Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
youtu.be/wL5NiOc64ag?t=13m42s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Hunts when?

Good question. Which game are you hunting in?

MHXX. I'll be available in a bit at least to play.

I've since put down the game because I don't know what to do or how I should feel.

Post a room when you're free I suppose then, I'll join if I'm still conscious.

If you want to git gud with a weapon, keep using it until you git better. That's what I did with every weapon I use because I'm fucking terrible

holy shit, casuals can ruin even this. as a filthy gaijin, I'll admit, the potion flex made me wonder why, but I just learned when to take the opportunities to use an item.
why? is mounting a lot harder this time around? learn to rodeo.
this isn't a problem, and if it is, it's not corrected unless you can see how far the monster is away from 0HP. anyway, haven't people learned to follow the tide of battle? the assault-retreat-assault-retreat patterns aren't that hard to keep up with once you learn them.

I only got 4U

I knew how I felt after playing the demo for generations a bit. I'll stick with 4U until worlds comes out on PC

Room is up; 09-7195-5304-2856 passcode is 1111

You alive? here's that room.>>13415357

I'm alive, just got hit with gastrointestinal distress. Be there in a bit.

Did you close it down, or typo? Not showing up.

newfag here. I Don't have a 3DS, but I have a vita, so I thought maybe it's good idea to buy freedom unite from the store, since you can play psp games with 2analog sticks. Do you know if you play online on it, and yes, if there are people actually playing the thing?

None of the PSP titles had online features, so unless the Vita ported added them somehow, which I doubt, there's no online.

Until I see the monsters being on god damn steroids compared to previous games, I see no reason for all these casual inclusions to combat or world interaction.

If you have a PS3 you might still be able to use ad hoc party? I honestly don't know, I haven't touched it in years and dunno if the service is still up and if anyone still plays there nor what room you might find people BUT IF IT IS STILL ACTIVE I'm sure there's people playing it there.

I went to go grab the mail. If you're still around I can toss another one up.

new one is 67-9292-4481-4296 passcode is 1111

I'm going to wait about 2 months before I get worlds, just so I don't fall for the hype.
And you're right. the finished product had better have monsters that warrant you using all those freebies, lest you triple cart in record time.

I can probably hunt for another half hour or so, early morning tomorrow/today.

World shaping up to be the best Monster Hunter series

They'll probably tune it down for a possible G rank.
I can see most of the stronger bosses in arenas and maps with little freebies.
Aka hopefully capcom tought of the competitive players

My weapon type is better then your weapon type.

ALWAYS pirate before you buy, journos are both corrupt and talentless frauds and the majority of gamers are retarded with shit tastes, the only only way to gage if you want a game is to pirated it before hand, and for the love of fuck don't preorder.

It's really hard to stick to Longsword when it feels like I'm not improving at all, but at the same time it feels hard to stick to CB when I find the arts boring and some of the changes annoying.

I'll probably suck it up and keep powering through with longsword, though. My pride won't allow me to crawl back to CB so easily.

I felt the same with SnS, then i tried switching things up and i got good at it.
I could spoonfeed you but you know better, right user?

I want to hope too, but every time a dev team wants to "cater to newcomers and veterans alike" or "streamline gameplay", or anything along those lines, it's always been watered down drivel for the mindless masses.

don't have to tell me. It took a while, but I finally realized I was being a good goy when I preorded the special edition of Dark Souls 2.
I'll wait until Holla Forumsirings start making threads on it. between all the memeing, shitflinging, falseflagging, and retards pretending to be retarded, I'm sure I can glean what I need to know before I put money down for it. The way I see it, the worst case scenario is that Worlds is shit, but not enough of a flop that they go back to the serialized mainline games.
I don't like pirating. every time I got a full-game demo that I liked, I just kept playing it without ever paying for the real deal, at least until another game comes along to make me forget all about it. and now that I'm no longer playing those games, why pay for something I'm not enjoying? Blah blah vote with your wallet something or the other.

yfw it'll still be decent at worst and all of you will buy it because it's more monhan

regardless of the quality of the game, there will be more than enough people saying whatever opinions you want to hear for muh confirmation bias.

only real way to know if you like a game is to play it.

I return!
anyone wanna come hunting with me?
I need Nibelsnarf claw+, HR Ceanataur parts, Kut-ku parts, and finally I'd like to go up a couple ranks. So this could be quite a few hunts. Anyone up for it?
room is 64-6006-4517-7340 passcode is 1111

Oh yeah, once on PC I'll torrent it for sure!
Also that image is ugly as sin.

I'll wait to see if it has denuvo before I even think of buying it, it fucking better not.

I'm too ignorant to know so you have to tell me; do these two memes go hand-in-hand?

capcom throws denuvo on basically everything, it will have denuvo

denuvo is probably a given at this point. their recent big titles have had it.
denuvo isn't any worse than other forms of drm, but you tards eat up every bit of misinformation that aligns with what you already think. this is where we get the ssd killer bs from

So no hunts then, eh?

only have 4U

Welp.

I'll play with you user.
Make a room

k. just let me deal with the other cartridge I have running on my DS.

I'll be fine. Thanks user. I'll do it. I'll master Adept LS.

09-2386-2972-2269 pass:1488

I want to hunt a Lum!

