long overdue edition

pasta pastebin.com/3EhPVhar

new update never ever

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/LcnqrppQ
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Aren't they overhauling the inventory system or something? I remember the GEG mod was supposed to wait for the update before releasing but obviously it came out anyway so we may be waiting a while.

Anyone have the files to fix the game crashing when I re-enter the capital city?

Should I play Jagged Alliance first?

HLA is confirmed for getting updated?

I might have to reinstall.

It adds so many guns that it would crash multiple times when trying to load them all at once in the cheat shop when the mod was in beta. It was awesome

Does… does it have automatic shotguns?

Yes.

Same.

What is this and are there cheats.

How does this game compare to JA2 1.13 ?

Excellent.

It's the ridiculous, vodka fueled, slav-coded sequel that game deserved.

So far I prefer jagged alliance 2, but it's the game I'm used to so that's to be expected. Everything from the map to the inventory system is much more intuitive in JA2. That, and handling a whole squad gives a lot more options tactically than just controlling one dude.

Also am I wrong in assuming there's only one type of body armor in this game? What the fuck is that shit about? Also my autism got triggered when I killed those thugs trying to kill mister sister at the start of the game and It somehow counted as friendly fire kills.

I'm gonna go play JA2 again on brutal then.

Play Hard Life, not High Calibre. You can have a squad of up to 12 and there are a bunch of armors some with the option of adding extra plates, those being level 3 or 4 and titanium or ceramic.

i'm pretty new to games like these, should i start with HL or JA2?

JA2, definitely. Or even better, go for nuXCOM, since the combat is much easier. It's a good entry level game for tactical turn based games (though 7.62 is in real time). Either that or the original X-COM is fine.

After that you can try these games, just keep in mind that JA2 has a fucking huge mod called 1.13 that adds shitloads of mechanics, weapons and items. Also, you might want to look into Silent Storm games as well.

THAT FEEL WHEN YOU DO THE CONVOY CAPTURE AND THEN PLAY FOR A BIT, THE YOUR SAVE FILE CORRUPTS SO YOU HAVE TO DO THE GAY SHIT ALL OVER AGAIN

So hard life is getting updated? How will it effect GEG?

I wish this game had a post-battle replay feature so I could see my mercs in all their tacticool glory.

TO ALL GEG FRUITS, DOWNLOAD THE RESTORED DAMAGE VALUES FILE
GEG as is lowers damage values to around vanilla levels making enemies into bullet sponges, requiring you to land 3 solid hits where in HL you would need 1
the issue with this is that just statistically you would need to pack THREE TIMES THE AMMO you would usually need to engage a pack of rabid Jamal, thus eliminating a lot of working playstyles and strategies

You dont need any files you just have to rename some. Im gonna look for which ones specifically and add to the paste but in the meantime youre quicker off just reinstallan.

HLA was supposed to get an update by the end of summer but summer ended and theres still no update.

Its VIDEO GAMES

where

Didn't know about that, good job user. Personally I thought it was too many guns and just picked a couple out and added them into hard life

Homosexuality is a sin, user.

you can never have enough guns user

Please respond

Im not using GEG myself because Im not a gay so I didnt realize they removed the link from optional files after they officially released.
Im waiting for a response from head BR right now.

Aight so apparently I dont play videogames because they reverted the values back to HL standarts for release.

So disregard , I suck cock.

Hmm…

you do realize that burgistan is not the only country in the world where funs are allowed right?

Help

This mod seems like it makes HLA into BSM.

Grenades.

40% causality is pretty anomalous, have you tried contacting CERN?
hire more mercs, use beeger boolet, build autismfort

Yeah the fuckton of guns is nice in theory but it fucks up the game balance big-time. Jamal with nugget or kar98 is bad enough but Jamal with a true sniper rifle or AA12 is too much for my sandbags to handle.

Should I beat the game before trying GEG? How does it differ from hard life?

The values are the same as HL now, so no need.

see

pastebin updated with basic GEG info

Someone eventually will have to slog through the huescape to see what kind of arsenal geg hands out a few hours in.

ayy lmao
a memory leak of sorts increases your chances to randomy crash proportionally to the time you spend playing without saving

pastebin.com/LcnqrppQ

Whats the most you can get on you ore? I had a pretty high trade at the time and think I got a good deal.

see

JA2 is a really shitty game, tbh. I'm not sure if that's just because I was spoiled with the infinitely superior 7.62 before I tried JA2 or what.

