With the zombie craze finally dying down (no pun intended), what are some good games that involve the living dead?

With the zombie craze finally dying down (no pun intended), what are some good games that involve the living dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/7/?
nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/70/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dead Nation was a pretty good little isometric shooter
Everyone knows all the popular titles like Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead
You could try Dying Light, it's supposed to be an improved version of Dead Island.
Red Dead Redemption had a zombie horde mode that was pretty good, but the multiplayer is likely dead at this point
I've never played Dead Rising, but those are supposed to be pretty good.
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure one of the Call of Duty games had a zombie mode.
The Legend of Zelda has Redeads, those things are pretty creepy looking, especially when they attach themselves to Link and hump him to death, but they're only a minor enemy.
If you want gay storytime, you can play The Last of Us and The Walking Dead, but who cares about that gay shit.

There are probably a lot more but whatever this is what comes to the top of my head when you say, "zombie games"

State of Decay.

Cry of Fear, sort of.

7DaystoDie is great if you want a first person zombie sim with RPG and building elements. Mind you it's still in early access but it's more than playable as is.

Just for the record The Last of Us' story is actually pretty shit. I watched it recently and it's basically just "MUH PATRIARCHAL MALES ARE EVIL!" bullshit where you can tell how every character is going to act based on their race and sex (if they're white and male you can bet they either were evil or are currently evil, this includes the lead character). Beyond that the plot is basically: "we have to go to this location through this dangerous territory. Oh shit, we got to the location but everyone is dead, this means we have to go to another location through dangerous territory", repeat over and over.The only reason the games media hyped it as having a good story is because it's cuck-centric.

dead rising dats all u need

Cataclysm: Dark days ahead is pretty good if you like roguelikes and want to murderhobo yourself through the zombie/robot/alien/mutant apocalypse. Honestly the game has lots of shit to do and die to. The downside is that the devs are faggots and keep adding stupid shit like fursuits and dildos.

7 Days was one of those surprisingly good games despite what it looked like at first glance. Lots of fun to be had, but bring friends.

Has Project Zomboid gotten any better with updates?

I'll get shit on for "muh open world survival game" but 7 days 2 die is pretty decent crafting wise if you're big into autism. Apart from crafting the best thing 7 days offer is customization for your world. You can use seeds or design the world yourself if you have an advanced case of autism. You can also configure how you want your dead to behave so you can have 28 days later style zombies who will always run and fuck your shit up on a regular basis or you can have Romeo (god rest his soul) style zombies that only lumber around slowly or some mixture of the two.

That's all I wanted and in after a decade of endless zombie games, all was have are a collection of mediocre shooters with cheap AI.

Is kind of like that but the game can get kind of boring quickly once you manage to survive the initial scrounging for shit you need to bunker down.

Agreed, so many red flags pop up when you hear "Zombie-Survival with crafting and building elements", but even a broken clock is right twice a day so even something as cancerous as early access has to produce a few good games.

Have you tried 7 Days recently? It's exactly what you're talking about, though you never technically get bitten, but you can get infected and unless you have some kind of antibiotic you will 100% die a slow death. For me 7 Days works because zombies will fuck up the structures you built and they will come for you so you have a reason to build and maintain.

What was the shitty one from 5 or so years ago that the devs gave up on and lied to people saying their hard drive got stolen? Think it bonglanders making it.

Dead Rising 1 is pretty good. 2 less so but still good.
Anything after those two isn't worth touching.
7 Days to die is essentially modern Minecraft
but with zombies only.

What updates?:^)

The problem with that is the progression is going to completely nullify that.

that was Project Zomboid
The devs are full on libshit nu-male cucks. That wouldn't be a problem in of itself but they are both lazy and incompetent on top of that so the game isn't even worth pirating.

Graphically it feels like some inbred N64 and PS2 monster but the simple graphics help you identify shit more easily in the world. For me it feels very "video gamey" in terms of progression as opposed to the walking simulators you see with this genre. There's always something I need to craft, kill, or harvest and that drives the gameplay for me whereas its contemporaries would have you wonder aimlessly for long periods of time

I'm sure you could mod it so that there's a chance zombies will bite you or do some other attack that has a chance of lethal infection.

If you're up for a trip down Nostalgia Lane, you could play the Last Stand trilogy (ignore the shitty MMO spinoff). Go play 'em while Newgrounds is still alive.

you guys better not be memeing on me. I just bought it seeing as it looks like it just recently had an update and the praise it is being given here.