Is that MH4U?

yeah. we haven't started yet, if you want to hop in

Is it just me or is Worlds shaping up to be the objectively best MonHun game to date?

Just you.

I got MH4U but I ain't started a new profile with it.

It's made by the A team and it incorporates some of the good aspects of Generations while throwing away the shit, like implementing individual style moves into weapons combos.

It's literally just 4U with better graphics, proper native camera control, removing mundane and time-wasting shit like flexing and paintballs, and on better platforms instead of Nintendo shit.

We all pretty much agree 4U was the best MonHun to date. If you can't see Worlds as being the successor, you're literally retarded and need to seek help.

Anyone else think MH:W is shaping up to be the best Monster Hunter game to date?

No.

Have you ever played a Monster Hunter, let alone a fucking VIDEO GAME for that matter in your whole life?

Dude, I played FU about 6 or 7 years ago on PPSSPP. You're legit fucking braindead if you think that clunky mess is better than 4U.

Rope yourself my man.

Cute.

ebin :)

Why do corporate cocksuckers exist?
I just wanna go hunting with people.

It feels good knowing MonHun is finally deciding that being held back by shitty Nintendo hardware is against their best interests.

They're either brain dead sheep or shills, 37a89b is defiantly a shill.

while Nintendo hardware is cheap shit no console is any good. A game is not held back by a restraint of technology, your lack of knowledge of the other hand of not knowing this is astounding. It is not nintendo's fault, I am not defending them however.
back in the day you had limits and to this day we still do. Only so much can be done on a salaryman's paycheck.

shills are out in full force already

Congrats, you literally just killed any need for a video game board.
RIP in piece Holla Forums.

Guys worlds is really shaping up… I'm so hyped.

Go fuck yourself. How much does your master pay for your wasted hours on a fucking image board?
Go get a real job faggot.

REAL JOB

But why are you getting so upset over someone liking a video game?
Seems really petty…

quit taking the fucking bait

dude… wow… uhm… I just cannot believe…why can't we just uhm… get along…wow…

I'm having fun

Same guy with question here. I have a PS3 maybe I will try that. I played the game a bit on an emulator and seemed interesting so I'm buying it. Although it seems like a lot of the fun comes from co-op.

Go watch the gameplay video where the Barroth just stopped working, Near the end the player's fighting Diablos and pops a potion when it's underground. By simply moving while using a potion he completely avoided it's attack. How in the fuck is flexing mundane when it helped keep the tension of the combat by making healing a tactical choice requiring proper timing and placement?

You can play the game entirely offline including the guild hunts, personally I prefer it offline.

fucking console pleb

That's because the fish monster was supposed to interact with him. It's a small bug that's already been worked out because there was another video where it actually shows the interaction working perfectly fine. Shit point from you.

And the flexing is replaced with hindered movement and healing over time, so if you get hit while healing or you need to dodge, it's essentially a wasted potion. MonHun 1 had healing over time and flexing. So the new healing mechanic is a tradeoff for a middle ground. When you had to stop and heal and then flex afterwards, you took too much time and opened you up to stupid attacks, but on the flip side your potion wasn't wasted if you were hit in the middle of the animation, you just started over. The healing over time and hindered movement makes more sense logically anyway. What retard flexes like a dudebro after he drinks something? I can't think of any other games that does something like this.

So healing over time, slowed movement speed, and wasting a potion if you get hit or dodge seems like you need more strategy to implement perfectly anyway.

I look forward to what Worlds might end up as. Doesn't mean I'm optimistic.
we're already doing that, shill.

Is this what they told you to say in orientation?
and shot posts without substance like make me convinced you're all shills.

The funny thing about monster hunter fans is that they're so stupid it's hard to believe they're not just posting high quality bait.

Why are you crying though?

You could say worlds is really shaping up to be a next gen monster hunter! Maybe even the best so far?

You completely ignored my point that the guy dodged the Diablos effortlessly while healing when in every other MH game he'd have taken a sharp couple of horns up his ass for trying to heal while it's underground. The reason I even brought the Barroth video was because the guy dodges the Diablos in it while healing, not to talk about the AI glitching out. In fact, here's the moment in question. youtu.be/wL5NiOc64ag?t=13m42s
Try actually reading my post next time.

Boring ass thread, not enough salt, shit flinging and straw grasping.
4/10

Saw the video. He was nowhere near the Diablo's line of sight when he first started drinking the potion. I'd maybe agree with you if he was standing directly on top of the exit point in the ground and started drinking and just walked away unscathed, but that's not what happens in the video.

Try not wording your post like a retarded child whining over irrelevant things.

Nope, look at these images, the first one shows the point where he started using the potion, indicated by footprint pattern slowing down due to the speed of the player lowering from starting to drink the potion, which requires you to re-accelerate. Now look at the second picture. See the Diablos coming out where the footprints were? You can check the video out for yourself, if he couldn't move while healing, he would have been above the Diablos when it submerged.

That change is so fucking stupid and unwanted I don't understand how anyone besides a casual can defend it, same with the removal of paintballs, psychoserum and Farcasters, I wonder if they also removed hot and cold drinks to further casualise it.

Only have 3U

So is there enough interest right now to play, or does everyone only have MHPS2?

