What is your biggest case of buyer's remorse? I pre-ordered an Xbox One Kinect edition

What is your biggest case of buyer's remorse? I pre-ordered an Xbox One Kinect edition.

I bought Sim City 2013.

I think the biggest case of buyer's remorse I've ever had was buying Dead Rising 2.

I found it to be clunky, boring and the best thing about it were those two condescending sluts that I can't remember the name of.

I played the game for an hour or two, dropped it and never played it again.

Torment: Tides of Numenera
After not buying games for I don't know how goddamned long I decided to throw some money, how I regret it still.

You knew what you were getting yourself into.

i bought dayz full price
after doing nothing for 6 hours i quit and never bothered with it again
and this was only a few months before refunds were a thing

My biggest buyers remorse was 2011 as a whole
-Battlefield 3
-Red Orchestra 2
-Crysis 2
-Deus Sex Transhuman Revolution
-Saints Row The Third
-Red Faction Armaggedon
-F.E.A.R 3
-From Dust I just wanted something that was similar to Black & White
Fuck that year and fuck 2008-2013 as a whole

Dark Souls 2. Luckily, I was able to pawn it off and some sap for 40 bucks. Used it to play 07scape before fagex could ruin it yet again.

That game looked so cool, but it wound up being nothing but bullshit, according to youtube.

I preordered Marvel vs Capcom 3 (the original). The collector's edition. I even got it with express shipping because I literally could not wait to play it.
I loved the fuck out of it. I won't lie. I went to tournaments and everything.

But I remember that indescribable feeling in my chest when they announced Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 not even half a year later, and released it less than a year after MvC3's release.
I'll never forget that feeling.

I preordered UMvC3 like the good little Capcom slut that I am. And I enjoyed the fuck out of it.
I still feel dirty to this day, though.

it wasn't that bad
the tech was neat, it's just that the game doesn't really do that much with it

OH GOD
I JUST REMEMBERED
I PREORDERED WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
but at least i got it with a friend in a shared account, so i only payed half, but it was still a waste of money. i quit after a few weeks since the quests were extremely boring, story was retarded and garrisons were facebook games

Didn't spend a dime, but I still felt like I got robbed using WoW gold to buy Destiny 2, Diablo 3 Necromancer Boogaloo pack and Starcraft 2 LoV. all of the games don't have any souls

Holy shit dude, at least research a game for a minute or two. That game is nothing but SJW propaganda

I paid $130.00 for this at launch. The figures aren't even McDonalds tier.

Worms Clan Wars. It's fucking dogshit. Worms Amageddon still the best.

XenoBlade Chronicles X for the Wii u

This was before much was known about the game. When they actually had artwork and footage that looked like something interesting.

I gave money to the System Shock Remaster kickstarter because I thought the demo seemed really dope and faithful enough to the original.

Kill yourself for being so goddamn blind

I preordered Guild Wars 2.

I preordered Skyrim for PS3 and waiting in a long line at Gamestop at launch night in 40 degree weather without a sweater.

I bought Rockband 2 with all the instruments for about $250, then I proceeded to buy another $200 worth of DLC songs. I got bored with it and sold everything for $50 a year later. I lost my old PSN password, so even if I were to rebuy Rockband 2 just for a nostalgia trip, I wouldn't be able to redownload all those songs I paid for.

Killing floor 2, before that it was oblivion. Oblivion taught me not to buy a triple A sequel to a game you liked and killing floor 2 taught me how lazy devs turn into when their game is in EA.

r o m e 2
fuck that game

I did, but that came with beta access, so I actually tried it out. Found it was shit, cancelled my preorder and got a refund.

I have a 50/50 GW1 HoM on one account and a 49/50 that just needs a few more title statues on the other. Never gonna be used for GW2 rewards.

Why would you pre order something thats unlikely to be sold out.

MGSV

I bought gta 5.
In my defense I fell for the shilling, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you.

FEAR 3
Seriously, fuck that game.

