e

t

h

i

s

?

t. facepunch fag

AmigaOS still probably has more games.

What is the point of linux? I know it's open source and whatever, but how have you made it useful? Is it really so practical that it justified learning all the esoteric computer wizardry you need to to do it?

I love the fact that idiots feel at home posting here

No you're not getting me. Of course it's easy as fuck to install, but what the fuck do you do with it? Surely you didn't get linux just to lord over locked OS peasants, and not do any of boundless things an open-source OS lets you do via coding and all that?

The point of Linux is that you're not getting cucked by your operating system.

You do what you usually do with Windows. Playing games, browsing the net, et cetera.

Pretty sure that's the point user. That, and it runs a lot fucking faster.

I'm not trying to get you. I don't care what you do with your life. I'm simply laughing at what an idiot you are. If Linux is "esoteric wizardy" then you obviously need a caretaker since you don't have enough intellect to manage your own life.

Most people are ignorant because they're lazy or lacking will to learn, not because they can't.

Do you dualboot Windows to play games? Is it easy?

I definitely am an idiot, you're not wrong. I had to install CentOS for a CS class, and I'm learning the terminal commands along with C. Just wanted to know what cool shit you could do with this knowledge.

Dualboot Windows, but usually most of what I need works in WINE without much hassle. Haven't used my Windows partition for a good few months.

Okay, now I really am disappointed in you.

It's still got some quirks but overall, yes, yes it is.
Non vidya:
Krita, and going to try to learn some blender soon hopefully. And I have a win7 photoshop machine, and learned some 3ds max previously.
Vidya:
Steam and emulation. Wangbloz still has more games sure, but the selection on steam linux is improving.

What's the difference in practical terms? Both sloths and idiots aren't gonna do crap.
Besides, sloths do become idiots with time. Brain is like a muscle. Don't use it, it'll degrade.

You could've said that from the beginning instead of using whiny wording. It's a much better programming environment than Windows. Many of the most used network applications integrate seamlessly with it, allowing you to easily pipe their output or connect them with other applications to easily do administration stuff. It has a lot more flexibility for system administration, many languages available for it. You can make it lean enough to use on embedded systems. It has better network performance for server use. It has containers, which Windows doesn't have yet. It being the most used server OS along with *nix makes it useful to know if you're ever gonna work on servers.
For administration of users, the only thing Windows has that Linux doesn't is Active Directory.

Interesting, thanks.

Yeah sorry fam, they only taught me Java until now.

On the topic of WINE, many older Windows games actually work better on WINE on Linux than they do on Windows 7 and up. Where Microsoft dropped compatibility, WINE picked it up.
It's the reason WINE on Windows is a thing.

The one thing I found out this week is it lets you run fullscreen windows games in a window with no mouse grab

You can use open directory on Linux

I'm warning you OP.

Feels ending, more like. Still a great game.

but you're playing that game on windows

dont scare me like that.

Post the memes

It's like you wanted your thread to stagnate and die.