2hu / Touhou Thread

HAPPY CHIRUNO DAY
The hottest secondary containment thread is back once again to talk about fangames, fighting games, doujinshi, music, manga, books, and anything else that aren't the actual video games.

mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY
#2hu8ch on rizon
>>>/2hu/
secondary board
>>>/thg/
primary board
>>>/jp/
stay out of /jp/

Please pronounce her name correctly kudasai.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
moriyashrine.weebly.com/labyrinth-of-touhou.html
replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=43982
dropbox.com/s/o9ddbez8flcpwrq/TouhouDoomUntitledEpisode3B.pk3?dl=1
dropbox.com/s/qthqtsxg9s6gtu1/TouhouDoomUntitledEpisode3D.pk3?dl=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quote of the day: "I would make a new thread but they're just filled with secondaries and nobody bothers to post about the games"

Newhus a mediocre

CIRNO A CUTE!

D-does anyone want to play videogames together or soku or s-something?

Don't talk shit about Eternity

Etarnity*

I will in a bit. My internet isnt wanting to play nice and I've got to supervise people.

if you arent going out and getting a Cirno tattoo today what are you doing with your life

Gross

Sorry my love is taken

Asuka > Rei you humongous faggot

please respond

I played all of the bullet hell touhou games. Now give me some good non-bullet hell touhou games.

That's fuckin' lit fam, holy shit.

Fantasy Maiden Wars, Touhouvania, MegaMari, MariAri, Labyrinth of Touhou, New Super Marisa Land
Also the fighting games

you forgot Sengoku Gensokyo, Devil of Decline, Genius of Sappheiros and that one Earth Defense Force knockoff.

Toho diablo

Touhou mother

These things exist?

there's also Shanghai EXE (Megaman Battle Network) and Touhou Puppet Play (2hu pokemon).

Are these skins or are they completely new games?

new games, latter used to be a mod but now it's a standalone game with an untranslated expansion

Happy 9 day.

THE STRONGEST

There is seriously a touhou for everything.

Yes, and they are stand alone complete games.

Looks like I've got a lot more games to add to my backlog, as if my backlog weren't long enough.

I know next to nothing about Touhou, but I'm going to download Touhou Diablo.

Just in case you want to fix that:
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki

Thank you. I was thinking maybe the Diablo game would get me into all the other stuff too. I guess we'll see.

The Genius of Sappheiros is probably best jRPG touhou too if you want to add more. Remember to get the "Weekend" version, unless you have a vita version, then you should buy it for japanese psn. Hahahaha, official English port never ever.

What a coincidence. I just started playing Highly Responsive to Prayers last night after stumbling upon 1~5 on our Vola.

Yeah that'd be-

It even has multiplayer, the damned list touhou fangames is surreal.

Cirno is strongest MC.

Happy Chiruno day indeed.

Anyone wanna play Age of Ethanols?

Makes me sad that Touhou lost steam, the fanbase is by far the best.

UHH
TANNE

I only have this big Cirno

is this a remix? it sounds too high quality for pc-98

That's pretty close to how it actually sounds. The drums might be different or something

Who's that sheboon with vitiligo and why is she choking Daiyosen?

How do you do fellow /a/utists-
Wait a minute!

Deal with it.

It's probably for the best. I don't want any more niggers or spics in this already sparse community.

It's for the best, the less secondaries the better.

So has anyone here tried Labyrinth of Touhou? It's a nifty little dragon warriors clone.

I really want to, but I can't find any English patches.

moriyashrine.weebly.com/labyrinth-of-touhou.html
This has it in the download I think.

Thanks user, I'll try it out in a bit.

I still wonder to this day what the true cause of Touhou's decline was.

zun got married

having bitches around always fucks up your creative endeavors

actually if you can sublimate the bitch's cocklust into working for your creative endeavors then it's okay to have one around

Part of it is, as in that cap, simply not having quite as much material to work with, which combined with the wife, alcoholism, and autism with regards to danmaku patterns, makes it surprising that a new game's even been announced.

He also is helping with two or three different mangas set in Touhou, and those have different tones from each other and from the games. And now there is a huge cast and everyone wants to see their favorite characters return but most generally don't. I really think anons are right and he needs to take a vacation or do something not touhou related.

What are those sprites from?

Less content made.
Not good, secondaries will remain or increase as the content that brings them in still exists.