(checked)
heh. nuthn personnel, kid

you're gonna regret it
just like minecraft

I wouldn't meme you user. A lot of this time is Single Player too, though I will say with friends it becomes even better.

It's serviceable but you'll want to play with friends for the best feels. Most servers are pretty friendly considering it's a more cooperative based game. If you run your own server you can put mods on it for more quality off life things such as increased inventory space, more crafting options, and so on.

Play the game vanilla first and see what flaws you can pick out. I'm probably going to add some weapon mods to my server because right now there's no reason for me to use anything but melee shit and cross bows. Ammo is so rare that it's hardly worth considering and while I can craft ammo myself I'm busy looting and crafting other things to bother with it.

The biggest thing is the implementation of traps (((GAY))) in the most recent patch which are very cool but require an advanced degree in autistic engineering imhofamalam. I let my friend who is more autistic than me handle them.

Certainly not memes. Games fun and from what ive seen the devs actually care about their game being fun. They added zombies strippers so no chance of them being numal cucks either.
Also, checked

Now the real question is can I torrent that shit and make my own server that people can join?
Not paying 28 fucking moose bucks for an early access game

Not sure about pirated versions, but just for the record it goes on sale pretty often. The issue I could see pirates running in to is having a version that isn't the latest given updates often make huge changes (game is still in Alpha so they're still adding in features). I think piracy of this game will become more viable once it hits at least Beta (feature complete).

I don't really care about official servers, I thinking more that I could get a few fags together and we can grab a pirated version and play that.

you better find a way to play Stubbs The Zombie, OP. best damn zombie game

RE2-4 are pretty good and spooky

Typing of the Dead is apparently good.

I liked Dead Island but I must have been under 20 when I played it so I'm probably wrong

Uhh… Hollow Knight and Dark Souls, technically

Zombie Shooter 1 and 2

Reminder that House of the Dead Overkill is included within, and sports the extra ps3 levels not present in the wii version.

I noticed you did not include REmake. Tell me you have not skipped playing REmake.

He also left out RE 1 as though it's somehow bad while including RE 4 on a list of zombie games. I wouldn't put skipping remake past him given the level of faggotry he's already put on display.

Someone bought it for me, and I regret it.

dead rising is such a classic. one of those games where doing nothing and fucking around is possible and very fun. the boss fights were creative and challenging.

For shame, Holla Forums.
Yes it's incomplete, but it's fucking free and I haven't found a zombie game that gets the feel of the genre quite as right

You mean the feel of lag so bad you cant even play the game? Maybe I just gave it a try at the wrong time but it was literally unplayable for me.

This is still going? What about Zombie Panic Source? Literally never thought I'd see this game resurface again.

I don't think the game is necessarily horrible, but come on.

Normally I do, but normally something I play isn't early access and the latest build I could find for pirating was 3 updates behind. I figured I was safish with everyone recommending this game seeing as the last time there was this sort of response for something on Holla Forums was before the exodus when I was recommended DaS.

That being said, I was not led astray. So far I'm loving this one and already had a terrifying moment that I was not expecting in a procedurally generated game.

Now I'm just wondering if there are any mods worth downloading for it.

The simple U.I. mod basically increases your storage space and changes a few QoL things for the UI. I got it for the extra storage. The other one increases the skill cap which is good since you can pretty easily max out mining fast.

nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/7/?

nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/70/?

If you can browse the server list can you confirm my server is up? It should be called the "8 chan trash band".

Thanks, and I just searched for it and didn't find anything.

Brain Bread was the shit. That shitty movie tie in game for Land of the Dead was surprisngly enjoyable in multiplayer and i had a lot of mods and could be played online without a cdkey.

Zombies in video games aren't scary looking at all tbh. I've yet to see an actually frightening vidya zombie.

this did the job back in the day, I'd say the zombie models from RE1 were sufficiently spooky, 2 onwards not so much because most zombies were wearing casual street clothing so it wasn't that spooky

Yea 7 days can be a bit…buggy at times. The only way it will appear for my friend is if I'm online. Strange though. If someone joins while I'm online and I leave they can stay online but if they leave after I'm gone I don't think they can get back on after that.

I think I may need to download the steam server thingie for it work properly but it's a bit of a todo.

People haven't really tried to make them scary since they became popular again. They became popular again as the result of modern zombie films being 'survival' action films, not horror films. Video games were influenced by that more than older, scarier stuff.

