Desperately want my MMORPG fix

Someone give me a good mmorpg to play.

Other urls found in this thread:

nwnlist.com/#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is your taste in MMOs, user?

SWGEmu just released pub nine if you enjoy sandbox MMOs, it's the pinnacle of that genre.
If you like mass PvP/Korean grindfests Lineage 2 has a classic server up hosted in Europe.
I believe there is a Ragnarok Online server that has gained in popularity.
FFXI still has one popular(ish) private server if you want your Everquest fix.

What is your taste in MMOs, user?
SWGEmu just released pub nine if you enjoy sandbox MMOs, it's the pinnacle of that genre.
If you like mass PvP/Korean grindfests Lineage 2 has a classic server up hosted in Europe.
I believe there is a Ragnarok Online server that has gained in popularity.
FFXI still has one popular(ish) private server if you want your Everquest fix.

woops, server laggy as shit today

The only decent advise is to get rid of the need for MMOs.

There has never been a good MMO"RPG". PSO2 doesn't count at all as it's ridden with P2W bullshit and unfun combat- much like all MMO"RPG"s. Just play a real god damn RPG and stop being a faggot.

Phantasy Star Online 2.

Either that or quit MMOs.

Ragnarok

How is SWGEmu? Are there enough playing to be viable and to viably play a dancing artisan who can only run screaming from gunfights

JTL?

The game is japanese, nigger, it cant be weeb by definition. Words have meanings.
And you know damn well there is no good MMO, if there was everyone would be talking about it.

If you mean Kupo, I've been checking it out for the past few days. Seems to be a good replica of the old retail, with the 2 main differences being that theres a free server-wide linkshell you get thrown into at the start and theres a 20 lvl range lvlsync so you can group with lower level players.

Setup is easy and after about 3 days I haven't had any connection issues aside from a zone wide crash yesterday that lasted 10 secs.

Only real downside I've had is that the auctionhouse is kind of empty. More of a struggle to get equipment.

Haha, no. Weeb means things I don't like, Jap or otherwise.

How can it not be weeb when most western weeaboos are playing it ?

you can always play Wildstar, Champions online or PSO 2,

And don't forget the Secret World, with the ugliest waifus ever

That game is fucking awful, its like guild wars 2 but even more boring. At least the robutts were nice.

swtor is alright

Weirdly enough I hear it's not too bad anymore. A friend was playing it and I was giving him shit for it but he was saying it has a steady stream of new content and the free to play option isn't too oppressive.

When I was watching him play, it looked like WoW but with star wars and lacking the extra polish Blizzard puts on their games to hide their flaws.

No JTL yet, but it has nearly all the professions unrelated to space and Jedi complete and yes you can find enough people to throw you tips in a cantina you dirty whore.

Having a blast in GW2s WvW myself. Apparently most of Holla Forums hates it tho.

Because it is kinda shit. I was unfortunately around when they started killing a good chunk of the content that made it entertaining. Makes continued play kind of difficult. If you jumped in now without prior knowledge on what you missed out on it would make you wonder why Holla Forums hates it. But a good chunk of Holla Forums is aware of its history and don't want to be involved in that.

s-surely you have the wrong idea!

There needs to be better driving MMO's

EVE Online is the only correct answer

I played from launch until the first ascended trinkets launched, then rage-quit. Returned a few months ago, only thing I know of that is no longer playable is living world season 1. Please, enlighten me.

swgemu.com
They're autistic about handing out "illegitimate" links to the original keys but you can just torrent it. I'll give you a magnet if you need spoonfed.

allods online Cyka

Goonswarm got destroyed though. Have they made any sort of comeback recently?

Personally I just found the changes they made very unappealing. Mainly the really weird and out of place characterization, bad writing[got more tolerable later though], monetizing a ton of content [note this happened before it randomly went free to play].

I mean the very fact you've been around since the beginning and are totally ok with playing it now proves even if I DID tell you. It probably would be a moot point as your continued current play means they either changed stuff to make such grievences a non-issue or just never bothered you in the first place.

But since it's been a while. Why don't you enlighten me. Has the plot gotten better? Any new content they released worth getting back into?

honestly I'm not even sure where to look these days. Is there a better tpb up again?

magnet still appreciated though, I don't even know what version of swg to search for

Diablo 2

you know im right

Dunno, probably not, doubt they ever will. What game did they fuck off to? I quit a few years ago to be honest, ate too much time.

