What's up with GTA5? It's 2 years old and still full retail and it comes /w shit reviews, why?

I've been wanting the game for a while. I was planning on picking it up next time it's on sale. I have a few concerns. Games two years old and still $59.99(US), which is why I'm waiting til it goes back on sale before I consider actually buying it. My other concern are the reviews, they've gone to complete shit. The game super popular and full retail, I don't understand how the reviews could be so bad. Would appreciate your thoughts and input if it's still worth buying.

Pirate it

Probably because of the constant online updates. Its essentially an MMO at this point.

It's 4 years old and yes faggot, you and the game are old.

The Online mode is practically Saints Row, I went in the other day to check out the new update and got blasted by a guy on a flying bike

GTA V got a hit by a ton of negative reviews because recently Rockstar tried to make Modding illegal, and no I don't mean just hacking online, I mean even single player mods and not just for GTA V but for every game they own.
of course the reaction to this was Pic related and Rockstar has since backpedaled but for a small time frame it was illegal to mod GTA 3.

sadly the best way to play is with a server either by yourself or friends.

You can't do missions in a private session so the only way is to enter a public one and disconnect your internet for just a few seconds. If done correctly, you end up completely alone in your public session.

Modern gaming has gotten so bad that aside from FOTM, most people religiously stick to one or two big games that let you drown yourself in content. We consider the quality shit, but normalfags think games like Skyrim give you the most bang for your buck. GTA online is like that, but you get to bring friends as well, so they'll happily pay whatever Rockstar of David charges.

Remember when MMORPGs became trash? It was when the norm became "make something that just barely qualifies as a RPG to save the most amount of effort possible, then cash in on people having fun with each other and thinking it's the game".
With gta 4 being a flop, rockstar decided to do just that with gta 5.
They made something that just barely resembles gta with the least effort possible, then they spent 500 million on hookers and blackjack and they're cashing in on people using their video "game" as a social network.

hi underage.
If you look at the GTA modding community, you'll notice that basically everyone is anonymous on GTA-related forums and websites. Outside the biggest attention whores you'll only be able to tell what someone's nickname is, whereas everywhere else in the internet people happily give out all of their information
This is because rockstar has knocked on enough people's doors to give them debt for multiple lifetimes that they managed the impossible and made normalfags learn something.

Fair enough you can call me underage since i'm a newer fag relative to most people on this board i'm sure.
I'v actually never been that into GTA really, (I always liked bully more) So I wouldn't know much about the infamous things Rockstar has done, I just new about what I posted because it was big news at the time and unavoidable if you didn't live under a rock.

GTA Online makes no fucking sense

You're forgetting the latest updates

This game is fucking retarded.

I got banned from GTAO for no reason and they also saw fit to reset my single player progress as an extra incentive for me to never play again, just a week after I bought the game for my girlfriend so we could play together. Then I called them to ask wtf was up and they hung up on me.

rockstar coty every year

Was that really necessary

My internet connection is so terrible that i always get dumped in sessions by myself, everyone then normally joins me.

The game is pretty much unplayable/unenjoyable without friends anyway.

on the contrary, GTA Online makes a lot of sense
it's a business not a videogame

Let's also not forget

GTA stopped being fun when the Heists update hit. Everything from then onward has been complete trash.

I feel sorry for the PCbros who started playing GTAO at PC release, because that's when shit died.

This is genuinely a terrible multiplayer, I don't know why people like it so much, it's the skinnerist of skinner boxes.

The fucking thing has never been on sale below 50% I believe.

The reviews are bad because of the whole Take 2 modding fiasco. A bunch of Steam users raided the review page of GTA V with shit reviews because Take 2 DMCA'd OpenIV. A popular modding software

Just pirate it nigger, why the fuck are you even considering buying it at all? It's not like Cockstar is desperate for your money at this point. It's a solid open world game, take that with what you will.

GTAO was so much fun when the base jobs actually paid you decent money, then they nerfed the payouts and started adding all this other bullshit that nobody wants to play.

