How soon until 90s nostalgia becomes a major marketing gimmick in the gaming industry?

How soon until 90s nostalgia becomes a major marketing gimmick in the gaming industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Night_(American_Horror_Story)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never.

Soon.

Why is that? They do it all the time with the 80s

90s videogames were shit and thus the logical conclusion is that we have been seeing a 90s revival since the PS4 was released

BUBSY'S BACK. NEVER FURGET

GEE I SURE WONDER.

GEE I WONDER.

We don't need more nostalgia and rebootfaggotry ruining classics. Every time they bring this shit back, its only to bring up to Current Year standards or completely remake them to the point of being unrecognizable. Crash might've worked because it was essentially just updating the graphics and sounds of the original. Much like how Samurai Jack worked because it was literally just continuing from where the original left off. Sonic Mania also worked because it basically continued from where the classic series ended, so it was like no time passed at all. Then you have straight up recreations which bear little resemblance to the original and do the first terrible things I mentioned. Like Tomb Raider, Star Wars (+EA Battlefronts) and Ducktales.

This already started though. Where have you been?

While I disagree with the first part of this post, this is correct. People have been riding on the 90's nostalgia since the start of the new generation. Strangely enough, though, most of the focus is on the furry shit, the shitty RPGs, what ever games is memed to be "The best", or out of flippin' nowhere.

Last image was suppose to be Shadow of the Beast. Also, let's not forget about nuDoom. and Id's revival.

Considering that 80's nostalgia is already being milked for Advertising (at least here in bongland).
That and It's already been slowly creeping in but give it a few months and 9/10 games will base itself on 90s stuff

What's Shadow of the beast?

A literally who of a game that was released on the Amiga and then ported over to other systems, including the Genesis.

Webm or I keel you.

The fuck is there to be confused about, Sonic is pretty fucking emblematic of the 90's, no shit there's going to be games trying to ape it.

Every video game after '79 is shit.

With games like Dusk we already have retro low polygon count and retro low-res textures.

About -14 years

Halo 3 will be a decade old in 3 weeks.

Are you kidding? That's been happening for a long time now. Many companies are already milking 00s nostalgia too, with stupid remasters everywhere you look.

Do you live under a rock? That time is now.

Remember that kids of the ‘80s are now the demographic with the largest purchasing power.

2007 was 10 years ago

Oh, no, it's worse than that:
I didn't know about the other 3 systems (Even the Dreamcast) until I was well into high school.

we already have 2000's nostalgia with memer beaner kids playing linkin park ironically, bonzi buddy and them latching on to vinesauce's windows XP destruction videos

We build a new website where the rules say you have to be over 30 to post. My plan is flawless.

But, I'm 21.

You mean it isn't already?

I doubt it's specifically to beaners, it WOULD be easier to filter them out. Unfortunately, obnoxious memery is plenty in younger ages, regardless of race.
I wish memes were edgy again to scare them off.

OP is a faggot.

Early 2000's were just an extension of the 90's.

So you and other pseudo-intellectual faggots can circle jerk about how the pinnacle of gaming happened in the late 80's?
Yeah, go right ahead.

Question, what do we do if we want to post an hour long video? I imagine a podcast or some shit would turn out fine since there's like zero visuals, but still.

Couldn't help you there. The only way to get those videos down into an Holla Forums compatible size involves some compression wizardry beyond the skill of lazy faggots.

almost evrey meme spouting faggot I know is underaged, some shade of brown, chubby and/or has a bowl cut.
hell, almost all autistic kids look the same:
It can happen to whites too, but the biggest meme spewers in public are beaners and other mystery meat kids.
Ass Autist was right in his old rants about memes and autists.

Brown and bloom FPSs are considered the golden age now?

Are we talking about the 'sega does what nintendon't' fuck-you marketing, or something else

Thanks for pointing out that site at least, my computer is shit but even I can do it. I assume they'll come with sound so they don't think I'm from haflchan and make fun of me, right?

Only the options with the red sound icons on them have no sound.

Cool, browser can't play MP4's for some reason anyway so I don't have to worry about that. Time to make .webms of all kinds of retarded shit.

