Morrowind

I'm going to play Morrowind for the first time, should use mods to improve the experience? and if so, which mods?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14891/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42619/?
max99x.com/morrowind/complete-morrowind
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/6006/
tamriel-rebuilt.org/
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41102/?
openmw.org/downloads/
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/top/
mw.modhistory.com/download
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43477/
bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/issues
en.uesp.net/wiki/General:Ted_Peterson
archive.is/KBjqm
archive.is/ZDxRu
youtube.com/watch?v=tEPYlJLvcEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

bump

There's a bug fixing mod that came out recently at nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096 , and it'll be recommended that you swap out the base Fallout 4 Morrowind engine for OpenMW for further bug fixes, multi-platform support, graphical improvements, and quality of life stuff like FoV control, but neither of those are really essential if they're a fuss.

Do it vanilla at first, just like stalker. Then mod it. I think there might be bug fixes but they escape me at the moment.

MPP
MCP
exe optimizer
MWMM
MGE XE
mlox

MGSO is shit

Just the delayed brotherhood attack and the solstheim rumor fix. Both fix shit introduced by an expansion, if you play with those you get the actual vanilla experience instead of some oversight from bethesda fucking you over.

Wait, actually, here's something that's really fucking essential. One of the game's expansion packs, intended for its quests to be played after you finish the base game's main quest, is scripted to spawn assassins on you as its way of starting you off on its quests. Except that those assassins are scripted to spawn from the moment you start the game. I don't think the bug fixing mod I linked touches that (… is it a bug or is it just a batshit design decision? Who knows.) so get one of these two mods either to make the assassins only start appearing once you've finished the base game's main quest or to integrate the assassins into the base game better:
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14891/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42619/?

See, this is the fuckton of shit you have to install if you don't just choose OpenMW.

*the fuckton of shit you have to install to replicate what you get from OpenMW if you don't just choose OpenMW

Use OpenMW so it's free as in freedom.

Get Complete Morrowind (adds lots of crafting features) and Tamriel Rebuilt.
If you want more roaming npcs - Morrowind Comes Alive.

Complete Morrowind
max99x.com/morrowind/complete-morrowind

Morrowind Comes Alive
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/6006/

Tamriel Rebuilt
tamriel-rebuilt.org/

If you want better graphics use MGE XE
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41102/?

If you want better performance over graphics use OpenMW instead
openmw.org/downloads/

If you want top tier graphics try this mod (its not my personal preference, but its quite popular):
www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?

Don't forget to check top files on this website:
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/top/
And this website:
mw.modhistory.com/download

And no, there are no good combat mods.

Heh, those assassins are so ridiculous.
If the assassins spawning at the start of the game aren't a bug then I have no idea what they were thinking.

Because you're not supposed by game balance to have tribunal installed yet. Those assassin's are intended for those who played the base game already and THEN installed tribunal. You should install a mod that disables them until certain level. There are few of them, this is the most recent one i think:
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43477/

they actually scale to your level, to the point of having deadly assassin encounters on high levels since 5+ can spawn, 3 of them keep paralizing you with their enchanted daggers while the other 2 poison you to death.
Hope you have an argonian or high reflect/spell absorb or else ur fucked.

the mods in the list are easy to implement, and he will learn to find and navigate mod repositories while searching for them.

please don't actually add all this stuff to a first play through.

I think the expansion was supposed to be activated after the player beat the base game and purchased the physical CD for it. But no one does it that way now.

Eh, i think installing loads of mods on first playthrough may be unpopular thing, but as long as they are stable is actually useful. You make a powerful character and go through content of many mods while at it, instead of losing your character to start playthrough with new set of mods.
I didn't regret playing new vegas with mods first time. Sometimes there are mods that require you start new game or they will be really unstable. I believe its not a good idea to start fresh when you are going to install shit anyway. Especially going over and over through bethesda quests can be very fucking boring, even in morrowind.

my rationale for starting with only "under the hood" mods:
this game is really slow unless you know what you're doing so I say just let him fuck around with a few characters until he finds what he likes

This thread yet again and, just like always, nobody has mentioned the ONE AND ONLY unarguably essential mod: the Solstheim rumor fix. The game is actually less vanilla without it.

Or maybe its because everyone(including you) always ignores me when I recommend that one.

You might as well play it in 640x480 and without expansions. And on windows xp..

While Open FO4 is playable, it still has a lot of bugs itself doesn't it?

They keep saying it's 100% playable but I'm not playing until 1.0. They just fixed idles NPCs. Guess it's not much worse than an official Bethesda release though.

First time?

OpenMW
Morrowind unofficial patch (+ the ones for expansions)
delayed brotherhood attack
solstheim rumor fix
Bitter Coast Sounds

That's all you need.

Solstheim rumor fix. Nothing else.

Also, stop bumping your thread every few minutes. This isn't halfchan, you disgusting crossposter fuck.

game files aren't free

"Free as in freedom" refers to software exclusively. So the "game files" aren't relevant.

Morrowind Code Patch is nice to have even if you just want a vanilla experience.

You didn't post it loud enough.

The installations of Morrowind gotta be littered with the broken fingers of modders. Todd Howard, aka Honest Abe, ain't my developer. He is incompetent and probably gay. Almsivi

I know I fucked it up, but shitposting from work isn't easy

do the mods for MW work with OpenMW as well? I never played MW as well.

Don't, it's a shit game

Some do some dont

All the ones that don't depend on script extender do.

What makes OpenMW better than normal install?

From what I have heard is it's basically more stable than a regular install so you will not crash as much even with a lot of mods. Basically morrowind if bethesda knew how to code.

Written and compiled on/for modern systems. Actively maintained. Open source(portable to your OS of choice).

HOWEVER
It's not finished yet, as such there are differences in it that are not in Bethesda's engine.
bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/issues

This. There aren't enough mods around to fix that piece of shit. Believe me, I've been trying to turn it into a good game for over a decade and have yet to succeed.

