Demon Souls

So will Bloodborne 2 be good then?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Acrobatics
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Block
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're all the same rehashed shit.

The parry timing has always been fucked up though.

shock

what a surprise

God I love you fuckers. Souls fans are the best.

But the doujins are good.

Except they all have the same mechanics.

Wow, nice argument. It's almost like you can't actually defend the criticism given and you're just sperging out.

Calm the fuck down, a soulsfag is the last thing I am,.

My bad, I'm too hyped about the press briefing and DACA being btfo. I should double check IDs.

I don't even care about meme souls. The shitfit you're trying to present as an argument is amusing to me.

Except that they don't?

Don't mind him, change is the biggest enemy to an autist.

What's that, I'm not Free.

so whats the hat-trick to your pathetic existence?

The dreamer program that Obama illegally wrote up. Allows for plucking random citizens of Mexico and bringing them into the US, while giving them free housing, education, and a promise of work. It's fucking bullshit.

It's a slang for suDACA.

They do. Severance, now that's a game with different mechanics.

Fromdrones are at this point worse than Valve fanboys "git gud" is their "cake is a lie" and I have never once seen either accept the many faults of their shit games

It's the fucking guns and the idea to lock parrying on those.

I'd disagree on the Bloodborne & 3 points. Bloodborne parries, although they can vary marginally from bullet travel time on pistols, not sure about blunderbusses, have a more early Souls timing as far as button click to parry attempt. Series atrophy is starting to rear its head a little, so some enemies have fucky moveset delays specifically meant to make the timing off from what might feel natural- the weapon is reared, it might've even started to come down, but you're not close enough to eating shit for parryable frames to be available, so you eat shit or maybe get a mulligan hitstun and other times get the parry while also eating shit, with getting the parry depending on whether the attack had knockdown frames or not- but is not as bad as in 3.

When you get to 3, you end up back in a similar place as 2; parries feel slow as mud and half as graceful with unnatural timing, even as the animations look more like 1. Netcode makes this even worse in multiplayer. Further series atrophy with enemy movesets getting more and more curveballs, backswings, get-off-me attacks and circlestrafe punishers rendering all alternatives to 'carefully I-frame through and whittle the enemy if you can't stun/facetank' inefficient or suicidal depending on player ability doesn't help matters, since there's no real reason to try and parryfish when you could just roll through the same attack you'd try to parry, slap them twice and repeat for a fraction of the risk.

All 3 of them, sure.

Hello newfriend. DaS2 was utterly reviled on release and continues to be considered the worst of the series by far.

If your definition of a Fromdrone is someone who refuses to critise DaS2, then it's no surprise that you haven't seen any Fromdones criticising DaS2.

In Dark Souls 2 is counter-intuitive though, anyone who gets used to a parry mechanic or the like is used to think the first frames of the animation are the effective ones in the movement, in Dark Souls 2 they move them to the middle of the animation and make the first frames a "wind up" which reduces the utility of the mechanic tenfold.

Why are you using the wee wander instead of the greatsword?

Why? All another bloodborne game could do is explain things, which is the exact opposite of what anything about eldritch horror should do. Unless it radically changes up things, which the souls games arent really know for; I dont really think you should be asking for that.

In DS2, dodge wasn't delayed if you had at least 20 ADP.

The souls games are repetitive shit.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you fucking idiot

Silly casual, don't you know that its OK when Miyazaki does it?

The problem in Dark Souls 2 is how dodge got completely separated from its animation and you never had a real clue as to how many and which frames were the safe zone.

Enjoy this (you)

Is dodge mostly useful for PvP?
I never used it, I just rolled

Idiot.

I use the term dodge to refer to the whole dodge/rolling mechanic, but for PvP I wouldn't know, I only deal with invasions and I usually activate enemy seeds.

That's not what I said. I said DaS2 was universally reviled when it was released. I didn't give my own opinion on any of the games.

I think this webm more or less sums up the origins of this thread.

Rolling isn't delayed, the invincibility frames start right from the beginning, the extra frames you get from extra agility points are added to the end of the frames you had before.

Precisely in Dark Souls 1 the amount of frames were dependent on what kind of roll you had due to weight but in the most basic rolls (that is, no added ADP) your frames are drastically reduced compared to Dark Souls 1, you don't usually get staggered but you can still take damage while rolling if you don't have enough ADP.

nah i prefer not slowly strutting for 70% of the game

What's the source of that webm? The raging autism is hilarious and I want more!

Even the gigantic enemies' hitboxes would've been fine if it wasn't for their fucking overhead autotracking.
It's not even that a single boss had really good autotracking as a gimmick, every single boss did. It was so annoying.

I get that but the delay you're talking about is wrong. I can roll just fine from attacks even with minimal agility if I roll at the exact moment their attack lands. That's because you get reduced length of invincibility frames, not a delay. There's no delay.

This is a mirror.

The delay I refer is for parrying, not rolling.

Alright. Since you didn't correct for saying rolling ever had a delay I assumed you implied it did.

That reminded me of the turntable lizards.

You mean the turtle armored enemies or what were the lizards?

These ones.

Quality>Quantity

I will never understand why people put dark shockwave in such high regard, aside from the photography and a good chunk of the level desing (85%~90% of it, the other 10% are horrid) the game has nothing going for it.
The combat is really bland, half the stats are not worth putting points in it, 80% of the enemies are wonky and the overall gameplay has the cheesing sensation to it, it doesn't feel natural at all to play it.
Sometimes it feel like people suck it's dick because it has this stigma of it being somehow hard, even though the game is really easy.

Shit! compare these with the giant rat in Dark Souls 1 and you see some lazy design, the rat didn't have that stupid tracking, it literally jumped back to realign itself and attack, these lizards could have easily be deadlier since they have ranged attacks.

What a shit guide only the two slamanders in that area are scripted to only use fireballs and the one he doesn't show has geometry which makes circleing it impossible. I figure you are only posting it to show their hilarious turntable skills though.

The other salamanders spam bullshit melee attacks.

remember when PC gamers were trying to say that only the console version was being downgraded?

Bloodborne was one time thing, not that good and was nothing but Sony shilling by Fromfags to justify the purchase of a console with still no games

I fucking hated those. All fucking unblockable. WHY THE FUCK IS THE TONGUE FUCKING UNBLOCKABLE?
I can understand the charge but WHY THE FUCKING TONGUE?

I don't know. Beside cash money, to try to very overambitiously implement the 'original' Beasthood mechanic that was talked about in the very earliest post-announcement leaks or 'leaks'/rumors where the player could end up forced into Beast Mode and have to get pure blood to restore themselves, plus different strains of sickness? Otherwise, there's not much to be done except more of the same. Bloodborne was very good, but I'm leery of a sequel, especially if it has anything to do with that PS4K shit.

If they do develop a sequel, they need to do it designing around the original hardware first and as leanly as possible, then bruteforce whatever extra they can in for the upgraded box, rather than the other way around, or else it'll almost assuredly be a fiasco of Blighttown-tier lag on both PS4 iterations, and especially worse on the original. We saw where From getting too big for their optimization britches got us with DS2. And the plot needs to be a separate incident, in a separate city or region, with nods to the original, plenty even, but few or no outright lifts from Yharnam and the Hunter's Dream. Personally, I'd prefer they just go full bore in the direction of the Chalice Dungeons and make a new King's Field style crawler.

if you're gonna attempt console wars at least try to form a legible sentence you fucking idiot

Cuphead is the Dark Souls of Mario games.

