Flight Sim: DCS World

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield, focusing on military aircraft simulation. It includes a FREE TF-51D and an Su-25T attack aircraft along with the Caucasus map.
A variety of planes and helicopters. Terrains, Campaigns, and other modules are sold separately and plug into DCS World.
I've been playing this for a few years and can tell you it's quite addicting. Thought I'd start up a thread here to see if there's any fellow flight simmers on Holla Forums and show it off to people who may be interested in this sort of thing.

Pics didn't make it in first post

This reeks of shilling, but pic related.

You can't post images and embed a video in the same post.

Su-25t is one of my favorites. I really wish it would get the same treatment as the A10.

I didn't realize I run the risk of being called a shill outside of the Holla Forums board but I see your point. I just wanted to start with a basic explanation of the sim.
I do A/G only so the Frogfoot is one of my favorites as well. It will be nice to get the F/A-18C and AV-8B Harrier to have a few more ground-pounders.
The "same treatment" user mentioned is that the SU-25T and a module known as Flaming Cliffs 3, which comes with a variety of planes, don't have clickable cockpits and have simplified avionics systems. For instance starting up any of these planes is an easy 4 step process of starting engines, turning on electrical system, and closing canopy. The start up of the A-10C, on the other hand, is a 25 step process that takes like 10 minutes to get through.

SEKRIT DOKUMENTS
PLS PAY FOR GPS :))))))))

stay in /simg/ with your not a sim kiddie shit

Craig pls go

kys ivan

I'm TJ
GAS THE FURRIES

We chose the wrong timeline, we chose the wrong type of autism.
Also there used to be a pretty long sim thread at wizchan but it's 404 now.

Holla Forums has a long history of being invaded by actual shills/viral marketing fags

as far as DCS goes has it right (although it's still fun)

It's not cheap, it's very far from perfect, and it's hard to defend the pay for GPS thing but I'm not seeing anything comparable right now.

I bought the boxed version of Falcon many moons ago but never played anything other than vanilla version. Wish I still had it.

Added a comparison pic of Caucasus map which is being overhauled….and no they're not charging you for it. Do realize that flight sim community is small and generating money isn't easy when your sales are in the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands.

:)
im a bandito

any good fighter games that can run on a toaster? No sim gear either

G O D S P L A N E

this triggers the slavboos

it looks like that map is going to go from 30-40 fps to 10-15 unless you've got a radeon R9000 and an i9

i used to love dcs years ago when i had all the shit for it and could run it at a decent fps, but getting into this isn't cheap.

DCS A-10 $50
KA-50 - $20
Joystick - $200
Track IR - $200
(not to mention the decent gaming rig)

If you try to play this with a $15 joystick and no track ir your not going to have a good time.

With all the shit you need to play these properly it would probably be cheaper to just buy your own aircraft.

and speaking of Track IR does DCS have VR headset compatibility now? If anything justifies the $500 meme VR googles it's DCS. Track IR was always finicky, it's a huge clunky thing you stick on a pair of headphones, the cable and headset cables always got tanged, etc.

I use the TrackHat instead of the TrackFlimsyClip with no issues

REMOVE BMS REMOVE BMS YOU ARE WORST EXCEL

n-nani ? :)

wew i didnt realize myselft, had my spotify open in the background.
pretty good desu

btw this doesnt look safe nor stable
it is supposed to happen only at a certain speed if i remember correctly.

I don't see a big drop in FPS with new Edge engine. What you see is it's a RAM whore. On Caucasus usually 5-8gig RAM usage on mission but Normandy 11-16gig RAM usage and it continues to climb.

TM released a pretty cheap set up called T-1600M that's a little over $100 for stick and throttle.

Yes its VR compatible.

what's supposed to be HARD there ?

B-B-BUT PIXEL PERFECT GNS 430
AND PEOPLE ARE EATING THIS SHIT UP
MEANWHILE FLIR IS STILL FUCKED

i cant even remember the last time flir worked right
also ground units are still almost impossible to spot

the overall situation was probably better in 1.2 tbh

Landing surface

It never did

for $14.99 that better be exactly what's in an su-25t

COMING SOON: NAVIGRAPH DCS

Did they ever stop being Jews and give people who own the original Black Shark the updated one that works in World?

It's like $200+ just taking a rented piece of shit Cesna held together with ducttape and prayer out for a day, $6k+ to be licensed to fly it, and everything is designed around keeping you from doing anything fun with it. I'd stick with DCS.

It's just extra wing flapping, like a bird.

You're not even going that fast at 360 knots. The shaking is partly due to wing load and partly due to the wings being designed to be a little flexible.