What's your opinion on this game? I dislike it so far

What's your opinion on this game? I dislike it so far.

I've just spent hours playing stupidly carefully after using my only health potion (I only explored a bit of level 2), got my health to 10% and then I died to a bardiche to the face. I don't know how much does this game's save system fuck you but it lost most of my progress and it made me not want to play this game anymore.

I really want to get out of early access so I can play it.

I can't wait until they introduce magic so I can blast dudes. I haven't played this game in a couple years, how has it progressed?

I took the plunge because I wanted to reward myself for being a good boy but I regret it. Every weapon seems like it's shorter than it should be and if you're not using a maul you're not going to interesting stuff physics wise in combat. Granted I didn't get far as I've mentioned.

The arena mode is apparently more popular but I couldn't figure out how to open up enemies.

I thought exanima itself wasn't early access, but a separate little dungeon crawler in the Sui Generis engine to get funding to finish SG.

Swords are fantastic, what are you on about? You have enough mobility to step in and out of most enemy's attacks or at least you used to

I've heard that name before. If you're implying a full on RPG with the physics based mechanics I'm all for it. I loved the shit out of games like Hammerfall.

I assumed it's kind of like Lugaru where starting off the game it seems like a piece of shit with tons of bullshit behind it but the more and more you practice at it the more and more the game opens up. Honestly I can't say for myself but if you really dislike it just refund it, you can pirate it later and see for yourself when it's finished.

Got it only several hours ago so I couldn't tell you. Tell me how to enjoy this. The save system seems fucked and the dev is a fuccboi that thinks the game is too easy if you can load where you want to.

And what are the feints even for?

Two handed weapons seem half the size they should be and one handed weapons are just chodes. And the story mode is too dark to use anything but one handed+torch.

Play Arena until you get good, faggot. I'm not joking. Just do it, experiment with different weapons over and over.

I've played past the refund threshold. I wouldn't be frustrated if it didn't take me that long.

Great game concept and gameplay aswell, too bad it's early access and the development is very slow.

If the Sui Generis project is completed, it might aswell become one of the best RPG games around.

It takes so long to earn money though.

Money? What?
Back when I played Arena, you just picked some weapons and fought duels over and over.

I haven't played exanima in some time, I think about a year maybe, but I remember arena being money-based, not a combat sandbox, you started with shit weapons and equipment and you had to win matches to get more either from you enemies or buying them with the pathetic amount of gold you got from each match. I didn't bother much with this mode, it was shit.

I've gathered that Arena mode is more popular. Does no one play story mode? I like the atmosphere but like I said I don't feel like retracing multi hour long steps every time I die.

You have to pay a certain amount to enter a specific combat mode. Some are more expensive than others. You also pay for armor and weapons.

Oh my, that's totally different. You used to start off with the same weapons unless you picked shit up off people after you killed them, in which case you could keep it after you died until you exited the arena.
Sounds grindy now.

That's not Arena, that's the Training mode. In the Arena you manage more than one fighter as well.

I told you, it's been over 2 years since I played. There wasn't a training mode at the time.

Who saw that coming? Realismfags are the cancer killing vidya. They are essentially just LARPers.

It feels like your arms are noodles with weights on the end in this game.

You're essentially just a retard.

here's a summary of the most significant new features added
they just keep making the game feel a little better every update and add a few more weapons/armor while they refine their engine so they can hopefully give us actual new content before everyone forgets about it. the arena section of the game now has two modes, practice and arena proper, practice is the good old arena where you kit a dude and you fight duels with a predetermined lineup of opponents, you can now nig stuff from them by double clicking on their lifeless corpses. arena proper now is a pitfight management game where you can hire npcs to fight for you or recruit playable characters to give you more lives since if your first character (called manager) dies then it's game over. you start at this hub place where you can hit some dummies and access the trader, roster manager and a list of available matches, which are tiered accodring to skill and equipment and generated randomly. in arena proper you can only nig stuff from your enemies and actually get to use said stuff in the elimination matches (which is like practice mode except embedded into arena proper) and in the frays, any nigged stuff will be returned to their respective owners[spoilers]' family[/spoilers] once you're back to your hub. the poleaxe is the best weapon in the game
also they expanded story mode a bit idk

also you can have a primary and secondary loadout now, you can switch on your inventory window or by pressing R. you can perform a downwards swing by double clicking and a stab/lunge by holding alt while clicking, there's an ingame manual on the main menu that explains all this and more

seriously, git gut. iirc the first 3 levels have a potion each. the game as intended has no checkpoints, you die and you are dead, but if you are a scrub you can enable "early checkpoints" in the options, which will save your shit after you go to the next level, but the last one you will get is when crossing from the third level to the fourth is what I recall reading. I'm just hoping for a new fucking update soon

the training mode is what you knew of the arena. The arena has challenges where you can earn money, money you can use to buy armor weapons and recruit niggas to fight with you to get some sweet armors

seriously, git gut. iirc the first 3 levels have a potion each. the game as intended has no checkpoints, you die and you are dead, but if you are a scrub you can enable "early checkpoints" in the options, which will save your shit after you go to the next level, but the last one you will get is when crossing from the third level to the fourth is what I recall reading. I'm just hoping for a new fucking update soon

the training mode is what you knew of the arena. The arena has challenges where you can earn money, money you can use to buy armor weapons and recruit niggas to fight with you to get some sweet armors

My opinion is that early access shills should be instabanned and threads instalocked.
Why does this board still not have anti-marketing rule I have no idea.

