What are the most and least (respectively) well planned out vidya game settings?

Any vidya game setting counts.

Medieval will always be superior

Ur mums ass

You haven't earned my respect, faggot.

Anything by Blizzard. Especially Warcraft from WoW TBC onward.

bethesda can't plan anything for shit

Tim Burton with more skellies and less gay
Perfect

Dubs confirms

I agree with that post up there

Neotokyo will always be the superior setting.

too bad, you got trips instead.

he said dubs.

Age of Empires.

I don't think OP means settings like time periods or locations, I think he means like Ivalice or Yharnam or the Witcher's unnamed continent. Also I vote Ivalice for best and Blizzard anything for worst.

Zelda for sure.

I'd put anything by Nintendo in a third category: Not planned. They flat out do not care about any sort of continuity between games - they just make the game they want to make and think will be good (success or failure on that up to the person playing).

There's nothing wrong with that approach, though it does piss off the autists.

The official timeline and the repeated attempts to create origin stories suggest that someone involved does care, they're just shit at it.

Demons Souls and Dark Souls 1 had well "planned out" settings because everything connected in a well thought out manner. if that's what you mean by "planned out"

Would you happen to also have the pizza in a bed image?

He means the medieval dark fantasy setting with magic, dragons and shit.
I found the setting itself to be pretty generic and other than the monsters having good designs (albeit not as good as Berserk which it took inspiration from), there's nothing special about it.

I'm tempted to argue that it indicates autists care and Nintendo decided to throw them a bone, but it is very hard to argue with those digits.

It's more like a timeball, or a timewad, really.
Time line kinda implies that you could put them in some sensible order.

Strangereal is a pretty cool setting.

Zelda's timeline was decent enough (OOT>MM>ALttP>LA>LoZ>AoL) until WW came out and destroyed Hyrule.

In many cases, they went and looked at their old games and said

I'm just waiting for the day they sack up and finally give us our techo-future Zelda game where you have to collect the triforce computer chips, like they promised decades ago.

>And then all the games make you play as the bad guys.

Ace Combat is a hell of a ride.

Here you go bro

I love FFT way too much

Delita Hieral Dindu Nuffin.

The only thing wrong with Dark Souls' setting is how undead works. You kill some hollows and then die on the way to a boss, you respawn at the bonfire. Those hollows return. However, some enemies don't, despite being hollow. Also, how does rebirth work with the bonfire? Are you summoned to it? Created from its flame, gear and inventory intact?

Matsuno's work (FF Tactics, Tactics Ogre).