That's a big file size.

It's not perfect, but it's easier than telling people to read this guide.

Thanks man, this is convenient.

How do you define 90s nostalgia?
Do you mean the aesthetic?
At it's core the style of the 90s to me is very hip hop and punk rock.
Very Tony Hawk Pro Skater.
What determines if that comes back is all dependent on the musical styling loved by whatever group replaces the synth loving hipsters of today.
If the next generation wakes up tomorrow and says something along the lines of
The hipsters will take off their plad coats and start tying them around their waist and that skateboarding mummy known as Tony Hawk will rise from his Sarcophagus.

I wanna FUCK that trap.
I WANNA FUCK IT.

thanx, m8

This is possibly the gayest thing I have ever seen.

You want to fuck a jew?

it's already a marketing gimmick but it'll never become a major one.

i wasn't born in the 80s and i dig that aesthetic. doubt it's just about the nostalgia.

For Lefty Holla Forums

Now I can shit-post harder.

Did you miss Sonic Mania?

There a new sonic game?

Legitimately surprised that people didn't already know about this. Webm responsibly, faggots.

i miss my childhood.

I'm sorry what?

I've only seen a handful of Hebrews that look more Jewish than him.

The way her boobs are drawn is bothering me

Here, I think this will help you. It takes 5 minutes to shorten a webm.

Cuck.

Get out.

He's doing god's work, you need to go back.

>>>/freech/

…What the fuck is this

SPlatoon more 80s than 90s

This is not an argument

This encapsulates the destruction of the white race.

You sure about that?

I don't see it being used in games to a great extent. The 90s only had a couple themes. The beach, dot com, celebrities, and goth. Everything else was not very memorable.

Materialism, valley girls, and malls in the early 90s. Also, hip hop and gangs, but GTA San Andreas is already a good representation of that.

Around the time when Pokemon GO was released.

Because the 90's is the same shit as today.

Are people ever going to feel nostalgic for the 2010s?
I don't think there is anything noteworthy or defining about this decade except for the political shitstorm that is happening.

The 2010s are an aping of 80s and 90s culture by hipsters without a talent for creation. There's nothing to feel nostalgic for in this decade.

True although I'd personally say it's more like a shittier version of the 2000s.
The only thing people MIGHT feel nostalgic about would be smartphones if people stop using them in the following 20 years but only normalfags really like them.

80's was an aping of the 50's.

In what way?

the only thing I would feel nostalgic for is Illusion games, old Holla Forums and when I voted for Trump

2 years and 4 months.

why did I click this

HOLY FUCK THOSE QUADS

Go fuck yourself you contrarian hipster.

I might feel nostaligic for all the triggering of faggots we managed to achieve.

Depends on what makes more money.

This is Holla Forums's loss at this point.

Fuck. I can't tell whether this is the Happy Merchant, Loss or piccolo dick.

Yeah ,Shadow of the beast had a weird background, but the music was top notch, the graphics for the time were pretty top tier, and it took pride in it's parallax scrolling.

There was the first game which was ported onto the genesis, same as the second game.

There was a third game, but it was Amiga specific.

In 2016, a little company made a remake of Shadow of the Beast (ps4 only) and it ranks up with the 2010 splatterhouse for fanservice of the originals.

As if anyone uses a smartphone to gain knowledge, it's all used for bullshit like Pokemon Go and talking to other normalfags online.

For you

Original Shadow of the Beast was surreal as fuck.
Are the monsters as batshit in the remake? I don't know how they'd pull it off.
Anyway, I think they should complete the trilogy. A game series where the main character becomes more and more human as it progresses is so interesting.

man i could never bring myself to finish this when i had it for genesis. it was cool but such an odd game.

Moneysupermarket is one of those websites that compiles insurance details and shit.
but that's not the only one…

It's literally 90s Nickelodeon the game, in what way is it 80s?

Are you retarded?

They already do.

