How does it feel knowing that the new way to get a shit game to sell well is to just have a lot of streamers play it?

How does it feel knowing that the new way to get a shit game to sell well is to just have a lot of streamers play it?
This is gaming in 2017. A game lives or dies by making a bunch of stupid faggots online happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

world-series1.blogspot.com/….
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How much you want to bet the majority of all the views for any of these games are bots too?

Forgot to add

How does it make you feel that this is every industry? This is just advertising/ product placement.

The fuck are you talking about, that has been the strategy for ages. Why the fuck else do you think there is such heavy push for esports?

Sure for like Coke and loot crate but you don't have this shit for movies.

New as in the last few years. Big corporations have got it down to a science how to fuck the dicks of streamers so they can get free advertising.

Also the streamers want to ban everything that they don't like, including honking.

Don't forget about spamming ads user

You're joking right? Movies are advertised out the ass. They do tie ins with food, they have ads on tv and buses, they even make you watch ads for movies once you've already paid for a ticket to see the movie. It's just vidya becoming even more mainstream.

Yeah, but that is traditional advertising. That isn't someone getting special mountain dew perks for drinking a mountain dew on youtube or being able to ban someone from drinking mountain dew because you are popular.

Where have you been for the last 7 years?

I guess you conveniently forgot the existance of product placement, where companies pay money to put their products into a movie. And in almost all cases they pay extra for actors to shill the product during the movie beyond simple placement.
Except that's wrong, they know jack fucking shit other than pumping more money. The advertising is often simply hidden, where the streamer accepts money and then claims he is doing it for free, since that helps market the product. And in other cases they simply give free shit and then the streamer continues giving them praise so that they could continue funneling free shit. Even esports, which is being pushed so that they would have to pay less money for marketing, even that costs them immense sums of money.

Shit like special perks most definitely exists for movies as well

Also
This is a fairly shit comparison

Lol

That is literally the reason. They had a closed beta that only streamers could play and that is why it got popular.

Streamers can ban people they don't like from the game and get to design stuff for it.

Well obviously video games won't mirror other media 1:1 because it is unique in its interactivity. But what you said in your OP is something that has been common knowledge for a long time. Things with advertising sell, and little else determines how good sales are.

It's true, only the blizzard fags and the streamers had access to the beta.

there were free open betas though.

Yeah but the open beta happened months after the streamers had their private betas.

It's a Blizzard game, it was bound to get popular regardless.

Mac Scorcher is pretty redpilled and based tbh.

something that wasn't advertised as much.

He is one of the few people I trust when it comes to a game.

He has some biased judgement and non-conforming taste though. I have a feeling that sometimes he's not knowledgeable enough to articulate why he doesn't like a certain game, it just doesn't click for him, hence it made some people calling him unfair.

Yeah dude, totally, nobody likes those games. I an enlightened individual know it's a mere scam

Never said that. Plebs clearly do for example.

Overwatch I could pass, because it at least is a fairly complete game, however trash. But PUBG and DayZ are scams, they are early access and addled with bugs, with slim content and no optimization. they are incomplete and never will be because people are funding them. That's a textbook scam.

You can say a lot about the game, but you can't say it's casual. It's quite the opposite of casual.

are you serious? there is a reason star wars movies are still profitable as fuck even though the last 5 movies sucked dick. there are more bad star wars movies than good ones now and yet people go to see them. guess why.

Yes, 10s of thousands of normalfags are playing a hardcore game, truly you are a beacon of reason. Hang yourself.

Haha I also watched matrix!

An entree in an incredibly oversaturated genre.

thats like saying shit tastes better when its well polished.

I've literally never heard of "stream sniping" until this game.

Honestly. I see nothing wrong with the game itself. It'd even have a positive view of it if the devs embraced goobers like Garry's mod did.

you forgot the fact that overwatch is fucking gay glitzy adhd blizztard scheisse mein nigger, why the fuck would i wanna play some spastic lightshow comic con bullshit with fucking diversity gorillas the hatred fag and the we can do it broad on steroids? I want to fire and maneuver my glawk into dat ass not suck big black nigger dicks, theres a difference

FNG:B is shit but its less shit than hasslin with arma right now which is equally if not more kiked, and the comparison to all the streamlined multiplayer garbage out there is moot with the only real common denominator being all these gay ass streamers

Same. To be honest it's the streamers' fault, why don't they a 30s delay on their streams?

Probably affects their donations.