Speak of the devil

Cuphead is the Crash of platformers.

this aged very poorly

There would be nothing preventing From from doing a spiritual sequel to BB. In fact that would be preferable to an actual sequel seeing how the Dark Souls series ended up.

are you incompetent? or something? you can parry-lock mot bosses to death even more easily in BB than souls

Is that supposed to be a negative?

I want the dexcucks to leave

I love the aesthetics of this game but this was pure bullshit.

OH SHIT IT'S ANOTHER SOULS THREAD BECAUSE I DON'T ACTUALLY PLAY ANY OTHER VIDEOGAMES

Almost thought I was going to have a hard time

Why would you want to? Souls are time consuming enough

well you could play nioh, which is like the same thing but with good combat

Because i'm not a casual

Fuck off nigger, you've been posting that shit everywhere.

Not buying a PS4 for Nioh.

Souls isn't casual either. The community is full of autism and the games are lengthy.

Ni-Oh is cool, but it was just trying to add to the Souls formula instead of be its own thing.

Wait for the DLC. Abuse the roll.

buy it for nioh and the dozen other games that are for the system then

So does Skyrim

Trying to fight this boss legitimately is shit, because 90% of his attacks are done by his arms and upper body, which you can't fucking see, because his tree ass takes up your entire camera.

Name them. So far I've only heard of Bloodborne and Nioh being worth it.

Skyrim is much easier

sure, gravity rush 1 & 2, odinsphere, puyo puyo tetris, yakuza 0, yakuza kiwami, assault suit leynos, shadow of the beast, and there's even some western shit if you like that.

Dragon Quest Builders is quite comfy and there is a sequel coming.

I was being a retard during that fight and tried fighting the arm because I didnt notice the eggs during phase 2 luckily it still ended up working but I was completely out of estus and low on health at least I think it was the arm, maybe I am not remembering it right.

OK, but
Steam
I'd rather just get one of the million free versions of puyo available.

it's more fun to own the game on disc I think.

Chalice dungeons a shit. BB should not have a "sequel". A game set in the same universe maybe, but the best option for From to make "another Bloodborne" is to make a game in the same vein in it's own self contained universe, just like BB did.
Just liek maek new IP.

Why everyone is forever salty about soulslikes?

This.

Is this bait, or are you genuinely a newfag who doesn't understand how cancerous that term is. There is no "soulslike". Memesouls is not its own fucking genre. It's an action RPG.

something tells me you have an enlightened way of looking at this subject of ownership and collecting, must be a very inquisitive.

Indeed it is fellow intellectual :^)

I'm sure it's a deeply informed position that you hold very dearly and surely won't be questioning it any time soon, and do not use biased sources and slanted information to prop it up.

Soulslike is a subgenre for a while now, deal with it.

How many times do I have to tell you to fuck off, OnlyAfro?

Describe the characteristics of this souls like genre.

Soulslike is neither a genera or subgenera. It's more like a syndrome than anything. I suppose you could call it a thematic genera but it's not a gameplay genera.

a trend

Oh no worries my well informed friend. My chad-tier logic is as flawless as a perfectly cut diamond, so I will not being needing to rely the virgin's crutch that is using sources to support my arguments. :^)

agreed

Stamina management, high damage of everything in comparison to overall health, dodge rolls and commitment to each move you do.
Optionally block/parry system.

They're obviously rough around the edges and the room templates are limited in number and how they interlock together, but the concept of random or semi-random dungeon generation and good worldgen in general is entirely too promising, and acceptable as a side thing in Bloodborne's current form of it. The most important element is already there even with the primitiveness of it; surprise, always a new something, always the possibility of a hellroom being generated with a pack of hunters, scourgewolves & undead giants with a Beast Possessed Soul the next room over, or of an absurdly rich treasure vault filled to the gills with something indescribably nasty, even if the rooms are squared or rounded off or a one long corridor or another. Inbetween all that you have more reasonably difficult rooms to serve as busywork & buffer. The kind of shit that roguelites & true roguelikes rely upon, the ability for semi-organic or truly organic gameplay to develop with a lot of replay value & expansion potential if you can frontload all the legwork for good generation and mechanics. The player has to react not merely by learning, but learning in contexts that change from place to place and playthrough to playthrough and applying between them.

Take Chalice Dungeons, pump more money and time and technique into them to unsquare the rooms and add some more terrain variety than catacombs & intervening dirt tunnels, refine it. Handcraft everything really important with manual gen & custom assets, major story locations and the like, Daggerfall style semi-craft some of the stuff inbetween, and fill in the margins with truly random generation and a bit of excessive nonlinearity. Then, boil down the best parts of the different Souls experiments, devise and expand the gameplay from there, and print money. There is a market to be tapped in emergent-style gameplay. It gave Notch billions for a garbage Infiniminer clone initially sold as 'dorf fortress adventure but 3d' trapped in nevereverland. I want to see what non-pixelshit gameplay illiterate retards can do with worldgen, a competent action combat system, and dungeon crawling with none of the sheer flab of superfluous resource/craft chains. So I really do hope they take another crack at the concept of the Chalices, because they're like a shitty fetal version of the concept.

That's what I said; 'the plot needs to be a separate incident, in a separate city or region, with nods to the original, plenty even, but few or no outright lifts from Yharnam and the Hunter's Dream.' A direct sequel to Bloodborne as far as the where and when and interconnected events would be very difficult to handle, so it'd be wise to have a numerical sequel be so in name only if they do one. Pthumeru got fucked by the Scourge, then Loran, then Yharnam, so what's simply having a new city get rotted out by the Eldritch Truth?

Which was the second idea, to go back to dungeon crawling and crib King's Field even harder. Maybe even experiment with first person again. That approach might be better for an infinite crawler, furthermore. Lets the player see little details more easily, which gives all the more excuse to really hide them.

That's not even true of most Souls games, damage isn't high if you have the right equipment, and commitment to each move you do would make even street fighter a souls like game.
Try again

/thread

Relatively to the point to the game and to the gear you have it's still high.
SF doesn't have stamina management, dodge rolls and relatively high damage of everything.

You try again.

Kof has dodge rolls. Ultras have high damage.
Not everything in DS games have high damage.
Ball on your side.

check
check, the level scaling also makes sure that you're gonna be stuck with stronger and stronger enemies, and the NPCs will scale to your level as well.
check
check
check

oblivion is a souls-like experience for hardcore gamers such as yourself

Shitposter pls.

Instead we get Miyazakidrones who defend the last half of DaS, and the entire fanservice that is DaS 3.

If you are going to do this then you've missed the two most obvious things: corpse running and loseable experience.

>the concept is entirely too promising
Not an excuse for being shit.
Could of had an entire new area in the main game, or expanded on existing ones.
The dungeons very quickly become boring and predictable. There are obvious patterns.
Simply having a room full of enemies is bad design. Enemy placement is an important factor in the design of BB and the Souls games. It being terrible is one of the main reasons DaS2 sucked.
Almost always garbage, and if you actually want something useful, you go on the internet and look up other people's dungeons where they confirm the presence and location of useful items.

Have modders not at least improved the enemy placement of the second half of the game? Is it really that hard to mod? Considering all the autism in the soulsfag fanbase, I'm surprised I haven't heard of this being done, as it would be the bare minimum improvement one could do help fix the latter half of the game.

I had a decent amount of fun with all of them.

