing is i wasn't an outgoing kid, didn't like sports or anything of the sort. Logic would dictate i wouldn't like skating games, i had no interest in it. A friend of mine lent me Thps4 and i was hooked, the gameplay was just too good
And if that isn't what makes a good game i don't know what is

I got THPS1 on a whim as a kid and was hooked to it since then. Due to some health problems, I could never really go out on a board and do the same things you can do in skating games, so I always enjoyed them for that. I prefer the Skate games now but I still have love for the old THPS games.

Also fuck you EA, the one series that I'm willing to give you money for is Skate and you refuse to make a new one. I even bought Skate 3 twice even though it's not as good as Skate 2.