Wow!

TELL Holla Forums YOUR MOST FAVORITE GAMES EVER. GO
bonus: second most favorites

I'll start:

pls no bully. I hate biowares later works. fuck ea

I DON'T KNOW

I know that feel.

I really like Quake 1's singleplayer but I really wish there was something else to it than just shooting. Maybe some light RPG mechanics, dunno.
Shame that single player arena FPS died before anyone could really explore the genre and see where they could've gone.

It's been ages since I had the feeling of "holy shit I love playing this game" and I can't remember the last time I genuinely felt that.
I guess UT2k4 counts. I used to play that game all day every day.

Yea, I know what you mean. I had the same feelings about quake being too plain and that same feeling about feeling like it's been so far since I have enjoyed anything.

saint's row 2
i started palying it lately, it's God tier.

it's also important that I should share that I always had more fun messing with a game, finding strange and creative ways of exploiting the game in any way, and finding hilarious glitches than I ever did actually playing any game. it's ironic that most devs struggle to patch out these things as they are the most fun and enjoyable producing the best vidya memories.

http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XeUUUBm_4

Yee, that be a good watchy book.
why the fuck am I saying yee? I don't know I just feel the need to be highly expressive and doing whatever comes to my mind. I feel trapped

Gothic TWO is god-tier
Mafia ONE is awesome
Thief TWO best stealth game

mafia was really something. I never played a game that paid as much attention to detail as that game. mafia one also had the best cop car chases. it was so fun to drive around and just mess around in that game. it also had some great cheats and glitches and they just let you be a crazy fucker and break all the rules if you wanted. I really respected that and it made the game so so much fun.

bump

Not to mention having two extra game modes, awesome car handling and behaviour, top tier banter (at least if you played it in the Czech original), lots of hidden shit (as in really hidden, not "find bonus under every rock in the game"), and the best story I've ever seen in a FPS. Too bad the IP got assraped by the sequels (no, Mafia 2 wasn't fucking "great," it was a fucking GTA clone mediocre in every regard, praised by morons who eihter didn't play or don't remember the first one)

mafia 1 was the only mafia, much like mass effect 1, knights of the old republic 1.

You think you've got enough RTSs there?
Geez man try to differentiate

I like some of those. what really gets me though is that most games that I enjoyed didn't have any replayability. it would be so cool if there was a game with red faction guerilla destruction physics built into everything and I could build my own space ship and customize my character and just travel around and enjoy a good story or just mess around playing space or submarine destruction derby in a big space ocean. I love crashing and crash landing. would be so cool if I could crash and then just reload my ship for free when I was done having fun.

Same here dubsman. Maybe Doom?

What's wrong with her right leg?

The Devil May Cry series and The Ninja Gaiden Series.

Dante and Ryu Hayabusa are still tied as the kings of the action genre.

I really like the newer King's Bounty games, especially Crossworlds which is the same as Armored Princess but just with more content.

Also this, i dont have over 300~ hours on many games solely playing Single Player but on SR2 im nearing 400hours.

I like Modded Minecraft

U wot mate?

b-bemp…

/^/ is this better?

OP, you're unusually persistent. What do you expect from this thread? If you're seeking game recommendations, just ask.

I do like to hear others favorites so that I might play them myself, as long as Holla Forums really enjoyed them and that takes alot, sign of good quality.

would be silly to say that I'm not interested in what others have to say here. thing is, I played most of these, so I'm still in the dead-zone here.

it's been a fun thread of course, don't get me wrong. sometimes I feel like talking about games with Holla Forums is more fun than playing them.

fuck I hate it when I don't use spacing incorrectly and the site interprets my post that way making me look like a reddit spacing piece of shit.

The Elder Scrolls Holla Forums

good joke, good trips. I hate bethesda. people mod skyrim until they need a supercomputer to run the TURBO HD REMASTERED ENVIRONMENT WITH SEASON CHANGES AND PREGNANT FUTA MODS WITH EGG LAYING AND BATMAN SKINS WITH SUPER MOOSE WIZARDS and after playing for a few minutes realize the game still sucks.

Not sure. But some of the most memorable for me are:

It was a generic third person shooter with a gimmick. But I liked it.
No explanation needed, I should hope. I'm going to throw my shit at you.
It and its sequels (and the game it's a sequel of), while lacking in actual gameplay, had a very interesting story to tell.
I just really liked it.
Clunky as fuck, but I fucking loved it.
One of my favorite fighting/arena games. Hasn't aged well, but I still have my nostalgia.
I remembered it when I saw other anons mention it. Best GTA-like.
Favorite racing game series of all time.
Obvious, I should hope.

Honorable mentions:

Learn to capitalize the start of sentences, and press enter only once.

no bully

It's not perfect, but I love it.

You don't know what that word means do you?

