L.A. Noire Remastered

Why?

Because you didn't buy enough shekel cards

Well. I guess its just a port of pc version.

to milk the IP so that they don't lose rights to it :^)

Remaster GTA2 you fucks.

Why not a sequel with Jack Kelso

I was hoping for a pc version/remaster of RDR.

How was the pc version? Did it run better than the console one?

I'm down if the Switch version runs competently well in handheld mode.

I'd only care if they remastered it into a less shit game

There we go, that could be something
I know it's gonna be shit, but it's still something

It ran pretty well, even pirated. Speaking of which, I need to find a new pirated version because all of them require a fake account from the Rockstar Community Whatever The Fuck and the one I had to use was a chinese account that apparently was shared and no longer works. Fucking hell.

You forgot the VR version.
Now that R* is doing remasters kikery we might see RDR on PC before emulation caughts up.

soon they'll remaster gta2 and it'll require (((rockstar social club)))

We've got to have money.webm

impressed, I liked the game tho

does this mean we're getting a sequel soon?

Fitgirl's repack worked out of the box for me. I'd post it, but that would require me to open a new window :^)

Gee user, I can't think of a reason.

Who asked for this? Nobody asked for this. Who'll buy this? Hopefully nobody will buy this, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Fucking why?
Jesus Christ, it happened a couple of years ago.

I've heard the first was a financial disaster, so there will never be sequel, it sold well, but was insanely expensive to make because of the production hell or something

Games are taking way too long to make now, so they're looking to find more ways to keep afloat.

The PC version of LA Noire was OK. It had some minor issues which could be worked around.

Where did you hear that? The first one sold gangbusters but the studio closed down anyway because of poor work conditions and the fact the owner wanted to license his obsolete mocap technology.

I have no good source, basically a rumor, I hope it's wrong, I liked the game mostly because of the theme and era, I guess

It was passable but could have been much better. I found the responses to the facial expressions too much of a guessing game.

Fuck this game. I preordered it after coming off the rdr high, thinking I'd sell it within a week to recoup.

The game turned out so shitty and boring that I never finished it.

2011 was 6 years ago, user.

I want to believe but I know I shouldn't

Eh maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but wasn't it played as the usual stiff shirts who believed in McCarthyite boogeyman? It's perfectly mainstream acceptable to make media about the red scare and witch hunting.

I'm pretty sure that's the whole reason the first game got away with it and did it so flagrantly. Though I'm sure they are gonna tie the McCarthyism into trump somehow.

Cause they lost the sauce code to Red Dead Redemption.

Come on user, don't kid yourself.

ERIOIRE > LAMAJ

Why not? Doesn't take nearly as much effort to update the graphics, maybe add small things in, and resell it for full price.

It wasn't presented as a boogeyman in the first game.
You had literal communists and anarchists on top of a media industry filled with kiddy diddlers.

I wonder (((why))) the game wasn't a success….

Hard to believe nothings changed in over half a century

But it was.
The game sold well. Where the fuck are you people getting this bullshit from?

I never even played it. Was it any good?

I remember it as being fairly popular back when it came out

Wasn't this game fuckhueg when it came out? The full 360 version was like 5 DVD9s, this will only be larger. Also the ending sucks ass'

I'm hoping this game will fit on one Switch cart and not do what other AAA publishers are doing on Switch recently by making half the content accessible only via download.

I won't hold my breath. At least the game industry makes it really easy to pass on games.

I liked it. Can't say it was the best game ever, but it filled my itch for being a noir detective of the 40s.

No. It was OK for a single playthrough, but the game has zero replayability.

It's a retard detector. There are one or two questions in the whole game (that are lies) that are kind of obtuse in how you answer them, but most people who complained first time through just weren't smart enough to keep all the information of a case in the head.

Its a pretty good adventure game. The problem is that it isn't just an adventure game.

yeah I enjoyed everything about the game but the ending. At least it was quick.

to add onto this:
Truth = Coerce, when you can detect the person isn't lying and want to gently reason with them.
Doubt = Force, used when you ABSOLUTELY KNOW you have ZERO evidence on a statement/question and so you must force something out of the other, quitting their bullshit
Lie is straightforward, and also gives you a very good clue every time you use it on whether or not Lie is the correct way to go. When you use Lie, pay attention what the accused asks or how they respond. Obviously, if they ask for something you don't have, back out.