Gotta sell you that virtual money

This place is goon central

Heh. No wonder she's all covered up this season.

I wanted to play GTAO but I've heard that the only way to make money and level up is by doing missions and heists but in order to do these things you need friends.

And i feel sorry for anybody who has to play this shit at all.

It's pay2win garbage, i dread what gta 6 will be. I will pirate it though and stay the fuck away from online mode

I could forgive the money sinks if the missions paid well and there was some semblance of an actual in-game economy, but as it stands the game is literally set up so players are either working for or buying GTA funbucks just for it to be taken away at regular intervals.

Not really, you can do almost everything solo except heists and there are plenty of communities that exist solely to help each other out without mindless killing. Plus working with friends pays fuck-all to the helpers in game. But still, if you just want money to screw around with, there are always glitches to exploit for millions since Rockstar cant fix their online game for shit.

I don't really care about the in-game money, it's just the leveling up that takes ages and a ton of features are locked behind the slow progression system.

that keep coming out with "free" updates to GTA online i think they have a full team working on GTA online updates. so that's why it's around full price.

You don't fit in, faggot.

They should just sell GTAO separately for the people who care about that shit.

true COD did that shit

Leveling doesn't mean shit in this game, though. All of the most powerful weapons are not level-locked and available immediately. In fact, most of the features that were there in the beginning were either abandoned or never fully implemented. The point of the game is now literally about nothing but acquiring and spending money. The only thing resembling "leveling" that's left is grinding some supply runs to get a few vehicles at a discount. Plus, if you really care about grinding out XP/RP, there are plenty of glitches for that, too.

What universe you in pal?

Th-thanks

I've noticed a vidya stasis, lately. More specifically, most stores around me still sell DS, Wii and WiiU titles, as well as the occasional PS3 one. What the hell? Have parents wised up and learnt to buy just the most convenient console?

Screw GTAO. Cockstar is bloody irresponsible about its players.

Years later, still mfw.

I actually wish most games would do that instead of half-assing the singleplayer to focus on multi.

I'm surprised CoD hasn't gone full-on multiplayer only, to be honest.

yeah fuck Nintendo all of there first party and 2nd party games all always full fucking price until they go out of print.

that's one of the things fans don't tell you when they are trying to sell you on Nintendo systems.

ALSO the plastic fucking addons for all of there systems are crazy over priced a wii remote STILL cost 50 -60 dollars because they sell the fucing thing in parts.

they'll do that after WW2 bombs

It comes with shit reviews because of GTA Online. It's run incredibly poorly and has more hackers than CS 1.6 at its worst (I'd literally be changing servers every 10 minutes to avoid them) and you'll end up banned for not cheating or your account destroyed by hackers. I played legit yet had all my money wiped when rockstar lazily zeroed out accounts that had been fucked with by modders rather than adjust them correctly, and I had saved up a ton of legit money. I lost $25M which is around 100 hours of grinding I'd done to prepare for a patch. I promptly quit and never looked back.
I've not seen a developer mass-punish innocent players like that to fix a problem since OSI in UO nearly 20 years ago. I'm still amazed that happened. When you read the reviews of people that got fucked by rockstar, realize that there's a large number of legit players among the dindu nuffins. If you play long enough, it will happen to you. Don't say you weren't warned.

Weapon parts (bigger mags, skins, etc) and car accessories are locked behind a certain level.
I don't really want to do those RP glitches because it's not really fun.
I hope they don't fuck up RDR2.

If CoD WWII fails, then they might do that, after all Treyarch people are still working on the mp support of Black Ops 3.

How's the fan-made server software? GTA V online would be so much fun if you could strip all the Rockstar shit from it and get some actual fun allowed community servers going.

It's a pretty well made and fun game. A rarity these days. Just borrow it from someone or steal it on PC if you're that cheap.