Their release commentary videos might give a good idea as to what kind of differences you can expect.

Lads, which Great House should I join?

Telvanni

telvanni

Even if I'm a fighter?

I've never seen Hlaalu spelled that way before.

were you thinking of being a redoran or something

n'wah

Yeah, that was my initial idea. I'm not sure now, though. I've never gotten far enough into Morrowind to join a house before.

you're gonna eventually end up spamming fortify int potions regardless of your class anyway, your house doesn't matter

I am dedicated to playing a dumb Redguard warrior.

In all my playthroughs I have only done this once

Ok, I get it now, thanks

have fun with gaenor

what happened to the Holla Forums morrowind online server?

Telvanni is the only acceptable answer.

Nice to see some mer with good taste here.

Don't you have some Imperial assholes to lick, brown-nose?

Fight me. :^)

Morrowind mods (including the game's official expansions) work the same way the base game does. It would be difficult to support the base game without supporting mods.

Like everyone said, Bethesda expected everyone who installed the expansion to have a save that was far in the game already. They did a similar thing with Bloodmoon, where most rumors that point you toward side quests are replaced with a short rumor pointing you towards the Bloodmoon content. It's typical Bethesda incompetence/laziness.

It's not too late to learn magic.

Just play MP.

I'd rather have my nose up the emperor's ass and a purse full of gold than be sitting in a dank cave in Molag Amur, somewhere, with my head completely up my own ass.

How's all that wealth and power feel? Oh wait, there is no more House Hlaalu. Shame about that.

Post-Morrowind lore doesn't exist.

Is that mod good yet

You have to go back

Telvanni is the most interesting. All the interesting stuff from the other two is reused in the main quest anyways.

Possibly. Haven't played in almost a year.

So is OpenMW actually 'finished' now? I've never actually tried it and have been waiting around for years now to do another Morrowind playthrough when it was out and in a decently completed state.

It's not entirely finished, but it's so close you'll barely notice a difference.

Fucking Mages guild leftist niggers warned me of wrongthought when I asked about the Telvanni.

Everyone suggests the Solstheim rumor fix and something to delay dark brotherhood assassins but the true way to play Morrowind is uninstall the expansions, they're as shit as future Bethesda games.

For any who don't know Kirkbride left the company before they began working on those.

But werewolves.

Tribunal is a good expansion though

No thanks

What about the writing, inconsistent art direction, and awful level design?

Well I agree with awful level design, especially the Clockwork City. I remember seeing it for the first time and being really disappointed. The whole expansion is still leagues above Bloodmoon, though. Aside from learning the lore for the first time the entirety of Solstheim is such a slog.

The AI has some issues and there are some missing graphical effects. Otherwise it is done.

what ever happened to morrowind 2?
It's like the guy doing it just decided to wipe it all away for no reason at all.
Which is strange considering how much work must have gone into dickering around with that.

Have you not been following Tribunal Code Patch?

FIGHTERS ETERNALLY BTFO

>being a servile Jew
Money can't buy you strength, intelligence, or CHIM, N'wah.

Don't do this to yourself.

Tips from someone who recently started:
Pay attention. The game isn't out to get you - it gives you useful advice, such as:
Don't try to fight with low fatigue.
Don't try to fight using shit you're not skilled in (so, make sure you have at least one combat thing from chargen).
It's kind of hard to start out with only marksman - you're better off with destruction or some kind of weapon skill.
JOIN A FACTION (other than just blades - listen to the blades recruiter guy). They're good. They help you out.

Oh, and you'll probably want to grind athletics and acrobatics for a little bit. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Being a pajeet elf truly is suffering.

Scrub!

Not always perfectly though. My favourite level mod GCD doesn't, or at least didn't a year back.

Always Telvanni. Best stronghold, best rewards. Redoran might appeal to people of a certain bent. Hlaalu are a bunch of money-grubbler scum.

Or just grind alchemy and fortify your speed. Even if you don't stoop to potion stacking it helps a lot.

What's the best way to grind alchemy? Is it possible to buy ingredients, brew a potion, and make back your money by selling them the potion, or do you need high merchantile?

Basically but that's for vanilla, and may not apply to some mods. Firstly steal the master level alchemy tools from the Mages Guild in Caldera. From there I normally go to Nalcarya's shop in Balmora and buy scales and muck to mix together since they're restocking and cheap, and she has weak mercantile and a lot of gold.

I'd also advise training it up to 20 before starting or you'll burn a fair bit of gold failing to make them. Alternatively, make fortify intelligence potions (ash yams+netch leather) and stack them to improve your potion making beforehand.

The sad thing is the werebeasts in Daggerfall were more than that.

Read the thread, I am a fighter.

Kirkbride is a hack, though. His writing is only good when under the watch of other writers and devs. You really shouldn't be using his presence or lack thereof as an indicator as to if something is shit or not.

play Gothic or any Wizardry game instead

Kirkbride is a genius that needs a filter and he's the only genius that worked there, everything in Morrowind that was worth a damn originates from him and this is clear when you look at the severe drop in writing/art quality in the expansions and future TES games.

I would recommend Windows XP because of hardware audio.

Dead wrong. Morrowind was in development since before Kirkbride could even write for TES. Ted Peterson and the early writers for TES were debating on whether to make the game in Morrowind or Daggerfall, and later decided on Daggerfall after already having started their work on early Morrowind. What Kirkbride did was draw commission art of what was already planned. If you're looking for alien landscapes similar to Morrowind, Shivering Isles had that too. If you're such a Kirkbride connoisseur, then you should play ESO. Not only did Kirkbride write essential characters for ESO (Elenwen), but he also endorses and is friends with zenimax. Or maybe you're more interested in Kirkbride's work for Star Wars. Eitherway you can fuck right off.