All that really means is 99% of Twitch/Youtube streamers are cancer as well as the "people" that watch them.

They just have to suit themselves, if they don't want people looking, don't stream. This is like children-level of complaints, like when you used to co-op on a console and you weren't allowed to look at your friends part of the screen.

Streamers really are a bunch of manchildren faggots.

O boy the irony

world-series1.blogspot.com/….

But Mac isn't cancer though

Next you're going to tell me Call of Duty isn't casual.

I said something to this effect the other day. Increase your delay or accept that when you stream, the game is different for you. "Ugh, I just wanna play the game ;-;!" Then maybe try playing like everyone else.

It's moving in a direction that's bad for goobering.
It's trying not to appease decent humans but to appeal to streamers and CSGO faggots, what with the third person mode becoming more and more barren since "first-person is so much better!". I don't think we deserve video games anymore to be honest.

This is a pvp multiplayer game, it won't work for a single player game, and it only supports a few games at a time, the new popular twitch meme game kills the last one if its not league, CS:GO, dota or hearthstone

Yeah, what's not to love about a guy who prays to Todd Howard five times a day.

I have never in my life even been to twitch.
So you basically watch other people play games and have fun and other wastes of life actually give them money for it, why exactly?

this game is basically free twitch money retards come in droves and donate money for anybody
i should know i got my scheckles from people

They didn't kill "journalists". The beast lives on.

adding onto my point, people that donate ungodly amounts of money to shitty streamers probably want instant gratification after their donations.

They killed the advantage of the traditional review format, though. Now twitch cunts get games at around the same time journos do, so you don't have to take some idiot's word who can't play games, you can just watch some other idiot who can play games marginally better. That whole thing was really poorly worded, I apologize.

I like LPs, but most successful streamers ruin an active game because they encourage shitty business practices and they control the content of that game. They either stagnate, modify, or ruin the content of a game because they have to abide by guidelines of (((Twitch))).

That's how it's always been, it's just that it's no longer games journalists that have to be pleased.

The funny thing about it is that the number 1 complaint I've heard about that game is that it encourages camping when in reality if you were smart enough to use the third person camera to peak around walls you actually have a pretty strong advantage of how to breach a room.

The best thing to do to prevent stream sniping really is just to add like a 5 minute delay but no. Most of these retards don't really want to.

They want to get rid of stream sniping but don't want to compromise their "profits". They want devs to cater to them to the detriment of the games playerbase.

If it kills journalists I'd say go for it. I doubt let's players are going to complaint that much about their politics and their social views without getting downvoted to hell.

Actually, I'm all for it.

PUBG devs are cancer for banning stream snipers, other than that I don't really care. It's cheap and extremely effective advertising, you would have to be stupid not to take advantage of it. I'd much rather devs' advertising budget go to greasing degenerate streamer faggots than to propping up (((media))) companies.

There are almost the same amount of viewers watching CS:GO on Twitch as people playing Rainbow Six Siege, even though R6 is obviously better at everything CS:GO tries to do.

This has been happening for years, but time doesn't make it any less disgusting. Normalfags are cancer.

R6 is not good. It's plays like a grindy freemium mmo despite costing $60 at launch and the netcode is bad. The bad business practices of Ubisoft make games bad by default.

why do we allow our vols to play favorites with the board?

its not new at all. where the hell have you been?

Still better than CS:GO in every way, and a significant amount of people won't even take a look at it because it hasn't been given the amount of retarded propaganda CS:GO has. That's the point. Even if it was a flawless game with perfect netcode, nothing would change.

Apples and oranges man. Counter strike is pretty removed from rainbow six.

They are inconsistent shits that's why. Vidya threads can be deleted for any reason.

can you share some videos showing off Siege's good side? I honestly doubt it's a good game.

Kikes aren't human

I was about to buy it but then I started to read Steam reviews about streamers able to blacklist people on demand. In my opinion e-celebs belong to trashbin in the first. I just wonder how easy it is to randomly end up in a game some "streamer" (or should I call them "stinker"?) is hosting?

Not really sure about the purchase I guess Team Fortress 2 is still really valid even though it's different genre as such.

DayZ mod was at its best before streaming was a huge thing. Some youtube LPers popularized it. Streamers objectively ruined the genre. Bully a streamer for laughs? Get banned.

Of course Destiny is in favor of protecting streamers.

Thanks for the update.

Didn't work that well for dragon cancer.

I don't get the appeal.