When will we finally get DaS1 remaster with second half of the game fixed/upgraded?

When will we finally get DaS1 remaster with second half of the game fixed/upgraded?

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/skills
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_DOS_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Right after we get Demon's Souls with the 6th Archstone. i.e. never

Why u say this ;_;

We have enough remasters in the market. They should make at most one more Bloodborne and then move on to a different franchise.

I don't care. DaS2 got its remaster months after original realese. They can easily do the same with DaS.

that wasn't a remaster, that was a port.

They've changed more than just console. Gameplay got fixed as well as few other things.

Dark Souls 3 was released last year.

Scholar of the First Sin changed enemy placement and the game was still pretty shit.

Fuck off
>>>/reddit/

Make me.

Ok

dubs

Try again nigger.

check em

Also Das2 was a port. Check gets changed between porting from different systems. So you are also a dumb nigger.

You think they're gonna fix the gameplay?

OP posts like a >>>/cuckchan/ refugee.

Said cuckchan refugee.

dubs

Cool dubs.

Have you ever looked up Armored Core games?
There like 20 of them not counting portable ports.
And guess what I want more.
I really wish from to get back on mech track and to start pump out AC games ever 2 or 3 years.

Also cod sells so there is no reason not to keep making it.

check this single

u mad?

But if it doesn't sell there's reason to make it?
Pitch that to publishers.

Not anymore lol

I heard something about sci-fi one failing hard and them returning to WW2 theme or something.
If it fails too I guess we wont see many cods for a while.

What? You mean if you made shit and it didn't sell? AC sold relatively well considered it never had any budget.
It's just soulslike cashcow was so fat they forgot about all their other franchises.

Never you fuck.

u mad tho nigger?

No, I'm fine with the game as is.

I actually like how instead of being (1) and done OP goes full retard and is apparently having fun shitposting.
But truth be told DS3 is indeed pretty much fixed DS1.
It even has super onstein in the face of nameless king.
Truly a 10/10 game.

Have higher standards, idiots.

If I raise my standards any higher I would be forced to leave this place altogether.
Where will I go then? Is there a place with large enough userbase but free of cancer, politics, memes and mobile trash?

The guy you're replying to said ds3 is a 10/10

Is this one?

Don't tell me how to live, also DaS3 would be great If weapon arts wouldn't be half-assed that much.

What weapon arts?

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/skills

The Dead. You're free to join them.

Then do it. I don't see why not.

He needs to take the advice then.

Ha ha I totally forgot about them.
In 100 hours I maybe used them 5 times between 20 different weapons. They might as well not exist.

So you fagets admit that your standards are low to begin with? Cool.

Nah, I don't consider DS good

But you're posting there.

Few of them are cool, but the rest is uninspired or
totally useless, which is a shame because the idea was really good.

Of course. So does everyone browsing this shithole. If they weren't low I wouldn't visit this place at all.
I have high standards for other stuff tho.

nobody cares autist lol

You can't just excuse yourself like this.
Your standards are universal.

Where?

He does, he brought it up.

False.
I'd be very surprised if there was one person with perfectly consistent standards for everything. It's probably impossible.

On 4chan 2.0: jewtendo edition.

Eh, less and less every day.

Dark Souls will get a remake with added missing content, exclusively on Switch because From won't risk a new game but will instead just port old shit like everyone else does, the usual Nintendo Curse.

Why didn't they just pull a DoW2 and release an update that completely replaces Demon Ruins with something that isn't fucking garbage?

After Dark Souls 3 do you really want them to turn DaS1 into another bloodborne frankenstein game?

6th Archstone is Dark Souls II

This fucking meme.
Bloodborne is another dark souls game to begin with.
DS3 is exactly what op asks for - DS1 with better graphics and finished levels.

So the gameplay and mechanics don't matter at all now, huh?

Bloodborne is a great game and the problem isn't with it. Dark Souls 3 is an unholy mix of Bloodborne and Dark Souls that doesn't work.

