Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1011498
world-series1.blogspot.com/………………………
archive.fo/ZzuyE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What album is this from? Sounds good.

So PC is getting monster hunter? When will it be out?

Are you ready for the best MH game ever?

I am not impressed.

gay

Good job, OP, the new thread's dead before it even began.

There's a whole album called Monster Hunter Swing which that comes from, and a second album called MONSTER HUNTER THE JAZZ that's pretty slick. You can find both on youtube.

no see, if they play a bad game it owns… people who want the game to not be bad?
I guess this is trolling in this era

WE WUZ HUNTARZ N SHIT

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY AKANTOR ROOMS I HAD TO GO THROUGH BEFORE I COULD FIND A GROUP THAT EVEN MADE IT PAST 5 MINUTES. The best part is that the only half decent player I encountered the whole time that wasn't double carting multiple times using brave or bushido was Spanish, he never spoke but he forgot to swap his cat for a nip one. Took me half an hour to solo an akantor with my crap gear, -15 fire res and defense 100~200 points weaker than average for post-game. Took nearly 2 hours to complete a single akantor quest online.
Average japs fucking suck at the game and the only reason jap servers seem to be better is because most americans are playing during off-peak hours when only foreigners pretending to be japs and 'hardcore' japanese players are on.

For a second I thought it was that one pic with the car smashing into the wall and then performing the trademark rathalos edge slide. Honestly, might as well name these threads 'bait and shitposting general' by this point.

Lol this is why you never play with other people unless they're your personal friends.

>you will never hold Barroth-chan mud-covered hands and whisper lovely things to what seems to be her ear

I might care more if the art you posted wasn't so shit.

IT'S MADE WITH LOVE, FOOL

Some time at a later date after MHW on PS4 and XBONE. From what ive seen I think the console versions come out in March. So PCfags may be getting MHW at least next summer.

WELCOME TO MONSTER HUNTER ONLINE.
Please leave your hopes of a decent squad at door to the Guild hall.
You'll find a fresh variety of shitter from every corner of the world guaranteed with Italians, Mexicans, German, French, Japanese, British and the odd Russian YOU'LL ALWAYS FIND THOSE CLASSY CART-N-QUITTTERS AND THOSE TRIPLE SHITTERS.
So stow that disappointment and grab a metric shitton of combines for pots because we gonna solo all up in this bitch.
WE WAS HUNTAHS
muh OC

We have had monhun on PC for 10 years And they both region locked mmos one has a subscription fee but they will still ban you for being outside of moonville and the other is a garbage tencent Chinese only mmo

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

I've downloaded both MonHun 4U and MonHun XX (with english patch).
Which should I play through?

4u is pretty good. XX is not.

What are the reasons you think XX is worse?

X and XX introduce styles and arts and while they are goofy on their own, they bloat the monster HP to needlessly high amounts so that, in order to end a hunt in any timely manner, you NEED to use the arts to take chunks off of the monster's HP.

That's actually a brilliant way to root out faggots.

The funny thing about the last quote is that it's actually attributable to some nerd named xxShadowxx or something like that on some forum from like 2003. The descartes version is a joke.

4U made a lot of weird changes away from the main series, but the core game is essentially the same, barring ridiculously sloped areas which mess with the gameflow, such as in the ancient steppe and both versions of the hollow. Note slopes more than ledges, though ledges are also quite annoying once you start fighting any of the stronger monsters solo.
Gens/(Double) Cross is like playing a gen 1-3 game with 'hilarious' cheats on. Except for that monsters have their health (and for some of the older monsters which didn't appear in gen 4: their tracking abilities) balanced around you being able to use said cheats. Cheats which lose their novelty very quickly as all cheats do, leaving you with a tedious game that lost everything that made the main series fun.
In other words it's completey inadvisable to play any version of MHX unless you've already played most of the other entries in the series and want to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

I'm gonna take a gamble and make a wish with Monkey's Paw and ask Switch will get a western release of Monster Hunter of some kind. Whether it be a watered down port of Worlds or (((localized))) XX.

If Capcom can make World run on potatoes then a Switch port is not out of the question. MonHun5 could end up using World's engine and be a compromise between open world and classic MonHun.

After the Wii U bombed I doubt Capcom wants to touch the switch.

Yeah, sure, after we get DMC5, Megaman legends and street fighter game that doesn't get rereleased a dozen times. This is our future now. Accept it before the grief becomes too much to bear.
Localised double cross for the switch is a reasonable expectation though I guess, however since all the dialogue will be recycled from gens even if noa somehow manages to become anything other than horribly incompetent the translation will still be worse than not being able to read anything at all.

why

Current sales of Switch would disagree. Besides I'm itching for a MonHun to look like the mock-up oil paintings of dinosaurs you used to see in text books. Not so photorealistic (and for Switch lower poly count) but slightly brighter colors with hand-painted textures make the environment and characters pop. The mudshit textures 3DS used is an insult. And I'm sure even a PS2, old Xbox, and Gamecube is just as capeable to render this style in the room-based design. And Switch could at least with good design be as open as World (just with lower poly and render distance of certain background objects).

Hopping the uncanney valley by making the visuals less real in other words.
Bonus is the girls will look more 2D than 3D which makes them hot.

casualfags

What did they change?

You don't need 10 points to get a skill. It works on a tier system now so if you get at least one point a skill functions on it's lowest tier

The quote is from someone else, a forum poster like said, i have the image with his actual name in my folder but i can't find it right now, you fuckers believing it's an actual quote always crack me up.
Also, lolbutthurt

Forgot to add, that's not even Descartes in the picture, it's fucking Voltaire.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire

Isn't that the joke? I thought he posted it ironically.

while the image it's self is ironic, the phrase holds water due to the dumbasses going "lol buttblasted nintenkid" when viable complaints about World are made, and then these shills and actual dumbasses come flooding out of the woodwork, trying to blame it on "lol nintendkids" when most of the people here are on the pc.

It is, but most people who post it don't fully get it. That image has layers of irony, no, that image is an outright onion. That's why it is so funny.
Sure, he can say that, i would say that to save my ass if i were him.

And that's why it such an effective image and people still post it to this day, as i said.

Peoples still play XX and even advertise it in the OP so I dont know what you are getting at?

MH3G/U was the last good Monster Hunter game. The franchise died with 4th gen. World is just the rusty shit encrusted nail in the coffin.

This is the shit that scares me way more than any gameplay aspect the hideous looking female faces and that they keep putting out this hideous black woman. Also that they seem to be trying to hide all the bikini armour and stuff. When a game goes from attractive women to ugly women it always comes with the game just going to shit and I don't know why.

So XX is gonna be the last mobile game and its confirmed for shit? So is MH4U the last good one?

Is there much point to playing P3rd if I've already played 3U? I'm trying to decide which MH to play next, and I haven't played anything earlier than 3U yet so I was considering either FU or P3rd.

It seems to me that it's mostly the German language trailers and footage that show off the sheboon and kang hunters. I've only seen either of them used prominently once outside of German stuff. But, the white female hunter looks fairly ugly too, and the male doesn't look good either. This is mostly minor though, I'm not too worried about the demo player models looking ugly, especially considering that they've claimed the character creator has more detailed customization than before.

3DS is getting pretty damn close to end of life, the switch is a hybrid abomination and I'm not sure if it even counts as a mobile handheld, and the vita is the vita. Maybe there will be something new on the switch someday if the XX port does well enough, but that's a big maybe and several years down the road before we would even know. From what I've heard, Capcom's disappointed with its sales so far, despite it topping the charts for the switch and tripling the console's sales.

Is monster hunter playable on the 3ds emulator yet? I wanna start playing again but I'm sick of playing on the fucking 3ds and i want a proper controller.

Just fucking kill me

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1011498

found the qoute

3U was shit. 4U is much better.

According to the official citra site no.

world-series1.blogspot.com/………………………

Some rathalos gameplay. The dudes went straight for it instead of fighting G.jagras or Anjanath. The fight looks pretty fun tbh.

There better be a way to turn off those obnoxious control prompts, damage numbers and that stupid NPC who wont shut up.

