Dean "Cuphead is the Dark Souls of run-and-gun" Takahashi was responsible to Mass Effect's downfall

archive.fo/9qRO8

Yup. The CEOs of Bioware actually listened to this guy after Mass Effect 2 just because he can't allocate skill points in the game and people got Anita Effect: Sarkeesiana. Aren't you feeling it, anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Xs3md
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine being this bad at video games

I don't get this meme.
Whenever I play against people on Holla Forums I notice them being way better than random normalfags.
Are you bad at vidya so you project it onto everybody else?

lurk some moar

Oh Jesus Fucking Christ.

he can't keep getting away with this

You shouldn't blame the mentally challenged when normal people listen to them. It's your fault for thinking a retard's opinions are a good idea.

No, user. Taking away responsibility from these people isn't how you solve this.

I don't know how to feel about this, it's simultaneously hilarious and upsetting.

Who would listen to anything this clown has to say about games after watching him play anything? Might as well just add a Down's difficulty option to your game so it plays itself.

That's what Bioware did.

You still had to move your character and pew pew occasionally. Actually, now that I think about it, they should just make it a Let's Play, don't even give them choices, clicking on an icon is too challenging for these people.

Well, shit. Good on him.

He failed at that too, much like he fails at everything else, since BioWare is still making games.

Mark is a sausage finger fat fuck with the metabolism of a Sloth.
He doesn't count

Games?
More like propaganda pieces.

Didn't the bioware studio that make mass effect: autism got "dissolved" ? That's legal speak for I won't fire you all right away, because that would be admitting defeat, instead you'll be all alocated to inocuous jobs in teams that you have lower influence in, so if I need to fire you in teh future I can do it in a way that won't attract attention
I'm not savvy in the ways of the digging. But I wouldn't be surprised if we knew that the former embployees of bioware montreal slowly faded away in importance in the industry, even without being fired from their jobs.

Yeah, that studio got fucked over, but BioWare is still making a sequel to Dragon Age.

Put Dean on the case!
Let's meme it into reality.
Boy I sure hope Dean "Studio Destroyer" Takahashi playtests the new DA

>Being so new he doesn't know the legend of mark and Sega. Lurk moar. 10 more years min

This comment just smells bait to me. It looks like he is making stuff up to fish for angry responses.

Is this the reason why the industry is shit? It was Dean Takahashi all along?

God I hate this meme.

I feel like Takahashi is overplaying his hand here for continuing attention and page views.

what did he mean by this?

At least Mark has bigger tits than you, slut.

nothing of value was lost. none of the mass effect games were good.

So it's an unpolished, repetitive piece of shit NeoFAG creams their pants over?

How do you explain Polygon playing Doom then? He can't have coached their player, right?

so bad at games he ruins them for everyone.
i JUST cant believe it is possible and yet there it is.

I'm pretty bad at vidya to be honest. That said, I've never got stuck on a fucking tutorial.

For all we know, maybe he did.
How deep does the Takahashi rabbit hole go?

18 years at least

The problem is other retards own the media, and the second we try to tell one of them not to be retarded, they all start tard raging on us, swinging at us with their meaty tard limbs, tossing shit and bodily fluids at us. The tards have overpowered us by sheer retard strength and numbers, and now they're the prison guards.

No, bad user, you are to trust the journo's tweet at face value. It's okay if it's to mock it.

Okay, no, fuck you, I'm ranting, this is the worst shit ever. Why the fuck does your game need a "narrative" difficulty? What the fuck does difficulty mean in your game? How does it relate to the story, asshole? The whole fucking point of Mass Effect is to tell a cool sci-fi story, so how does difficulty serve this? How are you using the fucking medium to its fullest extent?

The obvious answer is "oh, playing on the hard difficulties makes you feel more like the badass that Sheperd/Ryder is meant to be," but the story is going to treat you the same regardless of whether you play like a masochist or like a fucking infant. The actual GAME, the part you fucking PLAY, is just there to turn the pages and make the story go. The player clearly doesn't have any part in things because the story is going to progress the same way regardless of how skilled the player is, so why the fuck would you try to convey this story through a videogame?

A game that handles this right is Ridge Racer Type motherfuckin' 4, from way back in the PS1 days. The Grand Prix mode incorporates your capabilities as a player into the story, and the difficulty you choose to play on directly affects how you end up receiving the story.

Between races, you go through little talks with your team's manager about how well you're doing (if you place first) or how you suck (if you place lower). If you pick the Easy team, your manager is some nice French lady that is completely inexperienced, just filling in for her sick grandfather. The rest of the team is thankfully competent, so the cars you use are slow, but they handle really well, and the AI cars are pretty forgiving if you do fuck up. You learn the tracks, you learn how your car handles, and you basically just get a grip on the basics, all while your manager grows more mature and experienced thanks to your success on the track. By the time you beat Easy mode, you have all the knowledge you need to tackle the next difficulty.

So you play the Grand Prix again and join the Normal team. This team has no reputation at all, the manager thinks you're just some punk, and he doesn't expect you to make it past even the first heat. The cars are well-rounded and the AI is a bit faster, so you can prove him wrong and keep winning as long as you have any kind of handle on the controls.