Why people get boggled down with semantics so much with this series I don't know.

Best were demon's and dark 1 anyways

the best part about Dork Souls 2 is muh shield.
Bloodborne is the best never ever game.
and thank god their is not going to be more of them.

Dark Souls is a good game. I don't give a shit how much it has been memed to death by redditors or how much FROM has run its formula so fucking far into the ground it's starting to hit magma– a thousand years from now it, on its own, DaS will still be a good, albeit quite flawed, game. If you say otherwise you are just a contrarian faggot.

SEE? SEE? SEE? THE FUCK DO I KEEP TELLING YOU PEOPLE? PONTIFF IS FUCKING FREE. HE CAN'T HIT YOU IF YOU HOLD NORTHEAST. NOBODY FUCKING BELIEVED ME BUT IT'S TOTALLY FUCKING TRUE.

There's a slight delay in parrying that varies with shield and weapon that means reaction parries are harder to do. You can still do things like setup parries, and can parry basically anything to balance out the tighter window.
nigga u high
the ds2-style delay combined with ds3's faster gameplay means that everything except the cestus has a longer startup than the entire animation of most enemy attacks. setup parries are gone, reaction parries are gone unless you're using cestus, the only way you can parry with a shield in ds3 is with prediction, and you have to hit parry before the enemy has even started attacking
the roll has more iframes than the fucking ninjaflip from 1

This is one of it's major flaws. Miyazaki wanted to make another fast game like BB and ended up creating very quick enemies while not speeding up the player animations as much to match. It's also why there are so many eldritch looking enemies.

But Oblivion doesn't have dodgerolls, has zero commitment to any action that isn't a power attack so that you can strafe/backpeddle with impunity while firing bland particle effect spells & swinging your whiffle bat sword to slowly scrape the paint off enemies' chests til death and it only has a blocking system, not a block/parry system. Additionally, 'high damage of everything' only counts the one way, since all enemies in Oblivion past a certain point are boss-length health sponges beyond the worst Souls has to offer as far as regular basis enemies go.

Also unified experience/currency system ala old ass AD&D, where your money is your experience and your experience is your money.

Truth, but I don't think it's shit. Just not as good as it could or should be, and attractive namely to those immune to repetition.

Maybe? The problem is what area that would be, since there basically was no cut content in Bloodborne as far as the artbook shows except the lack of a bigass Coldblood item, a couple classes of very high-powered blood gems that got dummied out, and for some reason the tier 3 Guidance rune; no big area or enemy assets unused. I think the most one could argue is that they could've properly cleaned up inter-area Yharnam skylines so that you didn't have Old Yharnam & Cathedral Ward look completely different when looking from one to the other, that Lost Izalith tier hole in the rendering by where Eileen looks out next to Oedon Chapel, and other things like that, since the effort of not making the modular assets can't be too high as far as effort saved to do handcrafting in the existing areas. It won't save an expanded Beasthood mechanic, nor bring in any new bosses or places of note, and if anything you'll have less bosses since you won't have a lego brick dumping ground for them. I guess it'd be nice to have the Great Bridge shortcut actually functional instead of permalocked by using the time saved to make instance loading more efficient, though. Small wonders.

And nonetheless can result in a good experience if you can screw them instead of getting screwed.

Consciously, intentionally terrible is the main problem. It's not just having a crowd of trash Pthumerians conga lining to swarm you or a few more big enemies than is particularly comfortable, it's having a pile of interrelated ambushers that link and cover one another so that you have to perfectly dismantle it or else cheese it in some fashion to not get fucked, because the devs wanted to make a memorable 'fuck you' moment for players. The cannibals on the way to Shrouded Woods (plus curse lizard) come to mind even if they're not even close to the most dangerous example; you have little choice but to walk into it. Incidentally, the static Chalices pull some of the same shit, the worst of which are fucking bellringers summoning spiders covering other bellringers summoning more spiders with static spawn scourge wolves added into the mix. Whichever nip was behind that shit needs a sound beating.

Depends on context; it can be good or bad. Things in the players' hand are bad to have RNG effect unless it's specifically a gimmick item like the Mad King's Halberd; things outside the players' hand like the environment can be a wash to have RNG effect, but lean toward the good end of things.

Like I said above, it's a matter of how resistant to repetition the player is as to whether this is tolerable. It's understandable if you don't like it personally.

A situation which always seems to emerge based on other environmental factors that simply do not line up with the ease of blowing cash into the ass of an avant technical project; to use Notch as an example again, he was a complete retard that happened upon a golden goose employing a gaggle of other retards that can't code and furthermore can't code in fucking Java. The myriad indieshit roguelikes & lites, varying in quality but trending towards 'not good enough,' are likewise deficient of competence and/or money properly earmarked back to development. Put it in the hands of even a bunch of half-competent AAs like From, and emergent gameplay can blossom properly.

See above on relevant points.

Player can't learn specific, exacting enemy placement and can't depend on exacting composition to exactingly counter. Curveballs can come in in interesting ways that don't involve specifically conspiring to fuck the mouth of players who've been taught how to do things by previous entries and now have to be knocked down a peg for expecting the usual, because eventually you're going to run out of ways to do that and it's going to make things a bit obnoxious. The first hints of this atrophy can be found in DS2 being a mess created from schizoid team comp, and in DS3 being only half saved from this by Miyazaki giving modest oversight partway through the floundering project while he was busy with Bloodborne, reactively designed to keep things fresh for series veterans and making it increasingly stalely obnoxious in the process. This is probably exaggerated by the sheer speed of enemies relative to the comparatively unimproved player from influence by Bloodborne, but still.

Because to be completely frank From is not going to be doing this shit 'mostly well' for much longer in a conscious fashion. Nevermind that even improved funding & time available has not improved their sheer trouble finishing a game as originally envisioned instead of having to hack it together at the second to last minute, the bag of tricks is going to run dry and they will either reach an equilibrium that they eventually will not be able to maintain nor recover from where things are just difficult enough with enough curveballs for vets to neither eat shit nor cakewalk through and let casual shitters meander their way through half on the backs of others or worse, or they'll start making the enemies smart enough with movesets well-sealed enough against interruption that it will cease to be an enjoyable experience. This will be combined with good concepts simply running out, and entries being frequent enough that self-referential homages & remixes of previous enemies, bosses & areas will no longer be acceptable as filler content. They either need a really big shakeup for Souls or to just move on to other series until they get the mojo back and people will concurrently be happy to receive more of the same without a shakeup.

If one is not, one is nothing. Pessimism, unless taken to its logical conclusion of total scorn of everything and possibility on an existential level, where it will become nothing but background noise for absurdism, is pure entropy for the self and all one wishes to create and project from it. Only thinking in ideal terms can animate one to acquire those ideals.

Pardon me for thinking you did, I couldn't quite tell and felt I may as well clarify if it were the case.

tbqh I think the vast majority of the flaws stem from the fact that Miyazaki forced them to rebuild the whole goddamn game from scratch in the Bloodborne engine after they had spent most of development making in the DS2 engine and THEN decided to change its pace from DS1 to BB after they had rebuilt it in the new engine.

Weapon arts were such a good fucking idea and integrate seamlessly into DS2's engine without even needing new code but holy fuck are they a broken barely-coded mess in DS3.

are you right in the head, OP? It only worked fine if you had a caestus on. otherwise it was a guessing game.