Just because modern Kirkbride is shit doesn't mean he wasn't integral to Morrowind's success, and just because Morrowind started development before he joined in doesn't mean he wasn't a big influence there. Kirkbride gave us the good parts of TES metaphysics and his original concepts are 90% of the reason why the game looks good. Yes it was planned to have stuff like Silt Striders and the Telvanni but it was he who figured what they should look like.

Morrowind's gameplay, half of its art (outlander stuff), and most of its writing are mediocre at best and absolute shit at worst. The only redeeming parts of the game are the ones influenced by MK so yes I'll attribute its success to him not to praise him but to insult the rest of Bethesda.

Do you even have any clue what Kirkbride contributed? Concept art of how silt striders and the great houses would look like existed before Kirkbride, you only have to cross reference Kirkbride's art with Morrowind's Collector's Edition booklet to figure that out. Kirkbride wasn't even a writer for Morrowind, all he did was write the LOLSORANDUMXDD books. In fact one of the real writers admitted to writing a bunch of gibberish and called it Sermon 0, put it in game, and as expected no one even figured out that it wasn't Kirkbride who wrote it. Kirkbride is dumblr tier. Is and always has been.

You are absolutely retarded.
Lets see the list of the stuff he wrote:
FOR REDGUARD:
The Firmament
For Morrowind:

The 36 Lessons of Vivec
Aedra and Daedra
The Annotated Anuad (with Kurt Kuhlmann)
Arcturian Heresy
The Changed Ones
Children of the Sky (with Richard Guy)
Five Songs of King Wulfharth
The House of Troubles
The Lunar Lorkhan
The Monomyth
Mysterious Akavir
Sithis
Spirit of Nirn, God of Mortals
The True Nature of Orcs
Varieties of Faith in the Empire
Vivec and Mephala
The Warrior's Charge
Where Were You When the Dragon Broke?

Now, let me quote your post:
I'm not that user and I don't care to continue debating it, but just on this most trivial issue I want to tell you you're an idiot of the highest order and that everything you wrote is trash.

Morrowind had 3 writers and Kirkbride wasn't one of them you fucking idiot. All those books you mention are worthless fluff, some of them being just straight up retarded. Kirkbride is also the guy who tried to make Nords look like some aztec bullshit and tried to introduce chivalry chimps into Valenwood.

This is the man Kikebride considers to be the best writer in the world. Kuhlmann is responsible for the main plot of Fallout 3 and 4.

And these books are fucking trash that has little bearing on the actual TES universe. The man who wrote the meat of this world is Ted Peterson. All the folk tales and legends, many actual historical events as opposed to dude speculations lmao.

en.uesp.net/wiki/General:Ted_Peterson

"Additional Writing" refers to the books you fucking idiot. That's why Ted Peterson is on there too despite leaving Bethesda right after the release of Daggerfall.

You idiot. The one responsible for Fallout was Emil Pagliarulo who joined Beth during the Bloodmoon era. For the third time, after the other user blew you the fuck out; you don't know what you're talking about.

You should learn how to check ID's, kirkbride cuck.

Nah, this guy ain't me

Kirkbride may be a retard, but you're just flat out wrong.

Is that so? Since the beginning, Beth writers create the game plot as they construct the quests and their stages, and this is confirmed by interviews with Douglas Goodall and Todd. Now look at that, Kuhlmann being credited with actual quest writing, not additional writing (ie terminals and notes): archive.is/KBjqm

Kuhlmann is also the lead designer of vault workshop and contraption workshop DLCs. The vault one in particular shits all over established lore not only in F1, but also vanilla F4, where it's mentioned how vault construction took years, manpower and insane budget.

He means he isn't , dingus.

My God, one of the most important people in Beth had a hand in everything on every Beth game. If you actually look at game's respective credits and actually read a few more interviews, you'll know it's Emil and Todd who ruined Fallout's writing.

There's absolutely no reason to defend Kuhlmann, especially when Kirkbride is known to have shitty friends to begin with.
It's pretty straight-forward, if you're into pretentious metaphysics with transvestite gods, ridiculous Mary Sues, and a fictional universe where literally anything could happen, and everyone's lore is correct, then go ahead and continue shilling for Kirkbride. If you actually give a fuck about the TES worldbuilding proper, then you've got Ted Peterson to thank for giving you that before leaving Bethesda after Daggerfall.

the mod that makes it so your attributes level to max instead of depending on how much you put into training skills so you font have to min max what you are doing as you level

but really no mods the first time

I see you also enjoy the pleasant scenery, lemme show you some of mine.

Don't listen to user about marksmans. Join the fighters guild, grab a steel crossbow from a merchant and go. Fighters guild has a chest with replenishing supplies (like potions and bolts).

Near Hla Oad, there is a crypt. Inside you can also find a full master alchemy set, thought there is a caster who will fuck you up with stat weakening spells.

I honestly think the game would have benefited if it was smaller, but still kept the dungeon / npc / item number, making it denser. I associate swamps with thick foliage and density that you could easily get lost in

This reminds me. I haven't done my obnoxious huge screenshot dump in a while. See you on the dark side of Masser, Morrowthread.

There's nothing creative or original in shifting a norse inspired culture to aztec and hindu bullshit, you ridiculous idiot. If you want to see a true TES concept artist's work, you can just look at the one who designed Shivering Isles. Pics related shit all over Kikebride's kiddie tier bullshit.

Shivering Isles is part of the problem. It was shit as was its meme "art"

Oh boy. Move over, Silent Hill.

Is this the same work as the FO3 guy?

The meme here is only Kikebride and his retarded fetish for hinduism and abo art.

You haven't seen anything.

The only meme here is that lol so twisted impressionism you're posting. It looks horrible and unfitting any conception of Elder Scrolls except CHEESE MEMES Sheogorath. Back to Skyrim with you.

What makes morrowind indoor areas so comfy? Is it the earthen hues? The soft edged architecture? The dim lighting?

It's the fact that you aren't in danger of sending every small object flying if you move the wrong way.