P3rd is good. I'd say it's worth a play for the comfy town alone. If you don't want something as close to 3U then FU would fit that better, it also has more content. The downside is that FU suffers from some things like bad hitboxes.

There is, in the options, if i recall well.

You could play without any HUD if you wanted to. Although not being able to see your health or items is a bit worrying.

That's the point, it requires memory and calculation.

here we go

I saw someone playing "without the hud", he still couldn't do jack shit without his character being blotted out by fuckhuge button prompts.

What's the point of doing fucking anything if your character is just a big "PRESS L2"?

I guess that kind of makes up for being able to move around
please no
Please god no

the only thing that could feasibly balance it out is the idea that wearing a clownsuit would give you minimal skills, while a full suit would make you able to maximize the skills that specific armor specializes in.

Still, this game is gonna be fucking trash if there isn't some shit to balance out mantles, shut up the yammering whore, get rid of "PRESS THIS BUTTON" always being on the screen.

Of course it isn't going to be balanced out. Look at styles and arts. This looks to be them but even worse

guh, that "balancing" was "bloat the everliving fuck out of the monster's HP"

And that was supposed to be B team and this…. thing is supposed to be A team… I really fucking doubt it is.

Quick question:
Should I get a PS4 to play MHW (along with the good exclusives it has), or should I try and build my own PC and wait for the later PC release date to play MHW?
I've always been kind of a console gamer, and my current PC is pretty trash, so I haven't played too much on computer.
But I feel like getting all the things I'd need to play it decently on PC would make it cost a little bit more than PS4. Plus, I get the feeling all the Nips and a majority of Americans will be playing on PS4 while PC will have mostly Russians and South Americans, so I think I'd feel more comfortable with the PS4 community.
I'm a bit torn. I know PC would be a better investment in the long run, but there's just something drawing me to PS4.

PC will let you yar har before ever thinking about buying, but you also don't need to worry about additional payments for online services.

The PC version will probably have Debongo, so you'll have to wait a bit for it to get cracked first.

QR code in OP is outdated, it's for .com (404) instead of .gq. Not sure if FBI can read this one, or if the ticket number is still correct. But I'll tell you once I'm finished installing.

Upgrade your PC.

ye, but I always live my the philosophy of waiting anyway.

Oh boy, someone else started a thread, maybe I can get some fresh images to throw in my MonHun fol-
Welp.

I own a PS4 and I still haven't found any exclusives, the only thing I've gotten for it so far is the port of SRW V.

It's PS4 exclusive here, so yeah, you won't see Japs playing PC. Unless something changes drastically though, I won't be playing it at all, and I don't know any MonHun fans here who will be either. It simply isn't Monster Hunter. My personal recommendation - get your computer good enough to run PPSSPP and settle with Portable 2nd G/3rd for now, and then when Nintendo or Sony inevitably release the next real handhelds that will get the real Monster Hunter 5, go for those.

ticket number is still correct, but not sure if FBI can read it yet

Thanks, I'll add this to my folder for future OP threads

I would say get Shadow of the Beast (download only) and the digimon games if you want some RPGs.

Never played them myself, but I'm pretty sure the Digimon titles are all also Vita ports anyway, so that'd probably be the better way to go if I were to check them out. As for Shadow of the Beast, I tend to just emulate older stuff on the computer, and if it's download only that's a pass, the only game system I even have connected to the Internet to begin with is my 3DS because of CFW/FreeShop.

I thought it was going to be cross platform? They were going on and on about how everyone will be able to play together hence why they called it World.

archive.fo/ZzuyE
Never mind it has no cross platform, I bet this is Sony's fault they have a fetish of rejecting cross platform multiplayer.

XX installed correctly and ran on my 3ds from the link in that QR code. I still haven't tested if FBI can read it though.

Hopefully Microshit will force Capcom to have cross platform between the xbone and PC so at least two of them are linked.

It would be practically required to keep online active between the two. Well at least PC might have enough to keep activity going for a while but xbone would be fucked

I've gained a much deeper appreciation for SA's massive vertical range on pretty much every attack. Being able to smack a flying Rath out of the sky was nice. Being able to hit a monster's tail was nice, too.

Would that even matter? MHW on the xbone is almost guaranteed to be a flop. I'm sure it'd be nice for the 10 or so people who buy it on xbone to be able to play with more people online, but crossplay with xbone won't matter to anyone else.

Yeah I don't see the xbone's community being very active or lasting that long, The PS4 version will be fine for awhile as it comes out at the same time but once the PC version comes out I suspect it's player base will see a large drop not only due to better performance but free online. God I hope it doesn't have denuvo.

The SnS is godly when it comes to status effects, if you just want raw power go for DS which online seem to be a very underappreciated weapon, you can also give the Charge blade a shot it's pretty much just an upgraded SnS with longer range.

Don't give me that shit user. Although thats not a proper MonHun game that still looks like a damn fun battle non the less. The mechanics and graphics look pretty damn solid, the AI is surprisingly good and didn't fucking freeze up this time and the guy plays good. The only thing bad about it is that the verticallity got me all fucked up.
And i like how the Rathalos no longer flies STRAIGHT up and down out of areas anymore like a damn helicopter

When it works.

Capcom obviously didn't give a shit then, considering XX did come out on the Switch.

I'm not seeing it.

The monster spends like half the fight locked down in paralysis, and there's an infinite use bow powerup, so I'm going to say no on the mechanics. As for graphics, it still has that glowy shit and all the stupid popup shit, so it definitely looks graphically worse than previous titles too.

Because it's recycled and is just the same Rioleus AI as always

This time.

Who cares?

I was going to write an honest response talking about the animations and models, discussing the damage scaling, knockback and puny hitboxes, the constant wrangler chatter and tips that I would have thought were a funny joke about excessive handholding were it not that I knew this was real footage, but then I realised capcom has already brainwashed you. It's too late user, it's terminal. I'm sorry.

They better fix that by release or the MH community will tear capcoms ass in half.

Nigger are you blind or just plain biased? That glowly shit has been there since mhfu and especially with some weapons in mh4u.

Was that supposed to be an argument? MH is known for having recycled AI.

I fucking abhor people who ask that question, its obvious I care when i mentioned it. Just for saying that and bringing up the shittiest arguments you should fucking kill yourself.

Please tell me what you were going to say, I genuinely like discussing the game with you guys as long as you arent unbearable like

I dislike this weapon, it's not for me. It feels like a mix of SnS and SA but without the things I like from either and a bunch of extra shit added that makes the weapon feel less fun to me. Plain old axe weapon without any transformation gimmicks or random shit tacked on when? SA focuses mainly on the sword, and CB uses the axe for the phial burst and little else then goes right back to sword mode. And now World is butchering SA's axe mode and buffing sword mode even more, which is a huge disappointment.

fuck off back to reddit reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :^)
I think World looks like it might be fun, I have some small amount of hope for it. It's almost definitely going to be bad compared to the other MH games, and might even be worse than XX, but even the worst MH game I've played is still a good, extremely fun game. Maybe it's just because of how far the industry has fallen, but it's one of the only games in development that looks like it'll be fun and that I'm interested in. I hate what they did to SA, and I dislike a lot of the other weapon changes, but a few of the weapons look more fun. Bow, Gunlance, and maybe Hammer all look good - they're weapons I enjoy using and their new stuff all seems like improvements to make the weapons that don't appear to heavily change what made the weapons fun, and instead add to or play off of that.

But were you hoping for a western release? :^)

Why would you even want a western release of XX after the bastardization X got?

MH to me died at mh4u. MHW to me is just a spinoff just like XX at this point. By itself MHW looks like something straight out of my wet dreams. Considering that its something radically different and a bit interesting new takes on the series I may enjoy it just fine. Some signs in that game indeed shown how much shittier the vidya industry has fallen, including the female kang shit, but I care more about gameplay and thats the only thing that is not making me drop the game entirely. I liked what they did with most of the weapons including SA. The forced jump after the charging attack with the SnS is fucking criminal though, it should be a separate attack all together and not something forced into a combo and as an avid SnS user, I weep for what capcom did to her.

March 2018 feels like forever from now. I cant wait for this shitshow to come out so I can personally have a blast wallowing in it.

The magic glowing bugs that tell you where to go has definitely not been in the series before.