I'll grasp your straw anytime, user.

They're just following the trend set by DS3

I don't think they kept the formula for so long by choice

We don't play any of the gimped monster hunters, everyone here is waiting for the best monster hunter to date shaping up.

anyone up for playing MHXX with me?

I just quit that mess and started up MHP3RD after getting into G2, that game just doesn't get any better, and I'm glad I did.
Please tell me the later entries didn't remove emergencies, the only game I have after 3rd is 3U but the underwater combat is shit and I refuse to play it any further.
I felt like I had ascend to a whole different level after that.

You do know that (up until world gets released) that p3rd is known as the babbiest game in the series?
Not only are the monsters absolutely neutered in terms of HP and atk modifiers, but more importantly they're the slowest (even for already long-standing animations) moving monsters in the series. Not to mention stuff like tigrex getting a huge hole in its spin hitbox

Or Tigrex going from train at low HPs due to perma rage mode to how pathetic Tigrex is thanks to the fatigue system. I was so hyped to fight it in P3rd only to be disappointed, like someone fighting a sick dog and having to put it out of it's misery.

tilly get the fuck out of the quest already

I meant I got to G2 in Freedom Unite, I'm already in the last possible rank in 3rd.

To be fair, the only monster hunter after 3rd I played was 3U on my 3DS, and again I didn't get really far into it because I hate the underwater sections, but I noticed even with 3U that monsters were dealing next to pathetic amounts of damage to me so I thought that the series just got more forgiving during the earlier ranks, I don't think I've died once, I got to the Ceadeus urgent mission but never did it.
They felt even lower than in 3rd but maybe that's because I'm playing on my tiny box of a 3ds. Or maybe it's the fact that I never got to G-rank in it, but you can't compare a game that doesn't have it to one that does in terms of difficulty, unless you compare them by their respective Low Ranks and High Ranks.

I'm hyped for world, I can't believe the best monster hunter in the entire series is shaping up before my very eyes.

I don't know if it's the same thing, but later games have unstable environments, where another large monster may or may not show up to interfere. Sometimes it's Jho.

What's with this newspeak? Am I in the Berenstain world?

Later games have quests that have unstable environments/a "danger" tag, which means there's a chance that another monster will come in, without warning. They'll usually just appear.

Not in P3, they come after the monster you where hunting is dead or captured and fighting them is optional but you get better rewards, they changed it in later games so they show up during the hunt.

Hah, no.

Because it's actively leading to the destruction of games we like. If they wanted to make this shit-tier Western garbage, they should've just made a new franchise for it and not killed Monster Hunter.

Nah, most of the fun comes from single player, multiplayer makes it too easy.

Keep in mind, if you were playing the non-Japanese version of the games, it was likely dumbed down for foreigners as well - we know for sure that 3G's foreign version had 50 unremovable points of defense added, and there are many who believe that subtle edits to monster stats happened in the foreign releases for 4G and X.

Underwater is really not that bad, most people just exaggerate because they're shitters. It's still not good but it's better than slopes and jumping off ledges since monster ai is actually programmed to work properly underwater. Further, if you were playing the localized 3U you had 50 bonus innate defense, not such a big difference for blademasters in G-rank, but causes the high rank, and especially the low rank portions of the game to be trivially easy. Without this boost you can compare p3rds high rank to any other high rank and it is dramatically easier. To be honest even with the boost p3rd is easier simply due to monsters being slower and less likely to hit you regardless of how much damage they do.

The closest thing since then is the one quest in XX HR village where valfalk pops in but he only stays for like 2 minutes before a scripted full retreat.

My only disappointment is that they're not adding any new subspecies for him ;-(
Oh well, let's just hope that every single quest requires you to kill a rathalos in addition to the main monster ^<^

I'd still say it's a big difference, considering at the end of G Rank you're scrambling for rare Armor Spheres that give you a 2 point boost.

Maxing out armor is for completionistic purposes only. The 50 boost only makes a real difference if you're a gunner

Even capcom knows underwater combat was shit it's why they replaced it with aerial combat.

Armour isn't really that important the only thing you should be focusing on are the skills attached to them.

My point is you're still talking about a boost that you can't get rid of that gives what would amount to an insane amount of work at the end game. There is no defending playing the foreign versions of the game.

I didn't knew about that, now that I think about it 3U was heavily changed, you couldn't even kill kelbis anymore in it, that's animal cruelty :^)

I do agree that the underwater sections work, the problem is that they feel so fucking tacked on, the ground combat works fantastic so I really don't want to be forced into something that's "okay".
The fact that they turned almost every urgent quest an underwater hunt is what drove me over the edge to never touch it again, I would be fine with it being a thing that you only did once in a while and not necessary for progression, but it's almost the opposite, almost every time I wanted to progress my rank I was forced into an underwater hunt.

CAPCOM DEV HERE, WHAT MONSTER DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A COMEBACK IN MONSTER HUNTER WORLDS®?