Guys you are playing it wrong
Get in a modded lobby (there is a discord server where you can arrange this), get free cash, have fun
It's the only way to play
I got almost 50Mil and now I'm having a shitload of fun
Also the new planes are shit, the Hydra still fucks them heavily
The most OP thing is the HVY and explosive ammo for the sniper

Search FiveM, never tried, but I know it exists

well obviously you need to band together with other people who were banned and file a class action lawsuit

I've read on the modder's discord that the first "ban" its just an account wipe, and only the second strike means a ban
Maybe they updated the terms

Many people don't want to cheat, but I'd agree that cheating is the only way to play GTA Online.

Liar

What are they going to do to RDR2?

It'll probably be another P2P shitfest as they'd have used GTAO's engine given the timing, and nothing's changed with GTAO's management so it'll be the same banning of innocent players.

this
Waiting around for sales on a game with tons of poor reviews.. Are buyfags mental? My buyfag cousin bought GTA IV and it wouldn't even run. I later installed a pirated version on the same computer and it ran fine. Rockstar is so kiked now it's basically EA yet NPCs still want to give them money. At this point I believe social media is designed to brainwash people to be like this, to endlessly consume, to throw money at anything. "Is there a steam sale? Oh boy, better go consume, better tell everyone on Reddit and cuckchan about all the shit I bought!" At least save the cash and update your toaster of a computer.

Gotcha, I forgot about those. Though, again, I don't think anything is locked for the DLC guns. Gun skins are unlocked based on kills, which will rack up quickly anyways in a public session, and car parts can be unlocked through races, which I admit can be tedious. You used to be able to do them solo, but I don't know if they changed that. However, those I think do also eventually unlock with player level, which does go up fairly quickly since you get RP for just about everything that you do.

They will. With that said:

What could they do though? Not that they won't find a way to jew people, but it's not like they can keep releasing faster, shinier horses the way they do with cars. They can only go so far with guns and the setting doesn't really lend itself to the same types of activities as GTA such as arms dealing and drug manufacturing. Trapping? They couldn't even get the animals into GTA online. Gambling?

Pretty much. GTA is doing fine and there's now doubt the next game will release with a full budget too. Shekels should be saved to support games like Dragons Dogma.

you need to go back

GTA V is a great game single player. If you're playing the online mode, you're doing it wrong.

GTV Online is the fucking best.
A Russian guy who liked my online name gave me 100 Billion dollars so I bought everything that night and then filled all 100 slots in my garage with the most expensive cars that can be resold for over 2 million each. Rockstar reset all my money to 0 the next day so now I just sell the ultra cars when I want shit.

Those incinerator leftovers will never get a red cent from me.
Not for a Red Dead Redemption PC port, not anything.

Hey, eating blocks of cheese is great.

Normalfags like their GTA Online.

Jesus Christ I should stop coming here. I was feeling pretty good and now I'm depressed again. Thanks.

uh

homotext
Back to tumblr

Sure they could. But I'd be fine with it, as GTAO not run like an failing African military dictatorship with real servers, proper anti-cheat, and region-locked matchmaking would be a lot of fun. The formula isn't the problem, Rockstar is. But it's too late for any changes in Rockstar and their tech to be reflected in RDR2. We can only hope that the flaming wreck that will be RDR2O wakes them up before GTA6.

(((nazi text)))
back to germany, pls save us

Actually, it's even more than that now.
There's a special achievement that gives you a shitload of money for doing all the heists in order without anyone dying. Rockstar's anti-cheat mostly relies on checking account balances and removing money when someone gets a ton of it, since it assumes that it was hacked in - yet it's been removing money from people who got that achievement.
They've added a ton of online mechanics with the CEOs, drug manufacturing, gun running, etc, yet never took time to refine anything - much less chain these systems together into something cohesive. The game is balanced towards griefers, and it's near impossible to do anything about it as a low-level player. Heists payouts are incredibly underwhelming. There's no point in running regular missions. Freeroam is pretty much a waste of time unless you want to grief.
Fortunately, it's not entirely lost. Now there are things like FiveM, so you can hop into private servers that have serverside mods and scripts going. It's clunky, and a lot of the RP servers are obnoxious if you're not into that type of thing, but if you want a taste of what the game could have been except with shitty menus for the interface, that's where it's at. Or you can just play weird shit, there's a transport tycoon server and another that's pretty much DayZ but on the GTA map.