OUT

It's shit, user. It's just an upgrade game and if a gun happens to have shit stats for whatever reason, it's shit no matter what and you're supposed to change it for another. It greatly offended me when my raifu had shit stats.

Play in full screen.

i think my hard life campaign is borked.

i'm stuck waiting for a guy to come into the southernmost town, and he never shows. this is for the independant playthrough.

do i need to finish arming my militia first? did i kill the wrong dudes?

away from my computer for the next week, otherwise i would post pics.

glad to see these threads still around. should i give up on this playthrough, and start a geg one? bizon is missed in hard life.

Does anyone know why my guy won't do full auto shooting? It's always 1 or 2 shots that's it, it's almost like I can't select the amount of rounds to actually use and it's really bugging me. Yes, I've googled it but to no avail.

Vanilla JA2 is just ok, not great and certainly not shit. JA2 1.13 is better but still not the best it could be, the best builds are the AIMNAS mod and the Vengence Reloaded mod. This is because the devs of 1.13 are so autistic and lazy that they didn't bother to fix up the items for the "stable" 1.13 release. Having said that it's a much better game than 7.62, not to get into a dick waving contest but 7.62 has serious lack of any direction and a very boring style to it. Every single character in Jagged Alliance is infinitely more interesting and fun to play with than any of the clone soldiers you have for 7.62. JA2 was the trend setter, 7.62 is it's Russian slightly retarded cousin.

Theres a slider you can use to determine how many shots your guy will shoot when you've selected full auto

Oh and if you cant use the slider its propably a borked weapon that doest have full auto, that or its a bug I dunno

thanks alot, I'm in a nightfight and need fullfun for obvious reasons.

10mm represent

user…No.

OUT

I'm gonna give geg a try. I ain't afraid of no jamal.

How do you open clipazine like that?

I try to rely on my 2 man team equipped with G3's for dat range and pic related

Where the fuck is the mods tab, am I retarded?

Just boot the game up then look at your screen.

What am I missing?

Huh, maybe you need to actually make the mods folder for the button to show up. If you already did that then I don't know.

Guess I'm playing vanilla, then.

Here's the new version, though it's a work in progress.

turn down the resolution to 1080p and see if your menu fixes itself

Nothing. Thanks for trying, though.

Weapon balance in geg isn't that bad. Access to rpg helps with the big early fight. So does access to big boy machine guns.

What, like, the next in the LEL-KEK-JEJ-HEH series?

Are the Real Fuckin' NATO guns any good in full auto in this game? I'm asking because I have a huge heap of 7.62 NATO hanging around and would love to put it to use.

Does anyone have a ripped copy of the Hudfix mod? I saw it in the pastebin but since I don't have the steam version, no download link could be found. I'd really appreciate if an user could share it.

volafile org/r/HF33Go
I uploaded the master to Holla Forumsola, should be identical with the steam version unless Ive changes some shit in a drunken stupor

theyre not too good in full auto, but again they dong need to be, usually one dose of real fucking nato to the chest drops anything that isnt heavily armored
also real fucking nato is real fucking meta if you ask me
Im exclusively using 7.62 marksman rifles because they drop most enemies in one shot at any sane distance

Its like starting out stalkan with an abakan and a protecta instead of a makarov and a sawnoff.
The point of the big early fight is to show that you can fight with and have to fear the shittiest of weapons, that quests have missable solutions, and that preparation > all.

Thanks.

Also I just completed the massive battle with the nigger bandits at the first town and the game fucking crashed immediately after I did all my sorting and shit. Last time this happened and I loaded from the end battle save it ate all the guns on the ground. I hope to fuck that hasn't happened, I also hope the mod doesn't fuck compatibility.

Theres nothing on the ground that you would use to any extent anyway, the only gun thats worth anything is the pistol the bandit boss drops.

Generally try hammering that quicksave button often. Personaly I very rarely get crashes now that I know what to avoid.

Also HUDfix doesnt change anything gameplay related, so it should be compatible with any mod across the board.

