Comfort Games

What games are you always sure to have installed on your PC? Games you don't even bother uninstalling due to always coming back to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_2:_Director's_Cut)
thepiratebay.org/torrent/12747234/Silent_Hill_2_PC_Widescreen_Mod_Full_HD_repack_Mr_DJ
youtube.com/watch?v=wlaGnSlH-Qw
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The complete NTSC-U libraries of most Gen 3 to 5 systems, Fallout 1/2/NV, Gothic 1/2 and Dark Souls.

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Crimsonland
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

-Doom
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R
-Half Life
-Super Metroid
-SWAT 4
-System Shock 2
-Gmod
-Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
-Mount and Blade

Dustforce DX
Devil May Cry 3 SE
Thief: The Dark Project

Silent Hill 2 is a comfort game now?

Fuck yes it is.

Relative to the severity of the other two games in the series I'd say that's a fair characterization, yeah. Hell, some people even describe SH3 as a comfy game, who knows what people mean by that word.

No matter what computer I have on me I always have the latest release of Dwarf Fortress. A great game to play while travelling to uni and back.

fallout 3
skyrim
fnaf
katawa shoujo
unteralterbach

Vampire Bloodlines
Sengoku Rance
Kamidori
Pathologic

By the way, if you know a good pc version of silent hill 2 that doesn't work like shit, I would love it

what about games that are just a pain in the ass with how long they take to install and mod?

Supposedly if you can get your hands on the European Director's Cut edition, and then patch the shit out of it (pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_2:_Director's_Cut) it's good to go.

Dubs confirms good games

Thanks!

thepiratebay.org/torrent/12747234/Silent_Hill_2_PC_Widescreen_Mod_Full_HD_repack_Mr_DJ

run the patcher it comes with after the install to set the resolution

Run as Admin

use this tutorial to fix sound glitch: youtube.com/watch?v=wlaGnSlH-Qw

after that everything should work great.

Something about the atmosphere and feel of this game is just perfect.

It's probably the OST, 3 is definitely the hardest to find comfy though.

Verdun
Dark Messiah
EYE Divine Cybermancy
Guild Wars

Thank you, seriously, THANK YOU!

I really want to like Pathologic, I hope the remake makes me want to play it.

no problem, if you've got any troubles after install let me know. I've troubleshot that game so many times it isn't even funny.

Racedriver: GRID

Probably my favourite racing game of all time and something I will never get tired of.

Deus Ex
Thief
Doom
Vampire Bloodlines
Legacy of Kain: Defiance

muh niggah

I miss X3 threads. I hope they make X4 an actual X game unlike Stillbirth. The fact that interiors are still in the game isn't a good sign, though.

Bait?

PSO2

I don't know why but recently downloads take up to hours when they took no time at all before I got my modem replaced. Now I'm worried that if I unistall anything, by the time I redownload it I'm gonna lose interest.

X-Blades

It's not as shit as people make it out to be, but the fact that the more you play the more dressed up Ayumi becomes kinda kills aesthetic pleause.

Old RTS games, CnC, Red Alert, Dune, Age of Empires, Warcraft and Starcraft.

I replay 3 regularly but it sure as fuck isn't for comfort. It's just that the themes and characters tickle my fancy far more than the other games do.
I'd play it more if I wasn't too lazy to fix the bug that makes me have to configure the settings every time I launch it

Crazygame.exe
Half-Life
Rogue
Spelunky (old version)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

League of Legends

I'm gonna be really sad when I can't install them anymore because of higher bits or unsupported shit.

delet this

STALKER: SoC and CoP are games I must always have installed on my computer.

Agree, SH3 always felt oppressive to me. Just thinking about it feels stressful, but also fun.

Doom
Fallout 1/2/NV
Hitman : Blood Money
Max Payne
GTA : SA
SWAT 4
Fable : TLC
Postal 2
THUG Pro

Surprised how many games I had that fit this criteria.

Thief
Thief 2
Dark Mod
Guild Wars

Besides Guild Wars, I still play them fairly often. Mostly T2 because it still gets fan missions made. Dark Mod does too but less often, which is a shame.

That's when you look into building a machine specifically for playing older games.

I won't say the adaptation, but I like you OP for not being a cocksucking memefaggot.

Its handling mechanics are the best so far in my case. Do you know any similar? Driver: SF is also similar too.

any cave shmup
metal slug
initial d
spacechem
lumines
klonoa
learning new combos in fighting games can be pretty comfy if you're autistic like me

familiarity is comforting but even beyond that i just sort of find horror & /x/ stuff comfy in general. when you break them down to their core components, survival horror games are just puzzles & resource management with pretty backgrounds and good sound design

No bully but MGSV and Ground Zeroes, I just replay SP missions and sideops over and over.

oh god don't remind me

Duke3D
Arma 2
Jagged Alliance 2
Rule the Waves
Doom
GTA 2
Dwarf Fortress
Killing Floor
Mount and Blade
OpenTTD

honestly, I'm just glad you were able to get that much fun out of it. I just quit during the Africa part but loved everything up to that point. At some point the game just felt unfinished to me.

Also, it still has one of the best beginnings segments in vidya.

I didn't care about the story at all, I didn't even bother finishing the game proper, after a while (also in Africa) I just downloaded a save file with all the missions unlocked, I installed a mod to remove heli rides, randomize enemy patrols, lower deployment costs, etc. and I've been replaying missions and doing sideops over and over in a lot of different ways for hundreds of hours. I just love the base gameplay, everything surrounding it I don't really care, I don't even play as Big Boss most of the time, I just play as combat qts.

every halloween i replay fatal frame 3, and every christmas i replay parasite eve 1 and 2. i don't know why, but i do know that it's the comfiest shit ever

only if you choose to wear more armor. you can switch back to the thong and rope bondage getup whenever.

also fuck you x-blades was terrible

X Blades is a terrible, barely functional game, plain and simple.

-Fallout: New Vegas
-Alan Wake
-Dolphin emulator with pic related for games
-Brutal Doom(and a huge unorganized folder of various other Doom mods)
-Kerbal Space Program
-Left4Dead 2(I like to occasionally see what new workshop mods have come out)
-Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
-Dead Space 2(Fun game to speedrun)
-Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
-Race the Sun
-Star Wars Jedi Academy

Streets Of Rage Remake

It is unfinished. More and more obviously so the further you get in. If you quit before rescuing Code Talker you have no clue what a massive, gaping hole you avoided seeing into and knowing will never be filled.

Kojima not only crammed in what little future-DLC-expansion content was finished as "Chapter 2", he even showed us the actual ending as a LE Blu-ray extra proving how gimped it was. I think it's clear now that Kingdom of the Flies was going to be another GZ sized DLC but Konami probably flipped their shot over how few people bought GZ and that ended the "Chapter 3: Peace" dream before it even had a chance.

The worst part of all is how Chapter 2 was blatantly re-written, with major character deaths happening off-screen and subplots dropped mid-sentence with little to no resolution. If I had to guess how it was going to go down, Kaz was Ahab the whole time and destroyed Diamond Dogs trying to bait Cypher, Skull Chico went crazy and became Frank Jaeger after a hard brainwashing, Strangelove was the real villain and sold out Mother Base without telling Huey, Skullface was running Cypher while Major Zero was in a coma and Ocelot was behind the Man Who Sold The World plan. No way in hell that wasn't the original plan, or close to it anyway.

Almost forgot E.Y.E