The PlayStation 4.

Diablo 3, hands down.

*fallout 4*

Fallout 4Pipboy Edition

Are you mentally retarded?

Never again.

I feel you… with Pillars of Eternity.
My only excuse is that i thought it will be good because i had the New Vegas fever…
Never again…

>Stuff it all in a desk where it's out of sight while at an apartment last summer and leave it all behind when I move out with no way of getting any of it back

.Love Demon Souls and Dark Souls
It's like I played a really easy to win lottery and somehow managed to pick one of the few losing combinations.

This is probably the worst because you only had to wait a week and you could get it for free.

Awhile I played the demo of halo wars, and liked it so I pre-ordered the game. Little did I know the demo was completely different from the final product, and was worse in almost all aspects. It was the first, and last time I pre-ordered a game.

I bought it on release and can even sell it to someone else because it uses Steam…

I bought a gf in runescape

Metroid Other M
I don't know why but I thought it would be good.

Uhh, buying a Wii at launch

Spore.
FFXIV 1.0.

would have been alright if it actually worked

How? Other than stuff from the 90s, I've never heard of demoes being drastically different from the final release.

Both kinda are but kinda are not.
Starforge was definitely a mistake but one that I learned on and never bought product with hopes it will get any better than in its current state, this apply to Kikestarters and pre-orders also. I am not buying cat in a bag ever again.
Dark Souls 2 was regret of playing it. It destroyed all feeling I had of dying world in DaS1 and a lot of other things. Plus figure wasn't really great.

It was mostly balance changes, but those changes completely fucked over a game that was already decently balanced to begin with.

I bought Black Desert Online for 6$.
And I've spent somewhere in the ballpark of 500$ on EVE Online.

Laptop
Street Fighter V

I bought this
The shit is actually pretty alright though, just man that game was so bad

Only 2 I can think of:
Controls are awful and there's no controller support. Even using XPadder to map the keys to my controller manually was mediocre.
A worse version of Civ V(+DLC). And they are surely going to release more expansions that make the game less shitty, just like…Civ V.

Dumping 15k in Star Shitizen, got out now thankfully, what a dumpster fire of a game dev

you expect anyone to take this bait?

Evolve

What bait?

I really hope that's a typo

fug

REEEfunded now so it's all good, I'm redeemed.

Pre ordered Saints Row : The Third. Was and is the last time I'll buy a game new.

No. I refuse to believe.

I'm making a space game called satellite national, wanna chip in?
You get .PNGs of of space crafts.

i droped 15 shekels into this

Why?

at least it included the game

Holy shit just leave

i voted trump

The mechanics were solid, it was just extremely short and had no replay value.

take a pic with a timestamp and then I'll believe you

I know, right? Should have voted for Jeb!
#SlowButSteady
#FuckTheChaosCandidate

I got brink for free. It was something like 2 dollars for the complete edition and I paid for it with the profits of the steam trading cards that I sold. I want my two dollars back.

I paid $30 for Dayz before refunds became a thing.

The game was so fucking trash that the shitty headphones were the only redeeming part about the limited edition, they were at least comfortable and played audio decently.
At Least I didn't pay full price for it, but still that was 20 dollars I could have used on something good like burgers.

And then he goes and supports Israel while launching missile strike on Syria and slapping Russia with more sanctions.

Woah damn, its like he wasnt turbo hitler the media said he was. I cant believe a president did something some of his voters didnt like. This has got to be the first in the history of presidents. What a pointless derail, cry more faggots

Glorious, even better than intended

When I was a teenager I bought this weird third-party controller you put on your knees and elbows in order to play fighting games like Tekken. I thought it be all that the Eye Toy would deliver some time later and was terribly disappointed when I understood if was nothing more than a bunch of push buttons that launched a signal when they weren't being pushed. You had to stay crouched at all times and extend your limbs to signal your moves.
I don't know if it still counts as buyer's remorse though because I managed to get a refund in the end.