You're trying to use the AI as a defense for World when it's not anything special - the recycled stuff works, but the AI they're making new for World so far has been consistently awful. Context, son.

Fair enough, allow me to rephrase then - why do you care? That has nothing to do with gameplay.

No.

yet you're fine with mantels? They're massively overpowered

That's a thing I noticed about World; some of the changes they made to weapons are forced and unneeded changes to existing, popular combos that could potentially ruin the flow the weapon had. With SnS, it's forcing one of my favorite repositioning moves, which has traditionally also given it a tonne of super-armor which the weapon otherwise lacks, to be a shitty mounting attack. SA has something stupid like that done it it too, normally after the forward lunge attack in axe mode, you could follow it up with either an overhead chop, a side chop, or morph to sword mode. The side chop is complete garbage so you'd basically never do that and instead would always use the overhead chop, but World completely removed the option of using that so now you're forced to use the crappy side chop if you want to continue the normal axe combo. From what I've heard, GL was also changed to always do the slam after that high reaching scoop attack, and can't thrust after it like it used to be able to if done at the start of a combo instead of the end. That removes a little bit of utility, though personally, I never had much use for that. Usually, when a weapon changes, it's just adding new options to it - not removing the existing options to make room for something different.

Can I at least turn off the fucking button prompts and context windows in Monster Hunter World? The only things I want is health/stamina, item pouch, and mini map I can turn on or off any time.

Also PC version will have Denuvo like every big game coming out. Even fucking Sonic Mania has it.

I only main SnS but all my outfits were based on what the party wanted and what was weak against the monster. If they wanted me to do Paralyze it, Poision it, use explosives, fire, water etc any element I had a outfit for it and a diffrent weapon. Then there were a few sets I personally liked like high attack or whatever worked really well for my best charm sets. But yeah thats how it worked. It really is a set building class. If I went solo I would have solo sets and there was probably something specific I needed to have so there was probably 1 set I had to accomplish it in a way. A bit harder but you can have a good amount of DPS. I think my fav sets were a standard set but more shaped as a party healer. Many occasions I see someone get KO and their body flies in mid air, I manage to use a fairdust or whatever to gain them health since you can use items unseathed with SNS and prevent a cart. In some cases that would have been our 3rd cart but I prevented it. I did attack less but that was mainly cause I was drinking potions that would heal everyone else so they can be a bit more reckless and attack the monster more while the can worry about dodging attacks and do more damage while not wasting time healing.

That rathalos hunt video shown me that they actually make sense due to the ridiculous amount of verticality in some maps, making them more maze like instead of a bunch of arenas. Just going in a general direction wont cut it anymore apparently. I would only use them if i get THAT lost in a map.

Tbh how monsters go to sleep directly in front of players and how putting on a cloak mantle right in from of them makes you invisible is pretty shit AI design. Monsters tend to stand around pointlessly for a few seconds previously in the franchise, I have been playing mh3u recently and i seen that its not any different there. Is capcom going to fix it once the game comes out to stop appealing to those shitty journalists? Maybe.

Presentation. I think that may be the wrong word The way the creatures would take off before by running to one point in the map and taking off like a helicopter was retarded and nonsensical, why would you defend that? MHW made the rathalos just take off and fly at the spot, thats a huge improvement in terms of presentation. Still may be the wrong word

The only mantle i like is the gliding mantle, the rest of em are fucking cancer and ruins the gameplay.

(checked)
Thats another part of world that I hate. They practically ruined one of my fav weapons.

There's no restriction on server meaning gaijin can play with nips

Can they even be turned off? They seem too integrated with the game as a whole to be removable.

In the middle of a fight? The only instance that comes to mind is Furufuru when it starts getting very low on health and seems to be considering retreating.

I'm not seeing what effect on the actual game that's having though, near as I can tell it's a purely cosmetic difference you're talking about.

I haven't seen the video, but if the Rathalos can fly away to another location form any point in an area then that would put to rest the common tactic of setting a trap, bombs or having a lv3 GS charge in the monster's path as it limps away to its flying away spot. This could very well add some unpredictability.

Please don't post that .webm ever again.

What is this, the Dark Souls community?
Y'all are acting like a ton of flaming faggots. Sorry you can't feed your nostalgia like with (((mhfu))) but here's a thought: play that game and fuck off. It will never be the same. You will never love this series as much as you did with your first game, it never happens like that.
But guess what? It's too late. You're trapped. You will buy every MH game and fall in love with it. Your addiction is so bad you cry like little shitheads when the CrapCommies don't release a
FUCKING EXPANSION PACK FOR ANOTHER FIFTY MOTHER FUCKING DOLLARS
in your language. Fuck off with that "#MHXXForTheWest" bullshit.

Here's a thought. If you're gonna keep playing this franchise, stop whining that
ooh my sword is too shiny, the monster looks weird, why don't they listen to me and my game design opinions, I'm obviously a professional video game designer here's my portfolio
OR GO PLAY DAUNTLESS, FAGGOT

I often hear people talk about "recalling" them, so AFAIK it seems like you'll be able to turn them on/off. Don't quote me on this. I can't say that I like them very much regardless.

YES, all the time. Khezu most notably has this thing where he stands still and yawns and flies away when he's at low enough health to capture. It's a very long animation, and he (In MHFU at least) will re-do the animation if you flinch him, so I've actually managed to chain him to death like this. Most monsters though, instead have an animation that they can do multiple times in the middle of a battle that isn't necessarily an attack and doesn't explicitly target any player. Like how Tigrex, for example, will stay still for a moment before idly chomping at the air twice, and then continuing to stand there another second before getting back into the fights.

Yeah, that's what he meant when he said "presentation". It's mostly cosmetic but I think it's a very welcome addition because it looks much nicer than having them suddenly shoot up vertically.

Were you around when Generations was released? Or XX? Some people here hated both of them. Some people here still hate both of them. Reactions to them were in general better than World has seen so far, and quite a few people liked them and thought they were fun, but the general consensus here seems to be (and for a long time, has been) that although they're fun (or maybe not fun), they're not good MH games are are the lowpoint of the series.
but doing exactly that is a long-held Holla Forums tradition
My first MH is my least favorite, and probably one of the worst in the series.
Did you get lost on your way to reddit or twitter? Next to no one here bothers with that. I've seen, maybe, one or two people at most complain about it not being localized per thread, and the majority here have already played the Japanese version of XX. And I'm sure a very, very large chunk of them played it for free, because of the extreme ease of piracy on 3DS.

I think that's something that automatically happens when combat starts. I'm not sure whether or not you can manually do it.

Point being peoples that hated it, still playing it thus "secretly" love the game that they hate. It's in the fucking OP for fuck sake.

You can play or enjoy something without loving it. You can play and potentially enjoy something without liking it, or maybe even while hating it. Enjoying something and loving something are two entirely different things.

I guess Nintendo running out of money to pay Capcom for MH exclusivity.

The fuck are you trying to pull here? So you enjoy being a cuck? is that what you're trying to say?

What did you expect. Switch's selling like lawbreakers.

there's a lot of demand, just no stock.

Kikongo*
Get it right, user.

It's not that, it's that when it flies up, it's not going straight vertical.

I figured that was supposed to be them "regaining stamina" in a sense, since they generally don't do things like that when enraged which in Tigarex's case is most of the fight really

I mean, I guess it does look nicer? It just doesn't really matter at all to the game, and certainly isn't enough to make World worth buying.

I think what he's trying to say is that you can enjoy parts of something and hate it for what it does wrong. Case in point, I love 4G for the most part, but the Extreme monsters at the endgame are the stupidest thing. XX has things I like, like vid related, which allow me to enjoy it, but the things it does wrong make me have a low opinion of it overall.

There are things I like about X/XX and things I hate about them. I like styles but I fucking hate hunter arts and the bloated HP on hypers. Overall I had fun playing both but they have some serious flaws. World looks to have even more flaws than X/XX. I'll know when I get a demo whether it's worth pirating or not.

I like the styles as a concept? the execution is beyond horrible with 1 "best" style and the rest range from passable to flat useless

So all these complaints about World are utterly pointless because you're gonna "enjoy" it regardless of its flaws

When the fuck did I say that faggot? I said I want a demo so I can see how bad it is. Also, I said that the flaws in world look worse than the flaws in X/XX. Learn to fucking read.

