Destiny 2 containment thread

Destiny 2 containment thread

I know you bought it, you know you bought it. Keep it in here. Its live in 'Straya and moving westward till murrca in 12ish hours.

Reminder:

Get ready for Halo Reach 3 gamegoys.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/AXlnf
archive.is/BuVpL
youtube.com/watch?v=W1rY-Bk_dNU
youtube.com/watch?v=IKxln7RyzJw
discord.gg/4Cc3rq3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that consolecucked journos are complaining that a non-dogshit framerate and proper controls make the pc version "too easy".

archive.fo/AXlnf

No one bought this garbage, the only "containment" needed is a high capacity sewage system to contain the huge pile of shit that is Destiny 2.

We went down this road last time. We were wrong.

Not even the most normal-tier friends I have kept playing the first one for more than a month.
I'm talking the autists that smuggled a PlayStation X/2/3 along on every school trip to play the latest shitty AAA game.

Is Destiny better than Fallout 4?

Dont tell Todd but there are few games that arent better.
You would be having an easier job to name games worse.
Fortnite. Andromeda. Thats about it.

Fuckers always find a reason to bitch for the wrong reasons. It blows my mind, how not playing in a shitty control and bad fps for the genre can be seen as a bad thing.

Bungie why don't you make a new Oni instead of shilling this shit game here?

I don't know, but I keep hearing people telling me that Destiny is just repetitive. How does it compare to FO4, which one has less substance?

Nothings worse than Polygon saying "buy Destiny 2 on PS4 EVEN THOUGH ITS HARD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN THE PS4 ON"

It has two buttons, eject and power, both turn it on, as does the PS home button on the controller. I know these are social studies drop outs who dont play games looking for an 'in' to 'real journalism' but fuck how do they turn a phone on?

Destiny is Halo Reach with Diablo loot. Fallout 4 is a single mod expanded to a full game, you cant even go to the mountains you see!

Because of Activision. Don't expect to see Oni or another Marathon until their contract with Activision is up.

But why are they even making the likes of destiny? If I wanted shit tier shootan and lootan I'd play Warframe instead, at least I can get an erection.

Rockstar games still has the publishing rights to Oni.

I dont give a fuck about Destiny but its nice if you to make a containment thread. This makes you smarter than the average poster here.

Bungo promised Activision that they could make an IP that would make a ton of money for 10 years. Bungo fucked up the development, released a half-made game with no story (D1) and rebooted it 3 years later and called it Destiny 2. They have to shit out a bunch of Destiny content for another 7 years.

It hits the US in 11 hours. We need to batten down the hatches to weather the storm. Just like we will for Pokemon Switch, Just like we will for wows next expansion reveal.

Though the illusion presented is paragons of anti mainstream vigilance every user has their 'pleb choice' game they buy and enjoy on the downlow. For some anons its call of duty, for others its Mass Effect, or The Sims or Assassins creed and so on.

It is not a proud need but one a certain ip shamefully satisfies.

I'm talking about you guy that still plays Minecraft every single day, yes you. Steve.

Meanwhile there's 6 sonic threads.

Some autism cannot be contained.

It's out?

Just went live in Nippon, where apparently it sold more on the PS4 than the Xbone has sold this year.

Welcome to the strangest timeline.

Seems like a literal cod reskin, bl2 offers more than this..

Why exactly is this worth looking forward to?

Because it has a story with borderlands humor! Surely, they've learn from their mistakes with the first game, even though the beta seems to imply otherwise.

Did you even play the first game?

May i remind you Le butt stomp 'sequel'

Pc masterrace here, seriously, tell me why this better than bl2.

that's not true, it's even more repetitive than that with awful gunplay, and has a shittier story because you got a guy like Randy Cuckford writting it

The original Destiny was Bungie's most ambitious and deep project since Marathon. The game's development was hinted at as early as 2009; But what launched in 2014 was nowhere near the initial vision of the team.
D1 got Marty fired, displaced most of the old guard, and gave suits from Activision free reign to cut up the game's content only a few months before release.
It's clear that making a deal with the devil ruined Destiny before it even had a chance.