Yep, you're a faggot.

I'm too depressed to laugh at your stupidity, sorry.

Consider the following: Instead of a commercial remaster, a public SDK release.

Dark Souls 3 has the speed of Bloodborne with crazy rolls and multiple attacks, but with the visuals and movement is closer to Dark Souls 1, so it fits into this weird middle ground where its not all a fast action game like BB but not methodical like DaS1.

Souls games are really hurting from a lack of community content. They would have to open up the online, though. Let us host our own realms and such, otherwise all fan maps would have to be played offline. Just letting the community host the online play (with the freedom to tweak game values) would be a huge contribution to reviving the older games.

Actually, what would be really amazing would be if the Final Fantasy 15 release that's inexplicably getting a public SDK release sort of set a new standard of Japanese devs no longer trying to block off mod support.

It's a console gaming mentality, really, and consoles dominate the gaming industry in Japan. The ice was already broken with japanese devs porting their games to PC, so we can hope that eventually they will realize the value in modding.

But we got it, user.
It's called Bloodborne.

What is this?

Hopefully never since Souls is a meme series now.

You are the reason Souls is pure faggotry now. Jump in a woodchipper.

Can't you read?

You're a meme person on a meme image board. Meme yourself.

Best not to reply

Second half being bad is a meme. It's really only the Chaos Ruins that suck. People write off the Duke's Archives and Crystal Caves solely because of the poor idea that there should be an unwinnable bossfight near the start where you can't recover your souls. The rest of it is fine.

You can just sprint through the Ruins, there is nothing worthwhile down there anyway. Bed of Chaos is retarded but they never repeated that mistake.

tomb of giants is pretty shit too

*Lots Izalith, not Chaos Ruins.

You know, it isn't the cuckchan OPs that make me mad.
Its the retards replying to it and keeping the threads alive that do.

From is now owned by Kadokawa games and no longer a private company.
Bloodborne was a one time thing, when will you retards understand this?

As much as I'd love to see a remaster of DaS1 with lord souls areas fixed, I think it's better to just leave it alone. We've seen from the sequels that From (or Bamco) has decided to pursue a watered-down and casualized gameplay experience. This is especially apparent when it comes to multiplayer. Compare invasion mechanics in Demons and Dark souls to the sequels, where things are tilted so far in the host's favor that it no longer becomes worthwhile to do. The people who circlejerk over their PvP honor duels are fucking faggots, and that shit isn't anywhere near as fuck as just invading and fucking with people.

But invasions were neutered, because I guess too many casuals were bitching and moaning that they wanted to cheese the game with 2+ sunbros with them at all times and didn't want to deal with any blowback from invasions.

cool picture bro
post more

It's true that the only objectively BAD lord souls area is the demons ruins / lost izalith. The other areas areon't out-and-out terrible, but they're nothing special either. TotLG relies on the darkness gimmick too heavily, and is actually quite plain and boring if you think about it. I actually like New Londo quite a lot. Dukes is okay, but the reuse of previous enemies (but crystal!) is a bit lame, the auto-death is shitty, and the crystal cave's invisible floors and poor collision detection are bullshit.

But really, my main problem with the lord souls areas in general is that they don't have the nice interconnected metroid-style mapping that the areas in the first 2/3rds of the game have. They're each just a linear progression and are over-reliant on bonfire warping as a crutch.

When i get my armored core 6, how does that sound?

Very likely.

No.

They could have easily have Duke's archives have sick bookshelf to bookshelf platforming but instead it's just two giant, square empty rooms, one deep room with long stairway and nothing more.

You can't be serious.

It could be large platforms serving as arenas for small encounters.

They could have done something like the hollow tree area where you navigate trough vast, destroyed parts of library.

It would've been nice if Duke's included a secret pathway that let you bypass the auto-death. I know there's the hard-to-pull-off elevator trick, but I mean an intended way. Something that would be difficult to find and difficult to get through, but would still a worthwhile easter egg for replays.