I know styles are unbalanced but I like the concept of them. They obviously need work, if they ever come back.

I'd like to see styles return but with some actually effort put into them, I want arts to go the way of underwater combat though.

If you can enjoy a game with serious flaws, you can enjoy anything

>Brave dodge only triggers if you get hit just after releasing Y so you actually have to time it
Bam, 90% of the (mechanical) problems in XX fixed actually that would probably only be about like 30% of the (mechanical) problems but it's a start

False equivalence, XX still was a lot more like Monster Hunter than World looks to be. Either way, not likely to be playing the latter in my case - World is PS4 exclusive here, so it won't be piratable for some time in all likelihood, and I'm very conscious of the effect my spending has on the industry, and I don't intend to support the design decisions behind World in the least.

okay ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not really, XX is more like Monster Hunter than World looks to be.

Looks like monster hunter to me

It looks fucking casual as fuck.

God I hate those fireflies they're so fucking big, obnoxious and take up half the screen, do they honestly think western players are so stupid we don't know how to use paintballs?
Also speaking of the armour skill change I didn't see any armour with negative skills, plus it looks like you can upgrade Charms possibly upgrading their skill levels, couple that with the fact we know decorations will be in the game it will probably end up like God Eater were at end game you have over 20 skills active.

like XX?

Even way more casual.

Or even psychoserum, Psychic, waving at the hot air balloon etc.

sure

except MHX/gen/XX are considered the worst in the series bar none. And world looks to be an easy victory for the title of "worst monster hunter" or better known as the "capcom forgot what made their games fun" cup

Yeah, its a monster hunter game, that's what I said

except no one's arguing that it isn't a monster hunter game. They're arguing that it's casual garbage worse than XX

where does he say it isn't monster hunter. Saying it's a poor excuse for one doesn't mean it's not one.
Reading comprehension is an important skill on image boards

Okay, World is a monster hunter game, I got it, thank you

I never fucking said it wasn't Monster Hunter. You kept putting those fucking words in my mouth.

Take your cuckchan tier arguing and fuck off.

Yeah, Monster Hunter World is a MONSTER HUNTER game. Surely you can enjoy it even with its flaws like XX

How fucked is monster hunter stories localization wise? Does anyone here know who is translating it since capcom apparently isn't going to. If it's treehouse translating then into the trash it goes, just trying to be sure it isn't them.

False. GS has good speedrun times and a wooping one(1) good damage art, that still pales in comparison to every single other damage art for other weapons, and is only used by people using striker style.

Aren't most hunter arts completely shit DPS wise, save for a few? I remember spinning meteor motion values being worse than 2 A+X+X or X+X+X combos and taking slightly less time than the combos.

Most weapons have at least one good art. DB has one increasing damage by 20% and elemental damage by 100% iirc, lance has one increasing damage for 30% for a longass time, SnS has the the oil trouble one giving you a gazilion affinity. Generally, if a weapon has good arts, it'll perform really well, but look at the average kill times for speedruns:
1. Lance = 256.25
2. SA = 269.3
3. DB = 275.5
4. Bow = 288.65
5. HBG = 288.95
6. GS = 295.1
7. IG = 299.42
8. LS = 300
9. CB = 309
10. SnS = 312.6
11. LBG = 318.05
12. Hammer = 328.75
13. Prowler = 340.06
14. GL = 387.53
15. HH = 411.29

As you can see, even without any good damage arts, GS only scores a minute less than all the other top tiers, and even then, the difference between the highest damaging weapon and the lowest damaging one is barely two minutos, so to say that "HURR YOU NEED ARTS OR YOU'RE DEAD MEAT" is retarded.
The HP values are higher overall because you can get way more damage than ever before with skills, and because the average end-game raw is now 330, instead of something like 280 in 4U.
Another common misconception comes from the fact that 4U's kiranico doesn't show the true health values for monsters, just the base, usually

Note that these are for generations since XX's isn't out yet. For XX you'd probably see LS and HBG on top, and SA should drop a spot or two.

the fuck are you talking about, GS has 2 good damage arts.
Lion's maw or whatever it got Translated to is a 100% damage boost on a hit, and both of it's super charged slashes/counters do metric assloads.

I think most of the added DPS comes from being able to completely ignore any skill that doesn't directly increase damage output because of absolute evades/adept/brave, and the crit stack meta letting you effectively get close to 1.4x average DPS. Also for some weapons, eg bow, brave and/adept provide much faster or more efficient ways to deal damage, weapon raw is inflated compared to past games, and sharpness+1/2 are piss easy to get.

You made it a bit too easy for me to know you don't know what are you talking about.

He says as he tries to justify that arts aren't required in spite of having no times without said arts.
Guys he's right gen/XX is actually the best game ever and I for one am looking forward to the best game in the series Monster Hunter World. Happy hunting! We should all buy 3 copies because ignoring the horrible flaws means the game is actually perfect and you're entitled!

The projection is real.

what you just expect me to believe that your "everyone is wrong but me" approach to be anything but you being retarded?

Are you trying to appeal to a majority in an anonymous imageboard?

So Diablo looks like Monster Hunter to you?

The Western players they're targeting with World, like vid related, absolutely are.

Nope.

Every localization is fucked by definition. Luckily, Stories is a steaming pile of shit to begin with, so you should skip it anyway.

I'm playing the demo for this and it has me scratching my head.

How do I tell if a monster is going to use a certain attack, the first time fighting it? Is there a tell? Do I just guess until I get it right and then spam that one until I win?

For people who've played the full game: does it get more advanced or is it just rock/paper/scissors all the way through?

Are there other weapons other than the greatsword in the full game? Do they have my favourite pleb weapons like Longsword and Chargeblade? I think I've heard that there aren't any ranged weapons.

I really do love the idea of somehow getting a (Stygian) Zinogre, Rajang or Seregios as my bro, but the battle system is kind of turning me off. I've heard people saying it's "better than Pokemon" (but how can it be with its' battles like R/P/S?) but all it does it make me want to play Pokemon instead.

Elaborate.

You know how people oversimplify Pokemon's element-exploitation based gameplay as rock-paper-scissors? Stories' combat system is literally that - every turn you pick a power attack, a speed attack, or a skill attack, and depending on which you pick vs. what the enemy picks you inflict and receive more or less damage.

Non-physical attacks don't have the RPS system and it uses the same elemental system as Monster Hunter. I'm not a big fan of the RPS system either but once you get a hang of how the monsters behave (R. Ludroth uses a tech attack after using a water attack for example) it's pretty straight forward. If anything the worst part is when you put a speed monster in and it keeps doing anything but speed while the enemy keeps getting advantage over you, which can be mitigated by ordering your monster to use a skill at the cost of bond points.
The gene system seems pretty neat though, you can basically transfer skills from one monster to another so you can have a lightning ball spewing Tigrex and other crazy shit.

Admittedly I didn't get far enough for the genetics system to come into play, and that does sound entertaining. That said, the core gameplay turned me off hard enough that I really don't want to touch it ever again.

That's fine then, I understand where you're coming from.

What can I say, certainly seems to think that that's all there is to a game being Monster Hunter.

Very nice, name of song?

It's a cover of one of Erik Satie's Gymnopedies.

Thanks man

I've noticed something while watching a GL video for World. First of all, shots appear to be in between 4U and XX's damage. The GL used in the demo is Normal shot Lv3, which in 4U did 18 flat damage per hit, and in XX 14. In the World videos, it's doing 16 damage. But, that's not a big deal. The big thing is, shot damage appears to now be effected by sharpness. While the hunter is at green sharpness, shots are doing 16 damage per hit, and the Wyrmstake's final explosion is doing 41. Once the hunter drops to yellow sharpness, shots decrease to only 11 damage, and the Wyrmstake's final hit drops to 29. This is a drop to about 70% damage, rounded down to the next whole number, when compared to green, which is about what yellow would be in previous games with the Low Sharpness Modifier.
Also, bounced hits also seem to do no damage at all.

Anyone just wanna kill shit in LR?
I'm still really rusty at the moment but I'm improving.