The first pic is Spider Forest from Baldur's Gate, right? :^)

I started the TES series with Morrowank, I'm just not a hipster retard who thinks Kikebride's monochromatic palette is the be all end all of alien (hindu) looking shit.

How about we make a comparison? Pictures 1, and 2 vs pic 3 (Kikebride's).

You're an idiot. You know why nobody responded to yesterday's criticisms of Morrowind? Because there's no argument there, just calling it all shit.

I've got some top tier artwork from Kirkbride saved that can measure up to anything Adam made. But I'm not gonna counter a thing you post. You'll have to take my word for it.

By what criteria, exactly, are we judging these pictures? Originality? Because Shivering Isles was just a cheap pull for nostalgia purchases by copying Morrowind's scenery.

I didn't even criticize Morrowank, I criticized Kikebride. It's just that Holla Forums likes to associate Morrowank with Kikebride because they mistakenly think that Kikebribe is the genius behind it all. Morrowank's theme was already established since the time Daggerfall started getting made.

It's a place where mushrooms grow tall as trees and bugs are big enough to ride. It's basically "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" in a fantasy setting. Of course it's going to seem alien in a market where every fantasy RPG follows the same formula set by DnD. However, in the scheme of things, it's nothing too eye-opening.

Believe what? That there was already a plan for Morrowank since before Daggerfall's creation? That's a well-known fact.

Sinder Velvin:

Ted Peterson:

Also,
But, again, I come back to the unique (and I use that word very seldom) atmosphere and look of Morrowind, which I can't think of any comparisons to.
(April, 2001)

Why are you clogging up the thread with off topic pastas?

It's about Morrowind and the truth behind its production, how it was planned out and since before Daggerfall and how the result was accurate to the original plans, its as on-topic to Morrowind as it gets.

That's not what I'm seeing. All I see is a few vague concepts that were shelved in the Daggerfall era and a game that was made basically from scratch a few years and two games later in the post Redguard, Kirkbride era.

You're really just making this guy look better with your no-effort rebuttals.

It really has nothing to do with your above point that the concept artist for Shivering Isles had more creative ideas than Kirkbride. But how can that be when all he does is copy what was already in Morrowind? You're not very convincing.
Morrowind would have looked completely different without Kirkbride and his influences, even if he wasn't the only influence. And, whatever Morrowind turned out to be, Shivering Isles guy would have simply copy-pasted it.

Don't downplay what Ted Peterson did for the Elder Scrolls universe.

Then there's this key phrase by Peterson who left after Daggerfall, and before Kikebride joined (he still wrote books for Morrowind, though)

Yes and Dagoth Ur was named after the mountain from Arena. And the Blades were just a gladiatorial team in Arena. You're not proving anything by namedropping a few words we find familiar. The truth is that Bethesda has nor did it ever have a long term vision for the series and the best you can do is separate it by the different affinity/focus they had in various eras.

The main plan for Daggerfall was to be an expansive, but normal fantasy. For Morrowind it was to be weird and different. Both succeeded in their vision. That's what he's saying. By the way, Tedders also wrote for Oblivion, not just Morrowind.

I'm saying that there is nothing special about Kikebride's concept art when the general atmosphere was already established since before he got commissioned to draw up the art. All his non-commissioned art is generally extremely weak, just look through his tumblr. I should also clarify that Ted Peterson's quote about Morrowind's unique atmosphere was before the game's release, and before anything Kirkbride did meeting the light of day.

You're ignoring what he put in front of your face. Peterson is quoted, in 2001, as saying that there is not much difference between the current version of Morrowind and the one he was working on pre-Daggerfall.

You realize Tamriel was a land they created for their DnD games, right?

Depends.

If you're going for a Vanilla experience, install OpenMW (fully playable and has less bugs and glitches than Bethesda's shitass Gamebryo version).

If you want your game prettied up, then go install Morrowind Overhaul, about as far as I remember.

Since you're that fuckign stupid, let me break this down for you:

1) Kirkbride invented Talos, the ninth divine and basically the Empire as we know it single handedly. This wasn't in any Daggerfall era documents. Bethesda no doubt had in mind some kind of an Imperial Cult, but all the details and theology was made basically by MK himself.
2) The Firmanent he wrote for Redguard, along with a few out of game texts that defined cosmology of the stars, holes to Aetherius and such. This wasn't in original Morrowind plans either.
3) We can't know if orcs were initially planned as a playable race, but their basic lore was written into the game by Kirkbride thru ingame books.
4) The concept of Dragon Break and arguably one of the the best books in the whole series, Where Were You When the Dragon Broke? was his baby and no one's else's. This is another thing they hadn't had before he joined the team.
5) Kirkbride single handedly rewrote theology of all species in Tamriel through his works such as Varieties of Faith, Arcturian Heresy, Sithis etc. None of these things would've ended up as they were without his later contributions in the development cycle.
6) Lore of the Tribunal was really deepened by his ingame works like Vivec and Mephala and House of Troubles and various out of game works posted on the official forums back in the day.
7) CHIM, Muatra, 36 Lessons and such exist only because of him.
8) Kirkbride single handedly wrote Redguard lore himself.

I could continue but the point should be obvious. You can cry about muh concept of a Morrowind game with Dagoth Ur and a weird religion and mushrooms all you want, but Kirkbride overhauled half the lore himself and without him Morrowind would be a completely different game. I don't care if you want to bring up Tedders because this argument is only about Kirkbride because you and two other anons sperged out about him. Don't use him as a deflection.
If you want to respond with that, don't. Reread my eight points and contemplate how different the world would be without Kirkbride. He was not some off-hand wacko they let write a few small books.

I said this same thing. I'm not insulting Kirkbride, but the geography, cities, politics and daedra were all there. Kirkbride left a big mark on Morrowind but Morrowind is not Kirkbride. Furthermore, the sperg you were arguing with was kissing the ass of the Shivering Isles artist and you caught his red herring and gobbled it down when he realized he had no arguments.

