Comfy vidya

I've got 3 weeks of vacation couped up in my shitty apartment and I am wholly unable to de-stress, give me comfy vidya tips that help you relax.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ve9EIlwIXIE&list=PLz8IgidXTGlEeweiUlC-6UgkwB1BROJhQ&index=8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This tumblr memeword and the people who say it unironically are autistic or transgender.

I've never had comfy and if I did, I hated it.

Also could have helped if you described what kind of vidya you like OP.

I'll play anything. Tried some Banished which is pretty comfy but also tapers out in terms of entertainment pretty quickly.

I've got Dead State sitting on GoG, is it still shit? Surviving the apocalypse seems like it might be comfy.

play THIEF, put on some good music in the background and enjoy, the cathedral and the sword are the best fucking missions, when I played it, it was so fucking comfy I could've fallen asleep

I've found the Etrian Odyssey series to be pretty comfy, but I played it on DS (via flashcart), so I doubt emulating it is as satisfactory.

No better way to lose time than exploring dangerous depths with a comfy map theme and gradually overcoming whatever hindrances stand in your way.

Holy shit. Anyone who uses this forced memeword is autistic. OP confirmed newfag who sucks the fake strap on dicks of ftm transexuals daily. Sage.

If you like Banished then I recommend RimWorld. Much more personal, unforgiving, and a huge range of mods are out there.

Or pic related (starting with the original)

DOOM

Looks pretty comfy.

Rimworld is pretty comfy on the easier settings but I feel it gets pretty autistic once you crank up the difficulty. I'll probably play a few games though, thanks user.

Pretty much seems you're a person throwing autistic hissy-fits here, user.

cuckchan newfags forcing a meme that originated from tumblr and defending it like a true autist are here.

The games also feature cute lolis

Maybe you originate from those parts since you seem to have such a keen history of them.

What's up with all these fags screeching "comfy is tumblr"? Comfy's been around here way more time than you.
Also, end your misery and off yourself, thank you.

holy shit.

These threads are massive circlejerks on par with 4am generals. The word symbolizes autism, diversity and circlejerking. Kill yourself trannyfaggot.

Ah, you're just fishing.

Try subnautica, it's pretty comfy

Still early access, is it worth it?

Level 5 games are pretty comfy cozy. Ni No Kuni or Fantasy Life are good if you don't mind lengthy RPGs with meh-ish combat.

Sure, base building and exploration are neat, torrent it first and see if you like it

Calm your autism, brodrigo.

Some other Anons will probably disagree with me on this but I actually find the Etrian Odyssey series to be pretty comfy. The soundtrack combined with the art style and the idea of making an honest living as an adventurer really do it for me.

It's been around for years faggots.

And as for the actual topic:
Can't go wrong there, if you don't own a 3ds you can always emulate the original via dolphin and it's arguably better anyway
It's a bit of a meme, but there's a reason it exploded with popularity.
That's for when you really want to chill, you need to invest very little thought into the game and I found myself playing quite a bit.
Pro tip: you can add streams of your own choosing as radio stations in game by adding a line to some text file in the game directory.
VERY comfy.
Some user suggested it, and it really is one of the comfiest dungeon crawlers out there.
However, if you don't have a DS you can give up on it, since it won't translate as well on an emulator.

That's just from the top of my head, it's hot as shit and I can't think about comfy right now.

I think My Summer Car might also be worth mentioning. Whenever I got past the absurdity of it I found it to be almost meditative when you add your own music to the game's radio to sit and build your car piece by piece. Makes me kind of wish there was a similarly complicated game where instead of working on a car you would work as a village carpenter, repairing wagons, mills, water wheels, or other such mechanisms.

it's just this one guy, don't worry about it

Subnautica can be comfy if you're a chill dude. For me it's part comfy part stress. If you just want to swim without getting went, a lot of people have been recommending ABZU, it even pops up on a search result in Steam if you search for "Subnautica".
I've no idea what the game is like, so you're on your own, which is probably for the best in this case.

If you have a controller, I suggest you pop GTA: Chinatown Wars into PPSSPP and do drug runs. Missions can be frustrating and driving is kinda wonky, but if you grew up with the original GTA 1 and 2 then your eyes will adjust soon enough. Drug running is somehow very soothing even if it is repetitious. I usually listen to Opie and Anthony recordings on youtube while I play, makes up for the lack of spoken radio in-game.

Paper Mario is pretty comfy if you have the right mindset about it. It's not anime tier cutesy, but it has it's fair share of "Oh come on, get on with this silly ass dialogue already!". I'm not an RPG guy, but this is one of like 3 RPGs I've ever beaten.

If you like snow, play Max Payne.
If you like sand, play Journey.
If you like concrete, play Burnout 3 or Legends on PPSSPP (it's pretty much the same game with elements of 1 and 2 iirc). Or Paradise.
If you like concrete, but Burnout is too fast, play Euro Truck Simulator 2.
If you like trucking, but hate concrete, play Elite Dangerous.

This is pretty much the living god of the comfy genre

Etrian is very comfy, can confirm

That might be a weird one but I always thought Gothic 2 was very comfy. It believe it was the combination of great music, reactive world and great npcs that made it for me.

unholy heights
neo turf masters
downwell
initial d
lumines
shmups can also be very comfy but they make me dizzy

eo is great, it's a shame no one else ever picked up the map making gimmick. the fark spire is also good
>youtube.com/watch?v=ve9EIlwIXIE&list=PLz8IgidXTGlEeweiUlC-6UgkwB1BROJhQ&index=8

do the layton games hold up for adults? the music & aesthetic are really nice

Witcher 3 might not be the best game, but when it rains and you're inside a cabin or a novigrad building. Hoo boy.

You played Banished with the Colonial Charter mod, right? Basically it adds resources tiers and more positions.
But any game with that fall setting or aesthetic is pretty comfy to me. I could also good for a good futuristic city sim.