So you beat Normal. You jump back in and pick the Hard team, and instantly know what you're in for. The manager is a grizzled racing veteran who won't take any shit. "No excuses, only results." Not only that - this is the team you've had to beat to take 1st place in every race before this. That's the point you've worked to as a player, and you're expected to prove your worth. The cars you get are fast as all hell, but if you fuck up, the AI is hot on your tail. By the time you beat Hard, your raw fucking driving skill - you, the fucker holding the controller - has blown away even the toughest, most respected figure in the whole scene. So where do you go after that?

Expert difficulty. This is the team that's been trailing in last place in every race. They haven't seen a win in years, their cars are fucking garbage, the AI will dumpster you for the slightest fuckup, and the poor, overworked manager can't even get the team's greedy, apathetic owner to put any money towards his team. But then you arrive - the fucking Ridge Racer. You run shit your way. You own these tracks, and your raw skill as a player enables you to weave through the track like a fucking painter. When you finish the Expert story, you've fucking earned it. You've seen four separate stories come to satisfying conclusions, and they only got there because you, the fucking player, learned and grew and improved.

THAT'S what the fuck videogames do. They get YOU involved in the story because the story branches off of how YOU improve and overcome your challenges. They offer an angle for storytelling that other mediums just can't offer, and they can do so while being fun as all fuck to actually play.

Fuck off with "narrative" difficulty. Cop-out scumbag motherfuckers. Go write a fuckin' book or make a visual novel or some shit, if you're not gonna make use of the tools you have. Respect the goddamn medium you're working with. Fuck.

I'm surprised a journalist have not been murdered yet, with how this shit is becoming quite common.

It's because murder is wrong, even if you're shit at video games.

Reminds me of how the more missions you complete in Ace Combat the more well respected you are among your colleagues and how completely terrified your enemy is when they see your plane.

To fair, I've played some RPGs with shitty gameplay in the past, where I just ended up turning the difficulty as low as it would go because the combat wasn't fun, and I wanted it out of the way. This is only a problem in games that have failed at being games though.

Murder is against the law*

Only if you get caught.

I wouldn't call myself good either, at least not at the E-sports shit, but at least i know how to play fucking Sonic the Hedgehog better than the 12 Game Over Jew.

That's the fuckin' thing though, videogames can offer a real tangible feedback that can directly hook you into the story, so if the actual gameplay isn't fun, then why bother making a game that doesn't fuckin' do that? There's just no excuse for shit gameplay. I hate idiots.

Mass Effect was never good as a game. People who liked it liked the parts that you watch.

You're not wrong, but unfortunately there will probably always be games where your choices are grit and bare bad gameplay, or miss out on an interesting story.

I don't even fuckin' need the story. Gameplay is core to the medium of videogames. It's why I choose to play videogames instead of watching a movie or reading a book. Just get the core thing, the gameplay, get that right, make that fun. After that, you can build a story around how the player learns and masters the mechanical gameplay, but if there's no fuckin' gameplay to build off of, all you have is a shitty story that's being told through the wrong fuckin' medium.

Regardless of whether they picked the right medium, those games still exist. I'm not going to miss out on a genuinely good story just because it exists in a form that conflicts with some higher ideal of what a video game should be.

That's fine. Good stories can still be told, people are allowed to enjoy things that click with them in any measure they like. I just wish more fuckers would respect the medium they're working with, and I get mad when I see half-ass measures like a game with a "narrative" difficulty.

No, murder by definition leaves no room for a moral justification.
Killing does, however.
Murder is an inhumane act for which the guilty party should have his life taken.
That's why for example when you swat a mosquito or shoot a nigger dead in your house it's killing.

Are you retarded or what
The pre-requisites for murder are "pre-meditation" and "malice aforethought". Both can be justifiable.

So, it would be morally wrong if I beat pic related to death?

I wish I could strangle you.

No.
But it would be mercy killing at this point, therefore closer to euthanasia than murder.

What the fuck am i reading?

You knuckle down, and you bare yourself to the thing that's challenging you.

And now we know retarded game journalists are the cause for all the shit game we get today

part of
don't forget moral busybodies, publishers and plain old casuals

Liberals?

Playtester also

Shit QA, yeah those too.

the decline of the west

No, ass erect was always shit.

In case no one ITT has yet seen the abortion of a central topic we've got going on here, watch embed related

It's Polygon's DOOM gameplay but twenty times worse.

I'm more worried about his cognitive skills than anything else really. He should do some brain scans because something in his head is clearly damaged.

It's pretty in for normalfags to celebrate mediocrity and incompetence, just look at all those "SO RELATABLE COMICS XDDDD" where characters complain about first world problems, anxiety, laziness and social interactions

Leftism as a religion celebrates inferiority, ugliness and amorality, so it's no wonder it's acolytes would be proud of appearing subhuman in both looks and behavior. That makes them the perfect converts.

I'm glad "eugenics" are banned.
In ebin moral relativist times you'd get genetically engineered failures instead of superior specimen.
See niggers existing and being cherished through affirmative action.

I can't believe people were defending this guy
I bet Cuphead's difficulty was changed because of this idiot.