I suppose you also think inventory space is gameplay.

I'd imagine they are still around in some capacity, but I know there was some interest in them moving to Star Citizen, but that was back when the scope of the game looked larger but also wasn't being strangled by an overload of feature creep. Lots of goons have turned their backs on it since then, asking for refunds, and the scope of the game (number of systems at launch) has been shrinking ever since.

Follow the guide posted on Emu's website to get things up and running, but when it directs you to deal with the launchpad business download the most recent one on their site, the one in this magnet is outdated.

bab5ac3a391d6d102ae08a19ca2f12b7c1bd55b8

See if you can use that hash, my torrent client is retarded

Hash seems to be working, thanks m8. I fogot how small games used to be I now remember getting this and being like '2 gigs?! that's 10% of my HD. This better be worth it'

WoW Ascension Private Server- or the one with the extra races and Necromancer Class.

Project:Gorgon
Tree of Saviour
Supposedly Everquest 1&2 Private Servers.
Atlantica Online because Turn-based.

Check out whatever has a Private server and report back.

I only have about 6 months of active play in the games 5 years, most of that spent in wvw. The writing is still a bit cringey and slowly getting less so, but I'm not playing for the story, even though I still play through it.
Most of my game time is spent in a guild group in wvw. Its a "fight guild" on a mid tier, small server that gets linked with bigger, higher ranked servers as teammates for wvw.
My biggest problem with the game was having to play all 3 game modes for bis gear which mostly isn't a thing anymore. Newer content slowly fills those gaps and there is only a couple left.

Is PvP any good in GW2? I'd be tempted to try it if it isn't ass. Any decent Necro classes?

Are there finally wars between guilds in Guild Wars 2? :^)

Unfortunately no, not in any game supported way anyway. Some guilds organize their own fights in the guild hall arenas, but they are rare . There is a small community effort to have GvG in an organized 8v8 format but that is just starting and hasn't had any matches yet.

I don't play SPvP, but necros are popular there. In WvW, necros are the primary dps of zergs and guild groups and are some of the more capable roamers.

LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT AND LAUGH!

it's shit.
at least in wvw you can just waste an evening away zerging round a map

if you're a veteran of MMO's it's a godsend
if you're a veteran of GW1 it's shit
If you know what makes a good game then you realize it's shit

gw2 in of it self is shit it all devolves into gold farming sim
WvW don't know how this is any fun roaming or zerging just never found it fun. also pvp or pve isn't balance for shit.
and its next expac focus on killing a pretty cool god for almost no reason cept corruption.

pvp is unbalanced shit.
the main reason pvp been unbalanced is ESPORTS and generally lack of balance updates Because of ESPORTS. also the devs Don't know how to separate pvp and pve Balance.

still pissed off about that
It's a rehash of the same plot in the same place.
At least Palawo Joko will be in it

the bonuses you get from small you get most of the bonuses from boosters and being in a guild and banners. again the only real thing to wvw is not allowing other servers to have the small bonuses and of course i was on jade quarry since day one so We were also top dog so maybe I've just become use to pointless bonuses.

Atlantiss, what's wrong with you

I've seen video of top tier server play, just boring as hell ktrains all day, every day. On the smaller, lower tier servers things are completely different. We go out looking for fights or bunker down in keeps & towers or clip zerg tails or solo the camps, sentries, ruins, and shrines or scout for the bigger groups.

Stop chasing the dragon.

Have you ever stepped back and considered how great it is that there is no current MMO timesink for you feel compelled to to waste your life on?

All video games are a timesink. Don't waste your time with faggoty RPGs though, play a real man's game.

All working now, thanks again.

Also if JTL isn't working, why are the pilot profs unlocked?

There are no good MMORPGs out right now. Want my advice? Wait for an MMO that requires pay to play. That way, your experience won't be ruined by shitskins and ruskies (i.e. 80% of every F2P MMO community)

The story hasn't gotten any better, some people say it has but it's just been pandering to GW1 nostalgia lately while also shitting on it by hastily tying together old open ends, such as the Livia thing that happened in the last Season 3 update.

