RTS Thread - Thrawns Revenge Edition

So now that Empire at War now has multiplayer again, would anons be up for playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

springrts.com/wiki/Games
hiveworkshop.com/threads/curse-of-the-forsaken-v2-1.228049/
hiveworkshop.com/threads/rise-of-the-blood-elves-v3-0.245153/
moddb.com/mods/enhanced-4x-mod
youtube.com/watch?v=Fa4fBtuJch4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it does?

Was about to suggest everyone download Thrawns Revenge on the workshop until I noticed the subject and image.

Note that land battles are currently kind of fucked and the New Republic is a bit OP in space.

Recently got updated by Petroglyph

To be honest I think Awakening of the Rebellion mod may be far more fun to play considering it actually is pretty good provided you don't play against the assine cheating AI I don't mind making an AI difficult but when they get dozens of free ships per minute it does kind of suck the fun out of things

How does Thrawn fit into the new canon?

They shoehorned him into one of their cartoons

Is AOE2 still the comfiest?

I thought he doesn't even exist but I could be wrong.

Met a fate worse than decanonization

No.
Age of Mythology is.

Requesting that Cybran ACU MS Paint meme photograph because me and my friends have gotten back into it.

Lot of fun so far, though they're new and don't know how to deal with gunship spam. They're current meta is

You don't want to know.

Oh yes, gibbe the videogames.

Has someone made userpatch compatible with the HD expansions?

whats so bad about ground battles?

they're slow, shitty blobfests. it's kinda hard to explain why they suck but i think it has a lot to do with the fact that the space portion of the game is really well thought out and fun, and the ground battles are barely tolerable in comparison and simply require more/better units vs actual strategy

If you're playing Empire, you just need to spam ground units and anti-air for the inevitable large force of Speeders the rebels always have. It's the same battle every time, and it's dull as fuck.

I know what that's from. I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but I do know it. That is the most vapid, unfun, boring shitfest of an MMO I have ever played in my entire life. There is no doubt in my mind that every person who plays that is a low-functioning autist. I'd rather stick my dick in a blender then even download that garbage back onto my computer ever again. Fuck I cannot put into words how shit of a "game" that is. Kill yourself for taking a screencap of it, too.
On another note, if Empire at War does actually have multiplayer again anyone wanna schedule a match or something? Also if we're actually going to I recommend the Republic at War mod.

Used to love playing that game. Sadly the two people I always played with won't touch it again. One is going through an all rts games are terrible phase, and the other will ONLY play sup com 2 despite how fucking terrible it is…

Actually it's a screenshot from Empire at War: Trek Wars mod

Oh

Calling it.

Would love to recommend it, the units are very well made. But unfortunately the Federation are utterly OP and break the game.

Grounds Battles would have been better if they managed to get it to work where you could have Space and Land Battles on at the same time. And the ground maps were big enough to accommodate Star Destroyers which at one point could take part in Ground Battles as a unit but it just made Empire insanely OP

Any real niggas here who play Rebellion?

I remember the game but almost nothing about it. I should pick it up again. Maybe read a tips and tricks guide since I'm clearly not hardcore like you still playing that shit decades later.

lol I'm not hardcore at all, just remembered the game and wondered if anyone else did too. I've only played it MP once. The SP AI is pretty easy to beat and not that fun to play against.

Can you guys share some screenshots of older (90s, maybe early 2k) RTS games? I remember back in the Red Alert/Tiberian Sun days I played a rts game, but I have no idea what it was called.

There were tons of Dune/C&C/WC clones around that time, got any more information on the game you are looking for?

Anyone try that Divinity RTS? The campaign reminds me of Empire at War.

Imperial Civil War :^)

The AI, at least in galactic conquest, also routinely plays in the most obnoxious manner possible with stuff like artillery unit spam or making the entire garrison on a planet snowspeeders and then not engaging you with them. Sometimes it would feel like you're playing against someone online trying to fuck with you by wasting your time.

I actually did that with a Squadron of TIE Defenders in a space battle funny enough when playing online Galactic Conquest. I actually won the battle just by hit and running everything till nothing but his capital ships were left at which point he retreated.

Okay anons I need to make a confession. Fetch me a Priest for I recently bought 8-Bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders cause they were on sale.
I actually thought it was pretty good all things considered but definitely not worth full price. Multiverse mode is fun but could do with more options

Total WaWa 2 High Elf campaign gameplay.

I like Indypride's commentary so I'm linking his analysis

What's your favorite Spring mod? Mine is 1944.

springrts.com/wiki/Games

The ones that worked before Spring Devs fucked the game up so pathfinding became broke among other things.