I preordered Aliens vs Predator for $60. I only had fun playing as the aliens and even then it got old.

>got $380 out of it from unusuals

because until then, the worst metroid had was "a bit too linear" in Fusion, then they went and did Zero mission and everything was looking fucking great for a 3rd person action platformer.

deus ex
I hate the gameplay so much.

Lost in shadow, i think it was for the Wii
Really only because someone stole from my car while I was inside buying it

You better not be talking about the OG nigger

yeah i fell for brink, i had finally gotten a up-to-snuff pc way too late int he game and was ready to play shootan for real and fell for that

me and a group of friends used to gather together and play fighting games all the time, when mvc3 was announced we were excited as fuck. go buy it ASAP on release day and bring it back to play, within like 2-3 playsessions we started realizing every match was playing out the same and it ended up getting put on the bench in favor of other games real quick. then to rub salt capcom announced the next edition to release less than a year later

I'm not sure what compelled me to get that one, but the statue looked like shit and started to melt (pic related). the game itself was fun though i just dunno why i opted for the special edition cuz i know those statues are usually bad

"oh sure ND is on a downward spiral but how can you fuck up the campy romp of uncharted? " is what i thought to myself before playing the most padded piece of shit game that retroactively ruined any enjoyment i had from uncharted 2

I preordered and paid full price for the Alone in the Dark 5 collector's edition.

The """statue""" included with it would look cheap if you found it in Pound Stretcher's toy aisle.

I pre-ordered the collector's edition of Hellgate: London. Still have it in a box somewhere, never even opened the thing.

Every single game that I buy on sale and never play more than 30 minutes of. Far worse than any single purchase I've ever made.

Forgot pic. What a piece of shit.

shame, i like that one a lot

Ahaha, more countries will be turned into failed states in the name of the (((Jew))), lulz kekeke so epic trollz amirite?

t. ubisoft intern

let me go on the record by saying although i like siege i don't advocate paying full price for it or enabling ubisofts usual behavior, i hate every other game they've released in the last 7 or so years

Your own fault, I just wanted a laugh
What you want is a revolution

I am

Honestly it took everything in me to finish it. I can understand people not being too into it.

How is the gameplay bad?
The shooting is shit, but everything else is top tier

wew

You best be baiting mate.

how is anything in the game top tier?

Bioshock Infinite

The game was released and I believed the fucking reviews. I bought it on steam at full price without the preorder bonuses (I think xcom enemy unknown was on of them). Kill me.

I have it and have been playing it natively with my wired 360 controller, no inputs or outside programs necessary. Now, dunno if you're using something else though, but that would make more sense then.

Did you play the Statue of Liberty and fucked off or something?

i got it 6 years ago when it was free, in total spended 15$ on keys wich i got about 2 keys profit from, but thanks to tf2 autistic trading i was able to afford a 600$ steam acount just from tf2 trading, so i don't know who is jewing who anymore

By bullshit I meant that it was repetitive and had no replay value, like you said.

I bought APB: Reloaded.

Max Payne 3 used to be mine. But in recent years, I've gone back and replayed it a few times. Aside from the awful Portuguese-language-barrier plot, the gameplay is actually kind of fun. My new biggest is Hitman Absolution, which I got for 50% off at release and it was still a gyp.

Oh yeah, I spent 60$ on APB: Reloaded and have 200 something hours in it.

I thought reloaded was always F2P?
Anyways I bought the original right before it died.

I played that game for a little bit and had some fun, but people who bought things in-game would dominate everyone

The AK you get after a few hours of play is by far the best weapon in the game, and you can also get the point and click 99% damage sniper in a few hours. It's not as pay to win as you'd think, it's just that everyone who still plays that game plays like complete scum, and use every exploit possible.

I bought The Sims 2 for 50 bucks from my neighbour when I was 12. I learned how to pirate games a month later.

I don't think you did, because Reloaded is free. You might have bought APB, though.