Calm down friendo I'm just teasing you.
Average g-rank defense is 4~500 points. If a 10% boost to defense is what you would consider an 'insane amount' (and if you think scounging up a handful of spheres is insane work) you might just be a shitter.
I'm still teasing you by the way, but consider that fact that monster hunter is a casual game even at it's hardest points. So as long as combat flow is maintained through movement and timing, and monsters pose enough of a threat to discourage tanking blows there is no issue. I.e. the difference bewteen getting 2.8shot and getting 2shot is negligible, aside from maybe saving you some potions, (whereas an 40% increase to damage in a non-action game would be huge and game changing) so as long as you're not talking about the difference between getting 2shot and 10shot the threat is reasonably sufficient to facilitate the core gameplay functioning
The biggest issue with X entries and World isn't the damage scaling (although if you watch the damage they take in world it looks like they actually did go with making even monsters stronger than your equipment 10shot you), it's the changes to movement that completely undermine the core gameplay. Ergo playing 3U is ok, and preferable if you understand no japanese, but if you can play 3G and understand it reasonably well it's the definitive version.

This.
Armor changes gameplay minimally, and it's only there as a form of natural progression from low rank armors to high and g.

ALL OF THEM, YOU LAZY FUCKS
The subtitle is Worlds; you can't pass up this opportunity.
Are you Blue or the other guy whose name started with G?

Yeah I'm Garuda.

All of them, except brachy fuck that cunt im still salty.

webm related. git gud at brachy

Obligatory

Brach weapons are fantastic blast is my favourite status effect

Brach weapons are alright, but for some reason someone at Capcom tought it was a good idea to take the high-raw tigrex weapons, add crit to it and give it blast element.

Hmm, maybe I should have said Brach weapons are fantastic for their tier? Or early on?

What's the earliest you can get blast weapons usually?

Context: it's an insane amount to add on top of the defense you already have, and endgame Armor Spheres generally aren't the kind of things you can go out and mine, instead usually being the sort of thing you might get 1 or 2 of as a reward for endgame monster quests I won't deny being shit though

How so?

Then you have a point.
Imo tigrex weapons look like shit. The hammer is the only decent looking one. That said it's really hard going back to other hammers after trying the molten tigrex one.

village high rank, I believe. Like, around the middle of the high rank quests.

Anyone feeling like 4U in a little bit, especially those I can drag into HR smagala to roll phosgems like a shameless piece of hunter garbage? I can, if absolutely nothing else, host, and not cart three times in the first minute, but anything beyond "I'll try my best" can't be guaranteed.

I haven't even touched ukanlos yet and I bought the game at launch, the 3ds is so painful

The only reason I'm hyped for worlds is because as much as I love Monster Hunter, I eventually start doubting I want to give up my hands and eyes for it.

I'm down to hunt user, post the room whenever you are good to go.
I hate playing on the 3ds, I have been waiting for monster hunter to come to pc for so long.

Prowler mode is pretty fun. I'm having a blast flying all over the place with the Beast Prowler.

Setting my shit up finally, sorry that took so long. Would you like me to set a pass? I don't mind randos, being trash-tier myself, but if you'd prefer it.

I'm good with anything, doesn't seem like any other anons want to play so its up to you if you want a pass or not.
I'm pretty trash as well so don't worry about it.

3239-3623-4810 no pass it is

If this is for 4U it's missing two numbers

wow I'm fucking stupid that's a friend code

gathering hall ID: 22-5229-6357-5535

I have G rank equips. Want me to buy some shit from the armory to get on your level?

That's a fucking amazing burn but no just get in here

plz

I got dc'd will join back in a few.

rip good hunting nigs.

Someone new joined. Should I kick them, or the party pooper telling us to kill him at the end of every quest?

let's see who the bigger shitter is.

alice left. join quick

Aaaand the shittier left. Hop in.

Wait what's poor etiquette

Am I doing something shitty aaaaAAAAA

The caleb guy just joins the room and demands we help him.

After this rath kick the fucker, didn't know he was a rando.
guess we should have put a password on eh

PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU
ANYTHING BUT PLESIOTH

That's a fun looking image. got the full one? or sauce?

oh god I was having a heart attack, I thought it was me

aight

perhaps, but if randos want to achieve a goal, they should just start their own room and wait the 5-8 mins for some people to show up.

When someone joins in and demands you help them even though its your room its safe to just kick first and ask questions later.

Hmm, I never tried Brave style. How is it?

It took years for me to acquire the sauce for this image You better appreciate it

right on. is that the only one of its kind?

tea, rotten, what do you guys bring in for healing? I notice rotten leave a decent chunk of HP unhealed a lot.

I used to complain about this a lot when I first started playing. But I got so used to pressing L to center the camera I'm not sure I'd even use a second analog stick since it'd keep my thumb free to use the face buttons.
The graphics are fine, I don't understand what the deal is.
Anisotropic filtering would be nice though.
Zero load times at 60fps would be awesome.

Just potions, I don't have any honey at the moment. I'm running low quite often.

fug if i know
Promise to buy MHW for ps4 and play with me and i will post more lewds for you

buy it on pc and I'll play with you user-kun

I bring megapots, potions, honey to make more, and lifepowders.

Oh shit lemme give you some

promise to to join the ranks of the master race, and I'll play with you if Worlds doesn't turn out to be all flash with no substance.