I don't give a fuck

A shitty excuse for liking a game for cucks.

Same here which is why I default to this.

You're an edgy little faggot who apparently falls in love with the first girl he meets in the fucking game and then proceeds to get butthurt she's dating a nigger. Like I give a fuck what you think. Enjoy your last (You).

I'm pretty sure that you can kill the nigger anyways

You most certainly can, the whole game is about choice. I guess that user just chose to be cucked.

Why don't you fuck off? There is no bad guys in the game, it's not a fucking Bethesda title

So top 5?

Ocarina
Half-Life 2
FFVII
Dark Souls
Anno 2070

mass effect

grrrrrrr

possible shill detected. almonds activating.

Alright, let's try some games that usually won't make it into favourites lists, but that are fun and that you might not yet know:

Looks ugly as shit but is actually a really fun RPG with some very uncommon mechanics. There's a faction system, multiple endings, and fairly good writing. There's five games in the series and shit gets better with every iteration. The dev is a massive autist who keeps remaking his games, so maybe he went back to it and gave it a facelift, I don't know.

Have you ever wanted to be a Conquiscador and murder-loot your way through the new world, killing swathes of savages, robbing their shrines, finding el dorado and other shit, and sacrificing savages to their own gods in exchange for getting the deity to give you some of its valuables? Then this is the game for you. It also has a dedicated Disney path where you're all gay with natives, but why would you want that.

Shilling for what? A 15 year old game?

In no particular order.

In no particular order:

Warcraft 3 frozen throne
Timesplitters: future perfect
Heroes of might and magic 3
Little big adventure 2
Mount & blade warband
Vampire the masquerade bloodlines
Captain claw

I was a consolefag through high school.

Gears 1, Halo3 and CoD4 are the most fun shooters I've ever played, with TimeSplitters 2 being my favorite lan game we even had anaconda tournies.

Nascar 98 is my favorite racing game out of nostalgia and simplicity. Speed Racer (PS1) comes at a close second

Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting seires

Crash 2 was ahead of its time and I still play it on my phone every now and then

Honorable mentions go to the Kirby GBA games, Dragons Dogma even though it ran like shit, Catherine and Twisted Metal 2

But my favorite recent game is definitely Nier Automata. The credit scenario surprised the fuck out of me and brought me to tears.

The series I regret never getting to is the monster hunter series

but hey

>Mario 64 DS
>Fallout 1
>Baldur's Gate 2
>Civilization 3
>Dragon Quest 1,3,4&8 also DQ builders
>Quest for Glory 2 Trial by Fire (the original not that shitty remake)

What a fucking faggot holy shit. M-me too.

Nier Automata surprised me too. And it did make me tear up a lot at the end.

Monster Hunter is fantastic. I haven't played MHX/Generations, though. The last one I played was 4U.

a SMUP made you cry?

shmup*

only the end made you tear up?

I was sad at that part, but I didn't cry.

Pokemangoes:Mystery Dungeons had me crying at the end when I was a kid. I still haven't beaten it.

I bet that you cried with gay shit like MOTHER 3 too

The OST was next level, hell the first one was too.

Just off the top of my head, Chibi-Robo and Fatal Frame (2 or 3)

this was a cool thread. you're cool Holla Forums :D :D :D

who?

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Fallout: New Vegas

Why the fuck are you here?

I don't see how they are that similar, Spore's space stage was more of a SC ripoff.

The plot and ideas were taken from it.
Someone made a huge list of it somewhere.

nigger

check my favs
Gayloanything before 4
Medieval Total War II
Fallout New Vegas
Crusader Kings 2Pirated
Mount & Blade Warband
Chivalry Medieval Warfare
Total War Attila
Age of Mythology
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC

What you mean favorite of all time game forever and ever?

Probably REZ

KoToR
KoToR1
Jedi Academy
STALKER
Valkyria Chronicles
Dragons Dogma
Red Dead Redemption
Star War Galactic Battlegrounds
Operation genesis
Megaman Legends
POSTAL 2

Since this is pretty much a 3x3 thread.

RE2
REmake
Morrowind
RE4
SMT Strange Journey
Geist
Eye
Mount and Blade Warband

Eh, I'm more into fps games with good level design, good spritework, satisfying weapons, not having to take constant breaks in the action to listen to poorly voiced characters spew poorly thought out dialogue, not having to waste time buying shit, and games that don't have gay settings that involve sci-fi mixed with historical elements (bonus points if it got this way due to an apocalyptic event). AKA not Strife.

Hexen isn't like Strife anyway. The only remotely close thing to an RPG element is the fact that the characters have different stats, which isn't just an RPG thing. Hexen is just an FPS game in a dark fantasy world. Hexen II is a bit closer to an RPG, but only really has the lame level up system it would be better off without. Still more of just an FPS game.