Lmao no kid, the game is shit but I have 4k hours and it was NEVER P2W. As a matter of fact, the meta consists of games available in the game itself, any cash-exclusive gun is almost always a downgrade in general, the only exceptions being when a gun is released because sometimes they make it overpowered as fuck then nerf it like a week down the line so people give them shekels.

The three most powerful guns in the game, the Joker Carbine, N-TEC, and HVR are all free (and available from very early on as well.) There are a million ways to criticize the game but this isn't it, it's just the fact that you're shit at the game and the people who killed you would have killed you with a blowtorch because they have 2k+ hours and you have three, this goes double if they have a weeb character.

I thought machinarium was pretty cool

I didn't know g1 shilled on Holla Forums but it looks like they do

Got a fat ps2 network adapter, 160gb ide hdd, and a ide to usb adapter. Well, the hard drive got fried as soon as I connected it to the PC and the network adapter isn't getting detected by the ps2 at all. Fuck this gay earth.

star cit

Buying a Xbox One, selling it for a PS4, selling the PS4, buying another PS4, selling that PS4, buying another PS4, selling that PS4 for a Switch, selling the Switch for a Wii U, selling the Wii U for a PS4. Now I want to sell the PS4, a shield portable and a 2DS for a Switch again. I have no fucking hope.

i remember having fun with this granted i was in middle school when this came out…

i think if you payed 5$ and got 10 hours out of it, i think it's worth it

WEW LAD

Crysis 2. And Fallout New Vegas, after I was informed none of the sales money was going to Obsidian.

Fucking underagefags GET OUT.

2010 was 7 years ago user…
im 19 now

First and last game I ever pre-ordered.

You are not helping your case.

Kill yourself then.

so am i but i have been browsing the internet since 2005 and browsing 4chan since 2006, it helped me with my english, still doesn't mean his taste is shit

DayZ

Just waiting for the day it comes out of EA to refund that bitch immediately.

HOME

It's some pixelshit indie horra game. You walk left, solve some puzzles, occasionally find hints of some upcumming spook only to get the ever tired ZOMG YOU WER DA KILLER ALL ALONG!!!1 I fell for this because I fell for the big wave of indie horror that was popular around it's time. I get that some horror games want to be subtle and not constantly have a monster chasing you around interrupting your puzzle solving, or worse, have halloween_mask.jpg pop up at obnoxious intervals, but making a horror game where the player is never in any actual danger is fucking lame. What good is all the creepy and dangerous atmosphere if I know that at no point am I ever going to be spooked. It's like trying to jerk off a nerve-dead penis. Rub all you like, you aren't gonna get anywhere. I regret paying for this turd and I always get butthurt whenever I see it pop up in those "Holla Forums's RECOMMENDED HORROR GAEMS" lists because I know that some poor dipshit is going to end up playing that bland joke of a game.

Alchemilla pulls the same "nothing is ever actually coming for you, there are no actual scares to worry about and there is literally no way to die" bullshit, but at least Alchemilla is free.

Pre-Order of Sonic Mania.

Thankfully i had enough foresight to get a refund before the Sonic 1 DLC could rape my return, but i bought a repre ordered it afterwards.

This fuckin' Turd. Fuck You Capcom!

what's wrong with it?

I don't think I've bought a single game after buying COD Modern Warfare 2 for the PC. It kind of changed my life. I started to think and realized how fucked up the whole video game industry is and started to play old games instead that I had missed out. I'm still on that path because with the exception of a few titles there just isn't any new games that interests me.

Never buying a game with 2 in the title ever again.

I bought that stupid Fallout 3 Lunchbox edition with that art book that was better than the fucking game.

That's what more than half of the people shitting on the game did.

I also still have that septim coin from Oblivion. I was still under the impression mods would fix it. I was absolutely a part of the problem.

Company of Heroes 2, but only sort-of because I didn't pay anywhere near full price for the game and still actually play it from time to time because the core gameplay isn't that bad.

lol

wew. lad.