The market has seen your buying habits and priced gta correctly. Basically you and everyone in this thread is a piece of shit with no standards so they know you'll buy it eventually.

fucking hell

wew lad

Fucking finally.

They have been for a bit, it's just that not too many people know about them. Still, it seems like most of the major RP servers are running at population cap even in off hours. FiveM is currently limited to 32 people per instance, although the devs are working to increase that.

Well no. I didn't buy Witcher 3 until this week when the GOTY edition was down to €25. I had store credit so why not?

But I'm guessing anti social fagggots like myself are not the target audience. Those days are gone.

Nope bought it once for xbox 360 and like the vast majority of developers I am now done with them. That was even before rockstar decided to fuck all their customers. GTA was boring for the most part and the (at that point) barren online did not keep me around. I am glad I missed that drama though.

How do these mechanics work exactly? Do you get a bunch of missions or is it only: "go kill a bunch of players"?

CEOs, it works like this:

Bikers:
Don't know about the others, I simply haven't played since before they were added. While the mechanics sound great on paper, and were fun enough for a bit, the grind is absolutely obscene and you need a lot of money to even start off.

The best part about their money wipe 'solution' was the cheaters just hopped in a modded lobby and got their money back the same day while the people who play legit were furious and quit. The reason the game's so full of cheating is they've made it the only way to play.

That sounds fun, I wish I had friends.

It was fun for a bit, but it got old pretty quickly. But instead of making it fresh, R* just tacked on more and more similar content, and now GTAO is deep into parody territory with all the ridiculous vehicles you can get (as long as you grind for 40 hours to afford them, or just give them your shekels like a good little goy).

They're literally the same. Gunrunning is bikers 2.0 and smuggling is CEO crates 2.0

Gunrunning:
>sell stock in public while fighting off randoms and hyper-aggressive aim-bot NPCs

Smuggling

yeah they are also those mini games in it, that could be fun with friends

They're executed fucking horribly, though.

Only good thing about GTAO is the hacking.

Good fun dropping millions on people, soon XP editing will be back.

I don't know if they fixed it or not, but you could farm XP by hiding on the roof of the cop shack near Franklin's Tow Truck, the cops wouldn't find you, thus you vade and get XP, but being in the area nets you a wanted level. Tape your stick to one direction to evade the idle kick, and play in a solo server, and go do anything else for several hours.

Hope I run into you someday, user

You are a good man.

Buy your purebred arabian horses only $9.99
And don't forget horse armor!

That is either a fuck ugly whore or a man in drag.

And that is why they make games that big.

but user I wont buy it ether? It seem to be retarded logic.

Depends on what you want out of it. The online experience is pretty shit. If you're interested in playing because of that, don't. If you however find the single player aspects interesting and or just want a new world to dick around in and kill people while stealing cars, then yeah it's a good time.

If it's worth $59.99 is really only something you can decide for your self. Personally I'd be happy to see it at $39.99. Feel that's what it's worth for as much content as you get vs how old it is.

The assumptions is pirates are poorfags with toasters and tiny hard-drives.

What i really find baffling and stupid is that they don't separate the SP game from GTAO. Same thing with NuDoom. Why not just make them show up as two separate games in the library? Why do i have to download all that shit online shit when i want the SP game and why do i have to dowmload the whole SP game if i just want to play the online part? Or at least make it like Red Orchestra 2 where you can tick a DLC box when downloading?

Maybe they're paid by certain hardware companies to try and bloat peoples drives as much as possible so they have to upgrade or delete other games

Or
Most likely answer

-They are fucking retarded

I tried that, but I didn't enjoy it.