GW2 is a game that requires goals to be fun, but there's no carrots to chase if you're not interested in legendary weapons. I have no interest in legendaries myself so I know the feeling of seeing content in places but having no interest in doing it because I have no goal in the game pushing me to do it. Season 3 of the living story is especially bad because it's all filler content for the sake of creating content, no replay ability and no goals in mind for each map, and from what I played of PoF's demo they're keeping that philosophy in the new maps in the expansion.
WvW is a commander's game. It's really only fun for the commanders and everyone else is just there for loot, which isn't even very good compared to farming Silverwastes and opening bags on a lower level alt.

GW2 has a lot wrong with it, but the thing I probably dislike the most is how smooth it controls. This is usually a good thing, but their engine can't create AI that can keep up with players which leads them to making most enemies ranged or giving melee characters large AoE attacks to compensate. Bosses are just bigger versions of this. In PvP it works better, but then you have the problem of attack animations being conveniently fast for everyone. Again, this wouldn't be so bad if it were by itself, but they expect you to read the animations to decide when to dodge or interrupt the enemy but there's so many nearly identical animations that are also hidden behind large particle effects there's no point. Dodging and interrupting is one of the core parts of the combat in GW2 PvP but it's spray and pray, even worse in WvW of course.

in all honesty i'm genuinely enjoying star trek online even though i fucking hate star trek. it lets you get properly autistic with how you customize your character, crew and ship, and it has a good curve where you start with very simple missions and objectives, and gets progressively more and more in-depth and granular. i can honestly and safely say i have never in my life enjoyed any piece of star trek media until i played this game, but i'm fucking loving it. i hear that as you get closer to endgame it starts getting more and more "just buy this thing or that thing from the cash shop goyim", especially if you're into PVP, but as a PVE carebear freeloader at level 22 I haven't spent a cent and am getting a good game experience out of it

I wish someone would have the presence of mind to recreate a game that is at least as good as classic SWG before Sony went and fucked it all up.

NWN1 PWs are sorta like an MMO
if you dont like one server, you can just try another; usually different servers have different mechanical changes from the base game
nwnlist.com/#
that website can be used to see an auto-updating list of NWN1 and 2 servers, with IP addresses
NWN1 has better game mechanics, don't bother with 2 unless maybe you want RP

whats the P2W bullshit in every MMORPG?

PSO2 is the only good one, but if you're allergic to catgirls you're out of luck.

It's a work in progress, but swg emu is getting there.

play fucking mabinogi

I think he means making another one in CURRENT YEAR

Sadly I hope they don't attempt a remake, you know disney would butcher it with nu-SW.

While I'm here, where do you go to farm combat xp after massacring outer mos eisley?

oldschool runescape

Got your pride cape yet?

Squill cave, faction/terminal missions

no but I got my desert robes in Falador

It is indeed P2W by virtue of being able to purchase rare droprate and exp boosts at the smoothie machine, and that the AC scratch is basically like buying in game currency in addition to giving you more exp and rdr boosts. However these things are relatively small gripes since they only give a minor edge in a game that is far from competitive.

Really my only problem with it is that player shop passes are tied to either being a good goy or getting them RNG via FUN scratch. If they just added them to the cube exchange I wouldn't have a problem with the whole system.

The guy you responded to is still an idiot though.

Wurm

You do realize that you can exchange excubes for fun points and then spend fun points to roll for shop pass.
And since you can buy 10* weapons without any premium now, you can basically buy shop pass with meseta.

Pick 2

Did you miss that part? I don't want to flush a bunch of money and cubes down the toilet to maybe get shop passes.

Eh I aint saying you're wrong, but with how things are now excubes are expendable, you can make hundreds of them in one week by just running one or two EQ a day. And as far a RNG goes, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a shop ticket within like 20k fun points. I don't remember the ratio, but you can get a bunch of tickets with week's worth of cubes.

The Xenoblade games are single player MMOs try them before jumping into some gook grindfest.

Holy fucking shit. It looks like today some major alliance got fucked over and robbed of all their assets and it was handed over to Goonswarm. I guess they are coming back from the dead.

find a ro private server

asheron's call

What's wrong with LOTRO?

I have nothing to be excited about in the world of vidya this year since I don't play MOBA trash

the only place thats active for OSRS is reddit and that place is a normalfag meme loving mess and retards here still go on about MUH HOMO EVENT even though it's been gone for months now.

I miss when people actually talked to each other in this game.

fishing lvls?

Vidyascape, of course. Private servers or bust.

Did she do it?

I haven't played in a while, but I would only use NightmareRH's clan chat because talking to anyone else was a fucking chore.