LOLK did everything right. Best music, best MC Reisen, Clownpiece, and the pointdevice lets you practice what you fucked up on. Heresy I know, redo the whole level scrub! Still the game itself made up for it by uping it to 11.

I don't think its declining, I think it just started changing its fanbase, which is both good and bad. Some of it probably has to do with Zun needing more dosh for is famuriee. With all the releases of all the doujin games on PSN, I wonder how much of a cut he gets.

I don't remember, I just got them because they looked cute.

god dammit

for shame.

Post Yuugi

k

Thank you user

You got a yuugi vs armstrong somewhere in there?

Update on 2hu waifu fighter. Bunny Gun confirmed.

DROPPED

Is this a possible return to the Hisouten/soku mechanics?

What is the huge fucking anime titties?

no sorry

It's alright, user. I appreciate it regardless
I have seen that image many times with the same file name/caption. I've never truly understood what it means

HE HATES IT

Sorry I found LoLK music forgettable, the characters the same, I liked MC Reisen, hated her gun, and didn't care about gameplay, in fact I hated clownpiece and didn't care about much else. No music came close to the pinnacle that was EoSD, best soundtrack by far. Even UFO had a tiny tiny commander, LoLK had nothing.

If you say so user.
user please, you can't beat perfection.

is therre a more autistic thing from Japan than 2hu?

your not even trying user.
Dragon Ball easily

but 2hu has more fanmade autistic content than DB

What spectrum are you talking about user. completed functioning works, or random shit posts, quality or quantity. You still wrong ether way. Enjoy the link. :3

Made by japs or otherwise?
With the amount of exposure DBZ has had, and the fact that its been around for so long makes me doubt 2hu could top it. Honestly, naruto is probably even more autistic.
I mean shit, isn't sonic from japan too?

CIRNO A CUTE INDEED!!

On Pixiv, Dragon Ball has 58,061 results. Touhou has 1,885,394 results. There's an absolute shit-ton of doujinshi, and a lossless torrent of music remixes from several years ago was two terabytes. Then there's tons of fan games and fan anime. I can't think of any franchise that has as much fan content as Touhou.

Alright, so it has a lot of content. Now, how does this make it autistic?

Autistic doesn't mean anything.

god dammit, stop prolapsing faries

Fairies are for tender love; not for prolapse.

I love that artist.

Character design, I'd wager. Take a look at Meiling. What's her stage theme? Shanghai Teahouse. What's her boss theme? Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17. I dunno what the fuck that second one is supposed to mean, but they both reference China and sound vaguely Chinese. What's her outfit? Derived from Chinese martial artist clothing. Her name is Chinese as fuck. She does Chinese martial arts. Her power is qi manipulation. Her EVERYTHING is Chinese as fuck. You don't even need a complete picture of her to understand what she's supposed to do and be about. Every single aspect of her gives off the same impression. Just from a stage theme, or a single image of her, or just hearing about what she does, you immediately grasp what she is and what she's supposed to be.

You can say the same for virtually every character in EoSD, from killer maid to magician to vampire. Every aspect of every part of everything associated with them is built around a single concept, each of which scream that concept at you loud enough you only need a small piece of the work put into them to understand what they are.

Now take a look at Nue.

What the fuck is this mess? She's got two sets of three things on her back, and to this day I'm not sure what they're supposed to be or represent. Half look mechanical, half look potentially biological. She's got a trident, something associated with either devils or Poseidon for the most part. Her outfit is a plain black dress with a red pattern on it, and she has a snake on her arm. Her theme is a retread of Flandre's theme, more than anything else. What the fuck is she supposed to be about? What does she do? What are her hobbies? How does she fit into Gensokyo?

I'm left asking those same questions for almost every character in th12 and beyond. Their designs are just a mess of irrelevant information. They don't tell you anything about the character, it's just a bunch of random shit. The characters who DO have a clear theme to them like Clownpiece are, completely unsurprisingly, super popular.

Fuck, Rumia wears a black dress because she has darkness powers. Her name might even be a pun off light. (Lumia). Nue is supposed to be a nue, but what about her design communicates that?
LITERALLY NOTHING IN HER DESIGN INCORPORATES ANY OF THIS. THE SNAKE AROUND HER ARM IS THE CLOSEST THING TO EVEN SLIGHTLY MATCHING ANY ASPECT OF THE CREATURE SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE BASED ON.