Holy mother of Cuckchan
How is this thread still alive?

lol

I'm just surprised that the jews at Namco didn't do a remaster out of pure shekel grubbing greed. Obviously it'd be nice to get a 60fps version with cleaned up graphics and god forbid some non-shitty SotFS style fixes of some end game areas, but I don't think it's long now considering how much of a household name the series has become by now

You sure showed me OP

It'll probably happen soon enough, now that the series is "over" and Miyazaki doesn't want to make any new ones. So they'll have the B team shit out an enhanced port. It'll probably have the same weaknesses and bugs, but with casualized aspects and neutered invasion mechanics for the casuals.

Time for you to leave.

WEW
Are you going to to go "RRRRRREEEEE" next?

I think the funniest thing possible would be to have darksouls remaster announced and have the trailer start with the line "the game that started it all."

"Old school hard"

we already got the whole "prepare to die thing" so it's obvious they know and are playing up the epic difficulty meme. Christ, even DSII played it up in its intro cinematic.

But DaS series is more difficult than most of modern games. Sure it's annoying to listen to some annoying fucks who think that beating the game gave them right to brag about it all the time, but yeah, games are still pretty challenging.

It isn't difficult, it simply treats the player as a functioning adult and not a mouth drooling retard who needs a giant fuck off arrow on the screen showing him where to go.

The problem isn't that the games are hard (relative to most modern games). The problem is that the difficulty was NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE THE CENTRAL POINT. Yes, DeS and DaS were challenging, but the difficulty was only one aspect of the game. But what ended up happening is that when DaS hit it big and became very popular, the exaggerated meme of "lol the most hardest game in the entire world!" took off. This is when they started giving labels such as "prepare to die" for the PC port.

And what ended up happening is the game's difficulty got exaggerated and flanderized so that became the only point. That's when we got a shitshow like Dark Souls 2, which was basically made with the only thing in mind being "LOL SO FUKKEN HARD OMG BRAH EVEN HARDER THAN THE LAST ONE!!". And it just fell flat.

funny, looks like the second guy is using the drake sword

Dark Souls 2 isn't really hard, though.

This is a failing of language on my part, but my point is that it was specifically designed with the intention of being hard, rather than just being hard as a result of the style of gameplay they were going for in DeS/DaS1. So instead of focusing on all the things that made those games great, they focused solely on "lol how can we make this harder?". Not that the game is ACTUALLY hard, mind you, but it's designed with difficulty in mind. Perhaps I'm not explaining the difference well enough.

Basically, they were trying to too hard with DaS2 and forgot about what made the other games great in the first place.

I never understood why Dark Souls was so well liked. The way your character controls seems purposely clunky and unresponsive and it just makes the act of playing the damn game tedious instead of difficult. Is the WRPG market so barren that this is the best they've got?

I don't know what you mean. I absolutely adore Dark Souls' controls. They're tight and responsive. The "clunkiness" just comes from people expecting to play it like zelda or your typical action-adventure game where you just run up to enemies and mash the attack button.

L O L

This is what bugs me: I really love the mechanics and style of the Souls series. There's something so comfy about running around in these worlds finding shortcuts, exploring crazy ruins and castles and shit, all with a sense of danger always lurking. The games are just really fun

So when it got big and exploded and normalfags started going on about how hard it is I was torn because on one hand it meant financial success for the developer which would hopefully lead to more games like it and other guys making games in the same vein…

''BUT"" it also led to the abomination that was DSII with it's schizophrenic design and bullshittery amped up because whether accidentally or on purpose, the designers bought into the idea that the series has to be hard for the sake of hard because that's what made it popular in the first place.

yeah like said, the game isn't necessarily hard per se, it's just that they fucked it up and focused on trying to make it hard rather than building an organic experience that happens to be difficult if you're a mouth-breathing retard. That said the bosses that throw multiple enemies at you were bullshit as are a bunch of areas filled with indefensible bullshit (katana knights with telescope vision, amana shrine shooting gallery…) as well as ignoring the downgrade and bland level design too

Ahhh Seath… I'm glad I'm one of those autistic obsessive compulsive gamers that had to get every visible soul item. Of course, this means I basically started the game with a Ring of Sacrifice. That's a good ring to have for the 1st Seath encounter.

