S&box (a standalone Garry's Mod spiritual successor in UE4) has been announced

Archive: archive.fo/mPRju

They have a long way to go before they perfect the same physics seen in Source.

looks like shit

powered by curryCLR

OP sucks cock, let's talk about this instead.

Nigger are you fucking retarded?

Gmod uses Source:MP. It used a networked version of VPhysics (the main physics engine in Source, which was forked from Havok) Networked physics means it was restricted by the number of data samples the physics engine itself could receive
Gmods physics fucking suck. It's literally using a less accurate version of a physics engine that wasn't that accurate to begin with. VPhysics was okay back in 2004 when HL2 was first released, but today we more or less tolerate it rather than accept it. Gmods physics can be better. With Unreal Engine 4 they have a lot more to work with, a lot more flexibility, they could implement Euphoria and Bullet Physics for example. (and btw, the NPCs and Player Models of Gmod uses QPhysics, which was just a fork of the rudimentary Quake Engine multiplayer model software)

inb4 garry drops it because he gets bored

looks good

bump

The thing that people like about GM is that it's cheap, runs on anything and has a huge modding community. UE4 doesn't have any of that.

Seriously like the only thing that would work ported to unreal would be fucking gmod tower with how little it uses actual source engine quirks or features.

You mean like the game that already exists?

It's fun, I love decoratingworship
I have a problem

You certainly do.

It's mostly all I do because there's no interesting props to buy. I do enjoy the decoration as I said, but everything is so basic other than the electronics. I can only put so many chairs and couches down. Workshop integration is coming, hopefully it'll open up the door for some actually creative pieces to work with, because having to use transparent images for non-basic objects all the time is fucking stupid.

eh, undertale's not so bad.
They could be obsessing over LISA, and lets not forget the time that undertale fags embarrassed mark so bad the topic is officially banned on this board. Like, beyond Cake and 12 game overs tier.

You sicken me

That's the general reaction I aim for with visitors.

I think it's really privileged how all the bots and player models are straight white males. And after Rust was so progressive about that sort of thing. It's offensive!

What, no mod support allowed unless it's DRM-locked mod support?

What, do we need another fiasco like when the Steam Workshop was first announced to get it through your skull? Another paid mods fiasco to get it through your skull?

Simply calling it a DRM/digital rights restriction platform doesn't quite cut it. It's a system designed to facilitate the control and "monetization" of modding/of what gamers are allowed to do with their games. To keep it to its most basic, though, so that I don't sort of derail the thread going into the design of the platform, you're only allowed to download files through a specifically designed "subscription" process - that's digital rights restriction, by the definition of it.

Because literally nobody can put mod files in the workshop folder you need steam to do it for you.
No Paid mods weren't broken in a day because there was no DRM for the modfiles what are you talking about?

Why does one need to "put mod files in the workshop folder" in the first place? Why did paid mods need to be "broken" in the first place?

Because a retard like you misconstrues the concept of a "Mod Library" as a "Mod Jail" and pretend that Mods save for ones that break multiplayer server restrictions such as permissible substitutable files as the lack of capacity to mod.

Understood.

I just looled up footage of this game and it seems to be a golf game, fucking really?

If I remember correctly, it's a golf game, monkey ball, Ultimate Chimera Hunt, an arena shooter and some kind of infection zombies versus survivors game.
Oh, and mario kart.

But why? Gmod is a game(?) revolving around user-based content, and has about 13 years worth of that shit floating all around the internet. Surely they don't expect this new version to replace it?

Gmod is still great if you find the right people to play with, which is surely very difficult. It's the same game as before, they didn't fuck it up with paid mods or microtransactions, crates and gambling like every other multiplayer game in the scene. I bet Garry Fuckface will do it to this project, though.

Everything wrong with indie games in a single sentence.

Source 2 confirmed DoA

That's exactly the problem. The Sourxe Engine itself has suffered from bloat and feature creep because of the need to maintain backwards compatibility with mods. That's what Source 2 was supposed to address but that's not happening. Moving gmod to a new engine would also mean superior physics engines to work with (since Source seems pretty stuck to VPhysics)

The only issue would be compatibility with the original. If they could work out a compatibility layer that would be great

*Source

Garry has proven to be a complete retard. At this point someone should just make a free alternative to GMod to kill off that nigger.

It's based on GMod Tower. The fuck are you doing in the thread if you're that oblivious?

Am I supposed to know what GMod Tower is to post on this thread?

Thanks for pointing the obvious sherlock

OP's screen reminded me: why are REFLECTIVE SURFACES SO SHINY still the go-to for bullshots? That tech has been around for like 15 years, it is no longer impressive.

Try 20, I remember PS1 and Dreamcast games doing it. It just looks nice if I had to guess.

sampersandbox?