Super Mario 64 Online

youtu.be/eYAmnGSmKtw
Guide

Just saw this got released, I have no idea where it came from but it seems it might be fun to try with Holla Forums.
I'll be trying to host a server, the IP is: 192.168.2.18
and the port is 8000

Other urls found in this thread:

sm64o.com/
my.mixtape.moe/korljd.zip
dropbox.com/s/eofviw4ior0lfld/Super Mario 64 Online.zip?dl=0
yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
discord.gg/5rV4gAu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It came from the guy in your video, dude.
Russian guy, Kaze, is actually pretty cool.

Ok, so the thread won't devolve into autistic shitposting about e-drama. Cool.

sm64o.com/

Thankfully not. Maybe some half a press jokes here and there, but it won't go the deep end I hope.

Anyway, I hope people can actually connect. I made sure I portforwarded but I have a sneaking suspicion there's still something wrong.

So how do you even play super mario 64 as a nnnultiplayer game?

But Mario 64 doesn't even work as a multiplayer game.

i'll take the bait, that's a lan ip and you're retarded

You download the program in the youtube link, it patches the default rom of the game so it can be played online.

I am indeed retarded, try 86.92.77.161

OP here, I have made the server for sure now. Able to select different characters and my port is forwarded. Just need other anons to come and play.

Wooo we actually have a game going.

cool, mite try this out

here's the M64 NTSC-U rom
my.mixtape.moe/korljd.zip

why

dropbox.com/s/eofviw4ior0lfld/Super Mario 64 Online.zip?dl=0

found this mirror to the online tool somewhere buried in the youtube comments, the guys site seems to be down due to high traffic

It's one of the versions that isn't begware.

Did they make Daisy unplayable on purpose as a joke? I mean, they made Rosalina playable.

I might be game for this later, looks like fun

Who doing /noAbuttonrun/?

No like, Mupen64++ is better

Does it work on linux?

I recognized it as such too, but how does you go from your public ip into a local area ip? This step always confused me. Like couldn't you use the same address for both

You can always look up what your WAN IP address is from Jewgle. The LAN IP is different because it's used only by other computers to talk to eachother through your router, not your modem. The router routs the local addresses to the modem that assigns it a WAN address

see:

You use your public IP, and you have your router port forward it to your machine's private IP.
So, someone trying to connect to your serb looks like this:
Guest -> Public IP -> Router -> Local IP -> Your machine
That's how I understand it anyways.

It says I logged in but then freezes when I select the file. Got the right rom, right emulator, not sure what the problem is. Any help?

Okay I changed my character to Mario and was able to load the first area. No one was there, and then going into the castle made it crash. Really confused.

Are you a retard?

Fags

I'm in.

What causes the unhandled exception error?

I connected to the IP address and got in game but my Yoshi is invisible. Any idea about the cause? Is it because the server isn't even up?

sounds like the most autistic mmo since Run Escape

Serb up at:

No idea how long I'll keep it up though

I'll leave it up over night in case anyone wants to join. Bear in mind you need an existing save (at least one star) in game to be able to join or host a game.

I'm getting some error like this when trying to connect, any ideas?

I thought I had the port forwarding set up correctly but now I'm not sure. Trying to figure it out now.

You can use yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to check if port 8000 is open.

Ok, so is anyone hosting a server atm?

It said it was indeed open when I checked it hours back but no one could join. Maybe I needed to reset my computer after forcing IPv4 or something.

IP: 90.146.58.113
Port: 8000

ip: 76.236.40.9
port: 27015
Someone tell me if it works.

Fuck nevermind, give me five minutes.

do you need to install project64 to make it work?

PRO-TIP:
You can just open project64.cfg with notepad and change "Run Count=" to "Run Count=-1". No more begging. Or you could just use Mupen64Plus like a heterosexual.

Okay it should work for real this time.

it's compatible with mupen64 and a few other emus, the dev just uses pj64 as an example.

Holy fucking shit is Daisy the most cucked character of all time? She should just become a Sanic character at this point

she wasn't even brown in the fucking games those renders are from

217.82.155.57, port 1488
Is it playable?

Yea she was. She was also brown in her MP3 Model. They could of used that so I could play as a nice auburn haired tan princess and not two blonde bitches who look alike.

Someone host a fucking serb I swear to god I'm gonna shit It works fine for me on LAN, I don't know why port forwarding isn't doing shit for me

Any of you niggers playing this shit?

i played it a little bit with my friend but turns out the enemies aren't even sync'd so the novelty wears off real fast. All you can do is race basically.

24.19.77.185:8000
discord.gg/5rV4gAu
You can observe actual reeeeee autistics in discord if you join a game, make yourself invincible, uncap max frame rate and then kill players. The uncapped frame rate will eventually crash any server.

Yeah.. sometimes I type like I talk on general discussion boards. Weird isn't it

see

It's "could've".

4 player server

Here's a discord because the tool's chat is gay, but I'm open to other chat methods. discord.gg/vFe4b4c

I got the EmuCR version of Project64 v2.4.0.999, and there's 2 files, one of which is cfg.development. What do I do?

Well this is a massive bag of gay

Any active serbs right now?

That could in theory be an easy fix. Just patch the game to remove all the NPCs client side and have the server software sync NPCs to the host. There might even already be a gameshark code to remove all the enemies already but I haven't bothered looking

Finally got on a server I found on the forums, it's pretty novel. But it's very wonky. All the models are flickering like crazy, and while you CAN beat the shit out of people, because the reactions can be delayed and because they give you no audible feedback, you can't really tell wither or not you're even hurting them.

Lmao, Nintendo took one of his videos down

cdn.use at your own risk discordapp.com/attachments/3…e_v1.3.zip 1.3 Tool

I know Holla Forums doesn't play games, but it just works now.

cdn.use at your own risk discordapp.com/attachments/354360795368521730/358694650237681674/Super_Mario_64_Online_v1.3.zip