store.go4retro.com/easyflash-3/
1541ultimate.net/content/index.php
c64preservation.com/
diskpreservation.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dark Side?
Elite?

Rouge?

I think Shadow of the Beast is for the Commodore too.

super mario 64

Impossible Mission and Turrican are alright.

I have an old Commodore 64c lying around but not that many games so I bought a c-tape adapter to load some games straight from the PC via the audio jack. I tried out Giana Sisters and it was alright but just don't waste your time trying to play it with a fucking joystick. It's just awful and I think that's the case with most games as well. You're better off either emulating the games or if you really need to buy the actual thing at least get some descent controller for it.

Space Taxi
Paradroid
They Stole a Million
Impossible Mission
International Karate +
Bounder

LAST FUCKIN NINJA SERIES

Why the fuck didn't you just grab a tape recorder to record .tap files to tapes instead?

C64 doesn't have good games. It's a novelty for kids whose parents didn't love them enough to buy them a Nintendo.

Why not flash usb/sd card reader using c64 expansion port?
c64-wiki.com/wiki/SD2IEC
store.go4retro.com/easyflash-3/
1541ultimate.net/content/index.php

The NES did have better games, but you're comparing two completely different machines. The Commodore 64 was a computer marketed to gamers while the NES was a gaming machine first and foremost. At least in the west. In the east it was marketed as more of a hybrid game console thar could also be a fully functional computer (c. Famicom BASIC and the Famicom keyboard)

Oh yeah, and VVVVVV, a more recent game, was backported to the C64 as well

Might as well just use an emulator

Turrican II baby
I dare you faggots to find a single better piece of C64 music than this one

You are comparing apples to oranges

not sure if retard or bait, but have a well earned (you) anyway

I don't see you posting anything better fagioli

Not sure why you'd take it as b8. I mean, you CAN use moderm peripherals for loading shit up, but you're missing out on part of the authentic experience. I'm just saying, if you're going that route you might as well straight up just use an emulator since that's the most convenient and flexible solution anyways

You are the one who is missing the point here, you get already authentic experience by running real C64 hooked up to CRT monitor, actually you get the best of the experience without 80's data storage drawbacks.

You have no idea how hard did even the IBM PC BBS maniacal software hoarders get hit by floppies going bad over long time, even when 5.25" disks had much longer life span than 3.5" ones.

I still have an authentic floppy disc of GEOS v1.1 from 1986 and it's still in perfect condition. I mean I'm pretty sure it still works but I don't have a floppy drive for my C64, just a tape drive

I do see your point though

disk sleeve looking good doesn't actually means its magnetic layer is in the same shape.
Usually box commercial software used better quality disks, I had pretty much all of the blank ones written by me go bad over time, welp.
c64preservation.com/
diskpreservation.com/

bump for old men running the world

jesus hadn't read those names in a while

Because I don't have any extra c-tapes lying around and if I just want to try out dozens of games really quickly and only play them once it's much easier to load them through the audio jack of my laptop or phone than to fiddle around with a recorder. I'm not even sure if I own a tape recorder anymore.

Well, first of all, it's cheaper to just buy a c-tape adapter and secondly I can buy one at my local store instead of ordering one online. I didn't really put too much thought into the whole thing, I just got an idea that "hey this might work" and wanted to try it out and to my surprise it actually worked.

It just werks.