No fucking way
he has to be trolling
are you telling me that an adult who pays taxes and votes doesn't have enough brain power to go through the first jump in the tutorial in less than 30 tries?
we idiocracy now?

We have been for a long time. The worst part is that the guy actually gets paid for doing shit like that.

It's self depracating humor to them because they're insecure about being failures at everything. That's what it amounts to. I remember one girl in high school who would always nervously laugh and make fun of herself and her incompetence (when in reality she was one of our better students and athletes) on a regular basis, so much so I fucking hated it and wanted to slap her every time she opened her mouth. It's the same thing with these people, minus the actual ability to accomplish anything. It's a form of comfort blanket for them.

no buddy. it is straight up, 110 percent legitimate, actual gameplay done by a guy who is seriously trying. You can easily find out how seriously he means it by digging around, although I WILL grant you that one of his many excuses was "it was a social experiment" so in other words "hurr durr pretending to be retarded."

why the fuck did the embed just post again? what? the field is completely clear, what the hell

There was no pretending going on there. We were watching someone suffer a severe and brutal aneurysm.

such as?

Whatever I say will start an argument and I'm not in the mood. Think of a game you think has a good story and bad gameplay, and pretend I meant that one.

Sounds like shit.

BOOOORING

Fucking pleb.

Interacting with the story is a key element of gameplay.
So the only mechanically sub par game would be New Vegas, but geybryo's shit is redeemed by roleplaying opportunities and ways the you interact with story.
Tacoma, Gone Homo, Firewatch is fucking trash.

Let's not jump to conclusions here.

You all fell for the viral marketing. Regardless of whether or not you buy the game, you're still talking about. Still creating memes. Still generating interest.

Oh no, guess we all just need to stop talking about everything.

Whatever the fuck happened with this guy? Been really out of the loop playing vidya lately.

You did too.

You know, I keep hearing that Dean is some super-important person to video games journalism and how I apparently owe something to him because of his work, but I've never heard about him before this event, since I don't pay attention to video games journalism at all. What do I owe this man, actually? I don't think my involvement with video games has ever been positively effected by this man's work.

I was interested in the game way before this whole thing, a lot of people were.

Trendy honeypot drama that everyone's got a stance on, "He's responsible for Mass Effect going shit" when it's been shit since the very beginning, mentioning Literally Whos, its low tier bait.

This basically sums up my thoughts on the matter.

You stupid fucking nigger… By your logic, literally all discussion of any game is promotion of it and this board shouldn't exist.

As far as this shitstorm is concern, the game itself is practically innocent since it has done nothing to warrant scorn like Shadow of War using a dead man to milk more money. Its all centered on this retarded journalist that has normalfag skills despite being in the job for 20 years.

Kill yourself.

Most of us pirate games and don't talk about video games outside of Holla Forums.
And we're not talking about the game, we're talking about how retarded this guy is.

Oh my gosh…

Just take a moment and think about the person who needs to clarify something like that

That artstyle is trash tbh imho

I'm not saying that you shouldn't talk about it, but I just figured you guys would be a little more upset at being so nakedly manipulated by marketers.

This looks fake, nobody is this bad at videogames.

some one said regarding these situations "imagine if these clowns could just take the L instead of trying to turn their failures into think pieces"

And what we're saying is that you're a fucking retarded nigger and should shut the fuck up, holy smokes!

then all the original cartoons have a trash artstyle too considering they all look exactly like that.

it's completely legit.
also, the original video title when it was uploaded to YT via Gamebeat's channel was, literally, "Cuphead: It's harder than it looks." No joke. You can find the archived proof somewhere if you google for a minute. After he started getting trashed hard, they changed the video title.

Disgusting.

are you baiting or what? No one is really talking about the game at hand, and whenever it was mentioned prior to this most people already looked upon it kindly. And your claim is entirely baseless, I could call you a shill for this journo faggot for trying to shut it down and it would carry the same weight as your viral marketing accusation.

They do.
Not like modern ones are any better tho

Sometimes i wonder if these animals are putting their worst players up to bat to make "traditional" games look worse or something so they can hype up more walking sims

you have poor taste.

In what way?

You're such a smart guy, user. Please tell us more.

The "Calarts" style you people make fun of is just an evolved version of the old-timey art. It's better than any of your I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill

you sound like a megahipster, someone who spends their whole day saying "that's trash, that's trash, that's trash too, it's all trash." I'm not defending cuphead because I don't care for the artstyle myself, but that's not the same as calling it bad. You sound like someone who calls everything shit not because it's actually shit but to give appearances of being some cultured connoisseur that's you're not.

What the fuck is going on?

Goon btfo

TRAP SPRUNG BITCH

I thought Asians were supposed to be good at video games?

Probably a japanese american, they are a bunch of stuck up faggots.

Japs are the biggest casuals on the planet.

What word is filtered?

They're only good at making cartoons about little girls, everything else they do is shit.

this is beautiful user. Your words speak to my shrivelled black soul.

And you sound upset that someone doesn't like something.
Are you upset?

"Murder" is any unlawful killing of another person. It doesn't have to be unjustifiable.

