Where do you find your zen, /v?

Where do you find your zen, /v?

For me it's Super Hexagon. I fall into a mental flow state after a few minutes and there is nothing else in the universe except this game. It's fucking exquisite.

Only other thing that's ever come close is Vib Ribbon.

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie
S3&K
F-Zero GX
Kirby: Planet Robobot

for me it's puffin on a fat blunt ayy

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Taiko Drum Adventures
Wario Land 3/4
Wario Ware (GBA)
Super Mario Bros. 2/3/World

>beefy rig

GBA WarioWare is something special.

Doom II (and all .wads)

Recently jumped into Brutal Doom and it's such a cathartic blast.

DUDE WEED LMAO

Rapelay.

The world's mad and terrifying. Find your Zen where you can.

Never played Overwatch. Enjoyed TF2 a few years ago, I'd imagined it's a polished version of that. Lack of single player killed it for me tho

I haven't played a game that's given me that sort of feeling in a long time
Deep RPGs are engrossing but I wouldn't really call them "zen"
Half of the problem is that I'm so overloaded with media to consume that I feel like I'm wasting time if I'm not like playing a game and listening to a podcast or something at the same time, which means all the games I could enjoy that have important sound go right on the backlog

Overwatch pisses me off because it's a great idea that could work really well and the universe is really interesting but the devs are retarded and made the most boring possible game they could make using all of it

This is where SH does its magic for me. Headphones and phone, just me and the game. Cut out all that bullshit, even if it's just for half an hour. The feeling I get is enough to keep me going for the rest of the day sometimes. It's my zen, and that's not hyperbole.

I'll giver overwatch a pass then. Doesn't seem like I'm missing much.

One last example game would be 80's Elite. But it's very hard to really get into that frame of mind. Elite takes effort to get lost in.

Nice pun nigga.

I actually do like overwatch for what it is, but it lacks bite and feels childish as a result. It's obviously not for kids, so I just wish it was a bit more dark and funny, like TF2 was.

No other game sucks me in like STALKER SoC has. Between the amazing sound design and the harsh difficulty, you just eventually feel like you're there, checking every corner and jumping at every distant mutant roar.

Then it's back to the Bar to sell what you scrounged, and listen to some loner pluck away at a guitar next to a campfire.

I said come in, don't stand there!

That sounds all kinds of cosy

Oh it is, user. But don't take my word for it.

Give Project Brutality a try it's a better version.

I play Soul Calibur or Bleach Soul Ressureccion. I am not good at them, but I go into autopilate state for an hour or two and kinda feel better.
I also enjoy replaying Mass Effect 2, always the same way, same class, same weapons, same choices. Same thing for the first Witcher game, know it like the back of my hand.

MY. GOD. DAMN. DICK. JESUS VESICLE PROSTATE ALMIGHTY.
Fuck! This is the way god intended it and by the feeling of my urges I say I'm pretty fine tuned to it. Hnnnnnnnnng.

dirt rally with a logitech g27 is the most stressful game i've ever played in my life, but when you hit that zone where you're mentally able to keep up with the co-driver, haul serious ass down some dirt road at like 200kph and are able to not only just keep it on the road but actually make it look good you feel like some sort of unstoppable eurobeat god

I think I know exactly what you mean. Gran Turismo 2 had me there a few times, though much friendlier learning curve.

Dirt is an awesome game. Always come back to it now and then.

Came here to post this. There's just something in STALKER that no other game has managed to copy.
Most games are just games, the most I react is moving the controller and rotating it to the side to turn faster in racing games. Stalker makes me fucking hold my breath when I hear a bullet, I tense the fuck up. Eventually you arrive at the bar or at a stalker camp, and it's the best shit you've ever seen. Just sitting around relaxing makes it all worth it.

You guys are doing a solid job on convincing me to sit down and give this game a chance with an open mind.

Smash is my go to
I also like to replay trpgs like FFTA

Do it.
Start with SoC, the first in the series.
Don't forget to play on master. As good as the game is, it's slavshit, so when they tried to add other difficulties they fucked up the game, making bullets disappear on smaller difficulties and all.
I think there's a mega download over at the STALKER thread, there is also a 7GB torrent with the whole trilogy compressed to hell and back. Just don't buy the game. The company jewed the devs out of it and now they sit on the IP, taking all the money it gets from sales.

as user up there said, play on the hardest difficulty. i don't know anything about bullets disappearing or whatever on lower difficulties, but what Master does is just make bullets in general do more damage - both to you and to the enemy. it makes you play smarter and rewards you immensely for doing so. also, make sure to grab bugfixes/the most recent patch, but play through the first time without mods, then if you're hungry for another playthrough find a mod that fixes something you didn't like, or adds something you wish the base game had

Doom wads. Shitloads of them.

Inside your mom

THE ULTIMATE FUCKING BURN.

Damn.

wew lad

Well done.

IMPRESSIVE

racing, shumps and rhythm games.

cool. she's a disease riddled piece of shit junkie. have fun watching your dick rot off.

I've seen a lot of people enjoying this game, and never quite understood the appeal.

I think you've just enlightened me.

2 MB gif

Shame about the direction they tried to take with the "spiritual sequel".
Have you heard of payday with nazis?

Fighting games.
UMvC3 was my favorite when it was still alive. There's nothing like getting a really fucking perfect read in that game.

Practicing combos in Tekken or DoA, I hate practicing in 2D games (even though I love Guilty Gear) but something about it is calming.

Bridget was a bad influence on me as a kid…

that was my best friends favorite game. he killed himself 2 years ago. sounded just like you about it

Sorry to hear that user

that's cutting uncomfortably close to home..

Feels bro. Stuff like that fucks with you.

first time hanging here. expected more than token /b tropes. lesson learned

Superbeat xonic, or whatever I got on my psp, like Kula world or growlanser wayfarer of time. Picross 3D is fun and relaxing too

Can't really say. These days I find myself playing a few games over and over and feel like I need something new. I can't really find anything that catches my eye, though.

STALKER is always a fun time. I don't go for replays, but I love that there's so many mods out there for it.
I always check up on CoC for updates a couple times a year. If there's a big update then it's time to hit the Zone again. Looks like there's another one of those coming up.

There was this one mod that allowed you to chat in-game through an IRC channel. Had death messages as well. Was incredibly comfy and really kept me playing, just to talk stalker related stuff and shoot the shit while stalkan. Shame it got ruined by spammers and the mod creator took it down.