Most eighth generation consoles come as stock 1TB or 500GB hard drives which doesn't include the OS with the option to upgrade or get an external drive. Most eighth generation consoles force full installation even if you own the disk copies. The bloat of 83.1GB is real estate. Even if you don't factor in potential the PC market the bloat is disgusting. The gaming industry is quickly going the way of Hollywood.

THPS5 is still full price, last time I checked, god knows why. Other than the obvious Activision.

Which script injector are you using, user?

hawt char, post moar.

Take it as someone who has purchased the game twice. Do not buy it.

The campaign is completely unrewarding in every way, so the only thing it has going for it is the multiplayer. GTA Online is a complete grind and pay-to-win. It's missions are just as stale as the campaign. I stopped playing a while ago, but apparently the game is riddled with hackers fucking up any enjoyment you can get out of it. You are much better off with just pirating the game and getting one of the myriad of multiplayer mods there are for it that allow you to host a private server and install mods that make the game fun. Maybe we should have a GTA V game night.

But with all the money I saved not buying vidya I bought a decent computer with 2 terabytes, allowing me to pirate even more than before!

IMHO the "campaign" was basically Male PMS the Game. Got very tiring listening to Michael/Trevor whine while Franklinigger played the happy go lucky token darkie card.

Though that fat NEET fuck Jimmy alone kills replayability, I must say.

Do you mean mid-life crisis? Because the entire thing is Michael spiraling down into a midlife crisis, dragging Franklin down into the chaos because Franklin is decently competent.

do heists, buy a meth lab. later down the line see if you can get a bunker.

When niggermenu is updated ill play more.

ok m8

Works better then official.

Funfact: GTAO has a speed limit of 140mp/h.

Good thing i can completely obliterate it.

That's what I thought it was. Where'd you get it, anyway? I think paying 20 bux for some cheat tool is fucking retarded.

Is it as cancerous on console?

Some webms of you fucking with people would be cool.

I've never understood paying for a mod menu or client because it's not like they can regulate the release once it's out there unless they include some kind of drm shit or server side verification

We Hollywood Now meme still in effect.

This. The entire ethos of the franchise is trolling. This is the game community Rockstar created. They don't get to all the sudden become super cereal about "hacking" just because it effects their Shark Card sales or whatever. GTA is basically Shitposting: The Game. If you aren't actively fucking with other players (and Rockstar) when you play GTA, you are literally playing the game wrong.

The wildcard with RDR2 is gambling. The minigames against NPCs was one of the best parts of RDR, especially after you had reached 100% completion. However, if they implement gambling in the online portion of RDR2, they wont be able to sell you cash through Shark Cards or whatever because of gambling regulations.

if Rockstar isn't working on Rockstar Editor 2 with private servers and an asset store geared for streamers and youtube videos, they're nuts.

user, please…

are you able to spawn NPC henchmen with this menu? My standard routine with Authority was to spawn FIB bodyguards and load up in a Valkyrie or HVY and kek as the bodyguards blasted other players with the .50 cals. They had no idea it was me killing them since technically it was NPCs. I was never able to try this with any of the new military gear, though. I'd imagine the possibilities for griefing are tremendous now.

don't. the game is as dull as dishwater and downgrades fun stuff that was in gta4 or RDR

Sorry mate i dont grief, i just help where i can.

Bought it, offset and p0ison were pretty cool niggas.

Not at the moment, new version thats being worked on thanks to the new anticheat update, but already this version already disabled the major anticheat functions, money and XP will be coming out in a few versions.

Neither GTA 4 nor 5 were really that good, in fact, they were boring and bland.

Is it worth the 20 bucks?
Can you give a nigga a download link, fam?

The PC version only came out in 2015.

Piracy is great and all but if only normalfags are left who pay for games…

Well at this point it can't even get worse.

Its not about what you want user. The Jew wants you to play online so they shove it in your face. There is a not zero chance that you will start up the online mode when bored.

Fucking ban him and take his money user. Do it. Fucking Kangaroo shagging furries.