Words worth keeping.

I always choose harder difficulties because the easier ones are boring and not fun. I would never have thought people choose hard difficulties to "feel like a badass", in fact I always hear people choose easy mode to feel like a badass since you're basically a god on easy mode in many games.

I always feel that in general story in videogames is just there to take you between encounters and "make the gameplay go". I guess with the exception being rpg's, so I guess Mass Effect may fit into that category.

What did he mean by this? Seriously, I'm so confused.

Okay, that's actually pretty cool.
But I still have no clue what the fuck you meant by that last thing.

This applies so much to the Witcher series for me. The gameplay ranges from outright terrible to mediocre, but there are some nice environments to explore and many of the quests are interesting. I think the Witcher games would have been better without combat at all, or with combat being cutscenes that play out differently depending on how well you investigate/prepare for a situation. If the gameplay resembled a more traditional adventure game that was more focused on the narrative and interacting with the environments to solve puzzles, the Witcher 3 would go from a 7/10 in my book to an 8 or a 9, just by cutting the more mediocre gameplay elements and focusing on the game's actual strengths.

You're confusing legal terms and reality.

I think it's something to do with Japanese animation and cuckoldry, cuckime?
Related to anime for sure.

I think it was I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill

yep, found it. disposable weebshit

Nips absolutely SUCK at games when they start playing them, need a tutorial to explain every small detail to them. They do, however, pick one fucking game they suck at, practice it more hours than they fold their katanas, and thus become good at that one single fucking game.

DID SOMEONE SAY KI NO
BUNCH A NOR MIES
REMEMBER KIDS, IT'S NOT CENSORSHIP IF IT'S WORDS MORK DON'T LIKE

I think he means that in games where your skill as a player directly influence the story is the proper way of having a story in a video game because it merges gameplay and story well. As for games where you just beat the level and watch the cutscene, the disconnect makes it seem like theres no real point for that story to be in a game at all.
At least thats what I got out of it.

At least that's funny, now if someone could explain why kino is filtered on Holla Forums I'd love to hear why

Why man.

I would say Metroid is an example of this just incase you didn't get what i meant. The better you, are better the ending you get. Your skill directly influences the story you receive.

What does good filter to, i wonder.

He is desperate to shit this place up, 9 posts in this thread. Sad really

Just another day on mark's Holla Forums

kino filters to good

cause mark is to lazy to ban every retard that says it, and delete every thread that goes "is x game ki no?"

Are you seriously defending someone who belongs on 4chan and begs for brown pills?

The reward for a better time in Metroid is typically more fanservice, not more story, though.

Who are you quoting?

That's good (^:

Please don't engage him seriously. He's only fishing for replies.

I am sick of these "talking about the game makes more people more interested", we had a cyclical thread for Andromeda shitting on the game when it was out and that game sold so poorly Bioware had to kill the studio that made it (but not fire the people responsible because that would have been an admission they fucked up, they will eventually just to not draw any attention from the progressive media). Do you think we actually made that fucking game successful by talking about it. Again this controversy has nothing to do with the game itself, its all on the subhuman faggot that can't play the game right.

Thanks, I think I understand now. Basically just wants harder difficulty settings to have an "in-game reason" for why they are harder. Honestly, it seems like it'd be a lot of work to implement in some games when the work would be better spent elsewhere, especially since in the end it's still a very surface-level change that doesn't affect gameplay. For some reason I thought he wanted harder difficulties to affect the outcome of Mass Effect's story.

This is my favorite post of the month.

Its both. Anyway you get what I'm saying.

I think he means like, for example, if you play Mass Effect on easy the NPCs comment on the lack of enemy troops more often or there being a small amount of resistance while on hard things are more destroyed or characters comment on the enemy being relentless and a major threat.

I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill

why is d.i-sposable w-.e-./ebshiet
filtered?

It's just weebshit.
Because it's not an argument, just like кino

If you have to ask why you belong on 4chan and deserve a brown pill.

good

good
anime
animu
video games
vidya

weebshit
I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill

Shit, I need to play fucking Ridge Racer.

Looks like "disposable " is required.

My bad. that's quite specific.

its not a argument- its a description, it can be used as a summary, in the same veins of 'assrim is a shit game and todd howard lied'
wordfiltering shouldn't be a thing except for the most cancerous of phrases, and 'dis pos-abl3 w33bshit' isn't really one of them, it just triggers some autists on Holla Forums and derails threads.
whatever, i don't really care about the wordfilter, but i remember when 8ch didn't have gay shit like that.

the filter was put in place when there was one obnoxious faggot saying it in every thread, with the same reaction pic every time.

Which is exactly what typing dispos able weeb shit does.

Faggots crying about anime or japanese games in general on imageboards are cancer incarnate

What on earth makes the disposable part more worthwhile goon?

Ask me how I know that you're new.

because its autistic to wordfilter one specific phrase because an autist keeps repeating it i dunno
what? its merely autistic. like how 'milk' is now a trigger word for tumblr.

fuck off goon, 8ch was comfy as fuck in mid 2014 and gay faggots like you ruined Holla Forums
you're a fucking newfag you don't deserve to be here with your gay ass shit now Holla Forums is fucking flooded with shit threads on the level and/or the same exact threads in 4chan fucking hell.