Tell me anons, do you play Sins of a Solar Empire? If yes, what's your favourite faction - TEC, Vasari or Advent?

The one with the Wormholes.
Zoom Zoom and such.
It is quite the nice arcadey game with and against friends.

TEC Rebels 4 lyfe

But how about them space forts?

Too much of a money and resource sink
Could be better spent on more ships to attack and besiege

Both TEC and Vasari were the shit. Althought Varari rebels not that much
Advent are shit, I thing we can agree on that.

TEC all day erryday fellow merchant.

May the Unity watch over us.

Advent. I prefer their capital ships, and that wormhole star-linking portal thing is a god-send on large maps. I also prefer their star-to-star bombardment weapon. The TEC's sucks ass, you'd have to build multiple to actually take out a single shitty planet. The Vasari's are decent, but only if they shoot it in a culture-contested area. Advent one is amazing, it's a shock immediate-attack weapon that works well with the aggressive playstyle you should play them with. The Advent tech trees are a bit worse than the TEC's, granted, but no where near the shittyness of the Vasari. Also, Advent starbases can move, and, although they cost more to upgrade fully the level you can take each type of upgrade to is much deeper, leading to being able to specialize starbases much better.

Think you're getting Vasari and Advent mixed up. Vasari have the wormhole and moving starbases, Advent have mainly culture weapons and fighter drones.

Fugg
Again I mixed two things up in the same thread

Happens to all of us, don't get too upset.

None of you faggot played the Alliance mod? Awesome mod adding basically all the extended universe units, heroes vehicles etc
I was talking to the mod's developer a few months' ago and he mentioned adding the Legacy era.
I should redownload all of that and keep fucking the Alliance in the ass again

Does Spring 1944 have working AI? I might give getting Spring to work another go if so.

Some do, most don't.

Only a few months left until 2018.

What do you prefer, infantry or cavalry?

I'm always been an infantry kind guy, but I must admit I favor tanks in modern/sci-fi games.

And heavy cavalry are usually OP in medieval games.

Is the Thrawn trilogy any good?

I prefer a nice long, solid, deep infantry line to some cav to skirmish with. In a lot of the Total War games, as retarded as it is to say out-loud, I feel like I've developed a personal doctrine of sort. In more modern games I enjoy a more defensive play but with lots and lots of heavy artillery.

Help me, Holla Forums, I need to play medieval RTS game with swords and magic, like Warcraft III. But I already played that, while it is great, I just want more.

Yes.

Heroes of Annihilated Empires
or
8-Bit Hordes
:^)

Empire at War is pretty cool, but I wish the battles were in full 3D.

Holla Forums, I am disappoint.

Rise of Legends
Glest
Majesty
Spellforce

Why would the RTS Thread mention Starfleet Command? This isn't a Space Thread. or /strek/ thread

A huge number of the games mentioned in this thread have space battles. Too bad Starfleet Command is also 2D. It probably has the most in-depth ship management system of any game series.

A) It's still not an RTS you retarded faggot.
B) You haven't played Klingon Academy

Is this game still shit? Is it worth the pirate with the expansion?

it's still shit

Yeah, in TW, I do prefer having a solid infantry line backed with some heavy cavalry as hammer/anvil.

Modern combat is the same, heavy infantry (if available) supported by heavy tanks. But I think I prefer putting infantries into transport that can fire from their firing port, that shit is wack.

Should we have a separate real-time tactical thread, then? I don't think there are enough people here to populate both an RTS and RTT thread.

Eh, Heroes of Annihilated Empires is closer to Cossacks. Plus it has sci-fi elements.

I would hardly call Starfleet Command an RTT, it's more akin to a warship sim. Startrek Armada is more this thread.

The Borg. There's nothing more pathetic than being defeated by a collection of cubes, spheres and other assorted geometric figures

Could be worse, could be defeated by the Swedish

Should I play Supreme Commander vanilla first or can I just skip ahead to Forged Alliance?

For single player it's probably best to start with the original. The expansion campaign sort of throws you in at the deep end and assumes you can handle yourself whereas the vanilla campaign gradually introduces things much like your usual RTS single player campaign.
That said, there's some rather significant balance changes between SupCom and FA (and even between singleplayer FA and multiplayer FA) so don't expect to learn anything transferable to multiplayer about build orders and such.

Picture from the cockpit

Might make a room for Empire at War tonight if anons would be down for it?

Sounds good to me. Sooner is better than later, though. Should we settle on a mod or is vanilla good enough?

And another thing: anyone tried Ashes of the Singularity?

