Vidya tech support thread

Post your problems and help other anons with their problems. I'll start us off.
My DS Lite just got these weird black lines on the top screen over night. They stay there no matter what game I play, and it's the same whether or not I have a cartridge in there. Any ideas on how to fix it, short of replacing the screen?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Left-Right-Analog-Joystick-Control-Stick-for-PS-Vita-2000-2001-Slim-/231915793256?hash=item35ff422b68:g:RfUAAOSw1DtXErqx
support.feed-the-beast.com/t/severe-unhandled-error-launching-minecraft-java-lang-noclassdeffounderror-mc/9577
gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-renovation-update-files.465000/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Definitely a hardware issue, so you're going to have to replace that screen.

FUCK
Well, that's the first problem solved, at least.

I'm interesting in finding out exactly how that happened. How old is it? Was it dropped? Did all of those lines appear simultaneously, or did this happen over time?

I think it was around 2005 that this particular DS was bought. Belonged to my uncle, we played some Clubhouse Games on it a few times. Hasn't been dropped to the best of my knowledge. The lines appeared all at the same time. I just woke up, turned it on, and all those lines were there. My only guess is water damage.

Apparently Oxy makes me illiterate, just re-read and saw that it happened over night. In any event, you can replace the screen for

I bought Minecraft (I know, shut up) way back in beta, haven't even had it installed for like 3 years. I suddenly got the urge to play so I signed in, and downloaded the latest version and the "Feed the Beast" Launcher, because the game sucks without mods, but when I try to launch any modpack I get:

I can't find answers anywhere so this is my last hope, but it's not a huge deal if I can't play.

Have you tried this?

Yup. Also completely uninstalled + reinstalled everything minecraft related. It's maddening.

You have dead pixels, you need a new screen.

Have you tried uninstalling Java and then grabbing the most recent version?

I really want to use Vulkan. I tried rolling back both the driver and Retroarch versions, but it's still pretty unstable.

The left thumbstick on my PlayStation vita periodically inputs up very slightly over and over

Forgot to mention, I got the Shared hardware instances turned on.

Didn't work either. Thanks but I'm giving up, I guess it's just unplayable.

That would be stick drift, which means it's time to tear that bad boy down and replace the left analog.

Can you try downloading the latest RA build, extracting it separately from your old one, throw in the Beetle PSX HW core with the respective bios, and trying with all default settings except for Vulkan driver in RA, and Vulkan renderer in Beetle's core options? I've Vulkan crashes when trying to close RA without using the 'Close Content' option, which is obnoxious, but Beetle works.

where do buy a stick?

Sorry to let you down, Satan.

ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Left-Right-Analog-Joystick-Control-Stick-for-PS-Vita-2000-2001-Slim-/231915793256?hash=item35ff422b68:g:RfUAAOSw1DtXErqx

Also do make sure that the stick is for the right model of Vita.

Sweet. I'll probably be good after dragging and dropping over the old install and deleting the old config files, right?

Ideally you save your playlist/saves/states/shaders/system/screenshots/cores folders and delete everything else before copying over the new install, but yes you should be good to go.

support.feed-the-beast.com/t/severe-unhandled-error-launching-minecraft-java-lang-noclassdeffounderror-mc/9577

Dead pixels, common problem with older TN panels

L O L

Not really a specific game issue, but I've had all forms of .url based shortcuts broken on my computer for a long time now and I'm not sure where along the lines I fucked something up. Stuff like a steam shortcut on the desktop will always come out as an invalid link. Easy solution would be to just reformat my computer but the whole problem is more of an annoyance so I haven't bothered to go to that length to fix it yet.

Speaking of the DS, I've got a bit of an issue with my flash cart. Part of the issue is due to lack of available information on how to use this particular make (r4i SDHC "Renovation"), as the original site the box had listed is now dead. Anyhow, it works fine for some games, yet others I've tried have had various issues, like antipiracy functions kicking in, or audio not working. I've heard someone before mention that some cards could have inbuilt "cheats" to disable the antipiracy, and while some of the roms I've put on there the card recognizes cheats for automatically, the ones where I'm encountering antipiracy functions don't have anything listed for them, or don't have any cheats recognized in the first place. Does anyone maybe know a way around it, or do I just need a more reliable make of flash cart?

gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-renovation-update-files.465000/
this might help you out
also: i got a wonderswan that after being unused for a long time refuses to work now(hit power but only acts for a bit)

Have you tried making shortcuts to the actual EXEs of the games?

the DS lite was released in 2006
the black spots are dead pixels–LCD pixels that have broken or just lost their ability to process the display signal. It's entirely possible for it to happen without fault on your end
it needs replacing. You can find aftermarket for it on google

Pretty sure my card's already running the v2.20T kernel as is, but I'll double check.

These are NOT dead pixels. The lines are a dead giveaway that there is a problem with the flat flex cable connecting the LCD to the main board. It might have been damaged from flexing the DS hinge, or it may have become unseated from the connecting latch or become corroded or something.

If the latter is true, it's possible that you could fix the problem simply by taking your DS apart and reseating the display connector (open the latch, pull the flat flex out and reseat, close the latch). You'll need to order a tri-wing screwdriver and follow a guide (I've opened up other devices but never a DS).

If it works, great, you fixed your DS for free. If not, you will most likely need to order a replacement screen, as it is not practical to replace the flat flex cable by itself. But you need to order the screwdriver and open your DS up anyway, so you might as well try.

Oh yeah, that's often the solution I use instead, or just go without desktop shortcuts for stuff. I was just asking just in case anyone might've had experience with such an issue before and how they fixed it.

I don't see you attacking people who have gaming hardware?

>lol they bought their 3DS and didn't just knock someone unconscious and steal it!!