How so? Milk is healthy. I don't get these people.

Fuck off Holla Forums goon

It was, but we still had faggots like you shitting up japanese game threads with "weebshit get out". Bayonetta 2 specifically. Cancer like you ruined this fucking board.

Might a a reference to that HWNDU stream where a black man was complaining about how white people "flaunt their ability to drink milk" since some blacks are apparently lactose intolerant? So at night a bunch of shirtless men show up at night with jugs of milk and start drinking them.

Who let the goons in? Shoo shoo, ten buck cuck.

Joke's on you, I'm a colossal fucking graphics whore and will get the game anyway it helps that the boss battles look actually fun to play too

Less than 20% of blacks have the ability to process milk as adults.
Its a almost purely european and slavic ability

when the shit rolled around i laughed too. I think HWNDU had something to do with it.
faggots think that milk is a alt-right symbol.
archive.is/Xs3md

nigga you have no idea what you're talking about.
maybe there was a designated shitter, but there was probably only one because I didn't see shit like that often.

nigga i don't even care that specifically degenerate weebshit, just appalled that Holla Forums has gotten so autistic that it needs to filter specific phrases just to keep threads from devolving and derailing.

But there's always been wordfilters on Holla Forums. In fact, there's LESS wordfilters now than there were in 2014.
I still remember when "mods" was wordfiltered to "gods."
"Dis posabl e wee b s h i t" is a phrase only retarded shitposters use, as is "ki no" and thus both of these terms should be wordfiltered and those who use them should be laughed at for the faggots they are.

All filters are shit.

Poor milk. It really doesn't deserve that.
On the other hand, the notion of a bunch of shirtless young men aggressively drinking milk in public is hilarious and kind of hot.

you have a point- it is pretty lulzy.

wasn't that just a couple of salty fags and 4chan mods with a vpn?
i'll give you that the first few weeks of the exodus had some points where heavy moderation was needed to weed out the turbo-autists for awhile, which your image contains.

Moe garbage doesn't required much skill to make, why do you think animu has been dumbed down and simplified so much? Even then, they still can't make decent moe shit, it's all the same; bland, quantity of quality, same face, slice of life shit. And nine times out of ten, the MC is just a dumb punching bag.

WOAH you might be on to something here

Who fucking cares? It's cute

This is a special breed of retarded

Waaaaaaah waaaaah cry me a river goony

We still know exactly what he's saying it's just funny as hell now.

reported

Yeah anyone saying wordfilters weren't always a thing here are either new or have flawed memory. I also remember the Mods=Gods wordfilter (from memory it was one of if not the first wordfilter used here). A shame I didn't save more of my own screencaps from those days (I distinctly remember my first post here being about post #20 or so).

holy shit is this nigger stupid lol

You're not one of those "alt-white" or whatever guys are you sempai? :^)

This should be and is a thing, for instance playing Bayonetta on baby mode doesn't net you the real ending.

>people still whining about a single word filter for one specific phrase

He was able to get past the tutorial. He's not as bad as Dean.

shoo shoo, don't contaminate the environment with mental retardation.

Dis pos able we eb shit.

Where do all these newfags even come from?

goons always expose themselves.

wew lad

I didn't even look at Holla Forums until 2015 because Holla Forums as a whole was so good.

I have been here since the five guys board thing started and have never left Holla Forums beyond that, I don't even know what most of the other boards are like.

That is very true. Often games stories are just judged on the quality of the story entirely separate from the game itself. The reviewers might as well read a wikipedia article as their way to judge the games quality if their doing that method of judging a games story. There are games that try to tie its mechanics thematically to its story; No More Heroes 1 and 2 with its different kinaesthetic feels tied to Travis's confidence and mental state story wise, Nier using its obtusely video game-y gameplay as part of the set up for which it criticizes its own medium, or something as simple Silent Hill using tank controls way past the time in which tank controls were common to make the players interaction with the game world feel unreliable and disempowering. Often those scenarios are over looked by the average journalist because they require you to think about the story and game play cohesively while I'm pretty sure the average consumer doesnt realize those connections because we just got out of a console generation with one predominant type of game that trained people to have the most basic mechanical interactions with their games story wise. Point, shoot, make choice if needed, wait for cutscene to be over. And Those average consumers took a journalism degree, and thought games media would be a fun job and all the power to them in that job but atleast put time and interest into your industry to prove atleast to the people who enjoy what can be done with video games, you have beyond surface level knowledge of the games your judging. I got really mad writing that for some reason.

but user the tutorial didnt say stand on the block, follow instruction writen in the screen and thinking for yourself is too dificult…

and yes this was deans and other journos excuse for deans lack of skill. hows is that make you feel?