Yeah, and unless you get Esclation it's not worth it. Just misses the mark so much to the point it feels like an alpha of a better game. It's a game crying out for air transports as it's far too slow, being a Supreme Commander wannabee but just not.

probably vanilla cause despite imbalances it's a lot more balanced than most of the Mods which are often overglorified ship viewers.

Empire at War match tonight anons. Vanilla only for starters. Later there can be mods.

Server should be up: "Infinity FoC"
Password "infv"

Fuck
Come on you niggers time for vidya

KILL ALL COVVIES

What RTS game should I start with, when wanting to get into the genre?

The same we all did

and then the game crashed

Based Petroglyph
Lets try this shit with 4 people
Ill host

Server name will be the same

Prostagma?

We could also try a threeway

Will join in a minute, need a drink after that.

ETIMOS

Nice match, no lag due to BRs
Ill do another in an hour or so

Was fun but that was a 2vs1, the fag didn't even move any of his units till halfway through the match. Again?

By the way your match is still up supposedly, another bug.

Amazing
Also, back now if any of you fags want another round

L
I
R
U
L
I
E
K
S
L
E
E
R

Shit did I miss the server?

Get in nig

So, anyone here cautiously optimistic about Iron Harvest?

Its dead and shit and so is Ancestors

fleet combat was so simple yet feelt so good

Is this the new space thread?

Kohan is cool and very unique.

no this is the RTS thread, space thread is at

Start with Dune II and other DOS-era RTS.
Cossacks and Warcraft III are also good starter RTS.

I have an urge to play C&C again, just don't want to play Nod commando missions again though.

Then use cheats to blaze through them.

After that attempt last night I can safely suggest that we don't try it, not till more patching is done. Doesn't even have working passwords for servers and if someone joins using a different mod/version of the game they will crash the entire server when you start a match.

Wanna play multiplayer then? I haven't played C&C95 in so long, i remember it was just tank and engiespam though, but even that was way more fun than some newer RTS games.

I forgot how bad the economy was in C&C Tiberian Sun I remember being worse with having 8 and still not getting enough

no it's fine, you're probably just not being efficient with your cash, you do know that if you sell your tech buildings you keep the tech till you loose the production buildings right?

So, what are some fun rts games for Linux? or has good wine compatibility

Everything is hilariously expensive in TS. A simple infantry squad of like 10 riflemen and 4 grenadiers is something around 2100-2300 credits, meaning around two harvesting trips regardless if green or blue tiberium. It doesn't help that they're also slow as fuck when moving and unloading the tiberium into your refineries so to keep an active economy you have to spend a ridiculeous amount of resources into getting 3-4 refineries online as soon as possible.

NetPanzer.

Why do people say C&C Generals was bad again?

Constant desynchs in multiplayer, the infamous Scud bug, memory leak problem
I´d still play it over any RTS game that has been released in the last couple of years however

it's bad for afew reasons but it is a fun game even then, the balance being off the charts is the top reason why it's not a good rts. introducing unit cap into C&C and "abilities" that aren't deniable outside of destroying the CC was cancer. the fact that the meta was stale the moment it came out really spoke for its self.

Also, we've got a serious case of "life imitates art imitates life" - ISIS is basically GLA. Now we just need to wait for China to start nuking German cities full of terrorists and for US to withdraw from Europe.

that's what C&C is in a sense as tib dawn was based upon the gulf conflict I think

I want to play Age of Empires. Which games suck and which doesn't? I have also heard that the definitive edition suck. Help me again, Holla Forums, which game is the best and which are more alive that I should invest my time in it in case I want to play it with other anons?

AOE I and II are worth playing, HD edition runs like horseshit, AOM is also worth playing and again avoid the remaster. AOE III is very odd. It certainly does not deserve as much hate as it gets but it could have been far better thought out.

Could you please elaborate (mainly for AoE 1). What about other definitive editions? Also, I am guessing most people believe that 4 will suck because it is CURRENT YEAR + 2?

We need a loli C&C mod

Definitive Editions are going to be the same game with new textures, just another cashgrab from Microsoft.

What for and how would that even work?

By giving your life for Master Loli

Meh, I'd rather give my life for Mistress Ara. Or make some other dumb bastard give his life.

I'll just leave these here like I always do. Most people don't talk about them though.

I only really played C&C, starcraft and warcraft, some AoE. What are some great RTS games I'm missing out on and can't afford to neglect a minute longer? Any good WW2 ones?

three out of four aren't really RTS is why

Only one we haven't had a dedicated thread on was Sacrifice.

Cossacks and its fantasy cousin Heroes of Annihilated Empires, Empire Earth 1 and 2, Company of Heroes, Homeworld and Star Wars: Empire at War. I expect others to add up to this list.