I tried the beta on PC last week, and reviewers were treated to a Konami-Esque camp for their first impressions. The latter got to experience more of the game, but I got a good look at gunfeel and visuals from my time playing.
Everything else wasn't that great, Bungie is focusing on the PVP aspect too much: Gear drops are a nightmare for the "esports" market they want.

But I didn't. I didn't even buy the first one.

This, anyone who actually bought this or the first are massive retards attached to Bungie's malformed dick.

Almost as though the game is trash and you shouldn't waste your time on it.

Post yfw you didn't buy into the destiny jew

nice idea. Time for overwatch threads. But hey! they have "containment" on the title so it's ok!

More like Chris Pratt tier (((humor))).

Bingo.

But I didn't even buy the first game.
Is this suppose to appeal for retarded people or something?

Is this game actually worth it? I got it with my GTX 1080 and am wondering whether to redeem it or sell it off.

It's basically a more boring Halo. The optimization on console is really good though, don't know about PC.

Who's "you"?

sell it. all standard contrarian bitching aside, destiny 1 was an uninspired and boring loot grind that at best was entertaining in the same mindless way that call of duty can be entertaining, and at worst was a complete waste of your time. the sorcerer class was beyond useless (special ability was throwing a big grenade) vs. the unkillable Titans or the infuriating Hunters (can teleport around and insta-stab people, or get a golden gun that kills with one hit). the raids were a shitty, brainless exercise in "don't stand in the x and run really fast here or there". rep grinding was a thing, currency grinding was a thing, the pvp was trash (as that user said, it was a sub-par Halo) and encouraged WoW-style rep/"honor" grinding. the missions were almost exclusively all boring, shit-ass "defend the Dinklage-bot while he unlocks a door/hacks a computer/thinks really hard about something" and every single mission that i can recall off the top of my head had at least one portion like this where you're defending a static location for x minutes while waiting for something to happen.

to be completely fair visually it could be pretty exciting, whether you were on some weird-ass Tron-style cube forest or the moon or whatever, and riding around on your space-motorbike was fun too. as a no-taste shitbag i can honestly say that some of the loot was pretty cool (pic related let you fan-fire it cowboy style which makes my dick rock fucking hard) and it did have "hey that was pretty cool" moments, no matter how rare they may have been. destiny 2's beta was uninspired, FPS-by-numbers shit that didn't offer anything that other games haven't done a thousand times by now and done better. destiny may have been a big deal on console because there wasn't anything else like it aside from maybe borderlands, but now that it's on PC you can easily find something better, that doesn't require you to always be online, that doesn't require you to get on your knees and suck off two of the most kikeified companies in the history of vidya. tl;dr it's shit, sell it to a retard

No
Dubs

Now

Fuk u

I can look past Borderlands meme humor and find it enjoyable from time to time but its gunplay is garbage. Almost all of the guns feel and sound like shitty plastic dollar store toys and the movement is extremely floaty and unresponsive. Destiny 2 feels like it was made by someone who knows how to make at least decent shooter mechanics when compared to Memelands.

Hold on, it's out?
Haven't seen or heard my friends playing it, this might be a good thing

>Wanting (((CURRENT YEAR))) developers to make a sequel of an old game you liked

Do you faggots ever learn?

Somebody please give me some valid well constructed arguments against Destiny and Destiny 2. My dad is addicted to this shit despite it being mediocre at best. He loves the multiplayer and pre-ordered Destiny 2. He's good at bullshitting verbal arguements and I am not.

Who's numbers will be lower? Destiny 2 or this year's hate free COD?

Let your dad be happy and stop being the autistic little sperg he wish he never had.

Right in the truth.