Markus pls

D-don't look back

You missed out. Even on Holla Forums, you had OC, great mod/user interactions, femanons posting tits, drunks drawing on naked whores, a guy who found some random drugs on the street and decided to ingest them, raid threads, website hacking, there was even an incident where a bunch of anons got a 15 year old girl to strip down to her underwear and suck off a hairbrush. Holla Forums was shitposting Valhalla with its only competition being pre-2007 4chan. I only started coming to Holla Forums because the quality of the other boards after /baph/ drew attention to the website by doxing a federal judge, which occurred sometime in March of 2015. They freaked out and migrated to TOR, and a lot of shitposters were lost. 2015 was awful, and I thought the website would actually die out, but still it remains.

>…because of the drop in quality of the other boards after /baph/…

Westernization kills the jap.

So let's see those great American moe cartoons.

pick one.

This way too perfect to be real.

sometimes I forget people are still mad at an anime fad from 10 years ago, all anime is moe today by the way, don't watch it.

T-t-thanks, I hope the thumbnail doesnt spoil too much

it doesn't, watch it now btw

Nice b8

u wot? The biggest names in anime still ride the moe train all the way to the bank.

I don't want fags who are still asshurt about lucky star watching anime

yeah like attack the titan and sword hack. GU Online my fellow cowboy beep boop fan

there's enough talent in the anime that it's worth watching for what they bring to it, don't tell me you just limit yourself so much

Counter point, idolmaster, kemono friends, granblue fantasy, kancolle, etc.

Kek. They're aborigines though, because obviously they're in Australia.

Amazing counterpoint. I guess everyone is trash then, you exist after all.

And they only make gritty brown military shooters in the games industry anymore right

kemono friends is fantastic, strong recommendation on that one, top notch world building and satisfying problem solving scenarios and cute characters too

that said if the presence of a variety of anime art styles is enough to upset you, avoid it all and consider typing kill in console irl

Someone needs to edit a Tolberone where her arm is.

don't, protect her

Oh I like the cowboy beep boop he is my favorite giant mech. He goes beep boop boop and something big goop

The only good adaptions are anime that have heavy fight scenes. Manga will never be able to show a cool fight as well as an anime can, other than that, manga is almost always better unless the artist is a shitter. Made In Abyss definitely has fight scenes but they are not the main focus.

where did I ever say that? I'm saying that the fad is still going strong.

By and large yes, Battlefield is still one of the highest grossing games, although CoD has fallen out of favor with the masses.

I'm sure she'll be fine next episode
r-right?
I didn't read it when it was popular in the /tg/ manga threads

I don't think you are aware of who is working on the show my man, I think you gotta do some research but he's been involved in some films and productions with some of the best anime backgrounds of all time and he's acting as the background director. In fact, you might have noticed how Made in Abyss has so many flowers, well, the director and his studio literally ran a blog on the studios website about a flower of the week for years and needless to say a setting brimming with so much natural beauty has probably the most qualified person working on realizing the gorgeous art in the manga in full color animation

here's a hint: spirited away my man look into the staff behind the production, it's worth watching

watch it

The .webm you just posted makes me want to watch the show even less. The shading style they used on the character's skin with soft diffusal doesn't match well with the high quality shading of the background and makes the two feel disjointed as fuck.
background art =/= good animation

Just do both, you're gonna get bored after the manga, and I don't the the author is updating until the anime catches up.

I want Mark to bring back the NeoFAG word filter.

Why the fuck do you need to binge consume everything, and why on earth would the manga artist not continue the series will the anime is airing? One Piece has a similar situation going on and the anime suffers immensely from the fact Oda goes out of commission on a consistent basis.

Yeah, I don't.

That's the worst shit ever. I hate waiting for the next chapter, especially for monthly manga.

This is why you have more than one series, if all I did all day was wait for Made In Abyss updates I'd be living in pure hell. With multiple series at least one will be updated everyday. Not to say there's anything wrong with binge reading, I remember reading Eyeshield 21 for a week straight but that doesn't work on series like One Piece, Jojo, or Kumo desu ka, nani ga?, which could end possibly decades from now.

Does that make Darksouls the cup-head of Walk & Block?

a man got a woman pregnant. this is now newsworthy

When will this fucking meme end? This has to come from retards who don't really play games or were pampered by playing all this hand-holdey modern shit. do you really need a huge neon arrow point the correct way and glowing buttons of what to press?

This guy should just quit while he is at it. In one day he has managed to becoming the laughing stock of every even slightly serious gamer. And of course everyone has to white knight and jump in to protect the victim, instead of realizing that it's his own fault that he is in this situation and doing something to rectify it.

It's the same people again that say Dark Souls is hard, it's the same people that say a game is cheating when they die 50 times, it's the same people that throw the controller or hit the keyboard when they lose or die a bunch of times, it's the same people that used to cry "youre hacking" in multiplayer games - it's not that the game is hard, or it's cheating, it's that you suck. Stop blaming other shit for your own ineptitude and failures. Part of the fun of playing games is to learning from your mistakes and getting better by overcoming challenges and obstacles. If you can't do that, go play a visual novel or some shit.

It's just that there's nothing else I want to read/watch.

They believe they are perfect, that they are gods gift to humanity. Admitting they suck would shatter that, they actually believe they are better than "those gamers".

2 was already the beginning of the end for the series.