Cossacks,American Conquest, World in Conflict, RUSE, Supreme Commander with Forged Alliance (stay away from SupCom2), the early Dawn of War games and Lambda Wars (even though its more of a multiplayer experience)
Blitzkrieg, Sudden Strike, Axis & Allies, Men of War games and I remember Rush for Berlin being a pretty decent game

Not RTS, strictly speaking, but the Total War series has some awesome real time battles mixed with a turn-based strategic map. Only the earlier ones are really great though. Specifically Rome 1, Medieval 1 & 2, and Shogun 1 (though you might skip it if you're a fag and can't stomach older graphics). Shogun 2 is also fun but not of the same caliber as previous titles with the possible exception of the Fall of the Samurai DLC which has some pretty good gunpowder warfare going on. Total Warhammer gets an honorable mention for being pretty decent in spite of being made by modern devs.
Avoid Rome 2 like the plague. Dip your feet into Empire Total War if you dare (The Napoleon expansion is kind of nice though). I haven't played Attila but I hear it's somewhat better than Rome 2.
But yeah, start with Medieval 2 and Rome 1. Those two also have the best mods.

Sad how it's obviously unfinished and will never get a sequel. It had a pretty good setting and the mechanics were refreshing. Plus I love high quality 2D spritework.
Good taste overall, user.

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Thanks a bunch anons. I'm going to check these out, probably starting with Medieval 2 and Cossacks because they look pretty damn fun.

sequel never
remaster never

why even live never

Shekels that's why

I absolutely love Sacrifice. Got it from the pirate bay a while ago and have to say that it still stands out as one of the best RTS titles.

Man, good memories. Back when studios actually made risks. Any more recent games use similar mechanics?

Bump with something semi-rts related

Being able to play it again without problems never.

This thread needs more ==DAKKA==

Is this a Gothic Mod?

Yeah
The russian continuation of the german original mod to be exact, but its basically unplayable thanks to it always crashing around turn 40-50 for random reasons and the guy who uploaded it to moddb offers no help whatsoever to find out whats causing this
etc
Still offers some great improvements over the orig. mod

I wonder if this wouldn't have happened if the devs shaved their tools with modders.

You mean CA or the guys behind the original Gothic mod?
The original Gothic mod has been dead for 5 or so years so I doubt that the people behind that could have helped
I blame the russians and their overuse of pointless script events that it always crashes

Could someone recommend me a story heavy RTS that will run on my old ass laptop? I've been replaying Warcraft 3 and it is pretty good.

Homeworld.

If you're repaying WC3, try some single player campaigns. I recommend these ones.
hiveworkshop.com/threads/curse-of-the-forsaken-v2-1.228049/
hiveworkshop.com/threads/rise-of-the-blood-elves-v3-0.245153/
Some crazy bastard actually put the first two expansions, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King as campaigns. They follow mostly what happens I think, but they're good missions and reasonably balanced.

I have to admit that I have never played Homeworld. I am going to change that today.

Thanks for these mate.

Warzone 2100
older C&C games
KKND
Original War
Starcraft
Stronghold
American Conquest
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos
Act of War
Dungeon Keeper
Populous: The Beginning

Besides homeworld, is there any other 3D RTS?

Nexus: the Jupiter Incident is a space RTT but very worth playing for the cool space opera story.

Also Conquest: Frontier Wars.

I saw that crusader kings 2 was on sale on steam, and I remember that someone on Holla Forums recommended it to me when I asked for a game with overly complex, medieval politics.
The reviews say that the base game is good but there's too much damn DLC and the game is frustrating for it.
Is it that bad, and is there something else to fill the void?

I only play RTS games and know nothing about grand strategy. Anyways here is the correct thread

Thank you so much for these. I played wc3 custom campaign named "Chosen ones" or something similar and it was really good. Have to play these while waiting for that wc4 announcement at blizzcon.

Tried the first mission of that, it's a little different but I think I'll like it.

Two problems I had were the hero ships are as durable as shredded paper and you really need to mass your ships in order to push forward. Still pretty good.

Patrician taste user.

Adeptus Mechanicus march!

just why

TEC. Man do I love this game. It straddles the line between arcadey RTS and 4X perfectly. The other factions are pretty great to though, in their own ways.

What do you fags think of the enhanced 4X mod? Anyone here give it a try?

moddb.com/mods/enhanced-4x-mod

Pretty great, play as Loyalist TEC and put 3 Argonevs around every planet. I usually play with Interregnum enabled.

My fucking nigga.

He was made canon in season 3 of Rebels, the portrayal isnt terrible either (though the show has gotten worse each new season.)

