Gaul only shows up in like 5 cutscenes then is a shittier Oryx but with elemental powers who just flies around shooting...

There thats the 25 hour Destiny 2 experience for anyone who didnt buy it but wanted to know.

I'm guessing all the names are grossly inaccurate in their mythological references, right?

I saw the flying pyramids and read Osiris and thought that this was a Stargate thread at first. Needless to say I am disappointed.

Why do writers think that The 'Insert scary sounding word here' is a remotely cool let alone remotely acceptable to have as the name of your fictional alien thing?

How many The 'Insert any word here' does Destiny 2 even have? Is there the mysterious and ancient The Clown Baby or the terrifying The Cock Sucker and of course the mystifyingly terrible The Cuckhold.

Not MUCH more gameplay, but ME set that bar low enough for a fucking DIndu's lice to use as a limbo stick.

Why live?

So the Darkness isn't some omnipotent entity or supernatural force that devours life but a bunch of space kangz, how fucking disappointing.

I never understood why the Stargate license was never really used ever again. I mean the universe is cool and creative as fuck and the license can't be that expensive, I'd love a Stargate themed shooter or a strategy game or anything really. They need to bring Stargate back.

Indeed.

AYY HOL UP

I would like an action rpg where you play a Jaffa under a System Lord who's tasked with rooting out conspiracy and rebellion amongst his/her own Jaffa/slaves/Unas.

Apparently Stargate was a clusterfuck of who-owns-what under MGM. Since Sony brought it I think they consolidated their complete ownership and they probably don't want to do Stargate vidya until they get their Stargate reboot off the ground. Since the movie continuation series has stalled out you can expect some vidya to come as a result of the new Stargate prequel series being developed.

There's a Stargate prequel series being developed? Why do I have a bad feeling about this.

To be honest, I associate stargate with the main cast of SG1 exclusively. Anything without those characters wouldn't feel right to me.
I mean, it's not just a case of "waah, if it's different then I won't like it". The whole show had a cool universe, aesthetic and villains, but SG1 and its shenanigans stole the show completely. They're stargate's soul.
It was never really the same without Apophis either

Trailer.

Because Universe was a gay soap opera in space.

This new series is only like 10 minute long episodes uploaded to youtube, it's planned for one season and will only go longer if fans care about it. It is probably being made as a trial run to gauge fan-reaction to a new style or something for a full tv series given that the film series fell through (thankfully).

I never played that shit, but that synopsis sound absolutely horrible

I'm not really sure which generic term in OPs post is supposed to be the scary alien guys.

Who's the redhead with the titties? Does she have nudes?

But user, you have an entire mmo based on the franchise, what more could you want?

No. I've checked.

For it to have been finished and released?

I was under the impression that it did get released, but apparently you are right.

… You know, I almost feel it could make an Assassin's Creed tie-in. No, that's likely not a good idea, I know, never said it had to be.

I like SGA's cast better, tbh.

McKay was as funny as he was in SG1 but that was really about it. The setting of Atlantis itself and how the cast had to discover it was alright though.

I think they're The Taken, The Vex, The Fallen, The Lost, and The Hive. And maybe The Traveler and The Darkness. That's a lot of "The X"'s.

what the hell is that? i was pumped to fight some cabal.

True kikery.

Don't forget the extremely cringy dialogues and writing. I hope they didn't want us to like Suraya Hawthorne.

Did they really try to make the player care about those 3 shitty characters that were at the Tower voiced by 3 Hollywood actors? Why?
They didn't know what to do with her and the brother in the first game so they killed both of them in a DLC, now Bungo is bringing her back because people liked her. (that's what I get from that fanfiction-tier writing coming from Bungo)
Those pyramids/triangle shapes look like the same geometic motif that they used for the SIVA.
Did they tone down Nathan Fillion's ad-libs or is he as Whedon/Reddit-cringy as he was in the trailer?

I watched someone play the first part of the game, I was already sick of that stronk womyn 2 minutes after she appeared on screen.

No, all the NPCs sounds likes they have the vocabulary of a 14 years old.

Oh ffs, why do they keep doing that? It pisses me off that they don't understand that the sarcastic/Whedon tone ages like milk.

I hope it flops

But Milk is good when it's fresh. That kind of writing is awful at first and only gets worse as time goes on.

25 hours? I've heard that it was 4 hours from other people. Where are the other 21 hours spent?

WE WUZ REAPERS

They killed the shooter(s), and they killed the MMO(s), now we just have to wait and see if the reboot actually happens.

Also, we are apparently actually getting a decent looking fan game. There's also a Homeworld mod out, and the ships are one of my favourite parts of the series, so win-win.

That's not really a game, it's more like a virtual tour/simulation.

There's also an Empire at War mod and a Sins of a Solar Empire mod all in the works currently. Both look okay, but aren't done.

Bungie lost what competence they had left when they lost halo

They lost it before they lost Halo, they lost a lot of talent mid-Halo.

You know, the darkness kinda has a point.