Not ALL early access games are bad you fucking sperg, it doesn't matter if you ignore them or not they're here to stay

Basically it's a drunken fighting simulator with amazing lighting and shadows. Good for a quick laugh but once you've figured out to step in the direction of your attacks to get more power into them you've already mastered the game. Everything else is just flopping around like a flaccid dick in a hurricane.

Yes but Early Access is undeniable cancer either way. You can bitch all you want but if you make a thread with a game that's Early Access you're going to get shit. I blame OP for being retarded enough to think this thread would end any other way. **If he really wanted this thread to be anything other than shill accusations he should have provided a torrent. Why is it so hard for fags to do this?

if you aren't using a wooden staff all the time with minimal armour in the arena, you are not my nigga

Does it still have shitty meme combat like in this webm?

Oh well. Thanks for clearing that up.

Went looking for recent footage (uploaded this month) of the game on YouTube. The vibe I'm getting from this game is that the weapons are weightless but their bodies are heavy, clumsy, and have sloth-like muscle movement rates. It just feels wrong.

just git gud, user. Die a few times before you get the feel for the physics and controls, and after that it's easy as fuck, especially if you play a tanky character with all the armour you can muster - the occassional hit the enemy lands barely registers at that point.

If you want to savescum the save files are located in %appdata%, one is .rcp (checkpoint) and one is .rsg (savegame). Checkpoint is the fallback location you'll go to if you die, savegame is where it saves if you exit the game. I'm sure you can figure it out from there. As for combat you really just need to practice, starting out I found it frustrating, and shields were the bane of my existence, but eventually you get the timing down and get better at directing your hits. The practice arena is the best place as it has a good variety of opponents and dying doesn't waste your time. I feel bad for the people who give up on this, it's really satisfying once you get better at it, I've probably put 50~ hours into practice mode alone.

Some specific tips for combat are, if you get into a clinch with the opponent, don't just rush out of it, make sure they're not winding up a hit as if you step out as they're striking you're likely to get hit. Additionally, both when you're attacking and defending, step off of the opponents centerline, this gives you a better chance of blocking incoming hits and landing outgoing hits. Outside of that it's just getting used to weapons and developing a sixth sense for spacing and timing.

As for the skill unlock things, they don't seem to do that much, I think they just make your character's movement a bit more fluid, for example allowing you to swing, miss and then follow up with a swing in the opposite direction.

git gud

I think their biggest problem was the choice of camera angle. The gameplay they're going for is best suited an over-the-shoulder third person view.

is this a cerebral palsy simulator?

How long have they been working on this? Its been almost 3 years sense I had last heard of it and it still looks like you are swinging foam rubber. They need to put some strength/gravity into the swing calculations so that hitting things will have an impact instead of just flopping against each other.

D U D E
GIT GUD
LMAO

So I looked this up a bit more. This was supposed to be a prequel to their kikestarted game which has all but vanished.
I wouldn't be surprised if the devs themselves are shilling this shit to drum up sales. Its seems to be in perpetual early access and Sui Generis is Never ever tier.

It's shit.

Physics were a mistake.

Totally not shilling

At this point it's only really fun to boot it up once in a while and clear Practice mode over and over.

Arena might be fun with some tweaks, but main game is just pretty bad.

It's not meant to be a savable game, it's a fucking tech demo. You play it just to get the feel of what the actual game is going to be because its not an actual game yet.

Holy hell this is the state of Holla Forums where we actually have to explain these things to dopes like this.

I disregarded the story mode for Arena which was pretty fun even though the grind is just fucking stupid. I lost my main guy after bringing two characters to Adept, I'm done playing this for a month at least.

Pic related.

game looks p. neat tbh, still gonna wait until its out of early access.

Yeah dude just playing through exact same steps for hours in a game with pretty much no healing items every time you die isn't frustrating, it's great game design that shits on casuals.

Why do faggots tarnish the good name of GC:CX? The game's shit fam. Use more cancerous memes next time.

The threshold Steam gives is not legally binding and threatening them legal action is enough to get your refund. If they don't give it to you send them a threatening letter in legalese.

Exanima is like the original dark souls not because
but because when you become proficient your running through the dungeon avoiding risks and grabbing things to improve your chance of survival.
I can usually get two healing potions while avoiding most fights.

You can get to level 3 in about 30 minutes.
Its a physics based game, its not the first game to have combat based on it and almost all of them are drunken combat simulators.

Literal children getting upset they're not good at a game in the first hour of playing and don't understand why bodies are noodle flailers.

So the point is to avoid the point of the game?
wew lad

They shouldn't have pretended this was anything but pseudo-isometric QWOP with swords.

The games mechanics encourage you to avoid fights in the beginning to get armor and better equipment.
Not only that the game outright tells you not to fight everyone.

Its like your shit at videogames or something and can't make rational decisions.

Some people just break down into a frothing rage when you tell them they might have to actually invest some energy into improving their skills.

Isometric Drunken Brawling Dungeon Crawler. Just reskin everyone to being hobbos and give them the shakes as an idle animation and you're golden.

WHAT THE FUCK I PRESSED X AND I DIDN'T GET AWESOME
SHIT GAME

Only game that I am looking forward to. It's fantastic, but needs a little more polish. I'd be content if they just added a heap of levels, a key ring and a janky bow and called it finished, but it's close to being so much more.

I'd be cool if there was a longer stretch at the start were you had to use shit weapons. You get to the good stuff far too quickly.

Is this bait?