I remember watching vageta311 do a live stream where he attempted to parry everything in Dark Souls 2. Its amazing how many creatures you can parry. I thought he had a video contemplation but all I could find was this.
stop being a dumb nigger, DkS3 is great.

That's mediocre
>attractive tolerable namely to those immune to repetition.
And now it's shit.

I see you like Dark Souls 2.

Your autism is powerful
I wouldn't want to be caught in an argument with you.

The argument was whether souls like is a genre or just a fad. I don't care if it's popular. I heard of those games because they were popular.
Besides, I don't care about Deus Ex and Godhand.
It's almost as if Holla Forums isn't one person

Which is a fine, technical distinction!

On a basis of taste. How limited that taste is depends on who you ask, and I'm not prepared to answer, quite honestly.

CAN. CAN result in a good experience. A combination of deliberately designed dicking- which never feels fair, whereas a generation can be chalked up to bad luck, though either is surmountable- combined with a game that looks, feels and factually controls like swimming through mud is a caveat that excludes one from this clause of 'can be good.'

Contrary to DaS1 in DaS2 is almost guaranteed to get banned from the servers by using any kind of mod thanks to how it works.

But it is.

Desu Sex & Thief are shit games that only pretentious hipster faggots like. Case in point: Totalbiscuit and RazorFist like them. The same kind of hipster faggots who unironically, payed full price and played Skyrim and Fallout 4. They are the kind of fag who loves to stoke their cocks about anything that reminds them of High school. Unlike those games, at least derk sowells was originally at on time actually fun.

They can't check in-memory modifications or changes to param files. The anti-cheat in DS2 solely examines your savedata when you log into the server for invalid items and impossible soul memory/stat/class/level combinations.

Yes. DS1's code is fragile and crash-prone and the way it loads resources in/out severely limits what you can do with it. DS2's enemy placement code is monstrously complex. I don't know if you've seen Bradley of the Old Guard using the beckon emote at a player on low health in order to get them to come within range of his healing spell that he's casting solely to heal them, but the DS2 ai is ridiculously sophisticated in what things can do and it ties into enemy placement, ID, and a ton of other factors that have kept me from figuring out how the fuck it actually works.

That's what's supposed to be, but people seem to report bans for cosmetic mods.

There it is folks.

That's because they're retards.

So there is a way to mess up by using only cosmetic mods?

Not unless you're a severe retard that somehow installs the cosmetic mod to his savedata.

Go be a sissy dumb fuck to someone else

So fixed DaS is NEVER EVER?

I have played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls too much and never even got to 2 (still playing them). Getting to it soon, though. But can't you just adjust your timing and parry earlier than usual? Or is it too delayed for even that to work?

If it's not viable, then don't waste your time trying to parry. If the mechanic truly doesn't work, then it's pointless to use it, and it's never required anyway. I played both games a few times before I started parrying (and I am kinda glad that I did that, as far as Dark Souls goes, because being good at parrying ruins Gwyn forever, completely trivializing him and making him one of the easiest bosses in the series).

Is this literally a vid of a guy with hardcore raging because he couldn't figure out the inventory screen?

hardcore autism*

Are you fucking retarded?
All of the few things good that DaS2 did compared to the first were ignored while the negatives were expanded upon in DaS3. B team did 2 and B- team did 3.

neck self

That happened in 2 as well, sucks to not be able to at least have Pyromancy as a support ability on any build.

He said requirements.
Pyromancies have no requirements in DS2

Not just because he couldn't figure out the inventory screen, but because of the PRINCIPAL of not being able to figure out the inventory screen based on a very narrow criteria of what constitutes valid information and a total refusal to hit A on a slot when there's a total lack of anything other than empty slots to click on, with a giant 'A: Enter' message hinting that clicking the slots is what you're supposed to do, because he doesn't seem to understand the 'change equipment' screen is for changing equipment, and that the general inventory is the extremely obvious bag one slot to the left. His original channel was deleted because it consisted of nothing but failing to understand the subtle nuances of common sense and excusing it by saying everyone telling him he's a retard that THEY'RE retards on principal. Because they hit A when the screen tells them that's how to click enter.

DaS1 enemy placement won't ever be fixed. The ONLY things that can exist in lower Lost Izalith are dragon butts and demon statues. In every area, the things that you fight are the only things the game will load in. Trying to put a skeleton in Lost Izalith will result in it not showing up.

DaS2 does not work like that. It dynamically loads whatever it needs in and out. That's why Scholar of the First Sin could fuck around with enemy placements, object placement, etc. The only major limits when modding enemies in DaS2 (aside from the fact I haven't figured out enemy AI yet) is that you can only have 80 enemies per area. If slash when I figure out slash someone else figures out and documents how to avoid breaking AI when fucking with enemy placements, DaS2 could be turned into pretty much anything.

I thought the consensus was that DaS2 had the most variety due to the sheer number of weapons and how basically every weapon class had at least one high-tier option.

2 didn't have any requirements you retard. It had (crappy) scaling.

I see, it still sucks when it was so useful in 1.

This post just makes him sound like DSP's argumentative cousin.

That's not autism that's either trolling or genuine retardation.

Something I hated from DaS2 was AI invaders with high or infinite poise when their gear shows them with light armor.

Like who?
I remembem them having humongously disgusting amounts of health and infinite spell castings but I could always stagger them

This + randomizer is a real exciting challenge.

Guess how I can tell you you didn't use the good pyromancies? Protip: combustions are last season, mists, balls and fire snakes are the new hotness.

There's a really dumb reason for that. Poise goes up based on I think it's ADP and Endurance, all NPCs have 99 of each. None have infinite, though. Unless they're using a hyperarmor weapon, a 2hr2 from anything (including bare fist) will break poise, and even then, they functionally just have a large poise bonus like they were wearing a giant's ring+2.

That's because that's exactly who he is. Unlike DSP, who bumblefucks through games eating shit over and over again, this guy can't even get that far because in addition to being a spatially unaware incompetent, he needs total handholding (and very exacting handholding at that) the entire way through or he will drop the entire game the instant he doesn't understand something, makes a video bitching about it, and is blown the fuck out in the comments. Every time, as I recall.

Player model enemies not playing by the rules with phantom stats & health bloat is probably the worst expediency From tends to take in these games. It's uniformly infuriating, so I'm not sure why they keep doing it. They're capable enough of designing AI in general, so why don't they just apply it to NPC model enemies so they aren't retarded pinatas or perfect-prediction savants, but reasonably competent with not too far above average player stats for their level?

let's go

Those stats do dick to increase poise.

Yeah it's really fucking annoying. I want better AI instead of it.

Fencer Sharron comes to mind.

There's an even dumber reason for that in DS1&3.
Back when they were first developing Demon's Souls, they wanted it to truly be a third person King's Field. You would always face forwards, the camera would stay in a single position above and behind the player, the right analog stick let you turn and look up/down, and pressing the d-pad let you roll in that direction.
NPCs still operate from within that control setup. That's why, even when they're not 'locked on' they still can only roll in the cardinal directions and can't do half the shit the player character can. If you want to experience these total garbage controls for yourself, hunt down a copy of the Dark Souls debug rom and take control of any NPC. The game becomes basically unplayable.

Unless you take control of a skeleton wheel at which point the game becomes FUCKING AWESOME. It plays sort of like a driving game except you turn with the right stick and have infinite grip. Skeleton wheels also get ludicrous iframes on their dodge. Probably more than the ninjaflip.