I'm sorry user I'm sure your dad loves you

It's too late. I am already depressed.

archive.is/BuVpL

Why am I not surprised.

I wish Bungie never lost Gaylo, I want 3 ported to PC but now that will only happen in a parallel universe and on Windows 10

why do CURRENT YEAR devs do this

Why don't we play Warframe instead?

It's free.

Because normalfags eat this shit up. They're even defending this shit.

I jut want good vidya back
I miss good vidya
I miss when popular shit was still good.
Now everything thats popular is shit and something thats half decent happens once in a blue moon instead of thrice, music, movies, vidya, and comics, all shit.

Why must it be like this?

And anime too, least I forget

I'd rather not have more easily amused whales funding that game. The quicker the community dries up that faster they decide to maybe make some meaningful content.

Marketing. People are probably gonna say muh jews and shit but no, it is marketing. That's why anime sucks too. And also those who enable marketers.

Yeah, I'm sure it was marketing that made games into anti-white propaganda pieces.

They wouldn't have succumb to that if marketers did not infiltrate first.

Bring back an unlimited supply of "free money" given out by a central banking system with the aim of Bringing The Hard Times to force an economic shift and you'll get higher-quality anime again.

In my case both my dad and I have autism
>my mother is 1.60m tall

What the fuck is this?
Japanese Zeitgeist?

So to anyone who got this, why did you get it? I never played Destiny 1

Also, what ever happened to Destiny 1?

Wtf dude is this real?

I'm having trouble processing this.

Bungie is dead mate, I think the only grizzled veteran left is Jason Jones.

sounds like a cool guy

The only time I had fun in PvP was last march when they had the Iron Banner event that charged the supers every 30 sec.

It was cancer during the first 2 years.

I kinda enjoyed the 1st one, i got it cheap on ps3, but due to lack of funds couldn't get any of the DLC so I just played the crucible for about a year and got burned out.
Let me know if its any good ad I might just in on the PC one and play all the way through this time.

youtube.com/watch?v=W1rY-Bk_dNU

Kys

I'll just leave this here.

I'm not clicking that shit nigger

I would just like every one of you who supports this game in any sort of way to know that you are what is wrong with video games, you make vidya worse every day, and you are all miserable faggots that deserve to be raised on a pike from your sphincter and held there, sliding down the last spear that ever enters your asshole again.

And that goes double if you enjoy overwatch.

1337 double-dubs checked. Plebstiny 2 and overmeme faggots btfo

What am I looking at here? Am I retarded?

Never mind just read the article.

Holy shit those digits. Casuals eternally BTFO

when do i catch up with variks? i thought we were gonna be buddy buddy with a the fallen house and huff ether to as a light substitute in the beginning of the game.

That actually sounds great.

Plains of Eidolon releases this month. I know the general opinion about open world games, but I see PoE more like monster hunter than a usual open world, since you can go into this open area to do quests that you get into a hub city, and because they plan on having different open world "areas" (possibly in different planets. new hub cities then? ) in PoE is well received.
Don't want to shill for warfarm,but at least they are trying something different. I'm at least curious to see it.

The same excuse Monster Hunter cucks say when World finally have a proper second analog support and better control

Is it the same shit as last time where you can play literally everything the game has to offer in 10 hours and the only attempt at a sense of progression is making you replay the missions at higher difficulty to grind for better loot for no reason?

Like every game?

No, in every other game once you play all the missions you fuck off and find another game to play. But Destiny keeps trying to convince you that there's more play value to be had by replaying the levels as "Raids" when all that means is they jacked up the enemy health 5,000%, but they wave better gear rewards in your face to sweeten the deal. Only after wasting six hours of your life shooting at bullet sponges with people you don't even like who happen to also play the game, do you realize there's no point to having better gear since the only thing to do with it is play more of these same old missions disguised as new ones.