If (((ezra))) kills him off, Disney will have a fucking shitshow on their hands. The smart move would be to keep him around for now, milk the whales and kill him off once interest subsides.

Played for a bit. It's pretty good. No major problems till I hit the shielded enemies. Those small vessels don't pose a problem but they repair their shields so god damn fast.
When it was just the Angelwing verses those I had some trouble but after I've gotten a few ships, set two to break shields and wait basically. Convoy mission was a nightmare because you have one support against 6 of those plus a carrier. Got really lucky basically.

But yeah, it's a fun little game.

Underrated post.

That space shotgun is the reason I play them exclusively, although the other races have more unqiue game mechanics.

From what I remember him saying:

None of this or really anything negative about the game is up for debate either. He will just say I'm being a fanboy for the first game.

Sauce on mod?

I enjoyed the prequel trilogy more than the original trilogy.

The OT aged like shit. The universe feels empty and the acting is cheesy.

Say anything you want about the overblown CGI, but at least the universe in the PT feels packed and full of life, politics and events.

Gothic Total War: Chronicles of Myrtana

you niggas play anything on springlobby?

No. We tried once. It was terrible.

WiC night when?

My own personal doctrine of strategy is basically Blitz/S&A. Thus I tend to build more cavs/tanks and supplement them with infantry and siege/arty/aircraft.

I just started playing Warlords:Battlecry 3 recently. Looks like a fun game so far. Any tips on playing as the undead?

I can't really be truly satisfied with anything unless I've got some form of elite infantry I can eventually deploy. I'd take a faction with amazing infantry and decent cavalry over something with decent infantry and amazing cavalry any day. This mostly applies to any setting, although stuff with really good tanks sometimes makes me reconsider.

I recommend playing in Battlecry 2 - better balanced around titans and towers.

It's been a while, but from what I recall the undead make more use of small groups of elite units instead of spamming as you would expect. Liches can raise the dead for a time, so if there are enough casualties in a battle your liches can create reinforcements all by themselves. Doom knights are absurdly tough, but slow. The ghost dudes (shadows?) are a good source of elemental damage early on, and since they drain XP can become absurdly powerful if you're lucky or if you babysit them.
If you have a necromancer hero (and you should) then spamming is still a viable option once your mana regen goes up to a respectable level with research (or raw stats). Necromancers can also summon zombies to work in the mines (they don't despawn once inside) which is a damn good economic boost early on. Death Knights are cool as well and can learn necromancy later on but aren't as strong magically since they don't learn arcane magic. Stick to the necromancer if you really want to fuck shit up.
Most undead units are weak to crushing but resistant to piercing damage, with the exception of higher tier units like doom knights and vampires. This makes you vulnerable to stuff like catapults. In particular dark dwarves will fuck you up with their golems. I don't remember how I dealt with them, probably spam skeletons or towers since they deal lightning damage. I think some golems were weak to lightning.
Have fun, user! It's a nice game. Kind of a shame devs don't do good RTS with persistent heroes anymore.
Pic semi-related. Not RTS but best necromancy.

I never did play Battlecry 2. Regardless of balance, how much content (races, classes, campaign) does it have compared to 3?

Rebels was never good.

Emperor Battle for Dune was the shit. I sometimes have conversations about it with people in other RTS threads.

I remember dropping the Devastators into the enemy base. Good times.

sounds great. dont interfere with that. the best part of rts is being bad and playing with others who are bad.

Voulome

So, how shit is AOEIV going to be? worse then III? They havent shown shit, so yeah. At least i guess it's good they're trying to make RTS's again.

As you said, we have yet to see any gameplay so its hard to form an informed opinion, but seeing how its made by Relic and published by Micro$hit its going to be ass thats only available on Win10 store

Anyone think of Chad Spearmen when they see that image?

Rise of Nations. It requires a quite smaller amount of micromanagement than the classics while still being on par with them in terms of gameplay. Then you can move on to the Age of Empires/Mythology series. All of those have been revamped in the last years and have a lot of mods accompanying the new versions so you can now enjoy them with a lot better graphics, more civs and improved gameplay.

I really liked the original Company of Heroes. Just make sure you play it patched because the first versions had really shitty fun-killing glitches and bugs.

Is the "8-bit" series as mechanically strong as any Command & Conquer game or is it just some simplified shit?

That mod is so underrated. The balance and gameplay differences between the Humans and Covenent are fun as fuck. Covenent rule the early and mid game, have an absolute buttfuck of shields on all of their ships, and can expand far quicker than the humans can — humans meanwhile have way stronger economy, and get over their early game weakness to absolutely dominate the late-mid and endgame with MAC canons that do two buttfucks of damage for every one buttfuck of shields.