The way that was always posted I thought it was an image like exodia.

yeah dude, set all your carts to multiply honey for 10 rounds, only one gratuity item required.
then be sure to always have 1 or 2 carts running honey.

then you want to have some god bugs and dragon toadstools run every now and then so you always have some max potions, just in case you cart. Eventually you'll realize you want to be at 150 HP as often as possible, even it it means over healing at times.
And be sure to carry the first two combo books, so you never get garbage when making more megapots. It's super frustrating when you get 4 garbages from your 10 pot + honey.

Knowing what exactly I need for maxpots is really helpful! I've been considering getting further into the items for a long time - things like demondrugs and stuff I can produce en masse and hand out like candy to teams to make up for being total steaming garbage

I remember seeing a big ol' chart describing what item buffs stack and what don't. I wish I could find it again, so I could lay out what all I need to farm to get this started.

Should I only be carrying two? Am I dumb for carrying all five for most of the game?

tea, lad, you stuck in limbo?

carry as many as you need for the items you plan to craft on a hunt. when I plan to carry bombs, I take them all so I don't botch barrel L+.

embed related

Let it be known that Tilly is the champ of arm wrestling.

how 2 get gud at arm wrestling?

So, you won't play with him?

:^)

What the fuck does that mean? I know he is a cuck and should not be given clicks but what is "cuckshed"?

Wait, why's he a cuck? His information's been a lifesaver for me..

Don't worry too much. As the old saying goes, even a broken cuck is right twice a day.

During the Fire Emblem Fates shit he went on some tirade about how censorship is great and necessary to make games enjoyable for everyone.

Im getting it on ps4 due to the pc version coming out at a later date. If i have enough money to afford the pc version then i guess i can join you goys.

I might be wrong, but it sounds like you're going to buy before (((the dust has settled))).
Don't do this.

Don't mean to shit on your parade but Capcom's last PC release had Denuvo in it so people are thinking there is a good chance that World will have it as well. Real shame I would rather play it on PC as well.

fug, I'm done for tonight. Later lads.

Night, bud.

Welp

he lives in a closet under the stairs while his wife sleeps with her boyfriend and gets the rest of the house, but he's still her husband damnit

any hunts?

I want to fuck the shit out of that girl But then that's most females too

What do you expect from foreigners? That's like the basis of the entire Western video game industry after all.

NEW VIDEO

What is even the point then?

Because not everyone speaks moon.

I for one would love for all the SJW crap to get censored. Censorship is great when it's used to suppress shit like that.

And? You're going to need to learn sooner or later if video games are at all your thing.

Nah, then they cry about suppression and martyrdom and shit - much better to let them say what they want and be completely and utterly ignored.

Video game aren't all my thing, nerd.

looks like shit

Is there a guide somewhere on how to farm cats in mh4u for sending them on hunting quests?
I want that sweet iron maiden armor

Best MH ever

Gameplay-wise, what's unique about Seregios? I just fought it for the first time, and it doesn't feel at all like similar flying wyverns of its ilk, but it's something more fundamental than the new status effect and memescales, and I can't put my finger on it.

He has fluent air_to_ground animations and vice versa, and he switches between them fluently.
He also has a shorter roar so he doesn't use it to stunlock you like raths do, and his strongest attacks are in the air, unlike tigrex or gravios.
He's a glass cannon and that i like.

His movement style probably, the way he shuffles around and the clawing movements.

The drop-in, flare, and assisted travel aspects make things feel a lot more convenient for multiplayer, but…

Holy fuck, causing a flood gave me a lightbulb moment. Can you imagine the grief potential? The extent to which you could completely fuck over a hunt with a misplaced avalanche or other major environmental damage? Why shouldn't you be able to take damage from these things, and thus, why shouldn't you be able to fuck up and screw over your team?

This might be how they turn freebie stuns and ez go-to chunks of damage into legitimately dangerous prospects.

Considering the target audience for World, I'd say there is zero chance of that happening.

You can do that already with friendly fire

Can you even trip other players up in World because from all the videos I've seen so far I haven't seen a single instance of it happening?

Fucking goddamn do you really think they might mess with fundamental balance shit like that? Take full advantage of how many will buy it anyway because >PC monster hunter?

That's literally what they've been doing since Day 1 with World.

I'll bite, I hate the 3ds too much not to buy it but I'm interested - I've watched only a few videos so far, what really terrible shit's been confirmed that I've missed?

Off the top of my head.

You no longer have to commit to actions like using items or firing guns, and can even move around while using them.
Magical green pixie dust shows you where the monster is at all times once you've touched a few preset points on the map.
There are multiple base camps, all of which you can teleport to freely and in addition to fully healing, they allow you to swap out your gear at any time (some people have suggested it would allow you to restock on items freely as well, but to my knowledge that's not been out and out confirmed yet)
Skill system has been dumbed down heavily, with penalty skills apparently removed entirely, and even one point is enough to give you benefits.
Free environmental traps all over the maps that do tons of damage or lock down the monster constantly.
Free floating full heals everywhere.
Monsters constantly get more obsessed with attacking each other than you, letting players rain free hits on them, as well as doing damage equivalent to six Level 3 GS charges to the head in a single blow to each other.
Recharging multi-use special cloak items that give you benefits equivalent to anywhere from 50-60 points worth of Skills.