To elaborate on this, when I finished the first game, I didn't even realize it was over. There was some kind of celebration cutscene but to me it felt like a halfway point. Did they even cut to credits? I'm pretty sure it dumped you back on the navigation menu to choose the next mission, but the next mission just didn't exist. I remember pulling out my phone to google it and see if there was more and my game was just broken and not giving it to me. And all their pre-release marketing was talking about how the game basically never fucking ends and there's always new content to be had, when I plowed through 100% of it in a single day. Maybe they meant the fucking DLC.

What is

Monster Hunter is just weeb Destiny. Prove me wrong.
The whole point of the game is doing the same shit over and over to autistically craft better gear out of the monster parts, there is no real goal.

And MMOs are shit.

They did, don't forget they did the same to the first game. All the dlcs added a bit more of story to it.
But the worst were the nightfalls (souped up bullet sponges with debuffs and buffs applied to you and enemies, also waving exotic loot in your face) that were locked on dlc content but still showed on people with no dlc so they'd be forced to buy it otherwise they could not play the weekly missions.
Fuck you bungie.

Monster Hunter is a 3rd person action game while Destiny is First person shooter.

They're both pointless grindfests where you can cooperate with other players (but no actual communication) to take down enemies with way too much health in tedious battles for the sole purpose of improving your gear

WHO FUCKING BOUGHT THIS!?

Get Halo Online faggot, with its newest update releasing soon it's going to be 95% identical to Halo 3 but on PC (once you mod it to replace the shitty H5 armour)

it's great fun but seemingly nobody even knows it exists, everyone says they want H3 ported to PC but they've never heard of Halo Online even though it's indeed great fun (and better than Destiny could ever be)

I LOVE DESTINY

This, MonHun is shit and only for people with the 'tism. I have a feeling MonHun players would love Destiny.

youtube.com/watch?v=IKxln7RyzJw
forgot vid

They're probably right though. Turok 2 for example is pathetically easy with an actual framerate and view distance.

…who the fuck do you think does the marketing?

If you don't want it, I'll take it.

I've got a friend who absolutely loves Destiny. He's far away so we never get to hang out anymore. It'd be fun to co-op with him.

kys

This thread needed a good post. This one was lulzy.

MH player here.
Bungie shoulda stuck to makin Halo games and not this "Borderlands-but-space" FPS.

opinion discarded

The halo series generally didn't have the crosshairs in the middle of the screen

Your post made me buy a second copy. Collector's edition, of course.

Lmao delusional shill, nobody cares about your game to fill a thread, not to mention a whole board. Like all shilling threads about trash games, this won't go over ~100. Xcom2 is an other example: trash game, only shills talk, 100 replies. Titanfall 2 is an other example, they are not shilling it now though.
I'm writing this down for you boss shill: this shitty viral marketing doesn't work for uninteresting games. Stop paying those shills idiots.

Really? All the gameplay I've seen they just walk forward and shoot at you. Was Destiny 1 that bad?

Apparently you don't even have to kill the enemies to clear a level, just run by them.

You should off yourself if you want to play this, seriously here isn`t your place, there will be another thread about it once this stinker releases so lardjewlord please take care of it

but you said that when they were controlled by microsoft!

Most of the weapons feel like slowly plinking things to death. The only fun ones are the slow, harder hitting weapons like the handcannons. The levels look pretty neat at least.
There's a glitch where if you jump really high, summon your hoverbike thing and hold forward you end up flipping and rolling out of control.

Thread just got over 100 post :^)

Does anyone here actually LIKE Destiny?

WHY. Legitimate question, please articulate your reasons for doing so.

Because its fun

I think only niggers.

I know you're joking, but "fun" is not a reason.

Gotta have something to play on those 300 dollar, or however much they cost when this came out, paperweights.

There's a certain reptile brain satisfaction to it, I'll confess. It's helped mainly because the gunplay is actually decent.

Reminds me of leveling in WoW while watching a MST3K on my other monitor, actually.