I see you shlomo. Buying every copy and giving them out as gifts.

Instant classic.

Looks like they caught wind of all the reaction images.

You do realise LA Noire was like the most successful, well selling, and critically acclaimed new IP for years? Literally all you have to do is search LA Noire to find out, you don't need to go on rumors.

LA Noire is a really great and original game that took a lot of risks. I wish more games would try to be as sophisticated as it, most Rockstar published games are pretty awful compared to the amount of quality that was poured into this game. Takes a bit of getting used to but man I love this game.

lmao, when is someone going to tell him?

I find it funny that a game that thrusts the morphine-pushing Jewish Mafia into the spotlight is being called "unsuccessful." One can only (((guess.)))

Stop being a fuckin idiot and just enjoy the game

I do enjoy it very much. And that is one of the biggest reasons why. How come that bothers you so much? :^)

>tfw anons will defend this, buy this, then pretend they didn't to be "cool" kids on the internet because it's Rockstar

The concept was interesting but the final product was bad because of the tech they used. The facial mocap was bad so most of the time I couldn't tell the difference between an honest answer and a lie because most of the actors had a huge spotlight in front of them when they recorded their lines so they always squint and look left and right.

It bothers me because I just wish we could have a conversation on good video games without it spiraling into identity politics and ideological preferences. JUST FOR ONCE

Name a single game with better facial mapping and capture?

Are you the user who defended the company's shitty tech the last time we had a LA Noire thread?
Come on, most of the recent games using facial capture are way better than what was done at the time by Team Bondi.
The game was ahead of its time and I think it suffered from it.

I just think this is an odd choice to remaster. They could have redone Red Dead Redemption in time for the second to come around and that would make more sense, though maybe not on the switch.
It's a decent game, I guess? Shame what should have been "press" became "doubt", thus making the writing come out a bit weird, and that the entire goddamn city is just hollow except for what you need for cases. That was what kinda killed it for me, even though I finished the story. I wanted a fuller world of the time, killing some nigs with Roy and actually being able to explore bars and stores and all that.
What I got was an ugly German broad and a cardboard city, where the only reason to drive through it being to collect cars that you would barely drive.

It's the age we live in user. Maybe in another ten years it'll settle down.

Your stupid youtube e-celeb waifu is a rugmunching faggot.

Like what? Name me the games. And nah I wasn't in the last LA Noire thread but I think the game looks great (PC version) and I can't think of any game which has as realistic and human faces as that game.

Pic related and they were too lazy to just make a damn sequel or prequel

Team Bondi was closed down I thought.

look at post see Switch, see the name Switch and I wonder do people really wanna game a cinematic game on the switch, then I realized it's one of the only games on the Switch since the launch. And I realized that was the criticisms of the Vita .

They are since the shitstorm of muh workhours being too long or something in that nature. And Rockstar not liking the management of what happen to LA noire. The funny thing is, they where working on a game that sounded promising.

They weren't lazy. They had to literally invent all of the technology they used to make the game. It's why it took so long to make. (something like 5 years). They said making a sequel to the game would be much easier because they've already created all of the cameras now so it would take closer to 2 years like a normal sandbox game.

However the balls are in Rockstar's court if they wanna make a sequel since they own the franchise.

Yes Team Bondi closed down the same year as LA Noire. The game was in development for like 5 years

The game was delayed for a really long time because they had to invent all of the camera technology for it. Also the management were supremely huge dicks and apparently had a very antagonistic relationship with their original publisher which almost got the game cancelled. It was rescued at the last minute by Rockstar. Pic related is the original logo compared to Rockstar's redesign.

Team Bondi's tech needed actors to sit completely still while mocapping.
Rockstar surpassed LA Noire's mocap tech with GTA 5, same for the Yakuza games.