Tiber Septim/Talos was written by Ted Peterson and appeared in the book "Brief History of the Empire" in Daggerfall.
M-MUH LIBERAL ARTS ASTROLOGY DEGREE!! It's not like tons of other rpgs like FF Tactics use the same systems.
The only thing Kikebride included about orcs is that they are the literal children of Mephala's excrement. It's not bad, it's ridiculously funny. I'll give you this one.
The Dragon Break existed way before Kirkbride and tied into old team's attempts at making Daggerfall's endings make sense. Kirkbride just wrote a shitty book about it.
Fucking lol.
And they're all pretentious metaphysical garbage for hipster college students.
Yeah, like how he made Vivec a tranny. Such depth.
And they're all pretentious metaphysical garbage for hipster college students.
You even play that game? Both the lore and the story are absolute shit, that's why you never hear anything about it. Cyrus is a timey-wimey Doctor Who fighting against the whitey governor for his pirate homeys.

Motherfucker, your sperg ass wouldn't have the patience for all the reading and studying Kirkbride did to understand the Vedic texts the way he does. And Tiber Septim wasn't Talos until TES: 3.

You're beyond retarded. The Empire existed from the very first game, and Uriel Septim VII (the same one who dies in Oblivion) was the emperor in both Arena and Daggerfall. In Daggerfall he gives you a totem of Tiber Septim, the god-emperor, before sending you to High Rock. This totem was used to power the original Numidium. Kikebride is a fucking hack who rehashed Daggerfall's plot points. He stole Numidium and swapped Talos for Dagoth Ur. Imperial cult also existed. Peak of creativity.

Not surprised, Kikebride has a unique talent in fooling people who aren't used to liberal arts bullshit. His metaphysical stuff where everything everyone dreams of can happen is just pure idiocy and the very meaning of pretentiousness. It should be evident when it was Kikebride who wanted to turn Pelinal into a homosexual and did turn Vivec into an actual tranny. He even admits that only true scholars with meme degrees should ever comment on his bullshit.

No he doesn't. You find it beneath the city at the very end of the game and then you choose who to give it to. He sends you to High Rock to find out what happened to Lysandus, remember?

But it is. Without the additions he made, I wouldn't give a flying fuck about the Elder Scrolls world and I'd treat Morrowind just like I treat Gothic. I know it exists but I don't care to touch it again.
Anyone can make gritty and edgy politics, just look at Game of Thrones. However, not enough fantasy make an interesting enough religious and metaphysical backdrops that make you care about the world in the first place.

What Kirkbride isn't is Elder Scrolls in their totality. He can go fuck himself right now, when he invents lul so randumb cool stuff that doesn't have to make sense. However, his work on Morrowind, Oblivion (Mysterium Xarxes, Pelin-El) and all the Nord lore in anticipation of Skyrim is great.

Basically just mentioned as an afterthought, just like Orcs before Morrowind.
You're forgetting Varieties of Faith and House of Troubles.
Off hand le time broke XD and writing a theological piece thru a pop-culture-ish report is not the same thing.
The rest of your post is calling stuff I mentioned shit. Newsflash motherfucker, the argument is whether Kirkbride was influential in TES, not whether it's good or bad.

I didn't say Empire didn't exist before Morrowind, I don't know where you're getting that from.
Tiber Septim was a mere Roman emperor calling himself God with some bigger powers. He was not a Divine in a theological system. Basically Kirkbride made him more than another useless Ebonarm. Remember that shitpile?
The rest of your post is basic trivia.

Holy shit, you are a fucking retard.

He gives you another mcguffin at start and you find the totem later, big deal. Still, the totem exists in the game and pretty much confirms Talos' divinity.

Nice moving the goalposts. All this time I've been specficially trying to expose the truth that Kikebride is a shit who built up on pretentious metaphysics while the actual meat of TES was built by others, not that he didn't try his hardest to make TES characters LGBT friendly (and succeeding with some).

Good for you.

No he doesn't. He gives you either a book, gold, or a dagger based on your backstory. There was no Talos in Daggerfall. There were only eight divines.

No, your original point was that you truly believe that the concepts behind Shivering Isles weren't complete dogshit. And they were. This barely intelligible ranting about LGBT politics is your second attempt to move goalposts.

>>>/cuckchan/

That's not what happened. Go back up and you'll see that the argument started with some user sperging out that Morrowind is not Kirkbride and that Kirkbride is shit. The following arguments with almost all anons up to this point were strictly about his influence on the series, not whether his work is good or not. This is because in general the anti Kirkbride posting in this thread (and wider) borders on fanatical "I'll call everything I don't like completely evil and liberal" shitposting. Nobody who likes Morrowind in this thread actually engaged you on that point because it's obviously a lost cause.

No, I said that the Shivering Isles concept art puts Kikebride to shame, and they do. Anyone with any taste could say that. Since Kikebride's concepts aren't even original but were fed to him, that says even more.

All my rants are strictly anti-Kikebride, the problem is that there's just so much ammo against him that it's rough to stay into a single area of criticism. It's hilarious how you're calling me a faggot when it's Kikebride who constantly wanted to humiliate Kikebride just for being racist against elves. Read the pics this time.

who constantly wanted to humiliate Pelinal*

Protip: posting plebbit screencaps made 15+ years after Morrowind is not ammo. It's just sperging out.

YOU N'WAH, THIS WILL BE YOUR END SWIT

I don't care if it looks like I'm sperging out or being autistic. What I care about is pushing real tangible information forward so that anons can make their own judgement and maybe research into this themselves. In almost every Morrowind thread there's always at least one user thinking that Kikebride is a genius but without actually knowing Kikebride's true character. He's a hack

There's a long-winded way of saying, "I don't know how the fuck to argue."