Did you anons know that the Poptart promo was so popular that it crashed Poptart's code redemption servers? Normalfags love Destiny.

You don't play game to have fun?

Why is it fun? Explain.

Speaking of promos
>over 70 fucking grams of sugar 2 1/2 ounces
Can't wait for all the kids giving themselves diabetes over this

A regular can of cola has about 22-25 grams.

Drinking about 3 in a row can give you a stomachache. They're trying to make people sick of their game.

Because you get to kill lots of things

A regular can of Coke has so much sugar that your body's natural reaction upon ingesting it is to vomit, but you don't because it contains phosphoric acid, which acts as a vomit suppressant.

I have a can of soda every so often, but I generally feel sick afterward. Tea and water master race here.

What kind of Dr. Oz bullshit is this. I put far more sugar into my tea as I'm a goddamn hummingbird and the only thing spewing out of me afterwards is top quality C code.

I think one of the most telling things about Destiny/Destiny 2's quality is that their dewritos style tie-in is fucking Rockstar energy drink and Pop Tarts. Absolute bottom of the barrel shit, the least popular energy drink and a snack food that was originally meant as a breakfast pastry but fatasses eat them whenever.
It's like Frito Lay didn't want to dirty their brand with Destiny's reputation and they were stuck with this. Who would CHOOSE to partner with Rockstar and Pop Tarts? Nobody.

There are plenty of games where that's true, and by your logic Dynasty Warriors should be the most fun game in existance.

Let me make a theory, people don't actually like the game itself. They're either addicts or are using it to live out some dream. Autists aren't attracted to it because they're already doing that on their own terms, you will ALWAYS see normalfags attracted to shit like this and it's mainly a sign of the times.

The economic crash and the current economic system has fucked loads of people over, the only people you see playing this game are low income workers, not even kids play it.

The game is a skinnerbox designed to make the player feel good, but someone who's actually achieved something in a game, actually worked for it, is not fooled. These people want to be handed everything.

Which explains why so many blacks play it.
The joke is this game is LITERALLY WELFARE IN GAME FORM

Do you know what a gram is? By your logic you'd barf after eating 3 spoonfuls of sugar.

Just search for 'coke vomit sugar' and you'll find all about it, user.

With Coke, it's the amount of sugar ingested over a short period.

it is

Debunked by BUZZFEED. Jesus.

Getting deju vu from my extremely specific porn searches and no I am not searching that for sanity reasons.

Debunked by Kimber Stanhope, the nutritional biologist, REPORTED by buzzfeed.

Ah, apologies. Looks like the overwhelming sweetness is what causes vomiting; a byproduct of the excessive sugar amount.

So it's still partially correct.

Either way, carbonated anything is murder on your teeth; water or soda.

You seen that one where the chick shakes up a beer bottle and then puts it up her snatch?

user, I think you should take a nap.

You really are from one of those crazy people sites like natural news, aren't you?

Are you slow, user? Just do a goddamn search for why it's an ingredient in Coke.

Xcom and Titanfall 2 threads were here before you, summerfag.

I haven't bought any shit game that was infested by (((diversity))), were money grabbers or any other crap. Thankfully, they all tend to be miserable anyway, making not buying them easier.

Though i must admit that i bought this shit for the sake of my brother. He's a casual and even though i tried to talk it bad for him, he still won't stop playing it. I only lasted till lvl 12 and couldn't get myself playing it furthermore.

Don't forget, whatever they added to destiny 2 is nothing they couldn't have simply updated.

Because the sugar makes it addictive and stimulating but something that's just facemeltingly sweet wouldn't be a popular drink?

Bungie is near Seattle, user; of course the game would be infested by diversity.

It radiates outward from Seattle like a goddamn miasma does from a corpse in dorf fort.

someone didn't see this thread

Space Bane was cool, but used too little and was greatly underutilized for the role he was supposed to play. I also appreciated the PREY-esq sequence finding the land of my ancients or whatever the fuck I was doing.