Living images of god stepping down on earth to lead the unwashed masses

I watched some youtube faggot play DS3. It took him over an hour to beat the Nameless King because he kept rolling and strafing left into the line of most of the boss's attacks. He got lucky and beat it after struggling and screaming and bitching that the boss was too hard, but he never learned from his mistakes. He just hit the right ratio of panicky dodging to estus consumption.

That man is the average normalfag who whines about Dark Souls being difficult. A braindead faggot who can't observe or learn simple patterns, even after having them presented again and again and again over the course of hours of gameplay. Enemies with weapons in their right hand attack from one side.. so move to the other side… But they are poisoned by a lifetime of games that have hitboxes the size of 18 wheelers and auto-lock-on homing attacks that send you right into sluggish, simple-minded enemies.

Isn't the classic definition of stupid of doing the same action over and over expecting different results?

Also, I gotta give you props for watching and hour of some youtube faggot, I couldn't even take more than 2 minutes unless they are actually good, they don't talk and they don't show their face.

Even worse I had a friend that was like that and he especially does it with his favorite game Uncharted. There is a puzzle in Uncharted 4 where you have to aling these different crosses into the three lights on the wall, it took him an hour of cursing and screaming until he was ready to quit and I played it for him and finished it in 3 minutes. Then again I guess I'm jaded cause I grew up with puzzle/adventure games. Then in Uncharted 2 during the stealth section he would run right at the enemy and then complain that it was hard and he hates stealth sections. When it gets to combat he either runs right at the enemy and says that they are cheating or runs behind a crumbled brick wall, completely exposed and gets shot to death and again says the game is cheating. Fucking retard.

I saw a youtuber fail the GUIDED, HAND HOLDED TUTORIAL of Hitman '16
Literally every single fucking mechanic and gameplay element is introduced, with a popup you need to click "I understand" to continue.
I just don't understand how much of a retard do you have to be to fail that, i thought it's retard proof.

Wrong stupid, you're talking about insanity.

That's awesome, but not what I meant.

I remember when /baph/ was just made and it was just edgy Holla Forums. That was fun, I even remember making a banner that never got in ;-;

How fucking shit some people should have just been aborted

Euthanized, it's hard to tell in prenatal stages.
I mean, there's 70 billion possible outcomes from one conception.

Words worth keeping in a screencap with a post number and date.

That is a fantastic way to do difficulty, what a great idea. I need to play R4, I remember having a blast with RR64 back in the day.

thanks user

He means that making story based game whose story and gameplay elements are completely independent of each other defeats the purpose of a of using the gaming medium for telling said story. If the gameplay is interfering with the telling of the story instead of improving on it, it may as well be a movie or book or tv show instead of a game.

An excellent example of utilizing the gaming medium to help tell your story is in using the final boss to accentuate the climactic point in your story. A good final boss should be tougher than anything you've ever fought up to that point and require you to invest a considerable amount of your time (that could be potentially be lost if you loose) while bad final bosses will fail to raise the tension and leave you with a "that's it?" kind of feeling.

A good example of effective final boss use is the final boss of Persona 3 (which, among all the persona games, is probably the most memorable). In Persona 3, the Nyx Avatar is by and by far the most strongest thing you've come up against, boasting a staggering 13 forms, two actions per round instead of one, access to every element in the game, and an effective hp pool about as big as all the other bosses in the game put together. His numerous forms and AI patterns mean that there's a very real possibility to game over in a casual normal playthrough even with preparation, and a successful fight typically takes upwards of an hour, if not 2 hours, and will have the player digging deep into their item bag for all those rare recovery items they've (hopefully) been stockpiling throughout the game. The final boss adds to the climax by instilling similar feelings into the player as those felt characters in the story; Nyx is a force unlike anything the player or the characters have ever fought before and loosing means loss of the world for the characters and means loss of 2 hours of progress for the player.

Compare the final boss of Persona 3 with a "final boss" of some trash story game like Setsuna's Sacrifice. The climactic showdown between the heroine and her villain father is marked by a couple minute long fights with some previously encountered bosses followed by an unwinnable fight against a group of endlessly respawning common enemies. While the story is moving towards a climax, the gameplay is moving towards a letdown and ultimately leaves the player with a "meh" or "that's it?" feeling when it's all over.

Ultimately, the best and most memorable moments in story based games are the ones the draw the player in by perfectly aligning the gameplay that the player is playing through with the story that is being conveyed. By removing difficulty or challenge from the game, you effectively remove any ability to convey rising tension or climax (two instrumental parts of any story) in gameplay. The gameplay effectively becomes a hindrance to the story if you can't align it with the story, and at that point, you might as well not make your story a game to begin with.

Achieving true mastery of a videogame a great feeling that future generations will miss out on it because of the ideas of people like Jim Sterling. I see that as a terrible thing.

Beating a videogame on a harder difficulty or a game with no difficulty settings is a good feeling. Your accomplishment can't be downgraded by the "heh, you could have played it on a harder/even harder difficulty". You beat the game and see the credits role and its not cheapened by an easy difficulty.