YOU WILL SUFFER GREATLY

Genius and a hack aren't mutually exclusive. He needed Todd, Kuhlmann and Rolston to reign him in. But I'll defend almost every bit of content he made prior to 2011 and some stuff until after c0da.
Protip - dismissing his work as merely liberal is a fallacy because it can be interpreted that way, but isn't inherently liberal. Another protip - his virtue signaling on plebbit isn't lore, but shitposting with his friends.

I'm not trying to argue shit. All I could present is my opinion, anyway, and my opinion isn't the be-all-end-all. So instead I'm posting proof from Kikebride himself as to how much of an unoriginal hack he is. Pic related again.

I guess you aren't familiar with that time where he directly censored an interview with one of the Morrowind writers (and ex-Bethesda employees) because the interview was offensive to Bethesda and himself. His shitposting is cancerous and it's the constant censorship is why not a lot of people recognize that he's just a guy with a knack for writing stuff that sounds whimsical, but really is just overused liberal arts cliches (i.e it's all a dream, everyone is a god, all realities happen at once, etc).

Stop being a condescending cunt. The interview is up on UESP and it contains nothing special. MK just sperged out because he's an idiot. Thought it gave away too much of inner workings and he wanted to keep it mysterious. Also; why would I care about him? Stop posting about his personal life dramma, dammit.

See, this why you're a fucking cunt. You're not arguing against MK's contributions to the lore. You're virtue signaling how much you hate him as a guy. Then you pretend his lore is discredited by posting barely related and completely unrelated screenshots unrelated to the topic without context. Not that I'm defending opinions contained therein, but you're just as dishonest here as MK is liberal in real life.

Neloth is the only good thing about Skyrim fuck you Bethseda stop adding shit from old games to try to make me like you

I'd be virtue signalling if Holla Forums hated the guy, but it's the exact opposite. There's anons who still think that this guy is a genius and the driving force behind Morrowind's success. He's neither. I've already talked about why he's neither. Until that misconception gets cleared up, I'll keep posting, and people like you who claim to not care about it will keep defending him.

What is this proof of again?

But Kirkbride is a genius and the driving force behind Morrowind's continued success ten years and more after the game came out.

You didn't present compelling evidence for anything beyond your belief that if person does not agree with you politically in their daily life, they're evil.

The driving force behind Morrowind isn't the background lore, you dongus. It's the consistent open world, freedom, modability, and lack of casualization that plagues Oblivion and Skyrim. The lore was just extra goodies on top of that. No one says "oh, I just love playing Morrowind because I get to think about how the Tribunal betrayed Nerevar and stole godhood." They go "oh, I just love playing Morrowind because I can go do all sorts of shit in this fantasy world."

Bingo.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I can play a dozen of games for exploration and game mechanics. Granted, Morrowind lucked out with having the freeest systems I've seen in a hand crafted game, but that's a companion to the main draw. That draw are intense metaphysics which can be used to craft your own story and characters on a level no other video game (or at least very few) provide.

Do you really think Morrowind threads on Mongolian tapestries are about a video game? It's usually consisting of two parts; some people posting screenshots out of nostalgia and wonderment while others come here to discuss lore and nothing else.
In a month we're having a European-wide Morrowind larp in a castle. Game mechanics be damned, the point is the world itself.

If the game wasn't good, we would know nothing about lore because we wouldn't have stuck with the game. How can you say "game mechanics be damned." Frankly, Morrowind's lore is the Vedas. It isn't anything new to people who read about religion and mythology. It's just a rare thing to find references to in video games. If it was the lore and not the game that is appealing, then were is your European-wide larp about Hindu gods?

Fine, let me go over this one last time and then you can tell me if this is not convincing. Reddit spacing so it's easier to read.

Morrowind's atmospheric concept was already established before Kirkbride entered the picture. Proof here

His drawing style is okay, but not anything to write home about. He also tried to make Nords into aztec potbellies despite Morrowind portraying them completely different. Proof here and

His own game, Redguard, is just garbage in terms of story and characters. You'll have to play it for the proof, but if you're too lazy you can also read Kirkbride's comments about both the Redguards and Cyrus here archive.is/ZDxRu
Some relevant quotes:
Literally Doctor Who; it just werks.

Then there's the actual metaphysical content he created for the game. And this one is hard to prove because it relies on the reader obtaining the proof for themselves by reading into it a lot. Morrowind, and to some extent Tamriel and the Oblivion planes, Akavir, Yokuda, Atmora, that's the real meat of the game. Meanwhile The Dream, The Godhead, the Mantling, the Vivec rehash, the zany lore of Vivec taking Molag Bal's dick, of Vivec strangling Nords with her vagina, of god-birthing and memospheres and terratons… Those made up words wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the underlying problem that Kirkbride is trying to turn the lore into a mushy mess where everyone's fanfic isn't fanfic, but the real canon that's happening all at once. If everything is the real canon then nothing is real canon and the whole lore just bogs down to a hazy, insubstantial mess, which is exactly what Kirkbride has been pushing for, for years. All metaphysics. No substance.

We read it the first 50 fucking times. It's not convincing.

Context, my friend. The game mechanics be damned thing was meant to mean the world can stand on its own. That the game was mechanically excellent, I stated earlier in the post.
But don't call Morrowind just Vedas. They're Vedas only if by Vedas you mean the western meme of what Vedas are. They're just one influence.

What you're saying is basically Morrowind's atmosphere owns nothing to Kirkbride because it was supposedly planned to be kind of like what we got. Okay.
Then you're saying Adam's concept art, a professional concept artist by trade, is better than Kirkbride's unpaid, internal scribbled that eventually got released.
Then you say Redguard is badly written even though it contains some of the best writing in the series and arguably the best plot Bethesda pulled off in any game.

Then at multiple points you point to Kirkbride being a retarded eceleb in his niche community because of which everything he's done is invalid I guess?

And for the grand finale you mention some things that are canon which you don't like in the same sentence with things that were said on plebbit as an alternative interpretations and fanfiction. And then you say "I don't like thing"
Ok.