What are the designations that make a weapon civilian/hunting/service etc? I've seen it before in the game's files but now I can't find it.

Data\HARDLIFE\lua\items\law.lua

So this means any gun with a folding stock is police?

At least police.

Decided to shell out $5 for the game so I can actually use mods. Got geg working in two seconds. Still not sure what was wrong in the first place.

Now this is operating

Hello, reddit.

Are you getting the (you)s you wanted, son?

Do you need a good mechanic skill to be able to complete the Espionage mission?

Espionage just teleports you to Puerte Viejo and resets your relation with the military.

wew

I'm pretty sure it's just the mission description that's bugged.

Its just poorly worded. What it means is that you have to gather the data withing a week. It doesnt matter how long it takes to actually turn it in.

I always failed the mission because I thought you had to get back within a week. How do you gather intelligence on the defenses?

Rightclick on your dogtags and there'll be an option in there somewhere.

Thanks never would have figured that out.

Yeah I missed that one, added to the paste.

How often do you guys actually go for your side arms, is it worth it if jamals get in close?

How much does that thing weigh?

I only ever use my sidearm if I'm about to be shot and have no other options. Right click weapon > drop, equip pistol from holster takes 0 seconds to do.

Depends on what i use as the main weapon if it's something with a small mag i usually carry a backup pistol.

After getting a reliable gun that I religiously clean I stop carrying sidearms.

Very often. Since I mainly use markman rifles, every time I engage in CQB I do what
says and remove jamal with clumsy double-taps.

No idea but so much the weight penalty makes it unusable in CQB.

Do you run into problems with stopping power / missing and then the enemy returning fire?

Missing with a pistol in CQB is practically impossible, and you will always have a drop on someone with a rifle. STOPPIN POWA is only an issue against armored targets, otherwise 10mm or .45 usually do the job well enough. 9mm sucks unless you got high mag capacity or burst capability, and can allow yourself to magdump once in a while.
I found 10mm optimal for my personal playstyle.

If you look at you get an Idea how doubletap works in this game. All of these faggots got flak vests, one FMJ in the chest, one HP in the head, rinse repeat.

Do you shoot them in the chest first so they're interrupted long enough to get a better aimed shot at the head?
Been wanting to do a sniper rifle & pistol / smg playthrough. Love all .45 guns myself.

Ye. Hipshot to the chest takes 0.2 second which stumbles Jamal and allows to aim for the head if Jamal is still breathing.

So basicly closer to exploiting flinch in STALKER than a real double-tap?

1-2 punch man

Post Loadouts

What is that? Thermal goggles or just a newer generation nvg?

Also does anyone know if theres a better rifle to be found in 7.62x51 than g3?
And also anyone have a bug when trying to "upgrade" it ? I got the durability to -20% and I got the option to do it but pressing it does nothing.

Neat, I was carrying a submachine gun, I forget which one abut never really used it to justify the weight. I should use it more because my gun modded out it heavy as shit

Even tho it was in a really shitty condition I loved the m16 looking gun chambered in .45 at the start of the game I got off from the 100's of niggas attacking the village.
Hipfire was so damn fast and coupled with a fairly good round and full auto it was a total beast in close quarters.

It's a Range finder it's supposed to help with accuracy

Oh? Where did you get it, or did it come with some mod?

Should be part of GEG but i'm not entirely sure since i only found 2 in 50 hour playtime

It's in Hard Life but it's pretty rare.

I've got 202 hours and I've found 0.
Oh man, just like every other game my luck is super shitty.

You get it as a Quest reward at some point

Try slowing the time down when you take a shot, shooting nogs with max speed is kinda tricky and can fuck you up if the timer doesn't the game doesn't pause. You can also turn around if you use shift+LMB and you can tactically move by pressing alt+LMB if you click left/right or behind you.

If you hold control while in pause, you can highlight dropped weapons and grenades (primed or not) around you.

…with max speed is kinda tricky and it can fuck you up if the game doesn't pause.*

Fuck, i can't type today.

I finished the introduction in as far as everyone invading got shot, but now I gotta talk to someone, and I can't for the life of me find him, much less navigate myself (I haven't fiddled with my camera settings as far as the pasta advises though). Is there a list of people in-game you can pick from, or do I have to manually hunt them down?