Does anyone have the one where he couldn't figure out where to go in the Asylum because the guide he read told him he had to turn left, but he entered the room from the wrong side so the door was actually on the right? From what I remember, even though he found the door he was supposed to go through he continued to rant because the directions were "wrong".

Had to google that one, she was added in the scholars of the first sin edition so that explains why I never heard of her. I tried playing that edition but they just upped their bullshit even more like putting a fucking wyvern in front of the dragonslayer bossfight. That entire update should have never happened.

That's fascinating. I knew about how the very first showings of Demon's Souls showed it as being fucking shit it was so slow & clunky, so shit that it was completely written off as a project by From and Miyazaki was able to wedge himself in as effective project lead by just asking 'hey, can I tool around with this,' to which the management said 'fuck it' and let him do whatever, but I had no idea just how bad the control scheme was. And I certainly didn't know enemies had to deal with this ridiculous scheme.

How long until they unfuck the bad parts of the DS2 engine and ditch the ancient DeS engine they've used for everything else up to Bloodborne, anyways? Do you think they'll actually stick with a fork from DS3 or Bloodborne and keep limping on?

I'm not sure I've seen that one, but I know in the webm above he raves about how the message that says, 'Good job. Go straight ahead,' which is OUTSIDE THE BOSS ROOM, was misleading him because he read it backwards after wandering aimlessly without ever looking by the crowcliff. Or reading the message the first time he went out.

The graphical update was nice, never played the original DaS2, enemy placement is stupid in some areas, there is other BS in the DLC areas sometimes and most new bosses if not all of them are resistant to everything that is not physical, making a variety of playstyles redundant.

I think magic, miracles and pyromancies were also useless in DS1's DLC

pyro and magic were useful in oolacile, magic was good repetitive range option agsainst the crowds of bloatheads, not to mention the huge utility of fall control, and I know it says artorias is weak to fire but its the best way to do damage to him for many people because he actually resists everything except thrust

Exactly, invaders in DaS1 at least had some logic, their equipment, placement and stats were more or less the same you could reach on places you visited, maybe the Knight of Thorns being an exception if only because he would be the means to unlock his armor set but his stats were not any special.

Not going to happen. It's basically up to autistic weirdos like me to reverse engineer it so that people can make mods and new games in DS2, which I'm 100% convinced is possible to do with working netplay due to the way they set up the code and how much stuff the game cleans up on its own.

I want to someday bone fist rider kick someone off the top of Anor Londo.

It's fucking worse than it sounds. Have you ever seen how slowly enemy NPCs back up from you? That's because you don't get the same speeds forwards and backwards. Their maximum backwards movespeed is the same as the lowest movespeed the player can get by gently holding the stick in a direction.

Have you ever seen a broken sword hollow sort of awkwardly stumble backwards and/or to the side? That's their maximum non-forwards top speed. This was how it was going to work for the player. It really is something you have to experience, because words do not do justice to how completely unplayable the controls are. Ranged attacks are completely impossible because you're stuck free-aiming everything. Locking on doesn't change where you aim.

Every DLC boss in DS2 except Raime has an element they're weak to. The ice cats hate fire, cool ranch smelter hates lightning, yadda yadda. Raime's weakest to dark damage but still has over 50% dark defense.

Bloodborne was fine, git gud faggot. Dark Souls 2 is a disaster though. Fucking Adaptability.

After playing Demons Souls and all 3 DS games, I'd have to really disagree about Bloodborne. The level design is nice, but overall the game just feels like a chore to play. Long load times, shit framerate, shitty tracking and hitboxes, enemies that spam attacks like retarded chimps. It's like the game doesn't want to be enjoyed. The Souls games have these same issues at times, but BB just seems to be nothing but the worst of it. Every time I make progress I don't even feel good about it, I just wonder why I even bother. I'm partially convinced it is only praised so highly because of exclusivity, despite the strong points it has.

The SMT one always get me. Is Long Live the Queen any good?

Load times got better with a patch, and they aren't really any worse than Demon's Souls which I was far and away used to by then. Framerate has always been shit in all of them, not that that's a good thing. The only shitty hitboxes I've seen are in Dark Souls II, where you can plunge-attack right through an enemy and it does nothing at all.

It was good in 2 as well, attunement is your primary stat which it seems you didn't know. The headgear buffs (like hexer and saint hoods) gives even more casting and late game you get the old iron king crown that regenerates 20% of your spell casts every 2 minutes. DaS2 pyromancy is about combos and not spamming the same spell.

Most weapons have a multiple weapons in the high tiers or a bunch in the weapon class' highest tier. The main reason there is more variety is powerstancing which adds an instantly interchangeable moveset. Also twinblades as a class were removed in DaS3 (as with powerstancing) and the replacement for these is the "special" weapon art, that for most weapons isn't that special. The only options to dual wield are the designated twin and fist weapons, the player has no say in wanting to use a crow talon with a demon fist in DaS3.

you can use a crow talon and a demon fist in ds3, you just have to pick between one weapon art or the other
twinblades have twin attacks AND a weapon art
ds2 has more variety in weapons only in name, it has a shitload of weapons but in my experience one halberd is the same as another halberd, which is barely different from a greatsword
I do miss powerstancing but you are making it sound worse then it is for 3

user I appreciate your quads but I think you might have forgotten to take you anti-psychotic medication today. I will put it simply as Dark Souls should have never ever had a sequel but 3 was made specifically to fix all the problems with the B team game. Three succeeded in every way.

I agree its a much better game but no, just for something that is inarguable dark souls 2 added a level up waifu and hub world, which means you have to go through a load screen to do anything and another to go back to playing
dark souls 3 didnt fix it
so if 3 was truly made to fix ALL the problems with 2 then it didnt succeed in every way

Dark Souls 3 would have been better with poise. Getting stunned by rat bites in full Havel's is not acceptable.

but Dark souls 3 poise is working as intended just now is a modifier to hyperarmor

In fact back in the day there where demon's souls people used to complain that poise was added for casuals.

…but I honestly don't care because PvP is for CoD kiddies. You know, those low IQ egg eating niggers who play Last of Us, Uncharted multiplayer and Destiny? Yeah you know, those types. :^)

eggs are good for your nervous system and a lack of them will fuck your reaction times

Which was a dumb idea. Demon's Souls was fine without poise because there were very few armor options anyway, and nobody wore Brushwood because it was worthless. Lighter armor for stamina recovery speed and rolling was always the superior option. Poise in Dark Souls made you take another look at heavy-as-fuck armor and come up with some potential use cases for them.

But you can't, L1 will always be a single punch from the left weapon and not a multi hit like from a 2-handed fist or powerstanced fists in DaS2.
Twinblades as a class were removed, DaS3 twinbades are 2 curved swords wielded together.
There's a magic halberd, fire halberd, dark halberd, STR halberd, DEX halberd, WOG halberd. Also there's the Syan's halberd with spear 1HR1 and the unique helix halberd which was good at one stage in the game's life.
Are you fucking retarded? The point of the halberds is hitting them with the blade hitbox to get full damage, hitting enemies with the handle gives reduced damage. They play vastly different to each other.
DaS3 was suppose to be the swan song for the Dark Souls series instead it's almost entirely self masturbatory bullshit nudging the player into "REMEMBER THIS FROM DARK SOULS 1?
It brought back the abortion tier level design from DaS2 but at least made it pretty.
FROM should have learnt from their success and failures with 1 & 2 but instead ignored what they did right and expanded on their failures.