It wasn't mocap. It was reality capture/motion scan. In the sense that all they had to do was setup a camera for the actors and not setup dots on their face.

Hence came the problem.
It was highly inefficient and I think the director of Team Bondi has a patent on it which pretty much means no widespread use.

>hates (((Hollywood)))
A fallen hero. I'd dig a sequel if they fixed the gameplay and framerate. Maybe it could be in Chicago at around the same time.

lmao GTA5 looks fuckin garbage in terms of facial expression compared to LA Noire, not even remotely comparable in terms of the quality, I have played up to Yakuza 4 and come on, are you serious? Yakuza is cartoony and unrealistic

It was highly inefficient entirely because they were working with experimental technology that they created specifically for the project.

Theoretically this sort of technology could advance to the point where it eclipses mocap in terms of accuracy. That is if Team Bondi didn't bite the dust immediately after the game released

I'm pretty sure Rockstar would just hire the guy if they were doing a sequel or buy it off him. They have the money.

Nah you're a fucking retard

Thanks for confirming you have no idea wtf you are talking about

You know what would be great is if they add about 10 more missions cause the only thing I hated about this game was that it was so short.

This tech had 2 problems:
-impossibility to direct the actor in a dialogue sequence, so they end up with a character that looks straight ahead, never reacts naturally to a conversation
-heavy lighting, making the actors uncomfortable (lots of blinking, squinty-eyes)
I still believe that Team Bondi should've used the mocap system that is used a lot these days (the one with the dots on the face and the body capture). It would feel more natural and blend better with the 3D models and environment.

on PC too?

Cole is good but he was a faggot who (legit spoilers for the game dont look fucking nigger) didn't know how to manage morale in his squad and got a bullet for his troubles, pissing everyone off to the point where just him getting decorated incited his own men to start one of the biggest morphine waves in LA

Hey it's Ozawa Hitoshi.

On PC too. It can only be increased by altering the game's memory via cheat engine or something like that.
But then you get a horribly optimized game that won't run at consistent 60fps, and the facial expressions are rendered at 30fps.

The game was going to have 2 more desks. (iirc Burglary and Fraud). Burglary was even going to feature 2 partners for Cole. It canonically still occurs between Traffic and Homicide just in the final game there's a timeskip. At one point Cole even meets his partners in Burglary and says hi to them.

Team Bondi said that because the game was so delayed and because they legit couldn't fit more cases onto the disk they ended up getting cut. So blame consoles for why the game isn't longer.

LA Noire was never good, it was a handholdey as fuck game that didn't let me be the detective. Investigation progress was easy and on obvious rails. I couldn't just find an important item and decide for myself what it means, my character or my partner had to go GEE WIZ THIS MEANS WE SHOULD GO TO THIS PLACE NEXT.

I can just see this scene being censored.

Cool, thanks. I'm probably just gonna get it for PS4 in a year or two when the price drops.

To be fair, that was the standard way of killing convicts back then, not just jews.

Shit, is that the reason for all the morphine? I thought that it was to help fund all the vets.

True, but I think telling a Jew up front that he's going to get gassed is pretty bold.

have you seen the final flashback with cole's squaddies on the ship back home? the reason they take the morphine is because they're fed up with cosy boys like cole taking all the valor

??????????????????????????????
It's long as fuck, my man.

I don't recall that. Wasn't Cole a genocide machine before getting fucked up in the head, though?

They stole the morphine to distribute the funds to veterans, because: 1) a lot of them had bad wounds that would require expensive medical care, and 2) they didn't want to go back to living in poverty, especially after they'd sacrificed so much during the war.

wheres the demand for this? The game has fuckall replayability so there's not a lot of demand for remasters

STOP

Of course yeah, but they don't hatch this plan until after reading about Cole's honors in the paper and getting riled by up Courtney's speech. The only one who isn't is Kelso

what's wrong with that? isn't the finger on the trigger worse?
t. noguns

cupping the bottom of the gun like that does literally nothing to benefit the user

It's not good trigger discipline, but cup-and-saucer is much worse.
The gun kicks backwards. If you're going to use both hands, they should be something like pic related. Cup-and-saucer would make sense if you were trying to stop the gun from kicking downward, but that doesn't happen.