It's like a budget C&C. It plays fine and actually isn't that bad it just doesn't have the charm.

Is the HD version of AoE2 good then?

It runs like ass.

Get AoE2 + Conquerors, then download the Forgotten Empires mod. Not only does it add a few more civs and rebalance the game a bit, but it also makes it run at 60 fps so it looks silky smooth.

How does this shit play? I can't find a youtube video I can stomach that shows actual gameplay. Is there base building? Is there upgrades? It looks like you mostly walk around and wave a flag.

Looks dangerously furry

Like a game made for tablets and controllers
You only need Mouse+WASD+spacebar
Here is a walkthrough with no commentary: youtube.com/watch?v=Fa4fBtuJch4
Only 2 defensive buildings+your recruitment buildings (that recruit as soon as the required food is available) and your food production building that requires building (actually its more like requisitioning) fields
basically yeah

It's more vore then furry.

And someone had the gall to call it RTS

Is there a way to make American Conquest's UI slightly bigger?

Furry shit aside, this looks revolting. I want indie hackfrauds to stop trying to mix oil with water.

How do they deal with literally any aircraft beyond T1 bombers and the Jester then?

a crispy, crunchy, peanut buttery backwoods

AFAIK no

This shit would have been much better had it not been designed for console retards. Even then it'll probably be merely mediocre on par of 8-Bit Army instead of being outright bad as it is now. Furry shit aside, anyway.

Just finished the tutorial campaign in American Conquest. So far so good albeit I find the combat rather chaotic but maybe that was just because enemy's base was really close to mine in the last mission.

Get used to it
Native factions dont really benefit from formations so their morale is just all over the place when you get a good musket volley in or flank them with your cav
Also taking any larger building is a bitch without cannons

Any of you guys try the Empire at War Remake Mod? Its pretty good though balance is a little funky lasers should do more damage. Very pretty to

Got back into playing Generals again with some mods. Feel like a few are overrated.

Play Rise of the Reds Mod:
Clearly designed by Autistic Krauts

Should try Shockwave. It's like Generals+ and is a bit more balanced. Contra is pretty fun with friends, even if some are over powered.

Earlier versions of Shockwave were honestly better. More unique units and base armies got a lot more love.

Oh and forgot to mention, ability to actually play the Single Player Campaign using the mod.

Mind spoonfeeding me, user-sama?

I wish the Star Wars mod for Generals got finished. It actually had some good features in it.

Are there anymore RTS games that are getting released this year?
besides Spellforce 3

Nothing good.

There's a race war going on at the moment. Warcraft 3 race war.

So for Emperor, you can still play multiplayer with a torrented copy if you have something set up like Hamachi or Tunngle right?

Thanks for the recomendation. I'm really impressed by just how well it runs with the forgotten empires mod.

looked like shit so I never got it

C&C Gamenight When?

How long will it take you faggots to subvert Holla Forums to such degree that fursuit threads will exist on a recurrent basis? Just curios, I want to know when to start saving for a gun to escape this shillfest.

Leave, burn your computer, take a shit on the fire, jump out your window and never come back.

It'll be shit, right? I'm really afraid it'll be so.

Yup then again R.U.S.E. turned out to be good

If Sudden Strike 4 is anything to go by, then yes

and how long has it been since RUSE came out?

R.U.S.E. came out seven years ago, and the last RTS I can think of that was good.

So fags if anons were to setup a gamenight what RTS should we play?
It needs to be "free" easy to setup and host and "fun"
WZ2100? A C&C game? Does 0 A.D. have multiplayer?

A few things with with E:BFD.
Speed scales with CPU cyckles so it runs on insane speed on todays machines, buildings made of paper mache and pin point accurate death hand. Previous titles death hand was powerful but inacurate.

Other than that it was good.

LOL. All valid points that I addressed to the mod creator on his forum. But nope, can't have any criticism in the hugbox.

Then you have contra.

Shockwave Productions used to be good, key point used to. Don't know what happened, maybe a new dev took over? But one of the key things is that they refused to add shit like the Abrams Tank to the game cause it signalled a lack of imagination. Now they have tons of "real" units in Shockwave combined with ports from C&C3.

But Dubsman, Starcraft 2 was also good. From the mechanical standpoint, that is. The plot was thoroughly dissected and sometimes improved via custom campaigns.

C&C games are all 8 players max and all work on game ranger so im not sure if thats a good choice for gamenight

cncnet works better

But does it work on a pirate?

I think it does

Yeah it's pretty good. We're getting better too which is also nice, especially when people remember that shields are a thing that can in fact be built.

