So you can destroy a few buildings, how about a fair stronghold thread

so you can destroy a few buildings, how about a fair stronghold thread

when are we going to have an 8 player stronghold game? it's my wet dream since I was a babby

That would be fun

What this game about?
>inb4 i get bullied for not knowing

Macemen

SIRE

Filling your stockpile.

Strongholds

A BEAR

Wood Needed.

I enjoy city building games and i like medieval settings, yet, i cant bring myself to enjoy stronghold, what am i doing wrong?

I got Stronghold Crusader as a kid and it gave my parents' computer a virus. I didn't pirate it or anything. It was a brand new physical copy I got from Walmart or Staples or somewhere like that. Years later I lent it to a friend, having forgotten about the incident, and it gave his PC a virus too.

I couldn't get into the original but I enjoyed Crusader.

I ran into a similar feeling when I first played it as a kid. When I tried it again when I got older I started to kind of see the niche it was trying to go for.

Who's finished crusader trail?
I finished the final battle but I don't remember if I ever won back all my chickens… :(

LETS GET THIS THREAD STARTED

does anyone know if it's actually fun?

Also, here's a neat trick for single player games:

If you select a building, pause the game, set a building to inactive, then set it to active again, then unpause, another peasant will populate each building of the same type while the original workers still work there. You can get some really productive shit done like this, but it doesn't work very well on some buildings.

It's been about half a decade since I last played this. Time to hunt for a torrent.

I am still big fun of deleting your stockpile and rebuilding it where you wish to make your economy.

my only annoyance with it is that the AI doesn't work as well as traditional AI in RTS games
either they get a prebuilt stronghold and don't do anything to improve it, or they don't get one and rush mine instead
in any other RTS the AI is capable of building its own shit

I never got that meme. Sure, they seem powerful but they're countered hard by slingers and even slave pockets to keep watch. Also they're completely shit if you build walls in several layers and put a tiny moat in between them.

not really most rts ai are just build x then build y train x number of y then attack. if i recall correctly you could kill an ai in starcaft 1/BW by halting the construction of a building breaking the logic chain, preventing the construction of the next step while not triggering the previous step again. and with a game like stronghold he actual positioning of buildings plays a key factor in their productivity. and as far as defenses go you need to take into account full walls not natural choke points every five feet and with the robustness of the base defenses a bunker built here and there are not going to work. so a prefab base and marshaling ever growing numbers of fucks to a click your base is basically par for the coerce, its simply more noticeable in stronghold.

how much ale did you have tonight m'sire

iv'e just been like this after i got off of some "anti anxiety" drugs

Buildings are on fire sire.

well if there's some interest we should do it doesn't take long to set a game up

halfway through, current battles are pretty difficult tbh fam

explain

how is crusader 2 btw?

funny thing is they are not even the most op unit embed related

game gets a lot easier when you learn a few tricks

Shields are not OP and you're silly for suggesting otherwise. If you want to shut them down with style some knights will butcher both them and their troops (and you'd save cash using arabic or plain archers). Alternatively if he's mixing some spears with the shieldblob macemen or good old fire does wonders.

The real gamebreaker are stacked onagers. Free stones, massive range and they're an absolute pain in the ass against mobs. For bonus points they can usually reach enemy keeps on smaller maps.

I have a habit of just making a huge wall for the open ground towards my enemies and having cliffs or rivers cover the rest. Sometimes if a river cuts the map in half and there's only a couple crossings, I'll just build a gatehouse on it and continue to build more bakeries and breweries. nobully.

Onagers a fun. I'm a fan of setting them to ground target random farms beloning to AI, because eventually they expend all their resources and sell other buildings to build more farms. Granary is a good one too.

Wheat
w h e a t
w h e a t
w h e a t
w h e a t

Can you elaborate on those tricks work?

You delete your first stockpile and rebuild it wherever you want from the buildmenu. You lose some resources but get a much safer/efficient placing.

And there's no trick about tower mounted engines, you just stack enough of them behind a moat and feed your sadism. Especially if you're doing a strongpoint style defense where you have multiple, self contained clusters.