Meanwhile in the Berenstein universe DaS3 has a balanced working poise system, the speed of the enemies match that of the player and their actions, a lively and inspired covenant system with Blue Sentinels and Blades of the Darkmoon being completely different from each other and receiving the most action of all covenants, the PvP system is the greatest it's ever been, the bosses are mostly non-humanoids, pyromancy doesn't require stats and the level design is both non-linear and coherent.

Can you send me a copy of this game? The one I ended up with is shit with two 2 hour long DLCs tacked on.

Fucking this was rediculous

In that case I typically preferred Gloom armor for its resistances, but yeah that works too.

why is PvP shit in all 5 of these games

Because is kind of a mess when you try to balance a game for two different things.

it isnt, I have only played 3/5 but I can tell you two of those had great pvp (although for totally different reasons)

between terrible desync and overpowered twinks i'd say its pretty shit

With high enough acrobatics you do.

invigorating
gameplay

Wew this thread turned out to be way better than I originally anticipated

They are just a canned animation with no use. The AI still autotracks its attack to you even if you dodge out of the way.
There was a mod which added Witcher 3 styled side stepping complete with invincibility frames and that changed the whole game. Someone posted a webm of it with more aggressive enemies and it looked like an action game instead of a dull waste of time.

sounds like you just made a shit character for your tier
you see dark souls does an amazing thing where it allows you to experience one of several different metagames, and it does this by putting players of a similar level into your matchmaking pool, and additionally to invade you they have to be LOWER LEVEL then you
this means you are always at a stat advantage against invaders
since you have the numbers advantage all they can possibly have against you is gear and skill, but unless they cheated they had to earn that gear at a lower level then the people they are invading, meaning that having that gear is itself a representation of their skill level, and if you are better then them you might indeed have better gear
DS2 complicates this beautiful system with soul memory, meaning you no longer get to choose your metagame tier and can indeed be pushed into a tier where you are completly outclassed
DS3 returns to level based tiers but also has clauses about equipment which also make sense, but shit all over it with password summoned phantoms, but you cannot be invaded by a password summoned phantom

I dont notice this very much in dark souls in what I would consider to be a normal invasions, but get a lot of abnormal invasions with very bad synching, fuck the chinese they are subhuman
I also dont get this very often in dark souls 3, and have had almost no abnormal invasions

More like any character that isn't a twink is a shit character for its level.

DDOS in progress!

who are you quoting?

3bf332

The best part of this is he could have gotten out of that combo at any time by rolling yet he chose to spam R1 leading to a constant "fake" stunlock.

Did you ever actually play any of the Dark Souls games?
In DaS1 max level (+15/+10/+5) shit all over +0 gear. Invading with a +5 chaos or lightning weapon means you 2 shot the host while they are luck to do a fifteenth of your health since you have max level armour.
Even before DaS1 came to PC, 360/PS3 players trade/give items to each other. That SL1 could have gotten their gear from another player who was the one that earned it. People even ferry gear across levels with friends eg. level 100 -> 81 -> 64 -> 49 -> 36 -> 24 -> 13 -> 3 -> 1
Once that train is set up end game gear can easily be given to fresh accounts. People are autistic enough to do it.

The agape ring helps with SM but also means anything not spent on leveling/spells/the weapons and armour you are going to use end game is a waste. I invaded some poor sap at Shrine of Amana who was in the 3.2 million SM tier, it wasn't NG+ and the fog wall halfway wasn't cleared so it was his first time there. He must have either cheated in souls or been so bad he died and lost a lot since his health wasn't that high. He was DSP tier levels of retarded, I kinda felt bad when I broke all his gear using my 28 casts of acid surge resulting in him killing himself.

The invader/summon has between +1 and +3 (depending on your weapon level, only +7 gets the +3 range tier) better equipment than the host was a great way to negate the DaS1 twinking. Unless they've patched it, the "scaled down" summons are stronger than they should be, ignoring the ability to use weapons/spells which would be impossible for the host (such as a level 7 host has a phantom that can 1 hand a 50 STR Fume sword), summons don't have their equip load scaled down and seem to do more damage and have more health than the host.

Twinking on highwall is done via the +5 rings, hornet ring and out estusing the host (invaders can have 7 +10 estus while hosts have 3-5 +0 estus)

Things DSII got right:

That's probably it. Was the game meant to be set in an age of Dark originally, with all the focus on torches and light?

it has dodgerolls, you just have to get acrobatics high enough. yes they're shit, but you didn't specify whether or not they had to be good.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Acrobatics
wrong, it has parrys when you level up block enough.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Block
people kite with magic in souls games as well, moot point
you can kite some enemies in souls games with melee. theres less backpedaling because the enemies aren't as spongy.
you didn't specify it in the original post, but in that case oblivion is a few mods away from being a bad souls game. they're closer than anyone here wants to admit since they're both dungeon crawling focused RPGs due to their origins.

If they actually started playing videogames instead of spending 8 hours a day shitposting here, the board would cease to exist.

I see that it makes you mad, good. I'll keep posting it.

rate

there are no enemies in between firelink shrine and the earliest blacksmith, who can +5 your gear (rickert of vinheim)
most of the twinks (in my experience so sorry this is anecdotal evidence) hang out at parish, meaning you have met andre
armor isnt a particularly good idea for twinks, since they have to choose between end or vit with their about 15 levels, and still have to meet stat reqs on their preferred chaos weapon
a +5 halberd (right there at parish) a +5 uchikatana (killing the male undead merchant) +5 zwei (the graveyard outside firelink) all do pretty fucking great damage even barely meeting their reqs, even against twinks, and thats not even mentioning some twinkling or demon titanite weapons you can get like the ravelord sword (this isnt actually good for pvp just mentioning it for its HUGE DAMAGE)

as far as DS3 goes, I like that they take equipment into account but it further narrows the playerbase you can interact with, they have to be the righ level AND have similarly leveled equipment, as such I am scared to level any of my equipment until I could level all of it, it seems kinda silly
fuck the hornets ring, I dont see people using it very often but parries are REALLY good in this one,shield breaks grant riposte ect and the hornet ring oneshotting people who actually invested in health is total bull, it turns an invasion into a loading screen on the first mistake, encouraging very passive play, I dont even use it myself because it makes the fights too quick, and I am the guy telling you to scrape together all advantages available to you in 1 to fight/be twinks

dubs out of ten, I like it, are those vinheims legs? I cant get them to look good because they end up looking like chicken legs on everything.

top kek

Dark Souls III just calls "hyper armor" poise. In DaSI it worked differently. Each piece of armor you wore had a poise value, and when you wear an entire set you get a poise rating. The higher your poise rating, the more successive attacks you'll be able to withstand before you get staggered. Poise was balanced with mobility in mind, so it's not possible to have a fast roll and enough poise to withstand multiple attacks from a greatsword or other heavy weapon. In short, you couldn't have heavy armor with a high poise value, a great weapon, and roll around like sanic the hedgeheg.

The major difference between the two systems is merely that "hyper armor" is only active during your attack animations. Outside of that, you're going to always get staggered by incoming attacks. In DaSI, poise was active all the time, so it was possible to tank more than a character or enemy with low poise. That's it. That's all. Does it make sense that you can get staggered while in full Havel's armor? It shouldn't.