Morrowind in terms of CHIM and the stories of Vivec and that stuff that most Morrowind memes are made of… is Vedas. Morrowind's world could stand well on its own; you're right. But I certainly wouldn't give a shit about it. I'd still prefer reading the real-world history and mythology that inspired it. Lore may be enough for you, but I wager a lot of big fans wouldn't give two shits about it if the game itself was shit.

Good thing we don't need to find that out since the game is good.

When we're talking about higher metaphysics, it's a bastardization to say it's only CHIM and Godhead. Both figure prominently in everything, but it's about the Enantiomorph, inner structure of the universe, metaphysics of Nirn as such etc. It's a deep and rewarding playground for discussion and allows for creation of characters including their own beliefs about what is and isn't that can be more detailed than in basically any other rpg. When talking about the mad wyrm, we can leave Vedas far, far behind, yet the topic is no less metaphysical.

The Kirkbride shill will resort to blatant lies just to defend his prophet.
What makes the writing so good in that piece of shit? Please, try to make an effort and explain.

I'll make another effort too. Let's look deeper at some of the lore Kirkbride wrote.
KINMUNE
KINMUNE stands for Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform, though she has dozens of names like every other character Kirkbride touches. She's known as Queen Ayrenn in TESO, the game that Kirkbride has directly promoted. Let's take a look at some of the shit she's done:
Sounds like a Mary Sue. But that's okay because she's actually a robot sent from the future. Just like Cyrus and Pelinal. Kirkbride even made mention that Pelinal is gay despite also being a robot. It's not just them who are robots, though. The Aedra and Daedra from are robots from the future too. Do you really think this pseudo-intellectual metaphysical stuff is good lore, Holla Forums?

Kirkbride is the one who wrote Ayrenn. He also met with the zenimax writers to talk about TES:O, and stated that everything on TES:O should be taken as official lore, because it further supports his attempts at turning TES lore into a nebulous mess without any objectivity.

He's wrong and so are you. Morrowind is the last Elder Scrolls that matters.

Then why are Morrowind fans shilling for Kirkbride, the guy who got all the undeserved credit for Morrowind despite being the one trying to destroy its memory the most? The stuff he did to Nerevarine and Vivec in C0DA is just atrocious.

I admit, I made a mistake. He was the official concept artist and got paid for it, but beyond the official art book, basically all art he released is his own work after he got kicked out of Bethesda. That's what I meant. You also need to take into account that Kirkbride Bethesda was on the verge of bankrupcy and employed 10-15 people.
This doesn't make me a shill. You're just grasping at straws to discredit anyone who doesn't agree with you. Be ashamed.

Recognizing good writing should come natural. I'll just post a highlight. If you don't think this is the best story scene Bethesda pulled off to date, there's no curing your terminal shit taste:
youtube.com/watch?v=tEPYlJLvcEM

First, off, in your typical fashion, you're mangling together multiple different things, while understanding none of it. Secondly, KINMUNE isn't official in any way, shape or form. With that out of the way, let me just show everyone what a fucking kike you are:
Originally KINMUNE was supposed to be a magitech artifact that reached into the past. Of course, the text goes too far with strange non-existent word wankery, as is the norm with nu-Kirkbride, but the idea has at some merit. Originally it seems (but can't really be proven) Kirkbride wanted it to be The Eye of Magnus - a self perpetuating engine so filled with magic that it became sentient and is wandering thru time and space. However, the questline got cut down (thanks Todd) and nothing but fan speculation came of it.

When TESO happened, Kirkbride went full retard. He pleaded to be added to TESO team, even work for them for free if necessary, but they told him fuck off. So in defiance he wrote C0DA. Around this time he also proclaimed Ayernn is KINMUNE in disguise because that's the only way a fucking retarded Mary Sue like her can be explained. It was half-joke and half-troll for the TESO players who didn't know who the fuck Kirkbride and TES lore even where.

Eventually he became buddy with Shick and someone smacked sense into him. Then he started suddenly praising TESO as another facet of lore, but not your personal headcanon. Since then he's acted like Beth/Zeni PR shill.

To move on, just because KINMUNE, a non canon idea you can gladly ignore doesn't make Cyrus's character from Redguard somehow a Mary Sue nor does it make Pelinal anything but the best idea ever. Also he's not gay. Deal with it.

*seems like a Mary Sue due to Kirkbride's joke

W E W
L
A
D

But this is a discussion for another day.

The sword scene. Fucking lol. If you actually think that scene is good, you're just trying way too hard to be a hipster. That whole scene can be summarized as:
I invite anyone to actually watch that scene and give their honest opinion.

Sure.

I'm actually struggling to find anything to respond in this post. It's all insults and strawmans.

Well, maybe this:
He's not hiding it. It's a deliberate reference and he knows it can be cheesy, but the raw hope and naivete of that sentence is exactly the punchline the speech had to end with.

But that's the thing, it relies on the player's outside knowledge to derive meaning in his reference. It's a cheap device used often by the liberal arts since they can't come up with anything original. I'm actually shocked that you're self-aware enough to realize that it can be cheesy, but not self-aware enough to realize that it's ridiculously cheesy. If you want to make a Kirkbride you just need to add cheesy motivational writing, Doctor Who type of twists, and ZOMGWTFLOLRANDOMFLYINGFLUTYRANTS

That's even worse, it relies on the player's outside knowledge to derive meaning from his real world reference implanted in a fictional world. It's the same bullshit with him trying to model the Redguards after American black panthers and erasing any of their previous Yokuda lore. It's a cheap device used often by the liberal arts graduates since they can't come up with anything original. I'm actually shocked that you're self-aware enough to realize that it can be cheesy, but not self-aware enough to realize that it's ridiculously cheesy. If you want to construct a Kirkbride, you just need to add plagiarism, Doctor Who level of shitty plot twists, and ZOMGWTFLOLRANDOMFLYINGFLUTYRANTS

You're honestly pathetic, and I don't like making these insults. You eat the shit of a guy who doesn't even have a concept of coherence. No, it's more accurate to say that Kikebride doesn't want coherence, while simultaneously trying to shut down anyone who questions his dumb lore. Look at you, you're here trying to ascertain that Pelinal isn't an LGBT token, while the person you're defending has tried to make Pelinal an LGBT token. And instead of thanking whoever ex-employee managed to restrict Kirkbride madness, you're here singing his praises like a fucking dupe. I have good news for you, Kikebride is working on Telltale's new Batman game narrative, where his story-focused mind gets to shine. You can play that. Since you unironically think Redguard is a good game, that should be right up your alley.