I recommend you get some taste.

I think he means L.A Confidential, user.

thanks

o-oh…

Holding a hunk of steel at the extremity of your reach fatigues your muscles and causes tremors. Cup and saucer, as well as the grip you posted, are for stabilizing aim, not reducing recoil. Recoil from average handguns is not significant enough to compensate for.

We won't see that in a sequel.

Instant shit/10.

cup and saucer was a period technique in widespread use

Bullshit. Most people in the 1940s fired their pistols one-handed.
And two-handed grips are not "autistic tacticool shit," you nogunz nigger.

why the fuck do they remaster games that were made not too long ago? is it going to at least be above 30 FPS? i highly doubt it

"remaster" just means it'll actually run at 1080p this time.

Switch in handheld mode outperforms the cuckbox one

and the 3ds outperforms the ps4

I doubt that's true but I would like to see the actual numbers, I imagine it comes fairly close considering how fucking weak the original Xbone is and how people underestimate the power of these Tegras

So you're blind, too.

The only value here is that it's coming to Switch, which means I can play it in bed, being all comfy.

Is there a mod that fixes the truth, doubt, lie faggotism?

Here.

McCarthy did nothing wrong.

McCarthy was right after all, the Venona documents confirm widespread Soviet espionage and subversion.

Dipshit.

The only thing to be changed is "Doubt" to "Force". Are you that autistic?

McCarthy's only mistake was showing up ten years after the problem had been solved and holding the government hostage for attention.

No.
Doubt should be Press because it makes Cole go psycho.
Truth should be Coax because you sometimes use it when they are lying to your face.
Lie should be Accuse because the rest of them are actions now.

Gee, I'd hate to be the retard that didn't know you could turn off the clue finding cues in the options menu. Good thing I'm not you.

But how ? Commie shit grew non-stop during all this decades, becoming the mess we see in the current years. What a shit show.

This shit should not be allowed.

Found the Jew.

Just so you all know, if they make a sequel without the director of LA Noire, it will be shit. He wrote the entire thousand page long script.

t. noguns faggot that's never fired a .45, 9mm, .357, .44, or literally any handgun above maybe a .25 and even those tend to buck some due to their light weight.

You shouldn't hold a handgun cup and saucer. For a multitude of reasons. One being that on a semiautomatic pushing on the magazine can cause weird jams on certain models. Most 1911's don't like to have their magazines pushed on while you fire them, for instance. Less pronounced on a revolver where it merely doesn't help you aim or control recoil.

t. faggot that has fired more handguns than you have I can almost guarantee you

I hope the creepy facial animations that aged horribly get fixed.

>accusations
oh gee what a ((coincidence))…

The facial animation in LA Noire was great. If you didn't like it, you're gay.

This. Teacupping is good for slow fire or the first shot. Any other time you want to put as much of your palms on the grip, as high as fucking possible, and then clamp your fingers around the grip (NOT BEFORE THE PALM IS ON THE GRIP! AFTER YOU NO GUNZ FUCKHEADS). This gives the human hand a near vice like grip and then it is just learning how to absorb recoil without throwing your wrists up.
When you apply basic physics and human anatomy, guns are fucking simple.

No. As a free roam game it was garbage with the worst citizen AI ever. Even if it was never meant to be such a type of game, they present you with a noire themed GTA world where you can drive around streets full of citizens but they strip all sort of GTA-esque actions because you are only allowed to drive around without crashing into anything or else you get deducted money for your job. Running over people just makes them clip through your car, you can't flip over cars, it's a normalfag simulator.

When it came to being a detective, your choices never held character and much of the emotion detecting tasks were largely subjective unless it was blatantly obvious. There is only so many subtle differences between being nervous and lying especially amongst hundreds of different faces. If it wasn't obvious, you gotta walk around the crime scene at 0.2 cm/second until you find shit to pick up and use as evidence. Then you go back and yell at the suspect. Congrats its a chase scene, you aren't allowed to shoot him until the chase sequence ends because he gets hit by some car.