And I haven't even really been keeping up, I'm sure some other awful things have been revealed.

I tried Brave style (CB) and jesus christ what the fuck. Why does it feel so strong?

That's why I unsubscribed from him. I don't get how he's living in Japan. He's worse than a normalfag. I won't deny that some of his videos helped me before, though.

Brave Style is ridiculously overpowered.

I like the new third A axe attack, I would rather that over the super/ultra burst you get normally, but goddamn I can tear through monsters without breaking off their parts. I suppose it's good for speedrunning.

I've got a MH4U room open if anyone wants to join.
It's open but shitters will be kicked on sight.
33-4192-9562-5946

That reminds me, I should get back on playing my fresh run of 4G

what rank are you?

He said fresh so I'm amusing 1.

HR 1, just finished Naguri Village and about to do the fight with Gore Magara on the boat.

Yes, you can swap out and restock all consumable items and eat at the canteen. There's now almost no penalty for dying outside of lower rewards and the 3-death limit.

WE'RE FARMING SHAH DALAMADUR INTO VALHALLA
JOIN ONLY IF YOUR HAIR TO CHEST RATIO IS EQUAL TO YOUR ALCOHOL TO BLOOD RATIO

Did any single one of you anons get a chance somehow to play MHW? I always see a whole lot of conversation about it but I never seen anybody mention actually playing the game.

It'll be at TGS next weekend, but fuck taking the weekend off just to stand in line to get 15 minutes playing a game that's going to just make me mad with everything it does.

zero and zero, but somehow I feel as though I'm still fucked

Anyone wanna play MHXX?

MH4U
00-2922-1287-8028

i'll join soon

I have to start all over and have no weapons.

I may have overestimated how much time I have spare so don't hold it against me if I don't stay for long

okay?

It wasn't a good day for Damyio

Keep your sperg-outs here, faggot.

All other fliers fly at you in a straight line.
Pinecone sweeps at you in crescent shapes. Plus, it picks at you with its talons while standing underneath it.

It just occurred to me.
Worlds+denuvo=confirmed.

Denuvo means no mods to fix the inevitable fuck ups capcom is bound to make.

Seregios confirmed for most peaceful of all monsters?

Regios and Shagaru are fun and shitters consistently fail to them due to not getting gud.

I distinctly remember an azure rathalos hunt, in which a Pinecone of Peace is made a welcome refugee with its own dedicated cutscene.

Not to mention, his armor gives the very nice Edge Lored skill.

I've been thinking about it for a while now and while you're describing the effects of what I'm feeling, I don't think it strikes at what charmed me so much about that fight.

What I think I felt is that seregios is a lot less about being in the right spot, and a lot more about timing, and it was really refreshing to not get nicked by the corner of a hitbox nearly so often.

It's not so much that it has unique animations so much as what those animations acheive in comparison to raths and co. - Seregios seemed to have much smaller, more precisely aimed, precision attacks, and made up for it in the suddenness and swiftness of the animation. It felt like if you dodgerolled just once, or even hopped, you could easily completely evade most of its entire moveset, but the non-stop high-octane unpredictability it did this with made sure you had to be doing it at all times - It kept me genuinely on my toes and constantly repositioning, and it was mind-blowing.

Any of you feel the same way? It's been like 12-24 hours since I fought it now, and this is ignoring all the bias I have towards it for the endearing unique birdlike behaviors that reminded me of a lost pet, how much I like its sound and visual design, etc.

The extremely subtle possibility of an islamic reference or theme only makes me more interested. It seems to have been done in a really tasteful and nuanced way for the MH team.

Am I going insane?

I think I know what you mean. Never a moment's rest. I can't remember if Regi does the triple dash attack like just about every monster, though. I know that move is just a noob trap, and I'm sure everyone starting out fell for it, but it really kills the action having to wait for the lunge of the last dash.
I play SnS, and every fight with Regios, I'm at its ankles, and we dance together.

You almost went full autism there.
But you quite accurately described what i like of the new monster in 4U in general.
Raths, wivern-os and fatalis all suffer from cheap hitboxes, you're either IN their attack or OUT of it, no rolling between its legs, no escaping the damage if the monster decided to charge while you were under his feet.
All the new bosser are refreshing to fight and reward rolling in the right direction at the right moment rather than "expecting" what the boss is gonna do next and being prepared for it.
The only exception to this is maybe najarala and dalamadur, but we can all agree those sound better on paper than they play in the game.

behind* it's feet

I feel great. My fingers aren't doing too well but I have a stupid smile on my face.

It does feel like a dance. That's a perfect word for it.

Yes, this! The older monsters I'm accustomed to awkwardly force you to step back, as though the people designing them figured it's an opening for pots and buffs and so forth - and it is - but they lack the finesse and intense feeling of the new additions. If you want, you're perfectly able to trade blows without worrying too much about getting clipped by something stupidly low to the ground - the only wingsweeps and tailsweeps seregios and gore seem to make are very deliberate, telegraphed affairs, and the rest of the time, you're perfectly allowed to dodge about them without worrying about getting nicked, so long as you can keep up - which, in itself, becomes a challenge.