It's called an allusion and it's as old as literature, itself, you absolute jackass. Granted, it's a stupid pop-culture reference, and a lot of Kirkbride's post-Morrowind writing is stupid. Though none of it comes close to the confounding idiocy of the statement you just made.

But Redguard is not a good game. It only had good writing. Newsflash for you; nobody here is singing unconditional praises to Kirkbride. People just like a lot of his work and with the absolutely zealous amounts of hate you're spewing, the only thing they can do is "defend" him from your exaggerations and half lies.

Kirkbride once state he wanted Pelinal to be a faggot. He didn't get it (based Todd) and nobody here accepts that idea. Yet you're pushing for it. Why? Because you're like one of those atheists who'll rave about how morality isn't real and at the same time attack religious people by pointing out they're moral scum because they aren't 100% imitating Jesus in real life. People like that are scum. Lots of Morrowind fans here like a lot of what Kirkbride and the rest of the team did, but we are not lgbt cheerleaders of all of Kirkkride's escapades. So please stop pushing that retarded strawman.

Furthermore, you're lying like a kike when you say Kirkbride doesn't want coherence. Everything he's done up to C0DA was exactly because he wanted complete and utter coherence. I'm certain if we were sent back to 2009 you'd trash talk Kirkbride by pointing out he's autistic about his true Morrowind lore (tm). But, as said earlier, since TESO he changed his tune like a retard and praises stuff that makes no sense. Why? It's a scream of a man who wants everything to burn while he pretends to like it.
Another thing you're lying about is that nobody is singing praises to Bethesda for restricting him in what he could do. That has been mentioned in positive light multiple times in this very thread and it's one of the cliches of TES threads in general that his ideas need to be restricted for his work to really shine. I know you're aware of that. What I also know is that you're ignoring it only so you could rant some more at everyone here.

By the way, no, I don't want to "play" a Telltale game. Those games can go to hell along with Kirkbride.
And with that, I'll conclude this post. Notice how you're constantly ignoring stuff we tell you just so you can throw some more ad hominems at us. You should also notice how in every post you tell new half-lies about the lore and what Kirkbride did and after you get completely blown the fuck out on the subject, you ignore it and your next post contains completely new arguments that also get blown the fuck out. This pattern has been going on for a while. If you have any self awareness, you should think about what you're doing. If you came wearing a more moderate and truthful attire, we could've trash talked a lot of stuff Kirkbride did together. Too bad.

There's always the possibility he was merely pretending all along.

Better Faces and Better Bodies tend to be fairly mandatory. There's also the unofficial patches. Not sure about other material on a first run but definitely fix the potato faces and still-broken stuff that Beth always leaves behind.

Without the additions he made we would have had more of the Arena/Daggerfall flavor to the series, which is enough to make anyone hate him really.

Oblivion's problem was the potato faces. Morrowind's problem was just muddy textures everywhere.

Both of them are pretty awful when it comes to heads. To be honest I can't say I'm surprised those two games had a fairly strong body replacer scene.

Morrowind didn't, though? For a long time, a lot of people recommended better heads (which was shit), but bodies were largely considered inconsequential.

Actually if I remember correctly there were several head replacers after BH of varying quality, some of them were fairly decent. There were also a couple of body mods before BB as well but they sort of petered out to the best of my knowledge.

As far as being inconsequential, I've never heard anyone actually say anything nice about the vanilla bodies at all. Certainly when the MW community was a lot larger I didn't see anything along those lines, outside of people worried about appropriate aesthetics. I certainly wouldn't run a game with my character using the beef jerky Bethsoft shipped with, just as much as I wouldn't bother with a game not using the Unofficial Patch. Of course I've yet to make an OpenMW run, I think I will do that at some point as I did push my MW executable too far last time (had to set the 4GB flag) and I don't think my mod set + new developments with TR will make things any better going forward; not like the new stuff will probably run on the janky old code anyway.

I'm not saying they aren't ugly, but who actually fucking cares about the nude bodies? This isn't Oblivion or Skyrim where everyone is obsessed with making attractive characters and taking pretty screenshots of them. You rarely ever see the nude bodies unless you loot your victims clean or until you start invading Sixth House bases.

Ah, yes, the Bethesda video game model: ship half complete garbage and let the community fix your work. also porn mods

I'm going to be spending dozens of hours looking at other characters besides myself. If there's something that has the same/similar aesthetics as the original stuff but has x4 the poly count for the head, body and clothes and sharper textures to go with it, why the hell not?

It's been something they've been doing since at least Daggerfall although people didn't complain about it as much back then since the first three games were perfectly acceptable ways to spend your time. It got really bad with Oblivion though since starting with that they didn't even bother with decent content at the start, you had to roll your own, and it's gotten worse since.

I'm just saying that Morrowind didn't really have a "strong body replacer scene". There was just the one body replacer if they really cared. It's not like Oblivion or Skyrim where there's dozens of different bodies you can choose from.

He's a complete westaboo, it's adorable.

There was an user in one of these threads a long time ago who basically said which LGNPC mods are utter shit. Is he still around?

Not him, but I can tell you anything related to Redoran is okay. Not sure about the rest.