If you post a room people will probably (maybe) join.

Wait forgot to mention I'm playing MHXX. Damn. Anyways I'll make a room when my neck doesn't feel so stiff, with a passcode.

Okay, room made it is named v and passcode is 1235. The game in question is MHXX. I'll be doing LR quests to get to HR, then probably some armor.

Wow I'm a dumbass I didn't post the ID. 58-3299-9175-1490. My mind was on other things, my mistake.

ill help you out m8

Fuck I need to update it, Idk what happens if i update a game normally without freeshop. CFW anons would it be fine for me to update mhxx on an american 3ds that way?

Download the latest 1.2 MHXX update off of 3dsiso.com. FBI also works as it can install updates via .cia. This might work as well.

Is freeshop not showing the update? In the version of freeshop I'm on you need to uninstall older updates to a game in order to install the newest one. I'm not sure why. If the update's not showing up for you, you could try that. The English patch has also changed its update method recently, and if you're using that, the version you have probably won't work with the newest version of MHXX. You'll need to figure out how to update that, too.

Yo Delmond were you kicked again?

What happened?

High quality nip based servers happened. Also, it's 'Helmold' on my other char.

Is it not fine to do this? Because I do this all the time.

I fucking hate this enemy, it's the worst possible they've ever made by far. I don't even want to do this because I dislike this monster so much.

I checked, it wasnt there.

I found an update with an english patch, but Idk how I should get the eng patch to work??

I avoid eshop like the plauge, because going on there disables all of your DLC.

Nibelsnarf?
Alright dude, I think maybe you're just angry because you can't beat it. Nibelsnarf is kind of dumb but it's fairly straightforward.

It should be. Last resort is to delete the game and redownload it. You'll be on the latest version.

I fought it multiple times in MH P3rd and hated it in LR and then I'm not sure if I fought it in HR at all. What's a good strike zone on it?

Use an aptonoth, they have an attack (unlocked at level 10 or so) you can select which tells you the target's preferred move.
How does the game run on new 3ds?

okay screw this. I'm going to play something else, this fucking monster is trash.

Everywhere? I guess the side of his head and behind him is fairly safe as long as you watch the 'gills'. Reaching flinch threshold on his arms while he's upright causes him to expose his uvula, and placing bombs in his path while he's charging with his mouth open causes him to eat the bombs. After eating a bomb he'll be staggered upright in the sand, approach him and press a to trigger a fishing segment which will pull him out of the sand and throw him on his back for a while. I mean aside from one weird attack in g-rank where he sort of does some brachydios-tier realignment bite that isn't really that strong you can pretty much just hit him without thinking much since all his attacks have so much wind-up.

Well since I've got XX open does anyone want to play?
38-2209-5488-4695

Most of his attacks seem to counter the GS pretty easily. The wind up for the gills is noticeable but mid-swing I can't get out of the way at least not quick enough. I wasn't aware I got use barrel bombs like that at least. I'll try it eventually

Yes. As far as i know they add elements to the mix, you can turn your diablos into fire element or your rajang into dragon element and stuff. You can also instruct your monster to do status attacks and stuff without losing the turn.
Nigger you can buy a SnS from the merchant.

Well if you still want to play I'm around, with my g-rank character I could probaly kill one before encountering any conncetion issues. I'm starting to think it might just be me though, I've never had issues like this before even on jap servers but I noticed the thread failed to update and my room I was hosting myself crashed at the same time.
Trying one more time:
34-4413-8366-7031

Okay worth a shot. I'll practice on him later, I wouldn't mind getting HR quickly.

Joining now, I'll be disappearing at random in the next half hour for a pizza delivery, but after I eat I should be able to keep going if you lot still are

Good hunts, post again in the future and I'll be sure to join.

I'd like to hear this from you guys:
Let's pretend that there's going to be a new weapon in MH and since long range has only 3 type for it, it has to be long tange. How would you do it? Would you stright up use guns and rifles or try to go with something more medieval? Bowguns and bows were all they had at the time.

How about a mixture of ranged and melee; versatility in exchange for power?

Because honestly I can't think of anything else that the game doesn't cover unless it's like… crossbows. Maybe something like a machine crossbow, that allows you to move and attack, but is the weakest out of the ranged guns?

Yeah that's the problem. Everything's i basically covered by bowguns. I was thinking of going the same way of dual blades and have like dual "handgun" so more focused on mobility and status/elements, but a shitty attack power. Unfortunately since you'd have to change their look they would end up look just like small bowguns. But again we have god knows how many blade variations, and the LS was once just a different skin for GS.

The shitter levels would be off the scale for this weapon and theres the fact capcom can't balance GL or a fucking See-saw.

Pic related would make a pretty cool HBG design as its a giant Nail launching crossbow.

I know that feeling all to well, I use to store all my wii u save data on an external my save file had around 800+ or so hours until it somehow became corrupted and I lost everything.

In that case i think something like a boomerang would be cool? Half of its attacks could be closer and weaker while the stronger charged attacks go farther. Its appearance could be one giant boomerang or 2 medium sized boomerang for each hand. Its not too advanced and its perfectly nonsensical for MH.

Otherwise a kusarigama would work out fine too, except I guess there would be no charging and would be a melee weapon with an extra long reach.

I'm slowly playing through the demo now and my biggest concern is that the combat system won't get any more complex than it already is, which is a thing that has killed my interest in previous games. Like Project X Zone had me hoping something might change if I kept playing, but it never did and it felt like I was playing the same game at the start that I was playing 20 hours in.

I can say that it adds "yellow" skills, which doesn't belong to to the triangle, but they're mostly healing/buffs/debuffs and I assume status. And monsters apparently get skills that belong to to the triangle, like Velocidrome learns Swift Strike, which is a blue/speed attack.

Still, the RPS triangle is also turning me off. I couldn't even finish the demo after hatching the Aptonoth. I'm still considering downloading the game and forging through just to see if it gets better, but currently I'm not motivated.

There's already a boomerang item, and
Felynes use them as weapons in MHX if I recall correctly. Kinda wish I'd gotten on the MHX wagon. I'm banned from online. One day I'll do the workaround I guess.

Nioh is fun as hell. Can't wait to get back into game when the DLC releases.

Maybe it should be a mega boomerang then.
And i cant afford the new nioh dlcs, fml

I managed to snag the game and the season pass (so all the DLC) during a sale on PSN for around 50$.

I'd say the DLC isn't worth it alone, see if you can wait for a sale of them at least.

A giant boomerang actually was one of the things they were planning to make back when they thought X would be getting a new weapon. Even had some concept art made up.

that's a concept art? looks like shit drawn by 12 years old on deviantart complete with "lolso funney" reaction

The point is to get across the concept of the weapon, not to be good art. You can also see some of the early concept of the Great Maccao on that. Originally he was planned to be like a boxer, and to have large, hard fists like boxing gloves he could use to bounce away weapons. Apparently they had planned to make him have some special interactions with the boomerang, where he could knock it away in flight. When the weapon was scrapped, they decided to scrap the design they had for the Maccao, and changed his concept from regular boxing to kickboxing. One of the new monsters in World, Kula Ya Ku, seems to revisit the original Maccao idea. Instead of a hard shell on his fists, he uses a large rock to deflect shots and bounce away weapons.

That how concept art is made, you make a quick sketch to get the basic idea on paper then go from there.

It sounds cool, but once thrown, you've kind of got nothing to do until it comes back.

Yian Garuga or Ceanataur armor?
Speaking of I wanna kill some other monsters before going HR if anyone wants to join me, also going for ores and the likes.
room is 48-6362-5083-2383 passcode 1111

And all the mortal kombat fatalities are designed using stick figures.

Doesn't Frontier have it's own weapon? why hasn't that been added to the main games yet?

Probably because Frontier is made in China.

Try looking up a few videos of Frontier's tonfa in use and you'll quickly see why they haven't been added to the main series.

From what I understand, those big gauntlets were part of the weapon too. The concept art shows the hunter boxing with the wyvern after his boomerang was knocked away.

Meanwhile in World.
This shit's dumb, the poor monsters can't fight the Tonfa because of the verticality, now the baguette stick can do it too.