At least Nue's clusterfuck is a memorable clusterfuck, and Kogasa works well as a design.
Does anybody even remember the characters in Ten Desires other than Mamizou? Because I sure as hell don't

Mamizou is easily one of the more forgettable characters of Ten Desires. Zun likes her enough to put her in more games, but she is still forgettable.
If you want to hate on something, hate on Medicine, the lunarian rabbits, Not-Benben and Junko Reloaded.

Reisen II, Seiran, and Ringo did nothing wrong.

>Useless blue bunny Tewi is a better mochi murderer.

Characters original to Ten Desires? Nope. And this is exactly why I think character design is what killed touhou. There's no immediately identifiable character aspect about any of them.

You've got blue-colored chick with hairloops on the left, and a chick with insect antenna, a cape shaped like insect wings, and a nearby floating insect on the right. You don't need to know ANYTHING about Wriggle to understand she's fucking insect-themed. You could take away the floating bug and it would still be obvious.

Nooj's clusterfuck is also memorable due to how much a complete clusterfuck it is. It doesn't make Nooj anything other than completely fucking retarded though. 

Touhou is still very popular and doesn't live or die by the latest game.

fuck it

quitting while i'm behind

2hus are not for lewd.

I like nue, I think she's cute

I personally never got this. There are honestly very few characters in 2hu that I don't remember. Most of the taoists are very much ingrained in my mind.
Seiga and doggo are easily among my favorites.
Sure, there are alot that I forget (poor sagume), but most leave somewhat of an impact.

but dragonball is full of normalfags…

shame

thic girl.

I like it

Nue a sexy.

It wasn't perfect.
Ignore the title theme, stage 1 and Lumia music are forgettable. Patchy's theme and Sakuyas stuff isn't great either, but everything else is great.
It's not perfect, but even if it were I didn't say surpass, I said come close. IN didn't surpass it but it had lots of great music. SA had lots of stuff I don't care about, but still had great tracks like deserted hell, or okuus theme. But newer stuff is only mediocre, this comes after hearing tracks like UFO where I just think "oh it's a remix of the superior flan theme".

I think Zun needs a break and to find something inspiring. The earlier stuff was great because he was fresh, now he needs to recharge.

Touhou is hard.

WEW
E
W

Please stop prolapsing lolis

Whatever pro drew this had a lapse in judgement.

I surprised that you didn't mentioned newhus.
Guardian Dog, Butterfly, Twin dancers, Chinese statue and junko copy with skill to make doors everywhere.

Now 2 of the Sages of be revealed. I thought it would be funny if all the Sages looked like Yukari, but this is actually the third sage that has been revealed.

Yukari, Okina and Kasen?
Did I get it right?
There will be four more.
I assume it will be some barriers master, two with temporal powers and god of Hakurei shrine.

yes

I just beat the newhu very quickly on easy because I suck at 2hu. I didn't like the music very much this time.

Post more Okina

You think so? I thought locked girl was a good song. I personally believe it and luna dial are severely underrated.

So is this an example of good sprite work, or bad sprite work? I recall one thread where the sprites shouldn't look like drawings you "spritified".

I am 100% willing to call it good, but a certain part of me is probably interfering with my ability to give an honest objective measure

I really wish there was a Touhouvaia 3 metroidvania style

you take that back

Don't you die on me

Is there a netplay patch for Gensokyo no Nazo? I wanna be able to play with a friend online.

post the full reisen one, faggot

I would call it good because of THOSE HIPS

Finally cleared th6 extra stage, now I can move on with my life. replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=43982

This reminds me of when I had finally gotten to stage 6 in th6 and then windows 10 asked me if I wanted to update my computer, interrupting my game and costing me my last life.
I deserve it for having win10

I once had my down key get stuck while I was on the extra stage in LOLK, I was able to save myself but I wasted a bomb. This was also the first time that I cleared that extra stage, with Marisa.

You mean moving on to th7 and having fun with that extra stage?

Updated 2hu Doom here folks.
dropbox.com/s/o9ddbez8flcpwrq/TouhouDoomUntitledEpisode3B.pk3?dl=1

Its fun, I'm glad.

video

Fucking disgusting.

Do you like watching people suffer?

holy shit

Don't leave us hanging man

dropbox.com/s/qthqtsxg9s6gtu1/TouhouDoomUntitledEpisode3D.pk3?dl=1
This has been updated twice since the last time it was posted here.

when does the fighting game comes out
i hope my wife will be in it

I hope it'll have a fucking ground game. Why can't they just release soku 2: electric boogaloo , with mokou, shou, buddhist, ayy, etc.