They feel like they encourage reactivity to the point where they're testing what reflex can do, rather than encouraging you to run around in wide arcs to avoid most of a monster's nastier bullshit. There is no sense of enforced retreat. They allow you to go toe to toe with them for as long as you feel up to it, and they make sure it stays interesting while they're at it.

Hosting 4U
46-7036-2948-8494 pass: 1488
Join me, niggers.

To be fair most tail sweeps are fast enough you can roll between them with the regular iframes of the roll.
The biggest offence is really when wiverns charge.
They have ridiculous hitboxes and at best they waste a buttload of time, so you don't really feel rewarded for dodging it.
The problem is that charging kind of makes this bosses.

Now go back and do the mission from 2G it's based on where you only have 20 minutes and it's a Tigrex instead of a Gamoot

No one else wants to play? The other guy can't carry me alone.

What determines if a monster is repelled? We Still had time, but Daora left.

10 minutes left + past the damage threshold for fleeing.

I'd help when I get home, but my new file is still HR1, and it sounds like you guys are on the locked off version anyway, sorry.

Yes, we're playing in G Special

Daily reminder that Rathian's is a whore and cucked Rathalos with a Kut-ku

Still up?
I'm in the mood for some carting.

give me a min

06-8033-8332-9676. no pass. I'll just kick shitters.

Why do so many baguattes like monhun?

certainly explains why there are all those ian/los subspecies

Can you imagine what a Rajang and a Jho fighting for sexual dominance mid-coitus would look like?

61-0745-9008-3194 I wanna sweep up some whole ranks for full completionist satisfaction and because I'm too scared to start G1

That feel when I hate both of them so I don't care.

Though I guess that I care because she's spreading her shitty poison and attack pattern genes all over the fucking place.

Why does no one ever specify which version they're playing?

I wanna fight Shen Gaoren as well, and stupidly, I wanna fight Yama, that is, if the fight isn't just the tower fight.

I don't know what the fuck I'm looking at other than the fact it ain't monster hunter

Well you're both on Big Guy and you both have full rooms. Surely one of the frenchies you've got with you don't need to stay there.

You asked for this. Pickle pecker inbound.

Fuck, alright, I'll kick someone the moment one of these quests ends. Hold on.

Join now

They've never had DLC before and I doubt they will start now, plus Deviljho is just as iconic as the raths at this point of course he will be in the game.

Thanks, I didn't want to play with Tilly & Garuda anyway. They're fags.

F-FUCKING HUNTERS!

Whoever's Blue, you need a nap.

They did it back in Tri.

>These guys are so fucking shit that they kick anyone who actually knows how to play the game for giving them items and providing them with useful advice
I try to bear with sharing my favourite series with retards but it's really hard sometimes. I don't know where most of you get of saying you're better than the baguette stickers when you're not only trash at the game but lack the learning ability to actually get better.
You know, kind of reminds of the type of thing a casual would do.

what are you talking about user, Monster hunter world is all about attracting a more casual audience! Really elitist scum like yourself is the reason capcom had to pander to western audiences.

I can't wait!

Thankfully, we don't have to be any good to comb through HR quests we skipped over! Until I take a stab at the G1 I got access to literally yesterday, I'm content to be literal steaming garbage as long as I can give people farming mats!

You know what I kind of do care about though? It kind of sucks to immediately take shit when someone joins the lobby, keep taking shit as we repeatedly kick you, and then continue to take shit when we give you a shot. I'm too busy having fun to deal with that.

Are there any more images like those?

Are called gijinka.

Worlds sure is shaping up nicely isn't it?
I'm sure no one will 'bully' you there or they'll get banned for wrongspeak. You can have all the fun you want.

Thanks for using the phrase shaping up, my dude. Just earned me another tenner.

What happened?

"Shaping up" sure is shaping up to be the best phrase of the thread!

Guy threw a tanty because I told him to use energy drinks in 4u instead of manually cooking steaks

Guy by the username Blue came in, immediately asked for help and posted a quest, so I gave him the boot. when he came back chiming out something about >hr 300 >why would I ever ask for help from you, something he made out between multiple further kicks, I eventually wound up giving him a shot, and he just continued to berate the other players until I removed him again.

You were saying this to a rando.

Frankly I figured that it was apparent it was a joke, after you asked 'are you from the thread' a reply of 'no, pls help with urgent' from a gold crown player in a val habar room would have just been a silly thing to say if I was playing with my old friends. I'm sorry that this wasn't apparent to you, but I did figure that just because someone didn't get a bad joke doesn't mean I should just write them off immediately, I guess I really should have.
It sure is convenient that now I was talking to a random however, I guess that means you weren't the room's host? Regardless of whether that was you or not, the entire room was still defending the use of steaks without eating+ or other skills that would support it which would be fun to argue, since there are points to make. I figured that 'banter about fairly irrelevant item efficiency' would be a fun thing to do and not upset someone so much they would feel it neccessary to kick people. I'm sorry if I upset you.

I didn't even see your rank, I just saw "no" and you picking out a quest. Sorry for that terrible, terrible first impression I left when I kicked you.

I was, in fact, the host, and didn't much care about steaks or whatever, you just came off as being super pissy to the people who were there first. I wouldn't even hesitate to encourage people to use drinks, too, and I don't mind banter and argument by any means, but you have to be aware that more than argumentative, you came off like someone who just wanted to pick a fight.