They botched it pretty hard, though, IMHO. Michael's family is so insufferably awful that I had to force myself just to finish the fucking game, and Michael/Trevor just seemed way too whiny, like I was playing a soap opera instead of a game about heists. Not to mention the rushed ending and incredibly lame as fuck cardboard cutout "villains" make me wish I didn't bother wasting my time on the game.

I think GTA's problem is that it's gone stale. They've been telling the same story since day one - guy down on his luck gets backstabbed and the American Dream is a bunch of bullshit. We get it already. Can we have something else now? At least put some effort into the "satire" too - I had the custom radio station on the entire time I played because the talk shows were so fucking boring.

Especially Lazlow and Michelle. What the fuck were they thinking?

This is just my opinion, of course.

Yes.

Also, p0ison, one of the devs for NiggerMenu is starting his own menu which i plan on getting later, so when its out ill hit a gtao thread with it.

Will this p0ison fella release it for everyone or will it be behind a pay wall like niggermenu?

Paywall similar to niggermenu, 20usd for the menu, not a sub service like a few other menus :^)

That's the only reason to play GTA:O is that it has players. The other multiplayer mods are better but the userbase is dead. I gave up on GTA:O when I'd spend the entire day grinding away only to make about $100k profit while I get constantly blown up by people with several million dollar military vehicles.

is that SsethTzentach? What the sauce?

And they are also going to ban your ass if you say "bad" things. Hope they dont notice your ass

We ubdadded GTA online lol!
No really, that's their excuse

why didn't you just buy some shark cards, goyim

Oh, is there a new pirated version of GTA V that allows us to access all of the new online content in the single player, or perhaps access third party multiplayer servers? The former would be totally fine. I just want the new shit to fuck around with. What about being able to play with your own character in a single player environment? Clothes, hair, guns, cars, etc. that sort of thing.

And let's also not forget:

Once Discord sells (and it will) - all associated user data will be actively harvested, sold and monetized. So you know that Steam account that you associated to it (and CANNOT undo) like a dumbass? Good job, champ.

I signed up for discord with a throwaway email to join communities for sharing amateur fetish pornography. I've seen shit that isn't on porn sites and revel in the rarity of my fap fuel. I've never connected it to my vidya.

They don't even really have fun with the rags-to-riches premise in the game mechanics, not in single player anyway. It's always a bunch of disjointed missions most of which suck then you get a fat payout by the end of the game while there's virtually nothing to spend your oodles of cash on.

Multiplayer gives you a lot of stuff to buy, but it's multiplayer, and GTA:O is the most insufferable shit unless you intentionally break it so you can have some actual fun.

GTA5 has the opposite problem. There's a whole bunch of properties but they are too expensive to earn enough money through regular gameplay and/or not enough ways to earn money besides the main missions or cheesing the stock market missions.

Yeah but what the fuck is even the point of getting those properties? All they do are funnel out shitty 'go here and deliver x' missions and funnel more useless money into your bank account.

There's nothing fun to really buy, maybe some vehicles but you can just steal most of those anyway and certainly nothing useful to get.

For a place that thrives on piracy, I never really get my questions answered.

GTA 5's single player is half-assed as they kept anything fun to buy for Online so you'd buy funbux. But Online is like living in a failing African military dictatorship with a senile 80 year old at the helm.

Really? To me he was try-hard incarnate. I guess the 'tards at Rockstar of David wanted to make a parody of the average GTA player or some faggot shit like that, but they ended up being more edgy and try-hard than the average 13 year old boy GTA player.

Why is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas still the best GTA game?

Rockstar are some of the biggest kikes of the western videogame industry, possibly even outdoing EA for outright jewishness. They aggressively push journalists to inflate review scores as if game journalists need pushing, Mahe nothing but rehash normalfag-bait and routinely fuck over their customers because they know they are too big to ever not get away with it.

If you give money to Rockstar you are either a fucking retard or a VERY good goy.