DaSI's poise system accommodated for different playstyles. You could be a lithe ranger or thief type that likes to roll around to avoid attacks, or you could be a tank that uses a greatshield to block incoming attacks and heavy armor to trade blows with someone or something whose own poise value was low. In DaSIII, the amount of priority attack frames that you get is determined by the amount of "poise" that you have, which itself is determined by the armor that you wear. Since the equip weight limit for fast rolling is quite generous at 70%, and since you get an abundance of stamina, it's more effective to roll around and maintain an armor set that provides mid-level protection against the various flavors of status ailments and damage, than it is to invest in the right attributes that will allow you to withstand more stagger damage than another player for a brief moment while trading blows.

Now, whether or not you think it's a worthwhile system is an entirely different discussion. I just wanted to point out that poise, as it was implemented in DaSI, is not present in DaSIII, and the "poise" in that game is an entirely different system that is based on the "hyper armor" that was introduced in DaSII.

its even worse then you think, armor protects you by a percentge based system called absorption, but this does almost nothing and is further cut in half in multiplayer, basically armor does nothing
but you cant just not wear armor either, you take bonus damage for each unarmored slot

in ds3 armor is almost purely cosmetic, and you have to wear it

He's right too, go work on your backlog, faggot.

Worse, it's only active midway through. Large weapons can be knocked out of startup, including inbetween attacks if you put any kind of delay into your combo to try and rollcatch, by any weapon. Most people aren't good enough to really exploit this, but it's there and is obnoxious. Why didn't they go for a hybrid system, where hyper armor is still how you secure the trade, but a little bit of passive poise still exists to prevent incessant staggers without enabling DS1-style riskless facetanking?

why not go all the way and put poise in?

I thought some of the people are here were bad but holy fucking shit this motherfucker has to be the goddamn worst. How did he even "figure out" to turn his computer on when there is no sign above the power button telling him to (PUSH the button with the (|) symbol to turn on the computer) but knowing this retard he'd spend 5 minutes arguing the semantics of "turn on"

Nevermind that the proposed solution does put poise in, just not as flatly effective as in DS1- I assume you mean 'why not go back to that level of poise'- it's because giantdads & havelmonsters are a little much, even if passive poise should come back. Being able to sit in front of almost any boss and mash the attack key is silly. Being an invincible rock that has to be played perfectly against to snip hits in to have any chance of winning is silly. But having to put the same effort in as the old invincible rocks to get a modest damage resist boost & hyper armor increase that doesn't really help against middle of the road players unless you go all in and time trades perfectly so they're actually trades- which the enemy has to essentially give you by being incompetent at preempting or interrupting you- is sillier. So the solution is to give passive poise in lesser measure than DS1 but still enough to justify the investment, and then stack weapon-scaling hyper armor on top of that.

So DS2

Geez, gimme YOUR copy. Mine only had two one-hour long DLCs.

Except without inherent stagger- even if it's tiny, minor stagger- when attacked while in a neutral stance, and without everything else that makes DS2 otherwise fucky and weird.

You mean the movespeed-lowering softstun that was implemented to prevent poisestabs? That same hit when you're performing any action doesn't make you flinch at all and you can roll or sprint out of it if you want to keep going fast.

Yes, that. I never understood the point of it, it was just a disruptive, minor caveat that didn't seem to add much. I suppose it preventing circlstrafing poisestabs is nice, but since rollstabs, awful netcode and frontstabs are a thing, I'm not sure how much it really helped compared to how irritating it was to interrupt the flow of movement. I have to wonder if that was even the deliberate intention behind it or if it was a happy accident.

I decided to dig up some old Bloodborne footage. Man do I love parrying people when they try to heal.

Guess how I know you don't use the backstep.
ps: backsteps in ds2 have iframes, you can block during them, and they can cancel the recovery of most attacks

It's been a long time since I played DS2, and I didn't really learn much tech, no. I do remember the backsteps being pretty okay, though. I feel like most people tragically underuse them in general just because it's hard to make the best use of them through latency, but they're nice in Bloodborne since they carry you just out of enemy reach and have unique backstep attacks that bring you right back into your own, while back-dodge attacks have longer windup and take you perilously close. It's nice as a small niche in movesets.

nioh is better

But which game is best for cosplay builds? DSIII would likely be the one with the amount of armours, spells, weapons and with their weapon arts.

DS3 has 87 armor sets.
DS2 has 115.

Can't find the exact numbers but DS3 also has less weapons and spells.
DS2 has more spells and weapons, and far fewer that are total trash. Being any flavor of gimmick caster in DS2 is viable.

Give me some of that shit, nigga.

just shockwaves my friend ;^)

I went cross-eyed reading this.

Any game but DS3 is best for cosplay builds because armor isn't dead weight in them.

wow incredible combat

What, don't you understand, anons? You're all a bunch of retards pretending to be smarter than you are, because you clicked an empty slot on the inventory screen. Didn't you know every system should be an Oblivion-style combination item list/click-to-equip screen or else it's badly designed because reasons? Because even though the formatting is clearly different just by way of the fact that there ARE visible, highlightable equipment slots, that doesn't mean he should naturally think there's a submenu underneath them when nothing else would make any sense at all! He wasn't explicitly informed on the most technical, exacting level, which means it wasn't explicit at all, which means the devs must be retards, not him. And you're a retard for clicking on empty nothing. Because reasons.

To be frank, I'm not even sure if he ever looked at the actual inventory screen as he bumblefucked around. I think he would've had an aneurysm, since there are no equip options by his definition there either, just use/drop/change order options. And all of said options are in submenus on an item-selected basis.

No, we both understand perfectly. We are just aghast at how stupid that YouTuber is.

I felt a need to reiterate for my own sake more than anything, because I still find the entire mindset hopeless to grasp. I managed to find the original inventory rant or maybe the second, which is more of the same. I have to wonder how many reuploads of his old content- not audio commentary'd responses or parodies- that there are floating around, because if I'm not mistaken it was all like this, all the way down, with occasional small child noises interspersed. I'll look around a little more in a bit to see if I can't find the gameplay.

the guy reminds me of if whiny Ted from BSC and DSP had a baby.

What is the meta SL for pvp in DaS3?

I just started ds3 and looking for the /dsg.

This bread looks nothing like the dark souls general of old. Where will i find anons to talk about my hobby now?

Dark knight legs

Vilhelm legs are helmet look bad

Why not here? What do you want to talk about, user?
I think DS3 might be my favourite of the series. Its overworld isn't as great, but the individual level design plus the story is some of the best.

You need titanite shards to upgrade your gear, earliest drops are the undead soldiers and balder knights which are (shockingly) in the areas where twinks are most likely to invade.
What is Undead Burg? Did you know you can be invaded as you start the Parish before you even get to Andre's area?
+10 of any type of armour shits all over the +0 starting armours. A +10 thiefs set has around 150% of the defensive values (except poise) of the heaviest starting armour (knight set) while it has around a third of the weight.
As I said above tit shards are hard to come by at the start of the game (without hardcore farming) and the souls required to upgrade are not readily available (without killing a boss which disables invasions).
Your points counteract what you said about equipment being a representation of skill, instead it's a representation of time played and knowledge of the game.

