Buy Rust on steam

How the fuck is someone supposed to make an informed decision on a game within 2 hours?

What purchases do you regret Holla Forums?

Any game that Holla Forums recommends usually ends up being shit

You deserve it.

Did Holla Forums recommend it? I was just looking for a game to sink time into.

If you need more than 2 hours to realize something is shit, then you have brain problems and fully deserve your money and time being taken from you.
Seriously dude, stop being dumb nigger.

Congratulations. You’ve just discovered why Steam refunds are 2 hours and not a longer amount of time. You’ve also just discovered how normalfags behave.

It pains me to see people who have chronic indecisiveness.

are you retarded, user?

You have nobody but yourself to blame.

Rust really is the perfect representation that's wrong with Minecraft clones that focus more on the pvp/survival aspect instead of the pve/creative one.

Either your on the bottom of the tech-tree, licking from the bottom of rocks for basic resources only to die to shotgun wielding assholes, or sitting at the top with fuck all to do as now attacking anyone on remotely close tech level to you risks massive loss of resources for both sides, thus you'd only hunt and kill the former.

Most of my experience with these problems come from Ark, but that game has enough pve content that there is some merit to playing alone. Rust is pure pvp with the only mobs being non-hostile or easily avoidable. Thus the shit gets stale FAST.

Not sure how it took you twelve hours though.

You should of watched a 10 minute gameplay video to realise you wouldn't like it you retard.

I regret buying LEGO The Hobbit.
I bought it for maybe $8 on sale, was promised the 3rd movie was not to be added and the announcement for that was exactly 12 months after purchase, to the fucking day, so I couldn't get a refund of my measly $8.

That's why you see so many of those games. It's a money trap.
All those yesterdays.

There is that, not sure what you really expected beyond like survival mode gmod. Which is somehow still more entertaining, or was last I played.

Wait, I thought Steam had a 2-3 hour/24 hour of purchase thing? I stopped buying anything there too long ago to know. Did you just sit on it for a while? It's too fucking annoying with the technicalities. If shit is shit I take it back to the store.

It's 2 hours / 2 weeks

So either or then, yeah? Fuck off.

I mean do you want to finish game and then return it or what?

No, fuck you.

Why not just rent a game from Blockbuster then?

Literally the first tags, followed by open world and sandbox. If you buy that shit you deserve everything you get. In fact the return window should be 0 hours just because you're fucking stupid enough to give something like that any money.

Did you just come out of cryo?
Blockbuster has been dead for some time.

That's no way to think about it. If a product goes bad before its expiration it is a bad product.

Why not just pirate then?

That's a false analogy.

No it isn't. If shit is shit it is shit. Fuck you and your gay product. I will fucking kill you to get my money back.

you'd probably mistake a gun for a hair dryer

If you can't tell the game is bad in 2 hours you deserve to get fucked mate, no two ways about it.

Who doesn't use the brand name Velcro when describing "hook and loop fastener strips". Same logic applies.

How the fuck are you so retarded you didn't know there was a 2 hour playtime limit?

Nah, fuck off. There are too many faggoty fucking faggoty shitteries. Like the fucking thing shitting around with cutscenes or just leaving the fucking thing open. Fuck that kikey kikery you bent over queer homosexual cuckslut.

yeah things in real life work that way

And if you're too fucking ADHD of a millenial queer to give a game some patience you are beyond salvation and I am going to fuck your sister while you watch.

Does it ever amaze anyone eles that all the negative posts made ITT and many other are just NEETs venting their frustrations?

A lot of people are going to rip me, but I think ARK is pretty decent for multiplayer survival. Like you said, there's enough PvE to distract people, and a lot of community problems can be solved by joining unofficial servers. ARK at least has offline raid protection mods that server admins can adjust, plus it buffs your tames while offline so you have a minor AI defense while not playing; it's surprisingly effective, had some mooks trying to extort us and while they stole our resources on a 75x server, really?, our pack of pigs ate all their upper level equipment.
I get the un-optimized gripe, and honestly I think it has more to do with Unreal Engine 4 than ARK devs themselves despite them allowing UE4 to double your install folder as you can simply fix your fps by running -sm4 -d3dx10 in launcher properties; the game looks a little worse, but it's the difference in 30fps or 120fps, honestly it might just be shader model 5. I've looked around at what people are saying specifically about it and it seems to be the consensus that shader model 5 is just tanking ever UE4 game's performance. ARK devs also make some stupid design choices and most of the time people just run servers that mod in the deleted mechanics. Classic flyers is a pretty good example.

I think things like Rust miss the point of balancing around "easy come easy go" in sandboxes. You should have to skinner box your way into relevance over 5 or 6 hours just to have it evaporate because someone looking in your direction. But I haven't touched Rust in awhile so maybe, like ARK, they have unofficial servers where the core issues in grindiness get addressed. I wouldn't buy any of these games unless you can get them for under 20 buck anyways.

Now this is irony.

maybe facepunch forums are more your speed, friend

*Shouldn't have to skinner box

I mean, it happened to me with nier automata. I knew there was something off about the entire thing in two hours, but I gave the community the benefit of the doubt and pressed on. It picked up a fair bit with the first boss, but the more it opened up, the more I realized I was not in fact playing the first actually solidly made Taro game, but Nier 1 except in love with the taste of its own dick. Quit after 11 hours I believe.
Good thing this was on the crack, I would have been fucked had I been less patient