No, that's insanity.

pls no

TWELVE
GAME
OYVEYS

What's your point?
ALL OF IT IS SHIT.
Only the biggest pedos and stupidest wastes of humanity get attached to it.
The selling point it literally "little girls in skimpy outfits". Characters are flat and uninteresting, the story is crap, the settings are crap, the premise is crap.
By all means, like that shit. But don't pretend it's something it's not.
It's pure trash for the retarded.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this thread if not the fat moron who bought switch on release.

Uh oh, the >>>/neofag/ mod is using a computer. That's a parole violation.

Chronic masturbating anime pedo detected.

Sorry, try hook up with goons at >>>/somethingawful/ if you want real CP

That screencap is stupid shit for the impressionable.

It says: Ridge Racer 4 has four difficulties, whose story mirrors the skill level required to beat it. "So it's a shining example of difficulty being integrated in the story."

Wrong: it's actually 4 stories with hardlocked difficulties. That "normal" or "hard" difficulty requires precisely such and such performance skills, but that's just coded arbitrary with no respect to the player's own range of capabilities. There are younger and older players, also fucking geniuses too: in a normal game, they would adjust the difficulty slider and be merry, while in RR4 they would be forced to start from a set story\difficulty, or sleep off the lower skilled ones.

And the point about the player's personal growth is just rhetoric. Passing exams with increasing requirements isn't your own magical growth as a person: you are just being trained as a race hound. Here's what I suggest you instead: the least you can do with vidya, is to ensure you are the one playing the game and not viceversa. To end up emotionally invested in a game's increasing difficulty levels, just like in that screencap, is to be played like a tool.

There's so many things wrong with this post. You did make me respond though, so I'll give it a 3/10

You're a faggot.

I think you are all giving the first Mass Effect too much credit. It was a pretty shit game to begin with.

R4 it kinda a black sheep gameplay wise. Not bad mind you, but you do need to adjust even if you'd played every other Ridge Racer. There's no Snapping when you start drifting like every other one and can get away with taking corners.

I'd say play a Forza before hand to get in the mindframe the game wants.

Next time, don't be played like a fool by a smooth talker. You were wooed by an emotional argument like a woman.

Why?

You didn't even quote the right poster, you easily manipulated simpleton. Let me tell ya, people laughing at your non existent epeen is a warning sign to be taken seriously.

Tell me more about those divine legs.

She lives in Strangereal. Must be really fun living on a planet where the equivalent of WW2 breaks out every few years.

when did it get changed?

My meme, Di­sposab­le Wee­bsh­it. It's my pride and joy. The best part about it was that it actually caught on. I left for two months, then came and it was filtered. Dweebagoon butthurt off the charts (the filter is the most asspained, REEEEEEE screed you will ever read).

*came back

Manga cant show screams of despair either.

The worst thing about anime are the retards

She has the best legs.

You are supposed to say that you enjoy Dragon Ball

this needs to stop. I can never take this seriously.

They don't need tutorials as much as they need orders.

Compared to older anime the modern shit really is trash. To many tropes and wasted potential. There hasn't been a modern anime that's been able to wow me to a noticeable extent since Redline. And that was 95% to do with the art style and animation. The OPM anime is 5/10 at best and is incredibly fucking overrated.

I really liked Mob Psycho but I'm pretty casual with anime aside from /m/ related stuff. Even then I don't like it when those get too dark and now you have anime trying to act serious with lesbian lolis goring each other left and right.

He means that the conventional cutscene filled AAA game misses the entire point of playing the game. For a really extreme example, you should look at Red Dead Redemption. When that game came out, Rockstar did a promotion where you could watch a 30 minute "movie" which was quite literally all of the cutscenes from the first part of the game mashed together with no gameplay, which goes to show you how little the gameplay matters in relation to the story. I enjoyed playing RDR, but it had fun gameplay and enjoyable story elements that barely interacted with one another. Sure, you could do quests and watch things happen, but it really just makes no difference in the end; it really is just a theme park where you "go here talk to this guy shoot some spics and then cutscenes happen" with no differences across playthroughs or anything. It just so happens that it's a theme park with mostly fun rides. On the other hand, games like Fallout 1 tie the narrative into the gameplay very well, regardless of difficulty.

"Narrativism" (the idea that gameplay is simply a distraction to allow the devs to "reward" you with cutscenes) is cancer.

Murder is badong, there's no way over this.

of course.

Soundtracks are important too. Non Non Biyori is already comfy to read. But watching it with the comfy soundtrack in a whole other experience.

That show was entertaining at least. Even if you don't take it seriously, there were still some entertaining moments. Like when La Pucelle got his assed ruined by Cranberry or anything Swimswim related. There were some characters I think should have lasted a little longer as they had some interesting abilities. I guess I'll just read the light novel.

Of course you're not going to find much like Redline. It took years to make and most of the animation was hand crafted. Most studios don't have the time or money to make something like that. Especially when they can make something good (not great) animation wise and make just as much money.

Any recommendations? While I am enjoying Gundam Thunderbolt, I would like some other mecha. Xabungle is pretty fun too but I have yet to finish it.

Reminder that Dylan Roof killed a gun grabbing senator and did nothing wrong.

Abnormal hormone levels in the womb can cause life-long health issues and deformities.

you can't make this shit up

Who was replaced by another who had an excuse to grab guns then. Congrats.