Sorry I misinterpreted!

Alright, well I'm glad that's sorted. Honesly I need to remember to tone down the cuntines next time I'm with randoms, I had completely forgotten to consider that most of the players in the room were randoms owing to the lack of password.

ay blue, I DC'ed. Start a new room if you want to continue. If not, that's cool.

We got kicked for dissing good ol' star knight and his NOGEMS whitefata bro. Room host went to them after 'G'-chan left.
The room is 05-8670-8046-8285, pass 1111,
However I think you're on my friends list so you can just jump to the room I'm in.

friends list says you're offline. going in the old fashioned way

I I told you to use ASS to make fashion sets with good skills not gay clownsuits, pay attention!

Any GQ's? I don't mind the relic grind.

I think you're just salty i killed two (2) gravios with the gathering god set and didn't even cart :^)

Sorry, [TRIGGERED] is what i meant.

None in patricular, we were doing arenas since it's just two of us right now. Is there something you're looking for?

The pantsu weren't even good on that set, yo're damn right I'm mad.

Would people really be salty about that? I'd be impressed.

Why did they abandon the town upgrade system from MH2? I hope it makes a return in World would be nice to have some investment in a village and call it my own instead of just being their resident hunter bitch.

I'd like to believe it's possible, but I've yet to see anything that makes me believe that's the case

Now I gotta go through newbie quests to have G-ranks quest fee levels of funds.

You know, I didn't even realize he was rolling out Gathering God.

Say, anyone want to host me in their room to get a quickie G-rank zenny reward?

The guild is terrifying.

This could be done without ever getting blood on their hands too.

>just lots and lots of pictures of them

Fuck nibelsnarf

Back from work. Anyone wanna hunt in MHXX with me?

Where do you find this info on the lore?

What's there to be impressed about?
It just takes longer to kill shit when you're being careful.
This dude is triggered by seeing sets without their full skill "potential". I went to show him how cute is the female teostra armor i had just crafted and all he could say was to slot gems for the skills i was missing, like i'd forget about that. Also Blue, if you're reading this, adrenaline +2 gives me a boner whenever i dip under the treshold to get the atk boost, so keep your speedrunner jinxes to yourself, and i'll pick being manly instead :^)

Anyone who's not already a total pro need a partner?

wot game

4U!

I'm starting a new character if you wanna do low rank shit

Ain't got it.

Skipped gen, so I don't know what this is. In xx, there's a pic of a monster at the village quest screen and there's something next to it that says UP!!

What does it mean?

There's no tital pros here, we cart occasionally just like anybody else.
What rank are you?

If you wouldn't mind probably blasting through a ton of stuff that's supposed to be difficult, i.e. getting carried.

Technically, I'm G1, but I'm too flimsy, scared, and dependent on close friends to delve into it!

Plus it feels really good to sucker some new casual player into really getting into things.

I'm Gold Crown but i wanna get better at gunlance since i dropped it at HR7.
So if you don't mind me carting while i get the hang of things it should be alright.

Gunlance is something I main! I'd love to.

Are you the user i played with months ago, and we did that rathian with only shells?
Also i might know why you're stuck at G1

I did, admittedly, play months ago, but I don't recall that.

I'm pretty sure I'm stuck just starting G1 because I'm a complete and total wuss, but I'm listening!

Try just doing it?
I've only hit G rank in MHFU and I did it four times. Only twice solo. Still you get used to things the more you do it.

Part of why i stopped using GL is because monsters really rank up the aggression in g rank and it becomes hard to keep up with such a clunky weapon.
Plus it's annoying to get guard+ or evade dist on most sets, without sacrificing many other skills.

I'll just go through lr and come back when I at least have hr gear. How long are you planning on playing tonight?

Hopefully, I'll manage to stay up for the next five or six hours to smoothly glide back into a sleep schedule, and I've got the caffeine to do it, but please don't be too bothered if I unexpectedly doze.

alrighty then, I'll post when I'm through.

Come join me at 20-2595-1588-4978
Pass is 1111

Come join me at 20-2595-1588-4978
Pass is 1111
Flood detection?

Stop that. Stop right there. This is how you end up like baguettes who join someones room, saying "can you help me with mine?"

MHXX High Rank whatever, take turns posting.

66-8555-0349-1063

How stressful.
Took me half an hour but i did it.

would you niggers chill the fuck out.
You can cap a mon before it even starts limping

NIGGA HOW YOU GONNA TRIPLE CART TO IODROME IN A HARVEST TOUR
A RED WROGGI WITH A HEADCREST NIGGA
And you carted once more the second time, of lawd I am dyin

TILLY I'M REALLY SORRY AAAA

Garuda isn't telling me what I did but whatever it was I'm really sorry for stepping on your toes or knocking you over or whatever it was you were REALLY helpful pleasecomeback

…god FUCKING DAMN IT YOU ASSHOLES

KEK

Don't worry m8. Something went wrong. I came back to a new lobby, with its own hall ID. Don't know why.

New thread

Why the fuck's the new thread locked

Probably because this one's still on page 9.

Because like said, we're not at 700 replies or Page 13 yet. See:

Ya'll ready for paid DLC and a season pass?

New thread