They don't. We're all playing coop and the one thing that makes them so mad is the one single t1 bomber that just continually passes over and denies t1 flak installations and mass extractors. They just don't know what to do.

Nobody builds air unless it's to rush gunships except for me. It's pathetic and also hilarious.

Whatever happened to Command & Conquer?

Also whats a newish modern-day RTS?

EA
Nothing worth playing

It was shit at the launch and Attila is better but I don't get this "avoid like the plague" stuff about it now that the emperor edition came out.

I disagree. Dungeons 3 came out and it looks okay.

Are there any mods for the original AOE that I should use?

Who else /Age of Empires 3/ here? It's unironically a great RTS, and there's an active community that hosts cash-prize tournaments.

Don't think I have a clear favorite, really. Maybe TEC because Marza Dreadnought missile spam is so fucking lovely to watch. Advent and Vasari have the more mechanically fun titans, though.
>tfw tiny glimmer of hope for a multithreaded Sins 2 with faction campaigns

I wonder if it'll see a resurgence in popularity after AoE4 drops and is the new most hated bastard of the series.
MEEMACHU
IMAJESHUL
MIKAINJAHUSS

I am tempted to make an Advent calendar for December.

Old C&C games, the types cncnet supports, has no drm or unlock/activation codes and are freeware asides from RA2 which already gets patched through the multiplayer client anyway even if you pirated it because said codes only worked for the old and now defunct WOL and XWIS multiplay services, which cncnet bypasses anyways because it's a glorified LAN-mode VPN hack. They just don't provide RA2 or Renegade through their website because legal reasons, doesn't mean they don't support pirate copies.

I'll play with you senpai

I gave up on supcom the day I launched the browser and was shocked to find 7 servers up at once. However, I could feel my hope eroding bit by bit as I opened each one and saw the red 1 Mod Enabled, 2 Build Restrictions text under the map, in every server.
I got to the last, an Ian's Cross, there was no Build Restrictions or 1 Mod Enabled, there was no Easy AI taking up all but one of the slots, there was no NR20 setting.

Then the host started saying something in cyrillic. It was then that I knew my fate was cast.

No, FAF is no better, it has been many moons since I saw a game on FAF that wasn't gap of rohan and or Thermopylae.

I'm really disappointed that no one has made a stupid
picture

I'm trying to make Chud Hirdsmen in my dwarf fortress human embark, a squad with no shields, light armour, a battle axe, and a short sword. They're probably going to get pincushioned just like in dom4.

The more I play spellforce the more shit I realize it is. The main campaign was a fucking blast until it shit itself at the end. The first expansion starts out really fucking bad and then eventually just becomes mediocre. It follows a pattern where I clear the levels out way too fast and am underleveled, so I have to leave the game on overnight with my units grinding XP until I hit the soft cap. The hero creation is really cool and there are a lot of interesting spells, too bad it's basically pointless, because your army gets way too big for your caster to make an impact. It's a huge pile of wasted potential.

It's just a dissapointing game for me. There's no reason to not just stay with Rome 1 other than the better graphics.

A proper Sins sequel is supposedly in the works. I dearly hope it's not shit.

SupCom unofficial gamenight when?

Exactly. I love the idea of Spellforce, but wasted potential sums it up quite nicely.

Also, post best RTS for necromancy. Pic sort of related.

Guess what showed up in my e-mail today.

Does that imply they are going to remake CoH1 or make a new CoH game alltogether? I seriously hope they dont do either of those options
Is the DLC you get/got something new or just a random one?

Wat ? It's not them, right ?

it is

Since when does fucking relic have rights over AoE ?

Microsoft contracted Relic to develop the game.

The survey asked what kind of new fections and theatres (as in, African and Pacific theatre) you would like to see. Also, I was of alert due to things like "would you like to see card-based mode where you can mix Axis and Allied units?" and "Do you prefer dynamic campaign over linear one?" and "Which graphics style do you prefer - CoH 1, CoH 2, both or neither?"Make of these questions what you like.
As for the DLC - either I've yet to receive one or I just need to reinstall CoH 2 for it to register properly.
I would post survey's screenshots but Surveymonkey only allows to go through it once.

Microsoft must be truly retarded. These guys shat on dawn of war, and they are giving them age of empires.

I wish this shit was not my kryptonite, I never finished this game.

Original war.

Earth series (Earth 2140, Earth 2150*3, Earth 2160). Long time since I played not entirely sure if story heavy, though there is a story.

depending on how old your laptop is Earth 2160 might be too demanding.

If they make a new game I hoe it won't be as shit as 2.

