Once and for all, which SMG game did you enjoy the most? Which one was dare I say…objectively better?

Once and for all, which SMG game did you enjoy the most? Which one was dare I say…objectively better?

Galaxy 1 was actually new shit, Galaxy 2 is a glorified expansion pack.

To reply to my own thread, SMG2 because Yoshi.

I actually liked 2 better. 1 was solid but was just missing a certain something. In 2 they really nailed it imo.

This isn't like comparing Ocarina to Major's mask those two games have fundamental differences.
Galaxy 1 and 2 are the same shit, I don't think either is better then the other since they are the same thing, save for a few power ups and Yoshi. You can play any level from one game and drop down into the other without missing a beat since so little is different.

Well, the stages on 2 are more enjoyable to me.

Yeah more or less the same, but they tinkered with the levels to get it more right I think.

1. Galaxy 2, even though it have better platforming, it felt really fucking shallow, and they removed the damn nice hub, and even Rosalina.
They should have added the worlds of SMG2 to the first game and call it a day, the story is the same anyway. Fuck the mario head shit too.

Rosalina sucks dude

Rosalina is waifufaggotry made real. Take it as you will, but removing a character like that from the game made no sense. Instead she is replaced for a giant Mario head. Delightful.

2 is objectively superior, however 1 was the pioneer.

I have a thing for Goddesses like characters, so I like Rosalina, but I will admit she doesn't have much character.
She could really use the Paper Mario/RPG treatment where better writers take the plain boring Mario characters and actually make them fun and interesting. I can imagine Rosalina being either overprotective of her Luma's in the way that when they get hurt she goes ballistic and kicks the ass of whatever hurt them, or in the completely other direction she could be comedically unaware of when they are in trouble and be borderline abusive to them, not on purpose though.

t. retarded newfag who reads mainstream reviews

Oy vey: a game that introduces new mechanics in every fucking stage, surely must be stale and boring if you get a bunch of new ones! You know what doesn't get stale however? First person shooting and managing an inventory.

I never said anything was wrong with expansion packs, But galaxy 2 doesn't have any of the things, I think are needed to earn the right of being called a sequel.
Mario 3 is an improvement to Mario 1 in every way. Mario 3 earns that 3 by being an evolution to the series. Galaxy 2 is just more Galaxy 1, that's not a bad thing but it's what it is.

Can't half an A press in Galaxy

64 is superior.,

Would you say that Mario 2 TLL is a expansion pack too since it barely changes anything from SMB1?

You can't half an A press in any game.

The original Mario 2?

Yes dum dum

Neither, Mario fucking sucks.

I would say that yes
I would also say most Mega Man games are basically expansion packs.

2, and I strongly dislike the 1st. I like how it immediately retconned the 1st game by removing Mario's history with Rosalina and not going into her stupid backstory. The power ups focused less on the gimmicks and more on tricky platforming. The final level might be the hardest of any 3D Mario. The first felt too easy and more like a game for babbys and olds. The cloud flower was brilliant. I also liked the hubworld and introduction of those wooden guys.

Her presence alone is pretty soothing. Knowing that around the hub is someone like her is pretty relaxing.

Yes.

Fuck 2 hubworlds. Is the worst part. Fuck Mario's giant head.

i honestly can't remember anything really stand-out in 2.
1 was fun though.

2 has better gameplay but 1 really captures that "traveling through space" vibe moreso than 2

in terms of 3D Marios I'd rather play 64 and Sunshine though

all i know is in the second game i was sad because rosalina wasnt there to smother me in her tits