Why did Dead Rising 2 have to suck? I wish I could have just that one thing, a good DR sequel.
The only thing it managed to do right was increasing variety in the gameplay of boss fights. I blame everyone who thought the survivor AI needed "fixing".

I notice that the skin textures for RE1's zombies look better than the other RE games, it actually looks like rotting skin on a corpse instead of just bloody skin. REmake ruined it.

Yeah, supernatural zombies are a ton scarier than biohazard zombies. They rise from the graves instead of just simply being diseased corpses.

I blame the addition of combo weapons for the downfall of the series, it completely removed it from reality. Plus handing over the series to a bunch of canucks was asking for it to be ruined.

My problem with the combo weapons is not strictly that they are not realistic, it's that they are far too powerful and wacky. Several of the basic weapons that were one hit kills in the original are two hit kills in DR2, what is even the point in using them once you have found a combo weapon that works for you? It completely kills the fun of improvising as you go along. The original also had powerful weapons far too easily available, but the problem was still much smaller.
Tonally I think they are off-putting because the comedy in the original was much more natural and much of it came from your actions, while DR2 tries to be more in your face funny and silly, which many of combo weapons are examples of. Being over the top and deviating from what seems realistic within the universe is a part of that.

No kidding, it's a huge improvement.

As much as I fucking hate buying Early Access shit, I bought 7days to play with friends and it was fun.

What the fuck is wrong with these people. 3 backups, 1 of them off-site, and USE FUCKING VERSION CONTROL. These retards weren't indie devs, they were amateurs.

BB2 is out my dude. Needs work though.

VERSUS

The games are goofy in tons of ways, I don't see why you arbitrarily chose "combining a knife and gloves produces eight knives on gloves" and optional clothing choices.

I enjoyed the Sniper elite zombie games.

Dead Rising is shit. Monotonous, uninteresting, unchallenging rubbish.

dying light was kind of fun, i guess

Ok
Ok
Bullshit

Because focus testing says that it's not fun unless the gameplay is primarily about killing Zombies. Because the people who made Zombies are funnily enough, angry, brain-dead Zombies who just want to live out their sad little fantasy. Whether they be anarchist faggots who want society to collapse so they can have the fantasy of building it up in their image. Or they're just latent sociopaths who want to pretend the Zombies they're killing in video games are all the people they hate.
People like us who want proper survival experiences that are about avoiding combat as much as possible are in a strict minority.

*Who made Zombies popular
Don't hop on this website after just waking up

Deadly Premonitions was a good game that had zombies, though the zombies were the worst things about it.

Dead Rising is the best zombie game. The design is so memorably weird. Basically forcing the player to lose playthroughs and all but ensure objectives fuck up was a stroke of genius. Maybe in most videogames it feels like the universe revolves around the player character and this was an exception. Also, I was a freshman at college so super nostalgic.

I got it as a gift from a RL friend, but my potato can't run it.
He always plays it, and says it's really fun to play with his friends.
mfw I can't afford a better computer for at least a few more months.

Come on niggers, this thing is still alive and will be as long as the creator can have it up.

I say we all play it together some time and hoodlum the everunliving shit of the zombies that roam in this game.

LOL

It would have been neat if you had to discover a lot of the optional scoops before you would get a notification in subsequent playthroughs. Perhaps beyond the technology of the time (?) but also if larger items did not respawn after breaking, forcing you to memorize positions and ration your use of powerful weapons more unless you wanted to be left with throwing CDs at the end. Maybe adding a locker in which you could save up to five weapons between playthroughs.

What the fuck do I know, but there was such potential for pushing what made the original great further, and instead they went backwards on all of it.

Being able to pick when and where you start the game would've been a good addition I think. 2 railroaded you too much at the start, and gave off the false impression of being a much bigger game what with the main character riding a bike and all.

uhh user

I am curious about how Capcom will botch REmake 2, the director is apparently the same who made RE6
please don't fuck it up :,(

Killing Floor isn't "real" zombies but it's close enough. I like the original better but 2 did improve the melee combat. It's improved in the last few months, too. They actually took pretty much all the stuff you had to buy other games or join their gay steam group to get, and just put it all in the digital deluxe edition. Should've all been in the base game from the start, though.

what a complete waste of potential, especially after the "guys we had our only instances of the game stolen in an office breakin! again!"