It does, and the item is actually right at the beginning of the game near Firelink Shrine. See :

That's not what I mean and you know it.

Yeah, I do, but you also I know that I mean it accomplishes the exact thing a few people ITT have complained about. It's a completely viable "bypass" of the forced death. I've seen people waste it on Capra because they suck, but I always pick it up and save it for 1st Seath if I expect to have a pile of humanity or souls I want to keep. which since you can just dupe both I guess is rather moot; speak of I'd rather see a duping patch before a remaster

My entire point is that I would've liked to see an actual way for clever players to bypass the forced death, rather than just negating the outcome with the ring. Either a special trick to fend off seath, or a secret passage to bypass it, or something. Obviously you can just use the ring, as everyone does on their subsequent playthroughs, but that's not my point.

Video games were a mistake.

Your character is intentionally grounded, for the same reason Simon is grounded in the NES Castlevania games: precisely designed difficulty (no Hard mode in this game bloating up enemy HP values). If the player can't move around the world like a circus god then the level design will matter, the combat design will matter. The player will be forced to deal with whatever obstacles you put in their way and only in the ways you predict (in theory, of course, you can never make a game of this complexity exploit free). People loved Dark Souls because of this, because the world actually felt solid and if you try to run through it you will have a headache and make no progress, instead you have to look at the wall and figure out how to climb it.

What? well the point of death in souls game is that you'll lose your humanity and souls right? The ring of sacrifice pretty much negates that, what more do you want?

Ah i see what you meant, but yeah i suppose the dev cycle prevents it from having skippable (unbeatable) bossfights and sequence breaking like in the first half of the game.

DSII is only good for it's weapon variety (and balance), NG+ playthroughs and the simplified upgrade trees
Other than that? pure barf

Speaking of DaS2, why do people say it has the best PvP? I remember invasions being fucking garbage because of all the ways they gimped invaders compared to DaS1. And as I remember, the "honor duel" arenas were nothing but overpowered dark magic hexes and people flipping around in full-havels with dual havelyns.

I also just can't stand the controls of DaS2. They feel squish, imprecise, loose, and floaty. Not to mention how retarded agility/adaptability is and how there seems to be an inherent lag in many actions.

You can clearly see one of the rings from Firelink Shrine IIRC you can buy another one later. From the description it just seemed like a good ring to wear for sketchy encounters… like bosses. Maybe I was a scrub for wearing one through my first boss fights. It was a great feeling, though, realizing 1st Seath encounter was meant to be a forced death and having that ring on my finger.

Anyway as far as a remake goes, on PC at least we have DSFix to unfuck the engine's locked 30fps [Shrugging Intensifies].

I got 4 bosses into DaS2 and decided that the mixed up parry timing, and the brightness made it feel like not a true successor to DaS1. Maybe one day I'll go back and try to force myself to finish it before I start DaS3…

Good one.

The Duke's Archives are retarded.

While I see your point, that's not what I'm getting at. Everything in these games feels like its moving through molasses; and not just combat but items, interactions with the environment, everything. Every animation in the game feels like there are at least 10-20 frames that just serve as filler to heighten difficulty and in the end just makes the game tedious to play.

Dank memes isn't hard at all. It's only even moderately difficult on a no level run.

What's a post-NES era game that's "difficult"?

2hu? Devil May Cry?

A lot of PC games post-NES are difficult.

Honestly mustards are better off getting a working ps3 emulator with Demon's Souls. Its easier but a much more solid game.