Any idea what quest? Thought I've done most except the independent ones.

The guy you need to speak to is the guy who talks to you when you "wake up"

I know that, but I don't have an easy way to find him that I can see.

He should be around the same point where he started talking to you. Between the 3 of the 4 houses. I'm pretty sure he cant be killed so he should be there.

From what I remember you can find them at the Sagrada fence and in CC after reaching certain CGL.

STOPPIN POWA is a legit game mechanic that sends Jamal into a shock independent from penetration of the armor. Two 9mm boolets to the chest will incapacitate armored up Paquito for a couple of seconds even if he took only 1 HP damage.

The hunting store sells some serioulsy great ruffles before their CGL unlock, one of which you can see me using in most of the screens.

Look for blue dots on the minimap.

Download links?

It's part of the independent route, second quest i think after you got your army base up and running.

Haa ha, good trick, when do I get that stuff back?

Ive reuploaded russian voices for use with the english version to the workshop for maximum comfy.

fuk

Does anyone know how to actually do the pop-out around corners? Whenever I use the alt click my guys go stupid slow to the point of being absolutely useless.

I ask because this is my first serious CQB and it'd be awfully handy because I'm running out of grenades.

nvm I figured it out sorry :c

Fucking hell I just noticed the gondola cock.

can one of the GEG fags confirm if burst fire is being anomalously accurate as opposed to full-fun?

Sometimes I see messages in the log about the required medical supplies are not available. This is after I travel, what does this mean?

To quote the pastebin:

Autohealing not having enough medical supplies to heal up fully.

Anything like this on mobile? I'm trapped because of the hurricane.

Anything like this on mobile? I'm trapped because of the hurricane.

Not that I can think of.

You talking like medpacks or actual medical supplies?

medpacks obviously
theres 4 or 5 tiers of medpacks and bigger ones heal bigger wounds

ebin

This is why you read the pastebin.

There is a difference between 'a lot of crashes' and 'the game literally does not work'

Works on my machine.

Oh, really? You are not having the same amount of crashes? Wow, it is not like I just said there is a difference between the game not functioning and lots of crashes. Almost like I acknowledged that it was not normal and I was asking for possible solutions? Hm.

user, just because you're shit with computers doesn't mean the rest of us are. Maybe try buying an XBox, okay?

This is why you read the pastebin.

It's unfortunate that your IQ is so low that you've resorted to repeating yourself like a downie with Tourette's and you cannot understand simple sentences.

I'm the one who's able to play vidya gaems here fella. Maybe you should read that pastebin and stop being so butthurt you sage a vidya thread.

Hes being a cunt but really, read it. It has shit in there about helping the game not crash.

bump this shit

Its too bad it doesn't have any environmental destruction. Otherwise this game would actually be fun to play

its too bad your bait wasnt big enough to get the thread going again

look at how smug this asshole is he got an acog

last bump from me in case the thred is ded

Now, can anyone answer me a few questions.
What skills are easy to raise from what base point and how should I manage starting skill distribution for starting equipment? (kevlar helm sounds nice, but who the fuck cares about heavy weapons) Ivanov sounds like an obvious choice with his top intelligence.
Where will I have options to stash equipment, are there anywhere universal lockers? (give answer for vanilla and HLA, since that functionality may or may not be present in the older version)
Does CGL progression affect anything in a negative way? Can it hoard points at lvl7 and fuck me up by jumping several stages if I take too long before completing some quest?

if you wanna go full meta, max out camo first and hipshot second, these are the 2 skills that are super hard to raise without a baseline
camo under 60 is extremely difficult to level due to the retarded way it works
low hipshot will make you avoid CQB situations which will in turn cripple your hipshot growth
sapper is nigh-unraisable generally but its an extremely situational skill but will make your life way easier down the line, invest points in with caution
every other skill is easily raisable in some way or another
dont bother minmaxing for equip
heavy weapons dows not do what you think it does, it governs automatic fire in bursts over 5 boolets and rawkit lawnchairs
Ivanov is the default utility character without any glaring weaknesses, higher skill gain and he has like 30 starting mechanics I believe
choose bonus hearing when talking to Rezvy for maximum memeta
generally when choosing a character pay attention to attributes, you can raise most attributes naturally, and you can raise eyesight by the way of contacts, but you cant raise hearing at all so dont pick a deaf character or you absolutely cripple yourself at night and in CQB
theres some kind of container in every location, no idea about vanilla
Jamal gets better equip, becomes more numerous, and at cgl8 the overmap warfare AI activates, it doesnt hoard points but it can instantly catapult you to cgl8 if you somehow manage to capture a town before reaching it

