The PS3

All those games, lost like tears in rain.

What's wrong with you user?

All 0000 of them?

Pretty much this. And if there aren't any such stores in your area, there's always ebay/amazon.

That costs money man.

Not when I can pick up Final Fantsy 6 on the GBA for $5.

then fucking pirate them you dumb fuck.

Good luck.

Luckily, there aren't very many good sony exclusive games (never have been).

>Luckily, there aren't very many good sony exclusive games in English

FTFY. Speaking of which, OP, you should also consider learning Japanese since the West vastly overprices any Japanese title sold in English while the game is selling for peanuts over in the East.

Go on ebay or amazon or any other site. hurry up and find all the obscure ones before they're gone, you dumb cuck. Also isnt there emulation for ps3?

Calling bullshit on that. Even Gamestop still stocks PS3, Wii, and 360, though it is getting to a point where they're not bothering much with the Wii. And independently run game stores have no reason to NOT stock for seventh gen, and will likely never "clear them out". Of course, I suppose it also depends on just what it is that you're looking for in the first place. Lot more liable to find, say, Lightning Fantasy XIII than Trinity Universe at an actual store.

There is but its not really viable.
It'd be cheaper to buy a 3.55 PS3 and then pirate games for it than to build a PC capable of emulating them at playable speeds.

Not quite all the way there but weeb RPG work well currently, I think all tales and all atelier games work fine and don't require outrageous PCs.

Alright faglords, this is what I did, and never looked back:

Just look for people near you that has a long list of usernames that did the same thing, or look up the price of a chip.

You're also to blame

How long can one expect those downgrade services to be available for, given we're already like three or four years into eighth gen at this point? Also, is there any way to feign updates to still be able to play physical copies of games that required past 3.55? Just something I've been wondering about.

It isn't really set for real use just yet. See the Drakengard 3 video if you want an idea.

This reminds me, what's a decent PS3 game source? PSNDL exists for some stuff only.

Their tools aren't limited to PS3 downgrading, all it's doing is writing stuff to the built-in storage.

There's still PS1 modchip made to this day, I think you're safe, and some of the downgrade boards are not PS3 specific anyway.

The newer CFW are 4.81 so you don't need to do anything.

Well some games work perfectly and even marginally better than the actual console like Okami HD but yeah bigger games don't run all that well, still Drakengard 3 for example already runs with higher frame rates than the console when your PC is powerful enough although it will crash when you go into intoner mode or get to the final tutorial fight and is missign a bunch of effects.

I'm pretty sure for any games past 4.30 (?) an update is mandatory. I remember updates being a big deal for netplay back then, but for the gap between 3.55-4.30, you could get away with campaign on 3.55. Always download game updates though.

ps3isos has been the most reliable for me. Links are constantly being updated since community drive and all that.

You have only yourself to blame for voting with your wallet and supporting cancerous console exclusives. It's cute watching the kids who grew up raving about how the locked down gen6+ shitbox of their choosing was better than the other one because "muh slucives r bettr than ur sclusives!". Then the hardware hits EOL and suddenly it becomes harder and harder to get a hold of those games you missed, and will eventually become impossible since the build quality on those shitboxes is fucking embarrassing.

Yet you never learn your lesson, and to this day you still support exclusives.

I've seen a number of PS3 games on nicoblog, including a prepatched Tales of Vesperia PS3 and Tales of Berseria PS3 patched with a ripped English text script. Also a number of games prepatched with Japanese dubs. They don't have everything though, for any system they have downloads for really. And the use of adfly for pretty much any link can be annoying.

I think there's also PS3iso or something, but if memory serves that's locked behind registration.

I meant more the actual "mail in to get downgraded" services, but thanks.

Neat; wish you could feign official firmware with the Vita like that. I've got a 160gb one (factory firmware was beyond 3.55 unfortunately) myself so understandably I can't do shit with it as far as modding goes. However, I've been considering looking into a CFW-applicable (or even pre-applied) one in order to make use of patched games in the future. Saw someone a while back claiming that you could readily find pre-or-at 3.55 ones online for like $70, but that doesn't appear to be the case when I've been checking.

Meant for that second part to be aimed at .

where are you that they aren't selling ps3 games anymore?
I know where I live you can still find in case PS1 games but still.

It's piss easy to get ahold of GC, PS2, and XBox games where I live (In the middle of nowhere). Actually, it's easy to get ahold of almost any Western release of a game for any console. However, my big complaint is that I cannot find any Sega CD games.

Except he didn't buy the things in the first place.
If you want to be self righteous at least pretend to not be retarded.

are you baka?

Same here; helps to know your local options and which are good, which are bad, and which tend toward bad but can be good on occasion. Albeit that there is the caveat that with a lot of the Gamecube library (that's worth playing), as well as a handful of PS2 titles, are not exactly cheap, even if readily available. Gamecube's practically the "3D SNES" in terms of price hikes for Nintendo systems here, though the library is smaller.

Talking about the hardware, champ. Re-read my post again.

He didn't buy a PS3?

You use Rebug? Admittedly I haven't tried anything very new on PS3. But I do happily use PSN on there.

Unless I found the wrong site, they have links open but the download hosts are restricted.

When the graphics are fixed it'll probably slow down again. That is such a horrendously optimized game compared to NIER.