It's shit and they poured millions into the technology it has.

The Switch has frame drops in Sonic Mania and usually has the worst performance of multiplats.

Even in DQH, the Vita Port, while having much simpler graphics, looks aesthetically better and runs much faster than the Switch version.

the Facial Capture for LA Noire was truly ahead of its time. I'm sure most of the kids on this board can't even comprehend how it worked. It's a shame the studio closed down, which led to rumors of the game being a financial failure. Given it was the first attempt at such a thing (at least in the Modern Gen consoles, Siren on PS2 used a similar process), I'm sure if more devs tried it, we'd have Movie Quality Gameplay on current gen… I hope this HD vers sells well enough to warrant a sequel.

Also, Anyone who hates LA Noire is just mad it wasnt GTA Los Angeles in the 40s. Honestly, if this HD port had a free roam fuck about mode where you can play as a criminal with the regular GTA wanted rating, I'm sure it'd get 10/10s immediately

Exactly

Team Bondi was fucked before R* bought it

Pretty sure it sold well into the millions.I doubt they didn't make a fair profit off it in the end.

Need money or preparing for a L.A. Noire sequel. Might be good.

I didn't know LAN was based on black dahlia. I quite like the movie, even if it's for a circumstantial reason my then girlfriend really liked some other romantic movie with the same actor that plays the mc, when we saw it in the video rental, she picked it up based on the cover alone, because of this actor, we went blind into it and I was pleasantly surprised to watch a detective movie instead of a romance, so there's that
Still, haven't played this game, is it good enought to pick at a discount price?

his politics are retarded.

America won so hard, than in 50 years they are now 52% white with countless "whites" being actually mestizos

LA Noire was good enough to buy full price.

You're retarded. The US Government allowed Pearl Harbor to happen to drag Americans into a Jewish war. The Americans are objectively the bad guys in WW2. Cole Phelps was woke as fuck .

He didn’t say that. He said he understood why it happened.
We (meaning ✡FDR✡) forced their hand by violating the trade treaty we had with them for the express purpose of goading them into attacking so that the US could destroy Germany. Learn your history.

It's like they lack any imagination whatsoever.

You're fucking retarded, and North Korea is in fact your responsibility, just like China.
I'm glad USA didn't get involved in Polish-Bolshevik war because entire europe would've been red considering your track record
:( nukes r bad, never again.

Reminder that the only country which would be willing and capable of using nukes is Israel.

Go play GTA, nigger. LA Noire is for white people, so you obviously don't enjoy it.

protip: most niggers fear anything pre-MLK like they fear water. I'm suggesting you have more nigger-free games, not fewer, you retard.

Cool fiction, bro.

Fuck off, kike.

Look ma, I can shitpost too

We know, you've been shitposting this entire time.

lmao

I'm still not seeing an argument, you may disgree but all you're doing here is the equivalent of tipping your fedora.

Shows how DUMB usa ip laws are..

I came here to check these.

Reported for not even trying. It’s on the public record, kike.

Fage news :DDDD

Wracaj do swojego zadupia cebulaczku.

What about the PC version? Or are they porting the PC version to the consoles?

Some of the textures in this game is dogshit.

Why are people this retarded?

This. What the fuck is wrong with Rockstar? Why can't they do anything right?

Careful what you wish for.

Cole Phelps' decision to cheat on his wife and betray his family is the single most baffling decision I've ever seen a character take in a video game. There is literally zero chemistry between him and the probable coalburner junkie jazz singer up until he inexplicably decides to visit her in the middle of the night. There's no build up whatsoever.

video games are typically written by people with no respect for crafting characters or narratives. They think "anybody can write" and covet the writing credit in a vain attempt to shake-off the nerd stink. To the extent that its an attempt to keep out the SJW crusader / interlopers from their projects, it's understandable, i suppose, but it hurts the product not having someone with a dedicated skillset integrated into the team. Naughty Dog, for instance, hired a real writer - a female in fact - and the early Uncharted games were superlative because of the wise decision.