I've never had a population issue when it came to DaS3, then again I played it on release and for half a dozen months following its release. It seems they removed the lower limit of the upgrade spectrum so if your highest upgraded weapon is +0/+1 then you can be summoned by anyone. But this can put you at a disadvantage, if you have a +0 weapon, get summoned by a host with a +4 weapon, an invader can have a +6 weapon that shits all over you in terms of damage. Only by having a +10 weapon does it HELP TO ensure a level playing field (while you can invade a +7 host with a +10 weapon).
I'm glad we can agree on that, parrying/riposting is just too strong for what it is in 3. Just look at two WA's and a blood loss cost him around 85% of his health while a single riposte did at least 90% of the host's max health even with the 30% embered bonus. In DaS2 light weapons backstabs/ripostes never did that much damage (excluding daggers) while heavy weapons did the big damage (really the only thing going for heavy weapons).
It was by far the most common ring I've seen equipped and it was a rarity to see a non-hornet backstab/riposte. Most videos I saw about DaS3 PvP involved ripostes since killing during an invasion was just so difficult. An ounce of lag and the host can easily roll away and take a quick sippy all the while stalling to find a summon sign. The millwood axe was a god send, not just because of the high damage, the WA was the best way to chase down chuggers.

That problem was solved though. What allowed those to exist were the dad mask (5%), Havel (50%) and FaP (25%) rings weight bonus of 80% which is massive. In DaS2 Royal Soldier's Ring +2 gives 20% while Third Dragon Ring gives 12.5%. DaS2 has more equipment bonuses, so Penal Mask gives 3% while the Aurous Set (invisible) helm and gauntlets 1%, chest and leggings 1.5%. If you don't care about looks then DaS2 max is 39.5%. DaS2 also made equip load scale to stamina regen so if you're a heavy monster just hitting the fatroll cutoff (70%) your stamina regen is shit, this was a great way to balance heavy/light armours but with the addition of Flynn's ring it destroyed any notion of medium armour since they are too light for poise and too heavy for Flynn's bonus. In DaS3 Havel's Ring +3 gives 19% and Favor +3 gives 8%, Prisoner's chain gives +5 VIT.
From a max of 80% to 39.5% (32.5% with just rings/not look ugly) to 27%+5 VIT. This is no small difference especially since DaS1's END was split into END and VIT for 2 & 3 so leveling needs to more distributed.
Poise tank backstabs were also removed with the delay in 2 & 3 (although lag stabs still exist).

Even though DaS2 is dead compared to the other 2 games it has the best opportunity for cosplaying enemies, grab the Ring of the Living in the last DLC area so you appear human, don't use anything that gives you a visible buff and go hide among your kin waiting for a gank. Make sure you use the right weapons/shields though.
My enemy cosplays:
My personal favourite:
Wait in the same room as him in the DLC and do the same gesture to really mind fuck people.
Dress up as Maldron and get a few friends to do the same, use a seed of giants and wait in the room with him so an invader will get a mouthful of Maldrons (if they attack first).

That torch thing might be what fucked whole game, how much they needed to changes levels and enemy to make i hard as it was when you were in dark and off handing torch.

I hear its supposed to be 150 but have never taken a character that far, where do you want to invade?

you can buy titanite from andre for 800 souls, setting your white soap sign down for gargoyles gives you 2500 or 5000 I dont remember but even without that there is all the souls you get from getting to him, ass the souls from the titanite demon, the smattering of souls from the buterfly, the souls from the undead dragon in valley of drakes, and if you bought the key then the souls from the forest guys, and I am only counting things you can kill easily that are near andre, I didnt count hydra for example because he is hard as shit without a tower shield
in ds3 with your hosts rolling away, I have come to understand that a signigant portion of the metagame is about rollcatches and chase downs, you should probably have a strait sword or small axe (like millwood) to keep people from rolling away, if you roll away having a shield you can block with afterwards (you can block RIGHT after roll and it blocks rollcatches) having something with a running attack that will hit someone running, like a katana are both very useful too

ok

reroll

nigger I beat the game a SL1, stop bitching and upgrade your fucking gear. Those bogymen "twinks" are more often then not invading players in NG+ and its rare when they get a chance to even engage in combat with a genuine noob. When they do invade a new player they are likely going to drop titanite and at worst scare you a bit, wave, dance around and jump off a ledge. Seriously fuck you entitled pansy ass faggot.

Look up Dark Souls - Everything possible before Gargoyles - Playthrough by Vageta31

Your original argument was that your gear is a representation of skill, you keep proving yourself wrong. It's a representation of time spent and I've even told you the ways of getting around that time investment.

If you took the time from huffing your own fermented shit and actually play the fucking game at a low level and human at Burg/Parish you'll realize you get invaded by nothing but people with max level gear. I'm going to assume you have low functioning aspergers to go along with your shit sniffing addiction so I'll put this simply, I was countering the points put forward here
Having a lifetime lack of access to clean drinking water must be harsh on cognitive development. You can get a +15 weapon legitimately before Taurus or Gargoyles if you autistically grind titanite drops.
Masterkey starting gift -> Havel's tower -> forest -> Parish via Andre -> grab basement key -> Lower Undead Burg -> Depths -> Large Ember -> return to Firelink and go to New Londo -> rush past ghosts and kill Ingward -> drain water -> grab Very Large Ember
Titanite Shards are bought from Andre or farmed from undead soldiers
Large Titanite Shards can be farmed from slimes in the Depths or leeches in the swamp (can enter Blightown from the back)
Titanite Chunks and Slabs are dropped by the Dark Wraiths
If you want to be ultra autistic you can avoid Undead Burg by going New Londo -> Valley of the Drakes -> Darkroot Basin

That's how you can get a +15 weapon legitimately before Undead Burg/Parish with the power of autistm, the only boss you need to kill is the Capra Demon.
For full cancer you can grab the Estoc in New Londo and go through Blighttown via Drake Valley to get the Eagle shield for a cancer combo. Starting as a warrior and means you can use both at level 7, which is low enough to invade almost everyone at Burg/Parish.

Just because you beat DaS1 using cheat engine while at level 1 doesn't mean you're good :^)

Couldn't Dark Souls be reasonably labeled a fantasy rpg?

Exactly the problem.

Let's go

Based From Software, XD!

But user, the B team weren't involved. It was based Miyazaki and the A team, you're lying.

Turns out there are hitboxes, it's just that mine remain at the last bonfire i was at and for the enemies at their "spawn point", which means that if they run at me i can't kill them and i have to bring them back to their original position.
Simply epic.

I think you need to stop. Miyazaki and the A team are too based. Stop lying and play some more of based Miyazaki's games.

git gud casual

lol

I don't understand why they'd make entire levels and then just remake them but worse. It doesn't make sense. Wut

DS2 was a rushjob. They were planning to have a DS1-style map, but wound up having to string together the partially-completed areas in a series of straight lines sorted mostly by difficulty. There's tons of leftover unfinished areas, unused interconnecting areas, and alternate versions of existing areas that have alternate connections that lead to abysses.

They also had to scrap huge chunks of the lighting system probably because there's no way in hell consoles could reasonably handle what they clearly had planned: A cyclical day/night system that affecting lighting, lockon distance, and enemy behavior, and shadows based on the sun's current position.
There's an absolute shitload of dynamic systems like that coded into ds2 that they never actually used to any real degree, and shot the rest of the game in the foot in order to implement them. Like, you know how animations are kind of awkward and look like shit? That's because the engine does the tweening between animations as needed; only about half of what your character does was animated by humans.

Raise adaptability. With 100 agility you give yourself a wider window to parry with. With 105 agility you can't get any faster at performing your action.

DSII wasn't so much a rush job. It was being made for some time before Bandai had the directors switched out. Tanimura had to piece together as good a game as he could.