Having played the first one extensively I am already bored 20 hours in. Oh, well.

how is the co-op?

Work just fine. No real bugs to report. I'm 266 right now and its hard as hell to rank up unless your doing Nightfalls or Public Events with the XP Medallion things.

Just wait for the raid, light cap on everything should go up once it releases. Anyone who's seriously trying to push hard past about 270 right now is only going to burn themselves out. Better to play what you want and dick around and explore, or level your other classes.

Is this game worth playing if you have no one to play with? Or are friends more or less required to deal with bullet-sponges?

1 definitely wasn't. I haven't started 2 yet but I'm betting not.

it's class based? I thought you can swap whatever weapon you want

It's an artificial wall. They've learned nothing from Destiny 1 apparently. I remember getting stuck forever at a certain light level in D1 because the game refused to give me better loot unless I play pvp, nightfall (unplayable alone) or raids.

No. Bungo said that Destiny 1 could be played alone but they lied. The only way to get better stuff is by doing activities that are team based and just to piss off the lone wolves there's no matchmaking.
I don't know if they've added matchmaking for every activity (campaign included) in D2.

user meant the player classes (hunter, titan and warlock).

My favourite part of the first game was the…atmosphere, and the lore behind it. Exploring the ruins of a human society that reached it's apex then disappeared.

Piecing together whatever fragments of history you could find to figure out what happened. What is the Traveller, and the Darkness?

Then a few months ago the (new) lead writer basically admitted "lol, we don't know shit, we're making it up as we go along", and killed my hype.

And the new trailers that focus on cheap laughs, Whedonesque witty banter and "lol BIG GUUUUUNS" buried that in a shallow grave.

Also the new loremaster is some fat SJW who preaches diversity. Yep, I'm out.

What's the differences between the 3 classes?

Jump ability
Melee ability
Grenade selection
Secondary ability
Super ability
And a passive shit that modifies all of those.

Also gear obviously, each class has a style of gear and then a single class item gear slot that is a class related item: hunters have cloaks, titans have tabard things around their waist, and warlocks have an armband that at the end game glows or has some sort of hologram on it.

You will be able to pirate it on PC eventually and play the single player, if that's all you wanna do.

thats a pretty good vid & describes the general state of AAA at the moment industry wide

I wish that cringeworthy kekistan meme ended.

It's made even worse by the apology. It's like guy fawkes masks being added to something, then removed because "they're racist" and the company offering a formal apology. These people are spineless memers.

I hope so I actually liked the single player of destiny, I mean I played it through 3 times and didn't get bored of it If its decent I might actually buy the game

Neo/pol/ and the alt right are cringy as fuck but Kek is a fucking WoW thing.

Someone should get this popular.

they never knew what they were doing and were always just making it up, what the fuck user? how are you this gullible?

In theory Hunter is DPS, Titan is the tank and Warlock is support. In practice it doesn't matter because of the feature creep.
Titans can pop shields, warlocks can pop heals and hunters have a non-retarded jump.

And a snack which is pretty delicious.

For anyone that cares, a handful of folks have made a Destiny Discord - anyone that plays, whether it's PC, PS4 or X-Box, is welcome to join.

>discord.gg/4Cc3rq3

We've about 66 or so folks, so it's moderately sized for being a couple days old. If you wanna' make some friends and do some Nightfalls, head on over.

It looks like they somehow managed to fuck up the game. According to that youtuber, you can't replay the campaign on a harder difficulty, you can't choose a strike mission (it's randomly chosen through matchmaking), you can't play a PVP mode that you like (it's a playlist so you're forced to play shitty gamemodes).

I hope those 66 players choke to death on the cock they slurpt daily

Fucking kill me.

Why not make this cyclical then?

welcome to the new generation of gamers

All my favorite songs
aren't even on the soundtrack.
The kronos quartet journey sucks compared to the pure vocal version.

Ok