Thankfully you can USB load them on Wiis these days, you don't have to give into the scalpers.

don't sweat it.
Jap companies are slowly jumping on the pc train.

Just start campaigns to get the good ones on pc

Yeah, true. These days I wouldn't even recommend someone pick up Gamecube games without already having some of the library first; ridiculous that easy to find, "must play" titles can be a good $35+ (meanwhile PS2 and Xbox games in similar categories are still really damn cheap in comparison). At the very least, I've been working slowly at mine, avoiding scalpers as I do it.

I admittedly haven't checked back there in a while, namely on account of not having a PS3 to use downdloaded PS3 games/DLC with anyhow.

Actually the trend with RPCS3 goes against that for now it not only gets tremendous speedups but more shit gets fixed as time goes.

Apparently they are developing a webkit exploit for the ps3 so that you can install cfw

You can still send your tg16 away for recapping or your 2600 for rgb modding. Ps3 cfw services will be around forever.

I wouldn't worry about that, it depends on which version of console or firmware you have, older Slim models can still be flashed to be downgraded to 3.55 and jailbroken, but for newer Slims and the Superslim models you pretty much only have the Cobra chip available. It shouldn't be hard finding someone to downgrade it, hell I know legal computer stores that do that kind of shit under the counter.

feels goodish man

We'll have functional emulation for the majority of games within the next two years.

For what, any PS3 make/original firmware above 3.55?

As far as I'm aware, mine is one of the second slim 160gbs, the first having been the one that had 3.55 at some point. I'm almost certain mine came with above that out of the factory.

So, does that have the same functionality that CFW would give for a jailbroken model? Admittedly not real up-to-date with things.

Not like Demon's Souls is all that hard to find these days, or expensive either. I'm just saying. Still a good game.

That's the idea, last I checked it wasn't doing really well.

Look at the serial number of your machine, if it's 21xx or lower you can flash it and downgrade it so it can be jailbroken, otherwise you have to get a Cobra chip.
I'm not too knowledgeable about it myself. As far as I know it has roughly the same functionality and you can use it to play online, dunno what the risk of being banned from PSN is though, but I reckon it's much lower. You can also disable it if you want the PS3 to run normally. I think you can't add things like emulators on it though, but I don't have any first-hand experience with a chipped PS3 so I can't tell for certain. What I can tell is that a Cobra chip is much pricier, where I'm from flashing is 25€, while a Cobra chip is 100€.

Oh and I forgot, if the serial number is 25xx, only the ones which have the 0C or 0D date code can be flashed, if you don't have either of those on the date code you're fucked when it comes to flashing.

That's a shame. Maybe in time something will be figured out though, especially since the PS3's kind of seen the "swan songs" of its (non sports, licensed, and shovelware) releases the last year or so, to the point where even Japanese multiplats are getting the PS4 exclusive treatment out here (I'll give Atlus credit for still putting out Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir and Persona 5 as multiplats here).

Yeah, I just checked, mine's a 3001A. Unfortunately at that point that was the only 160gb make being sold new. I suppose I could have sprung for a used one, but I was worried about longevity, especially since at that point they were still a $250 or more purchase (which certainly beat thePS3's infamous launch pricetag, but still).

I lucked out when I bought my used PS3 because the store that sold it also offered a warranty if you paid extra (nothing too much, 15€ for each year of warranty up to a maximum of 3), so I went with it since I at least had mitigated risk. It was a good decision in the end because they gave me a faulty Dualshock with the console and to make up for it the absolute madmen replaced it with a brand new one.

Try finding a Vita outside of Japan that isn't used.

I just went and took a look at mine, and it's 2100A. I assume this is just fine? Where do I go from here to flash it?

Yes, this one will work 100%, the only time you have to check the last 2 numbers and the letter is if you have a 25xx model, in which case 0C and 0D work 100%, while there's a chance that 1A models will get fubar'd if you downgrade to 3.55, but most of them can be downgraded just fine. Now you either have to:
a) build a flasher yourself
b) buy a flasher
c) find someone who has a flasher to downgrade for you
In my experience E3 flashers and Teensy++ 2.0 work best, E3 doesn't work on early fat models, while Teensy works on anything, I have no experience with any other software.

Rebug 4.81 is great! No worries about a nag screen about upgrading, plus it has all the upgraded Cobra features, built-in webman-mod (the better version of webman), and they fixed that annoying wireless controller bug on the PS2 emulator.

blu-ray games are still cheap online.

OP don't be retarded, hackers will always find a way. Don't forget that Sony updated the firmware on PS3 as late as this year, eventually though they'll stop supporting it and the hackers will crack it from there. Patience my son.

Now my question is: What the fuck JRPGs were you going to play on PS3? Ni No Kuni?

Tales of Vesperia is one of them. Assholes never gave that one to the western world.

Well, they did release it on the 360, but it's an inferior version. PS3 patched version is a godsend.

And to answer - Probably a lot of JRPGs… Sony platforms are the JRPG platforms du jour by far:

So you planned on being a nigger and stealing them from retail stores? It would have cost money from stores too.

At least it's not the original $20k asking price.

Doesn't a DEX CFW provide everything you would need?

Depends on how good the homebrew documentation is.

Bitch, peoples still buy them new in japan and it even outsold Xbone

#1 kek