So anons that bought an Xbone on launch i have a honest question for you: When did you get the feeling you bet on the...

So anons that bought an Xbone on launch i have a honest question for you: When did you get the feeling you bet on the wrong horse this gen?

Because nowadays it feels like even the most diehard brand loyalty fanboys are starting to realise that 2018 is really the make or break for the xbox brand, but for a lot of people the "Well shit i guess Sony has the winning hand this turn" reaction has been around for a while.

When did you realise the xbox one was going to be a let down?

Happy niney levens user

xbox has been a let down every single fucking generation. The first generation was the only potential exception where it had a bunch of fun hack'n'slash and shooter games, even though they were generally nothing to write home about.

You mean the Xbox One?
From the day it was presented
If you mean Xbox in general, pretty much since Microsoft announced they were going into the console market

On a different note, I actually have a diehard Xbox shill friend that still believes that the Xbone has the upper hand this gen, I honestly do not know how he can lie to himself like this

N64 vs PS1 begs to differ.

lol

Aside from Halo -and for a console fps at the time that was in fact a good game before the sequels turned it into dudebro schlok- the xbox at least had a wealth of Dreamcast left overs that are excellent.
Meanwhile Dead Rising 4 was so bad Capcom has on the downlow hired another company in japan to make a reboot of the series that plays like the first and didnt tell capcom vancouver about it. Halo is dead and Destiny 2 is available on it to hammer the nails in the coffin and every 3rd party game runs worse.

Shit from what i hear of the master chief collection their 1st party aint so reliable either.

There's no differences between PS4 and Xbone, so why bother?

Probably not the smartest people, seeing how Microsoft with their great reveal were trying harder to sell PS4s than even Sony was.

Could be worse. How many anons fell for the PS4 Pro?

They're both shit

Nice picture.

Always give it at least a year before buying a console. That way if it's shit or if it has defects you aren't affected.
Same goes for PC parts. Let the early adopters beta test them first

W-what does it taste like?

There were a few 360 exclusives I enjoyed so I grabbed an Xbox One when they were $200 at Target. I don't regret doing that but holy hell the Xbone has nothing. How many SKUs are they up to now?

Desperation, Perspiration and weed. Lots and lots of weed.

Anyone who hasn't learned from the 360 deserves to waste their money tbh

I went through 4 fucking 360s

Fuck xbox

DUDE

If I'm going to spend money on something my PC can do but worse I better be able to play my shitty imported fanservice musou games. Console gaming has been shit since online multiplayer went mainstream with them

when they anounced the console without a single fucking exclusive besides Scalebound wich looked like shit by the way
I will never get brand loyalty, software sells hardware, and $ony has more or rather any at all, unlike the Xbone it may be shit but at least it's something

God damn how do you inherent a franchise by making a decent sequel the fuck up so badly that the owning company has to take the franchise back from you. I know capcom stupidly followed Inafune's advice about whoring out their properties to Western developers but it's still shocking to learn that THIS was the game that made them backpeddle on that entire philosophy.

Can I get a source to this I need to bathe in the schadenfruede after work.

Now if only MVCI can bomb so Capcom can abandon esports faggotry forever

u know it's fucking cancer list but it's still shit normalfags eat up en mass, Xbone has none of these
fuck even Uncharted 4 as shit as it may be still looks kinda fun to mess around with the grapling hook
the game may have all the flaws in the world but i will be lying if i said i never had fun with it

Lot of PS3 buyer's remorse in here.

You guys ever enjoy your no games?

I enjoyed plenty of games. Like Demon's Souls and the Yakuza series. I also enjoyed the free online and running said free online into the face of 360 fags.

Holy shit do we have an actual upset xbone owning user here?

Good lord.

Where did this no games meme come from?
Didn't the ps3 have more exclusives?
or do you mean games in general?

Well sweet boi once upon a time Sony was a victim of its PS2 driven hubris. They made a console that people couldn't make games run on easy. This meant in the years of catch up to learn to do so devs made bad ports. Really bad ports.

So the 360 took over as king as the 3rd party was almost across the board always better than the ps3 version. So "PS3 HAS NO GAEMS" was the memequeen line of choice.

But around 2008 it changed. Devs caught up and as the PS3 library exploded with shit like Demon's souls and Valkyria Chronicles Microsoft was starting to run on fumes and Alan Wake and Halo 4 were basically the end of the games success and then Sony took over and with the PS4 the rest is history.

-interesting part is during the change Microsoft partnered with EA to fund a campaign smearing japanese games in the media. Some devs fell for it like inafune and mikami and convinced their bosses to dilute games and make them action shooters for western appeal in a tactic to slow down japanese games and potential sony exclusives for a few years to let the microsoft games division catchup again.

I realized after E3 2015 that the XBONE was a dead system

The xbone was so bad it made my consoletard brother switch to PC.

About halfway through the 360's lifecycle. M$ went from "we're trying to feel our way in a new industry for us" with the first gen Xbox to "we think we know how to lead, look at how well we do it with servers and desktop OSes!" at that point and…yeah. M$ gonna M$.

That picture is meant to resemble a face.

Source for this, I found jack shit.

He obviously meant Dragons Dogma, but the common user here has become so lobotimized after successive floods from cancerous users that it no longer matters.

Look at this shit console war OP.
Look at all these faggots bumping this shit thread.
Look at all these faggots defending the Xbone.
The board has finally become cuckchan lite.
We finally did it

Just a reminder that all of 8th is fucking anal sewage and most of you filth fell for it.

Do you have sources for the deliberate smearing of Japanese games? I distinctly remember something like this happening around the time of the release of Final Fantasy XIII and Mass Effect but I can't ever find any actual sources.

InFamous 2 makes InFamous 1 look like shit, though.

Also Ratchet & Clank and Twisted Metal.

Overall there weren't enough good games last gen to even bother. 1998 was the peak year for video games and by ten years later, the whole medium was nearly nothing but shit.

If I was facepalming any harder I'd have my hand going through my fucking skull user

fix5

TV EXPERIENCE TV AND MOVIES XBOX WATCH TV TV TV TV REMOTE TV TV SPORTS TV TV TV SPORTS TELEVISION TV TV TV TV WATERCOOLER SPORTS TELEVISION CALLOFDUTY

From the very introduction, that thing was aimed at the chaddest, jockiest, dumbest, least gaming-centric audience. If you thought it could be good, you have no one to blame but yourself.

The "Invitation" ad was very well done, gotta give them that.

Hey, go easy on the guy. Maybe he has prosopagnosia and just recently found out that pareidolia is a thing normal people experience. He might have had to put a lot of hard work into discovering the face, and thought he was clever.

Quoted for my exact thoughts. The only thing I can add other than that is that analytics/spy-cam and the voice commands.