Do you also love secret areas left on a disc you can glitch into in game?

Do you also love secret areas left on a disc you can glitch into in game?

Ever since i saw .hack//SIGN as a teen and its concept of 'net slums' which in story were areas in the mmo setting gm's couldn't reach where hackers lurked i got fascinated with out of level places left behind in the code.

Sometimes its buggy messes, sometimes its a dev tribute to a dead friend but sometimes you find entire levels, bosses or simply areas that are so tonally different it makes you wonder what changed.

Do you also love these kinds of areas?

Do you feel the feel i am feeling deeply?

But how many A presses does it take?

FUCKING PLEB

Granted it was totally useless, but it was interesting and weird.

I know it was just lazy copypasta filler, but still.

On the topic of empty houses, this was spooky.

Shenmue 2 is probably the game with the single worst replay value of all time. Once you know how how anti-climactic everything is going to be you really never touch it ever again.

A digital switch only has two states, on and off, there is no half. That meme is retarded and you should stop propagating it.

i recall in TERA there was the city of Baldera that was only reachable trough mountain climbing
Every patch they tried harder an dharder to lock it away.
Eventually they threated people looking for it with bans and shit
But it was kinda odd, a whole complete city with NPCs (were removed later) and a strange forest with large Crystal and rivers

game engine code typically recognizes 4 states for a digital switch:
instant it's pressed, instant it's released, currently pressed, and currently unpressed
a half-press utilizes at most 2 of these, typically currently pressed and instant of release

Das it mane.

I love me some people pretending to be retarded

If you actually watched the video you'd know the "half an A press" is just a term used to describe a press that was carried over from a previous A press. There are no half presses in a full run.

**from a previous segment

Yes. Glitch exploration is fun, it makes you want to explore. Glitch to a spot in an fps where no one can hit/see you is fun. CS 1.6 2-3 man stacked jumps to reach a spot, so many spots in each map.
LOTR:Conquest was my favorite for glitching. Back in 09 or so I had a group of 2 or 3 and we found 100-200+ inaccessible spots over the course of a summer, few hours each day. The secret spots were so insane I wish we could have someone record them, would have been popular. In multiplayer team vs team you could glitch above a mountain, under the map, outside the bounds, inside a closed house, inside a mountain, outside castle walls (which was only accessible in singleplayer). You could do this in EVERY multiplayer map and reach singleplayer regions, and snipe as an archer. Game was so fun, would love to showcase it one day, don't have a ps3 anymore though, and game ain't compatible to emulate yet.

there was a whole underground area in world of warcraft full of some gruesome shit that was locked away
no one knows why it was sealed off, but some theories are that it was gruesome enough to increase the ESRB rating, or some say it was just an unfinished dungeon
it was easy to glitch into and explore it early on, but each expansion made it harder and harder to get into, and everytime a new method was found, it was fixed in the next big patch
it was called the karazhan crypts or something

I think the only way to access it now is to have a saved teleport location there, or being summoned by someone who does.

Hellgate had a lot of them. I think I'm the only guy who ever found them, too.

There were a lot of things like this, AI pathfinding test levels.

And levels broken in exotic ways.

One of the devs had a pic of his kid in a sound test (footsteps on surfaces) level.

I have no idea what this was for but I went there because I could.

The problem is how pannen reacted when he was called out on his retarded term. He could have explained what he meant by that and quit calling it a half press, but no, he had to act smug about the clear misnomer.

You could even get inside the character select screen and run around. Normally your camera is fixed forward and this Olaf guy is where your character model would be. I've added some random's pic of the character select screen so you can see what I mean.

No. This always makes me feel bad thinking they could have made a bigger/better game if they had more time instead of feeling that that it's just a neat thing to look at after an idea was scrapped.

That's actually really neat. Shame about the game itself though.

One of these days we might get that fabled sequel.

I've been reverse engineering Subnautica lately. They had a whole 'Radiant AI' system that they scrapped recently due to it not coming together in time. Was sad, but then these things seem to be the siren's song for devs don't they.

Knowing that the only thing beyond the wall was an endless gray void made me feel really claustrophobic in the underground areas.

I remember why i didn't pay attention to Fable at all.

For your exploration boners, one of the best WoW exploration videos ever.

Just remembered this one. Demons Souls had an entire unfinished snow level still on disk.

It's not really a misnomer if you describe "pressing a button" as a combination of both the acts of pressing and releasing the button like nearly every fucking person on earth does
The player is only pressing the button once to achieve two completely separate actions, therefore the act of "pressing the button" is split into the two "halves" of press and release
It's not a complicated goddamn concept

At least it lead to Yharnam eventually.

I fucking hate devs like this.

Also video related, when you go out of bounds and have to navigate around invisible walls with your camera going spazzy, objects around you are textured and lit in uncanny ways, no particle effects or atmosphere, and visible geometry may or may not be solid.

All MMOs are designed by power tripping communists I swear. It's just a virtual rat's maze to get you to behave a certain way.

Silent Storm has a hidden hotseat vs. multiplayer, you need to enable console commands and use specific 4 digit codes for the maps.

Blizzard did the same thing with WoW, fucking kikes. Old ironforge, the troll village, lower karazhan and the place with archimonde I forgot.

I remember in Call of Duty World at War there was that glitch you could do to get out of the map to make it easier to kill that Wehrmacht general. The entire area was empty, there were no ambient sounds, not even music, if you ran to certain places, German soldiers would materialize out of thin air and they would never say anything, even if you shot them and when the general eventually did come out and you killed him, you are warped to where you were supposed to be. It was really fucking creepy.

"No A Press" means "No A Touch", the rest is autistic idiocy.

Is there a video of that? Sounds amusing and spooky.

Here you go and I was wrong about the ambient and music, they are there, they are just extremely basic such as far away gunshots and the guitar plucking.

Mt. Hyjal.

Oh, so there are more people like that?

I actually played a lot of games because of that, in the past. Loved that shit, even when the areas were completely empty. I enjoyed just seeing how far away from normal areas that I could get.

It was a long time ago and just doesn't seem to happen anymore, though. I am sad now.

i remember reading Baldera was originally planed to be the map for the lvl 65 stuff
But bluehole changed devs and stuff and they never did anything with it, or the huge empty space behind the vampire manor thing

Fuck you TJ

TJ "Henry" Yoshi did nothing wrong. except interacting with an arch-autist.

But that's fucking retarded
If you just touched the button it wouldn't do anything
You could touch the button as many goddamn times as you felt like and nothing would ever happen if you didn't actually press it down

That half finished city in the G1 pokemans still kinda spooks me.

if i recall correctly, TERA had like huge map areas unfilled/unused
Only Baldera had something implemented