I'd take that over some boomerang weapon any day, I want to punch a monster to death.

They could tone down tonfas/use fist weapons. Have it be like dual blades but with blunt/stun damage. Problem is that it can't reach high and delivers much less stun per hit than hunting horn or hammer.

Add a shitload of explosions to this and give it fade slashes and a guard combined with DB tier mobility and attack speed on the ground, and then you have tonfas. To be fair, IG already has a great deal of mobility on the ground, and with Red extract it attacks very fast, so it's already closer to DBs in speed than most people realize. To me it's always felt like it's halfway between SnS and LS.

I'm downloading MHXX since I didn't get to play X.

I'm just hoping I don't get banned because I just recently unbanned myself (I got hit by the last banwave). I turned off sending information to Nintendo (don't know why I had it on in the first place) as well as setting myself to always offline in my friendslist. I don't know if that much will help if I want to play online.

that looks fucking awesome

This is likely why you got banned. I don't think I've heard of a single person getting banned for playing XX online, which is surprising, because you'd think a person in the West downloading and playing a Japan exclusive game on region-locked American or European hardware would set off some flags. Never underestimate Nintendo, because they'll always surprise you by going even lower than you expected.

New weapons always need to have multiple things going on now. Switch Axe could have been just an axe and had the phial be toggled on for bonus effects and extra moves at the cost of sharpness instead of transforming, but nope, it's an axe that transforms into a sword that explodes. Charge Blade could have been a bulky SnS that charges up energy then puts it into the shield to do special attacks, but nope, it's a sword that transforms into an axe that explodes. It could have also been fine as just an axe that built up a charge it can then load up and discharge in a special attack, if they made axe mode's normal attacks actually useful or fun instead of only the discharge mattering. Give me a weapon that's just an axe, fucking hell, why do they all need to transform and explode Insect Glaive could have just had the bug and extracts to power up the staff, that was a great system that made it feel very unique, instead of having the pole vaulting JE SUIS MONTE shit tacked on.

Start over. I need someone to do port quests with.

I remember it being brought up 10 threads back.
It's a complete bastard of a weapon and should never be in any MH game ever again.

The HtH weapon along with obvious high mobility could also give players karate skills? So they go bruce lee/mike tyson on monsters?? Since it is with your hands and feet which are blunt objects, it would be the fastest weapon in the game to deliver KO damage. With that weapon you could knock the fuck out of a dragon with your bare hands, or even perhaps drop kick em too if you feel like it. That weapon would be pretty fucking wicked if you ask me.

What I meant by that was that the hand-to-hand weapon they had planned was mixed with a boomerang, not that it needed to have something extra tacked on. I'd love a plain gauntlet weapon, it doesn't need any crazy power fist or god hand shit, or to have a big boomerang, something fast like DBs with a different moveset and a focus on impact damage would have been great. X's SnS + Stamina Oil had great KO potential and showed off how fun a fast Impact weapon could have been. They could even incorporate a toned down version of the shoryugeki as part of its moveset. But instead they wanted to make it the backup for a boomerang because they can't think of any way to make a weapon that only has one gimmick or no gimmicks at all fun and that's not crazy enough.
I want to kill a wyvern, make a matching pair of gloves out of its head and its tail, and then use them to punch its friends skulls in so I can do the same to them.

I am so rusty it's not even funny. I even forgot how the longsword, a simple ass weapon, plays.

For as much as people complain about MHW and how it's fucking up the franchise, I don't think MHF gets nearly enough shit for being so completely un-MonHun in so many distinctly awful ways.

the game with the shitty aquatic combat and the utter joke of a flagship monster?

Or did you mean Lagiacrus in Tri? Because Lagi was a complete pushover on land, and not much harder underwater. And underwater combat was extremely fun. The main issue it had was a shitty control scheme on 3DS. Other than that, the only major problem I think it had was a lack of variety, because there were only two regular maps with underwater sections. I wish World would have brought back underwater combat, getting to play it with good camera controls, a better FoV, and a less cramped screen would have been amazing. And it would have fit in great with the open map thing they're going for. Wildspire Wastes has water and mud up to the hunter's waste, every time I see all the water in that huge muddy swamp section, I think of how much better World could be with underwater combat. Preferably not actually in Wildspire because fuck having Flooded Forest 3.0 with even less visibility

With how old Frontier is it'd be beating a dead horse. There's also no one defending Frontier, and for good reason. Hell, considering how shitty it is and that you have to pay upkeep fees on top of the cost of the software, I'd be honestly surprised if anyone here has played Frontier very much at all.

That is some WEAK SCREENCAPTURE

LET'S PLAY MONSTER HUNTER, I'M NOT THE OP BUT I'M A SLIGHTLY GOOD PLAYER WHO ONLY SEEMS TO FIND FRENCH "Je suis monte" FALL-OFF-AFTER FUCKS

I enjoyed it but it was definitely faulty as fuck

As always, post a room first and yell at people to stop shitposting and play second.

IS THAT A FUCKING FRENCH ANIME INTRO

I'm guess you'd rather play 4U?

Huh?
All I said was post a room if you want to play doesn't really matter which game it's in, people will probably join that otherwise mightn't be bothered to if you just sort of vaguely suggest playing. I probably wouldn't right now though, but there's a reasonable chance somebody will join if you start by posting a room and ask people to join after you've already made one.
Incidentally it might be in your favor to take note that IDs are a thing on v. I'm sure you could've collated at least some of your posts together.

Looks pretty cuhrayzee.

What if if had a mid range to it, having a lot of focus on close range but an enhanced/demon mode actually let them stretch out for a longer range?

I dunno, how a mid range attack with that would pull off, preferable it doesnt need any, since weapons like DB and SnS just rely on CQC and I dont see any reason why gauntlets would need any.

Maybe the hunter can HADOUKEN and do pure elemental damage or some shit. Maybe theres a gun or a boomerang attached to the gauntlet. How about a running dropkick? The stretch glove seems like kind of a stretch I dunno.

How about this?
It would both reward skilled players plus give an institutive to constantly be attacking.

This is basically just the tonfas as they already exist but slightly less broken and slightly more like DBs. Giving more weapons small GP like how brave LS got one is nice though.

In terms of creating something new mechanically for a ranged weapon, a weapon that stays in place like the boomerang mentioned before has potential. However I can't think of anyway to make it work without becoming a primarily melee focused weapon.
Either way what does come to mind is that holding the boomerang causes the hunter to move fairly slowly, just barely above walk speed, upon launching the boomerang the hunter becomes much faster and gets access to a severely gimped hand to hand move set ala throwing rebellion in DMC. While the boomerag is out it stays in place and deals pretty significant damage continously upon making contact with the monster, but it doesn't stay out forever (or very long at all probably), this is where the cqc moveset comes into play, each individual attack is fairly weak, not quite as bad as relying on normal 1 shots, but certainly not a primary source of damage, however each attack has a unique kind of movement to it, items can be used without 'sheathing' and a type of running action either like brave HBG or brave DBs would be enabled. This is important as interacting with the boomerang by attacking it while it's out would cause it to reset it's return timer by different amounts depending on the move and cause it to change position depending on the move used as well.
It's still kind of boring, but lining up small punches to keep the boomerang spinning whil connecting the punches with the monster, sprinting through the map and throwing out a slide kick to get the boomerang to reach a higher hotbox, or going for a relatively powerful drop kick that leaves you vulnerable and sends the boomerang flying is definitely not a moveset that would overlap with any of the existing weapons, while still mainting elements of a 'ranged' weapon since you still need a certain level of precision to keep the boomerang on target for the big damage.
In a sense it would be a bit like a reverse jump stick, sending the boomerang out for big damage and attacking for support, instead of attacking for big damage and sending the bug out for support and support.

