Single Greatest Recommendation Thread

Post the single greatest vidya recommendation you can think of.

that is the most overrated hipster jarpig of all time, my dude

You are a stupid fucking nigger faggot piece of shit.

post your own then

SaGa Frontier

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Ghost Trick

My dude.

Rec threads are a waste of time. Do your own vidya research.

my review is bound to cause some major rustling.

the story was cute, but I didn't enjoy it that much. the gameplay was utter shit. utterly tedious and stupid fucking shit.

hey faggot! what's your motive here? why does some cunt like you post in every thread on every board to throw in their two cents that they hate x. "x" being what ever the fuck the thread is about, especially better threads?

I already know you were going to say that you asswipe. it's always the most unkosher threads that promote the spread of free/good information that are shilled and put down by fucking douche bags like you.

bioshock

Though I would also recommend playing the first one.

question is, how in the world can i play it? buying an used saturn is pretty much out of question for me so do i have any other decent option?

system shock 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC

Fixed

Skyrim Legendary Edition with SexLab and slavery related mods.
Play as a male and establish slave trade network around skyrim.

Yes Todd, that's very funny.

Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic

VtMB

I have heard of all these games (that makes me better than you).

Wrong thread

It looks like they already have it covered over there.

emulation. I played it last month.

This is really hard. The original StarCraft is probably the game I hold closest to my heart though, but I've really played an incredible amount of incredible vidya.
For the RTSes though that's my bid

It disappoints me to see how so many people don't "get" shooting games. I think the best solution to this is to play one of many great ones, but instead of falling back on obvious treasure or cave shooters, I'd strongly suggest Cotton 2 Boomerang. It'll give you a strong appreciation for the genre and will likely leave you eager for more to play.

Saga is a little easy but the actual design of every encounter, the story telling and the music are orders of magnitude above everything else. An incredibly unique game. Just don't ever grind or you'll ruin it for yourself. Learn your way through combat encounters to get the most out of it.

This. But then again, better wait for the next re-release.

Excellent taste.

But Vanilla SoC is like 4/10 at best.

Jew Sex

it's still the most recently released platformer i've played that i can keep going back to and enjoy failing at. i'll never improve enough to actually complete it though.

How long have you been practicing? I think it took me just north of 200 hours to comfortably stay around #375 on the cumulative Dustkid charts. If that webm is your gameplay there's definitely a lot of ways to improve your speed.
Persevere and succeed where 99.9% of people fail, the Difficults mostly aren't going to be as bad as you might think. Still have two to go myself.

it never seemed tedious to me the act of completing the stages was straight forward and easy to do. i wish it had a few difficult to figure out puzzles, that would have elevated it from ok vn to good vn.

finding games that fit your interests is more rewarding than having some user tell you what to play because you're a braindead dipshit

the issue is more that my practice is sporadic. i play for 30 hours over the course of a week or two and then don't touch it again for months. that webm is probably over a year old at this point, i have completed that stage.
i usually end up completing at least one or two new levels each time i commit to playing it.

Have you tried switching input methods? I came to favor keyboard over gamepad way more than I ever anticipated I would, you might like it.
I don't play it every day or every week either, although I probably should. That playtime was across like three 70 hour binges.

i've never even attempted playing it on a keyboard. i'm probably spoiled by how comfy the gamepad is.

The first one. Not the sequel.

Space station 13, we even have regular threads here.

>>>/a/

This task is retarded and impossible.
Anyone reasonable who've played for long enough wouldn't be able to come up with a game that is the best in general, but not only best, but so much better that nothing stands close. The act of recommendation has a context of catering to tastes of who you are recommending to, so one shouldn't go recommending simply coming out of their own tastes.
also partially this
Rec threads encourage spoonfeeding, meaning that if a person in question is just lazy (and requires someone to make a video research for him), then he won't even check actually good games most of the time, only what's easily digestible.

Is there a good DS emulator?

TIE Fighter is the best space sim ever made.

has it been worked on at all in the past decade?
it's a nice meme in theory but it just doesn't seem very good.
sanic racing runs on wine very well in my experience.

Why do faggots like you still use slang even over the internet? Why do you even use slang at all? Its fucking retarded

How is "Unkosher" slang? Do you even know what that word means?

I played the whole thing in DeSmuME and it was fine.

Your anal cavity is a 4/10 at best you little bitch.

someone recommended me this, its pretty fuckin good

You mean a game that is literally perfect, or some game that only a few select people will enjoy?

Neither. Just the game you recommend the most in your experience. No pressure. This is for discovery and not criticism.

A single game recommendation. The one held in the highest regards in the hopes of making a manageable selection that's worth giving a second look to.

I have a soft spot for this game.

Too subjective, and encourages spoonfeeding. This isn't >>>/reddit/

Any time this happens the collected results are shit anyway.

Breath of Fire 3. Very well made PS1 JRPG.

Highlights:

A great game all-around. Not perfect, but a quality experience that fans of RPGs should not miss.

It's a risk I'm willing to take.

It's 2 am who cares.

Vanilla STALKER is about on par with your typical vanilla Bethshit.

Great game, but Holla Forums serber is shit with 3 players

Tetris

same

I'm breaking the rules because the game I'm recommending can't be played by most.

The one I would recommend is Dominions 4, or 5 since its coming out in October.

Here's the most well-rounded games I can think of

real classic, this one. its not that long a game, you can 100% it in less than 24 hours if you're not a slobbery mouthbreather, and it's got hella replayability once you get a grasp of the mechanics. best played with some booze and a friend sharing the couch with you.