Any option for Vietnam?

Nope. Only 4 options for WW2 were African front, Pacific, back to Western European front or Eastern European. As for the timeframe, however, there was a mention of "modern warfare".

For the most part, I guess, but vanilla China is bullshit. They have everything and lack nothing. And I started noticing a pattern when Rise of the Reds players were complaining that Russia is OP in that mod, made by the same people.

I think the modders are commie sympathizers.

I like the new Age of Empires 2 DLCs
Am I autistic?

yes, you are
so am I

sauce on pic?

Seriously if Relic were not retarded they would have ended COH2 at the Battle of Kursk, then added in a North Africa Campaign and maybe Pacific.

There is one thing I dislike about Shockwave and it comes from specifically making maps. Cause of the new generals it's pretty much impossible to add in a lot of custom scripts to skirmish mode They got rid of the Civilian player ffs so making things like unmanned units, buildings that drain water levels and allow you to access new areas or even custom AI forces fighting it out in a city is impossible.

Imagine the retards at microsoft:

Well Microsoft gave Mechwarrior to PGI so they don't have the best track record. PGI sounds like GDI, who are a Global Kike Initiative, is that coincidence I wonder?

10/10
Would fire Archangels across the whole length of the map again.

I was playing Soulstorm today and man jetbikes are the most fun thing ever. Whoever decided to make a low cost, 1 supply, anti-infantry, decap point, small collision vehicle was a good idea was so right and yet so wrong.

Which versions did you play ? Some of the initial vesions of soulstorm have for example:
You could get up to 20 of these. And they are stronger than single squads.

I can only hope they nerfed a lot of stuff in some of the later versions.

A few years ago I played with some friends that insisted on some crappy mod (can't remember the name).
Had a bunch of new units and other crap they liked but as soon as I saw the increased suply cap (I think it was 20 times what you normally have) my first thought was "What's the stupidest thing you can make with this?"
So I took the DE and mass-spammed jetbikes.
For shits and giggles, really, it was annoying as fuck to them because I broke them down in 5 groups that had like 30 bikes each.
So a DE motorgang would speed through their base, shoot up the place and do pretty much nothing since they're not that strong and when they were down to 15-20 bikes, I'd move them out because that's the one thing they're good at: being fast as fuck.
Couple that with shouting "THE MIDNIGHT GANG RIDES" everytime one of the bike squads attacked made for a very fun game.
For me at least, lmao.

Dawm of MOBA is having a free weekend. Forget it existed to be honest

Retrospectively, AoE3 deserves a real shot. I played it a bit somewhat recently and it was actually pretty fun, and the experience told me the game was just too ambitious at the time.
The ESOC patches seem pretty terrible, though. They seem too responsive to what people think is good or bad, and that's bad philosophy as a general rule.
>This unit just now started being a problem for no reason at all! Nerf it.
>Oh fuck, now no one can use yet another unit for no reason at all! Buff it.
Rinse and repeat, the death-knell of complex RTS. Central planning don't real.

That card shit in aoe3 had no place there and should not be tolerated at all.

Do you have a favorite? Mine's the Malay

Is WC3 still worth getting for multiplayer?

Didn't mean to imply I've played them. I mostly just watch SotL and TheViper here and there.
But of all the new civs, I'd agree with you on the Malay. The fish trap gimmick (especially if you're on a map with tiny ponds by your base) and 2h sword trash spam are just too fun. 2h swords have of the coolest unit models in the game, and access to fully upped arbs, skirms, halbs and BBC lets you be pretty flexible in supporting it.

People still play AoE3? Competitively too?

WHO DRUCII!

Anyone want to play 1vs1 Supcom? I want to git gud. Currently 1k rating team, but struggling on 1vs1 because I still suck at scouting and reading my opponent (that has been a constant problem for me on any competitive game, not understanding my opponent's pattern and only focusing on myself).

Play against a Dom, if you lose you get spanked. If you win you get fucked in the ass.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of ESOC patch. Other than the fact no one plays on it; they don't improve the game much. Nerfing walls is annoying, considering they're hardly used on RE patch. At that point it just seems like the high level players are pushing their weight to get rid of any alternative playstyles. They've even started discussing nerfing fishing.

Plenty of people still play, you can always find a game. There's actually a tournament starting fairly soon, see vid related.

Speaking of soulstorm is there any slight modding that can be done to make the sisters of battle not suck complete ass?

For a side that is so goddamn micro-intensive there sure as shit isn't much payoff when most of the other races can ROFLstomp you without even trying.

DoWpro doesn't support campaign, Titanium wars is a shitty turtlefest and most other mods are unfinished.