Heck maybe even both types of unsheathed running would work, B type run for slide kick or running jab(oppercut?), R type run for drop kick/haymaker.
Incidentally, the specification of it being a 'Gunner' class weapon (not that that will mean anything anymore though…) would help balance it as a weapon that can potentially deal quite a lot of damage safely by just relying on the boomerang's spins at roughly crit range for a regular gunner weapon, as the risk for entering melee range to keep it spinning over a small location is comparatively much higher. Hopefully this would encourage a playstyle more about moving the boomerang in and out over the monster instead of just playing melee with a beyblade next to you.
Maybe rather than 'staying in place' it has a sort of slow return arc, melee attacks of course sending it out again (harder to time the further away it is from you when it returns due to building speed?) but at certain distances catching and re-throwing the boomerang would be to your advantage. On the other hand, it staying in place means players would be rewarded better for stuff like landing a drop kick on the monster and sending the boomerang out in the path of it's next attack, but maybe that might work even better with an arcing return path. Frankly as an idea I've just come up with now that exists only in my head it would need a lot of playtesting to get more specific than what I've been blathering on about.

As it attacks it could build up energy like most of the other weapons with gauges, or similarly to CB's phials, and then unleash this for elemental or raw bursts. Or they could have a GL-style mechanism inside, one or two shots in each fist, each fired separately. During combos, you could fire a very short range shot instead of (or at the end of) a regular attack. Depending on the shot type you might be knocked back or have a longer recovery period, some would probably work like GL and do a fixed amount of damage (maybe with a bonus to part breaking), others might do a percentage of raw as flat damage with a longer recovery to make up for potentially higher DPH compared to the other one, then another could do a large amount of the weapon's element/status. Some could even be wildcat stuff, like having a large amount of poison or para on an elemental weapon, or just a big extra burst of exhaust/KO. Reloading would take a while longer than GL due to having two things to load, and because the weapons have much less mass than GL there's way more kick and you can't keep up the combo, so your shots aren't as much of a focus; they're used as a finisher, while GL uses them to keep a combo going.

So the boomerang spins in place? Why not something like a spinning top instead? That might make more sense than a projectile staying stationary in the air. It could potentially even have some kind of collapsing/expanding mechanism like some batons have, so that it could be set to be either high or low to target different areas. Higher would obviously be less stable and have a much shorter timer, to make up for its ability to hit heads/bellies more easily.

This is also a hell of a lot like Tonfas, but I suppose a fast attack type with a store and burst mechanic would fit a niche that doesn't exist, however, for the other ideas, are you sure you want to make the GL and hammer even more obsolete than they already are? As for a fast two handed weapon that builds up phials to inflict status or elemental damage in a burst you're basically just reskinning the DBs as an elemental damager, though considering the amount of similarity in a lot of the middling speed melee weapons that's not really such an issue. However being able to build up for a status or ko burst can potentially be a big issue due to how poison and exhaust are so significantly affected by their thresholds (poison damage inflicted while poison is in effect being wasted and exhaust damage on a monster in rage or which is already exhausted isn't always as useful) and of course being able to reliable put a ton of ko damage on a monsters head all in one go (looking at you CB). Addtionally wanting to time paras and potentially even sleeps to trigger exactly when you want them means a lot of balancing would need to be done to make it so that status on any of the existing (melee) weapons wouldn't be made obsolete by this one existing. This could end up causing a kneejerk reaction though and have this weapon's status burst being nerfed to the point where it's absolutely useless, like exhaust SA.
I can't say my idea is exactly perfect, (I'm not even sure if it's even good for that matter) but what's important about making a new weapon is about having it fit a particular niche and not end up just being 'cool' and 'new'. The insect glaive (although being very overpowered due to motion values in 4 AND attracting every single retard in france to it) had a niche in taking advantage of long reach attacks, vertical motion and very good linear movement (b moves/back+b, forwad vault/back vault) which it's competitors; long sword (great lateral movement with fade slashes, especially with fade slash follow up from gen 4, also easier to aim attacks) and DBs (easily cancellable attacks, good forward and lateral movement, easy to aim attacks but shorter reach) didn't have. It's kind of questionable as to whether the initally introduced Charge Blade actually filled a particular niche since it had a little of everything, standard rolling with sidestepping after certain attacks, shorter ranged and longer ranged attacks that aren't partiuclarly precise, guard points, KO/Exhaust damage and a moveset that was 50% slow sns and 50% axe mode switch axe. It kind of seems more like a revamped switch axe that strayed too far from the initial design and became a weapon on it's own, still perhaps I'm being hypocritical saying that Insect Glaive is ok just because it has good linear movement, since every weapon has linear movement to some degree. I'd add that gens/cross did at lesat one good thing by balancing out the Charge Blade (at least in striker/guild) to be more about a heavy weapon with guard points, instead of just being charge-> gp->burst, since I've definitely enjoyed playing charge blade in X games. Still, I feel that a buffed switch axe axe mode with evasion skills to replace the GPs would practically be the same thing, since, unlike lance couner with it's almost immediate retaliation, GPs for the charge blade are more a matter of avoiding damagethan continuing a combo.
[Cont]

[Cont]
The idea presented in here with a fast attack rate weapon that rewards players for not getting hit is proabably a better fit for a niche that doesn't really exist. After reading it again it really isn't so bad as the tonfa at alls, but as an inversion of the DBs (being excessively aggressive with DBs grants boosts, being cautiously agressive with gauntlets/boots grants boosts) you'd have to consider how that would affect the playstyle for the weapon, but more importantly how would the moveset? What stops it from being a pair of reskinned DBs with a that you have to play footsies with the monster for 5 minutes before getting to blow the shit out of it for 2?
As for a personal complaint about this weapon getting punished for taking any damage at all when MH's hitboxes are still only 'ok' at best would be pretty annoying. The amount of hitboxes that come out like 5 frames too early or 5 frames too late for the monster's animations (made even worse by the varying monster sizes) makes really high precision play over a normal quest (i.e. not a 2~5 minute T.A) potentially very fucking tedious, you don't want to be putting royal-guard with beowulf into monster hunter if you're going to be playing the game normally.

Considering the other kind of stuff that monster hunter does, a boomerang staying in positionfor a short while wouldn't be hard to animate insuch a way that it isn't hard to suspend your disbelief. There were even a couple of characters in the Sengoku Basara series also by capcom which had projectiles weapons spinning in place for a little bit without it looking too stupid. I don't really see how a telescoping dreidel would be much better, but I do see what you're saying. Either way I reconsidered my stance on completely stationary here anyway:

a moves and back+a

Goddammit, this is my first time playing a game with just a UI translation. I feel really unmotivated to keep playing because I can't understand what people are saying.

I know I should be playing for the gameplay and hunting but I can't help feeling this way.

Monster Hunter doesn't have a plot, you're not missing out on anything.

A museum doesn't have a plot, doesn't mean you don't want to know more about what you're looking at.
He really should just learn japanese though owing to monster hunter having kinda bad translations for nearly a decade and X being absolutely irredeemable, but you're being a huge fag. I bet you only play the game for 'muh grinding' and only ever solo stuff after you've beaten them with help and got the 'best' gear.
Heck, I bet you don't even like the ecology videos.

I don't play online, nice projection though.

Slightly redeemed, but you wouldn't believe how many people I meet in person that actually think monster hunter is just lazy grinding. I hope you can at least somewhat read japanese and aren't just skipping through all the written content, flavour text and NPC ministories are one of the more entertaining parts of video games.

I understand that there's no plot but I still like to understand what's going on. I guess I like having context. I thought I'd be able to be comfortable since Monster Hunter is light on plot but apparently that's not the case.

It also doesn't help that the weapon I left the Longsword for in 4U isn't the same anymore. I feel like the added Charge Blade in 4U, implemented it near perfectly (they just needed to nerf the ultraburst I believe), but then they decided it wasn't good enough and decided to "tweak" it. So that's a bit annoying to me. I like playing Bushido Longsword though.

This, Japanese is basically required knowledge for video games.

Charge Axe was actually added in vanilla 4, no one liked it, so they buffed the shit out of it for 4G/U, realized they went too far because (from what I hear, don't use the weapon myself) it was too versatile and did the job of too many other weapons, and then toned it back down for X.

Try striker, it may take some getting used to but the red shield affect increases all axe mode attacks by a 1.2 multiplier, you also get a charging slash gp which is novel. If you want to play a more 4U like experience bushi is a decent way to go, though th bushi guard isn't as easy as regular gps, and super fullburst has been nerfed a bit too much, to the point that it's practically a punishment for not pulling back and doing a regular burst. I liked the chargeblade in 4 but I found that it really just boiled down to charge->gp->fullburst counter so it's nice to see it's whole moveset getting more use

Is there a list of moveset changes from Gen to XX from someone who isn't (((gaijin hunter))), if there are even any? Also, is it okay to hit the head with a Hunting Horn yet?