if you wanna go full meta, max out camo first and hipshot second, these are the 2 skills that are super hard to raise without a baseline
camo under 60 is extremely difficult to level due to the retarded way it works
low hipshot will make you avoid CQB situations which will in turn cripple your hipshot growth
sapper is nigh-unraisable generally but its an extremely situational skill but will make your life way easier down the line, invest points in with caution
every other skill is easily raisable in some way or another
dont bother minmaxing for equip
heavy weapons dows not do what you think it does, it governs automatic fire in bursts over 5 boolets and rawkit lawnchairs
Ivanov is the default utility character without any glaring weaknesses, higher skill gain and he has like 30 starting mechanics I believe
choose bonus hearing when talking to Rezvy for maximum memeta
generally when choosing a character pay attention to attributes, you can raise most attributes naturally, and you can raise eyesight by the way of contacts, but you cant raise hearing at all so dont pick a deaf character or you absolutely cripple yourself at night and in CQB
theres some kind of container in every location, no idea about vanilla
Jamal gets better equip, becomes more numerous, and at cgl8 the overmap warfare AI activates, it doesnt hoard points but it can instantly catapult you to cgl8 if you somehow manage to capture a town before reaching it

How does Marauder hold up against 7.62

More polished but also very linear.

dont die on me thread, i'm comin'!

you gotta post some OC if you want the thread to survive fam

can u waifu her
waifu mod when

never ever because the quest files are vaulted ;^)
thank the BSM fags for that one

gonna start a geg playthrough tomorrow.

That would be excellent, there are way too few games that do that.

Fuck i wish the torrent had any seeders
I have been itching to replay it for month now

Mortars, tanks and militia

And almost 20 years later still no game came close to the JA2 1.13 complexity

gib torrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ffd4b0ab3d9bd2bd6315c8dcb1e6181de8e8ebd0&dn=7.62.Hard.Life-SKIDROW&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.trackerfix.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2710%2fannounce

thanks, user
you're the greatest

Dont be so quick m8, there is only one seeder, or at least it was when i checked so its gona take a good while

Who is a good starting character for beginners and what skills should I get?

Anyone know how the "Current Game Level increase dynamic" works in the HLA config.exe?
I'm pretty asspained about random nogs surviving real fucking nato because apparently by cgl 8 they're all decked in 2-3rd best armor in the game and I'm wondering if by changing that number I could actually slow their gearing up.

Allready covered above but I'l just sum it up quickly.
Ivanoiv is best, anyone who disagrees is a faggot, and for starting skills max camo then hipshot, everything else levels up pretty well in due time.

Thanks gonna try this.

by cgl 8 they all run around in swat armor?

70-80% of rebels have armor and good helmets, 30-40% of jamals have armor and helmets for me and right now I'm at cgl 10. 40-50% of goverment troops have armor which means usually I have to mop up every single commie myself in city fights.

nigga cgl 10 is late midgame, it only goes up to 16
the only thing that option changes is the amount of jamal you have to remove to level up

In my opinnion jamal should never have armor, or max like 10-20% of them.
Id rather the cgl thing get removed and accumulation of gear be just restricted with a tougher economy. It doesnt make any sense that jamal would start to gear up only when you enter the country and only when you progress with missions.
Because all that ends up in is that when you gear up the game basicly gets harder which makes no damn sense. What is the point of getting better gear when you're just going to encounter enemies with better gear in proportion to yours in addition to being always outnumbered.

I like playing the game with just one merc and the most comfy way to do that is not do too much main missions since you'll start encountering 10-20 people with half of them having armor and guns equal to yours. Kinda reminds me of playing oblivion with some shit skills chosen as your primary ones and just never touching them, you get to level your skills and actually feel like you're getting more powerful without the retarded leveling of just about every NPC in the game.