I view DeS and DaS as different but equal. DeS, like DaS3, had really well-crafted level design for its individual levels, but I still prefer the sense of exploration you get from DaS's large interconnected world

shmups I guess is fair, but bullet hell games border on being unfun pita

…but which ones?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_DOS_games

My problem with Dark Souls is the tone overrides the game experience. You are tardy to the party and missed things turning to shit. Its over and thematically that makes sense but from a videogame standpoint it just means exploring around doing cleanup.
whereas Demon's Souls is a very current 'oh fuck' situation where a fog is spreading and taking peoples sanity and spawning demons. You arent fighting through the ruins of the world, you are fighting through the opening days of a medeival apocalypse to stop it before it breaches Boletarias borders.

That and the whole 'most bosses are actually humans whos pride or hubris turned them into monsters' factor which is better than 'fukkin i dunno a dragon in a sewer kill that shit for a key'.

Dont get me wrong dark souls is fun and more challenging but compared to demons it feels hollow.

Pun not intended.

There is a shortcut in the game you can use to skip the first seath boss fight. It's not a real shortcut, technically, but you can do it. By rolling off the elevator as it goes down from the corridor to the seath boss fight, you can land on a ledge that allows you to go through the rest of the level without having to fight the first seath, and you can go straight the crystal caves in like 20-30 minutes.

Agree to disagree. I personally like DaS's "late to the party" setting, like a fusion of post-apocalyptic and dark fantasy.

I know, I referenced this earlier ITT, It's more of a glitch and not an actual alternative pathway designed into the game.

Being in the middle of the Apocalypse is fun, but lots of games do that. DaS is one of the few games I would call post apocalyptic medieval.

Not like Demon's Souls does. its not some Diablo style 'random portals shitting stuff out' but a backdrop to a curtain pulling back to reveal the darkest parts of human nature.
You see a town full of nobles being slaughtered by guards gone mad. But looking around tells you they were raping and murdering and seeing no issue because they judged the poor as beneath them. The big demon bosses are the heroic knights. The Phalanx was a supposed hero who was such a huge coward that used their underlings as meat shields that they literally turn into an impotent blob using smaller demons as armour and weapons.
You reach a place called 'the valley of defilement' and follow a putrescent river to its source. Which turns out to be the main storm drain from the aforementioned kingdom and the 'defilement' is the abortions thrown away by noblewomen.

It goes on and on till the final reveal of the king behind it all turns out to be something like the post teleport monster from the very end of The Fly that pathetically begs for you to leave and dies with little resistance.

A lot of apocalypse games are hell on earth scenarios. Demon's Souls is arguably about people getting their comeuppance and you are merely ensuring it doesnt spread beyond the lands borders.

I'm talking about modern games that could be directly compared to a Souls game. If every modern game is "press x to win", it's fair to call it "difficult" in contrast, even if it isn't difficult in absolute terms.

You said after the NES generation, I provided.

And that's why I clarified.

?

The fetishization only gets worse with Scholar of the First Sin, just so you know.

and so on. I'm not even sure why I'm playing through it.

I'm still fucking mad about SotFS. I played DaS2 at launch, and then didn't touch it again for a long time. And then I saw on some steam sale that Dark Souls 2 stuff was on sale. I never played any of the DLC, and people were telling me it was pretty good, so I decided I'd give it another shot. And it was actually cheaper to buy the SotFS upgrade then to buy the individual DLCs for the original version of DaS2, so that's what I did.

Worst fucking mistake of my life. I thought it was stupid that SotFS couldn't use my original save files, but whatever, I'll just use this as a reason to play through DaS2 in its entirety again for the first time in 2 years. But oh wait, it has a shitty fucking arrange mode where some idiots just decided to randomly throw enemies around on the map. When I first heard about this, I thought they were learning from their mistakes and rebalancing the game. But no, they didn't fix shit and they just decided to magnify the problems that were already there. And you can't even fucking turn off this arrange mode feature at all. And they had the nerve to label this as the "definitive edition". Absolute fucking horseshit.