The weapon or the item? If the former, that's what you should be doing to begin with, since you can inflict KOs.

He's referring to the nerf HH's KO damage got in X/G. It made it pretty low on the totem pole for head space in a group of 4 hunters.

Ah, never really played the weapon myself, so can't say then, I just know that when hunting with others who use it they've managed to inflict KOs reasonably consistently. No idea on the nitty gritty numbers though.

It's still bottom tier, horn is just shit in this installment compared to basically any other weapon except GL they're on the same level of complete ass

Someone post the edit of this comic but it's "DID SOMEONE JUST SAY HIT THE HEAD WITH THE HUNTING HORN? 'CAUSE I THINK I JUST HEARD SOMEONE SAY HIT THE HEAD WITH THE HUNTING HORN" or w/e

I loved doing that. Pulling off the GP and then the burst was just so rewarding. It doesn't feel the same way in XX.

Random hunts when?
Well I got them, if anyone would like to join me at least. Room code is 10-9350-2813-9336 passcode 2222.

Oh right, totally forgot about that forced meme guess the guy who kept pushing it has moved on to defending World

Is XX even worth bothering with if I already have Generations?

Other way around, since XX is the one with added content, like G Rank.

Is it GOOD added content? I actually paid for Generations and then kind of forgot about it so I'll feel dumb just skipping over it in favor of a pirated game with an english fan patch.

Official MHXX Head Priority Rankings (for KO only):
Threadly reminder: Hunting Horn is legs only.

There was more than one person pushing it. I remember at least two other people, and myself. Also, just for the record, I hate world already and I think it looks like it's going to be the worst game in the series, probably even worse than Generations was. But, I am trying to remain optimistic that it might at the very least be a fun game, even if it's the worst MH game, because I have nothing else to look forward to.

XX's added content was much better than anything from Generations. XX added some actually fun deviants; Bloodlust and Hazewing were both good and very fun, Divinesight and Shredclaw were great, but Frostpeak was a bore and Azurebolt was complete garbage. This is a lot better than what Generations had, where maybe 2 were good, and the rest were complete shit. XX's other new monsters, Valfalk and Atlal-Ka, are both great and extremely fun fights, and probably the highpoint of the game. You can also import a Gen save to X and then that save to XX if you feel like it, instead of needing to start over.
Do you plan on playing any of the guild stuff, or just village? XX's village questline is shit and only adds one good thing (Valfalk's HR fight) so don't bother if village is all you'll do. All of the new deviants, and the other new monster, are G-rank exclusive, and will be a chore to solo.

not at all, Gen and XX are both the worst games in the series and XX only makes the style/art system worse by adding more shit to it (brave being incredibly broken and alchemy being actually useless).

It's hard to say since it sounds like you didn't even play the base game, so we can't even judge based on how you liked it. I will say if you play it at all, play XX instead since it has everything the base game has plus more, and while it's far from my favorite entry in the series, I do like some things XX did - G Rank Lagiakrus is a really fun fight, and Atral Ka is probably my favorite "giant setpiece" fight in the franchise.

How so? I soloed it all and didn't find it too bad.

Doing the key quest to get to g2, gonna keep going after that if anyone wants to join.

52-6049-1443-0366

What happened to that room posted? It wasn't that long ago that I saw it, cold feet?

I didn't know anything about Palicoes/Prowler in MHXX

I suppose if you're going on a gathering spree, it's best to go Prowler mode?

Same user, I got called into work so I had to dc. Deleted the post to avoid confusion.

For a boomerang weapon i think a gimmick like from greaves from league of legends is probably a good idea, you throw the weapon at the enemy and enters a weak hand to hand mode, if the weapons hits the monster it bounces off in your general direction and you have to intercept it and hit with a kick before it hits the ground, the will send the boomerand in the direction your camera is facing (maybe with some vertical auto aim to track flying monsters better or a crosshair or something) with bonus damage, the damage keeps going up everything you rebounce the weapon but it flies further from you with each consecutive hit or bounces faster or something, if the boomerang hits the ground or miss the monster if falls and you have to pick it up and that takes as much time as if you're harvesting something, if instead of hitting it back you just stay below the boomerang when it falls (or maybe hit it with a punch) you get it back automatically, be it to reset the speed in casa you think you will mess the next one, or to use it as a melee weapon or whatever.
Maybe it sound easy as fuck, but when you have a rathalos flying all around the place, only someone that really knows what he is doing will be able to actually be effective with it.
also, giving the hand to hand mode a stupid damage like 1 dmg per hit or something will set up some glorious challenges for the players

mods, delete all my posts.

I was probably the guy hosting rooms. I'd wait ten minutes and no one would show up, so I'd just go solo hunting.

Anyone wanna hunt?

NOT IN MY ROOM.
I really hated HH in Gen as those HUGE song messages kept blocking my crosshairs at the most inconvenient times.
I still punt Nyanta players in Gen, even if MHXX gets translated i'll keep my room cat free

Is it time to start forcing ">hitting the head with HH" again?

So I want to build a Prowler now.

I've heard the boomerang focused ones are the best ones (pierce boomerang, large boomerang)

Plus it needs the skills like Attack Up L right? Can I get it to learn skills from other palicoes or must they all be on one palico?

just because RIOT games managed to think about a good gimmick once doesn't mean your idea is bad, it's just another case of a broken clock being right two times per day.

Don't forget to partner up with a lancer to make a matching set.

So i've been playing Monhun XX on the Switch for about a week now and between this and MHW on PS4/PC there is no chance we are seeing another 3DS game. You can't go back from the switch version and the muh graffix crowd has world on the way too. There is no reason why they will ever go back at this point.

Except for when World bombs and they need to come crawling back to their audience who generally plays on handhelds.

user pls, i am not that interested in it than i am other spin offs like Metal Gear Survive but its the first PC release and the sonyfags their first game since the PSP. Its going to sell.

and the butthurt from the people who think 'its a nintendo series' or 'they owe nintendo, 3ds made the game what it is' is going to be hilarious and a little sad.

Has nothing to do with companies - regardless if it was the PS2, the Wii, or the PC, MonHun has always done better on the handhelds than on the homebound systems. It's not going to make nearly the numbers they've gotten used to, and certainly not the numbers they're aiming for.

Some further research suggests to me that Boomerang Prowlers have been nerfed.

Is there a guide to building a powerful MHXX Prowler? I just want one for hunting + gathering at the same time.

Finished the demo for MHS and enjoyed it, but the game is definitely shallow. They make up for it with a huge world and, from what I understand, giving you lots of shit to collect in the form of egg fragments and fusing monster essences and shit later on.. but combat eats up a lot of time and it's not always exciting.

On an O3DS the combat load times also feel very, very slow.

Anyone wanna hunt with me?

Post room, I might join, not sure

69-3208-1400-9601 passcode is 1111

I was looking at porn and got distracted. Didn't know if you were still around, I'll toss one back up.

You don't really have a lot of patience do you?

41-7471-2397-0714 passcode is 2222

It's up.

Still don't see anything. I'm assuming since you didn't specify you're on 4U but just to clarify which game are you actually playing?

MHXX

ded. i need too much shit.

You done for tonight?

I made some OC. I hate that most of the west's MHW info needs to go through this obvious shill. **

Why does information need to go through some foreign guy? Just read it for yourself, you have the Internet.

Because he was given an interview with two of the developers where he got information no one else had. He also seems to have had more hands-on time with the game at gamescom than anyone else (he got to play it at least 14 times, possibly more) and therefore has a greater amount of information from it than anyone else, and also for some reason almost no one else is bothering to write up any of the information they found playing it.

Honestly, unless we have literal transcripts of what the developers actually said in Japanese, I'm not counting anything as reliable information. I'll trust shit that shows up in, say, Famitsu or Dengeki, but some random white dude? No way.

Anyone wanna hunt?

On the Wii U? Yes.

where?

Literally who?

Any hunts?

New thread