Cheers fam
sage for not contributing

Coming off the turbulent civil rights, feminism, and vietnam war era of the '60s and '70s, the '80s were left the rise of cynical corporatism and globalism as reflected in its cyberpunk movies like Blade Runner and Robocop. People then got nostalgic over the '50s as evidenced by the popular sitcom "Happy Days" taking place there as well as a big portion of Back to the Future parts 1&2. Perhaps most tellingly of people's fondness for the '50s is Reagan becoming president with the notorious slogan: Make America Great Again

At least it had some bomb-ass movies, anime, and the Cold War drawing to a close as some of its perks.

Reagan also established his Reaganomics economic plans, and communists are butthurt about rich people getting rich means more for everyone below, I'm pretty sure that lowering the bar like what's happened now and before is not going to provide a solution that works.

I have 3 communists as close family members, and by eavesdropping on their conversations, their reasoning for fucking everyone over is that they hate the rich.

That's it, for these people, it's all emotion based, not result based.

This is the user who had a sister who went into a 3 way relationship and she got abused for it, after which she cut off a large section of her friend circle.
Remember how you guys told me I could still convince them? Not happening, the only thing that'll convince them now is the complete and utter destruction of their movement via constant exposure of it's more seedy elements
The recent segment on Trevor Noah's show about him mocking Antifa is a good sign and a possible way for them to be brought back.
They did go to protests, but after Charlottesville I managed to convince them to not go to one, which might not stick.
All I can do now is to put them out of my mind, not care what they do, and let fate take it's course.
If they die in a protest or go out and get killed thanks to their group, I have prepared myself to not react in any way.
They chose this, and if the child's hand must be burnt on the stove to be convinced that it is scalding hot, then so it will be.

If you have a family member who is a communist, and/or an Antifa, the lesson I learned is to not even try if you aren't atop the totem pole (as in the person affected isn't your son or daughter), even if you plainly state the facts, even if you put it right in front of them, they will NOT LOOK, because they've been conditioned and hard.

There's a certain point where people are set down a path, and the only reason they would listen to you is to is because they themselves doubt their cause on some level.

You have to wait for a vulnerable moment, and be there when they need to cry on your shoulder when no one else is, and that's all you can do. But you may never be in a position for that to happen, since they constantly have their own little cult community to run off to, where they're more close then family, or at least that's the delusion. In order to convince someone, they have to respect and rely on you on some level. This is what I learned when I escaped the "Christian" cult I was thrown into during my high school years.

Oftentimes, the only solution to save a family member is to let them come to harm thanks to their own movement and ideals.

You have to let go of those who are lost, and only pray that they do not die. There is no saving someone who thinks they're an angel who cannot and has not done wrong, in their own perception.

In no way have I ever shat up a right-wing group for appropriating leftist propaganda. Disprove the statement that I actually made or shut up.

No, fashwave guy is right. Kill yourself, leftist.

I get the feeling people seem to think 1990 - 1995 is 80s. Even the 80s games thread had a 90s game in the OP. I'd argue the early 90s was the climax of outrageous, over the top, brightly colored aesthetics.

he is pretty accurate though, smartphones are for pointless chatter on facebook and horribly shit vidya that cretins like. Everything else is on-the-surface benign but is largely unecessary/pointlessly decadent normalfag-tier white noise to distract people from their reality.

If you have a PC you don't need a smartphone, they're ugly, oversized and lead to retarded liberals living in echo chambers.

I really want 90's gothic edginess to come back

It also fosters paltry communication skills through dumbspeak and pawing at screens like some half retarded nigger child instead of typing.

Story?

So, Comix Zone is pretty much 90's: The Video Game.

Well can you really blame anyone for hating the rich? How often do they go out of their way to fuck the poor?

Went to a christian school because public wouldn't let me leave behavoiral program (Hyperactivity, not asshole behavior, treating boys like girls and wanting quiet girls over actual kids, see video)

So we went private, first school was orthodox jew, that obviously didn't work out, second school was christian school, into the second year they sent me to a indoctrination camp for questioning the bible (and the school also had mandatory field trips with nothing but prayer during the day for older students), long story short my parents went with me against the principal's wishes, underwent 3 days of 12 hour prayer, and we left without a word.

2 weeks later the principal found out that we skipped out and we left after he confronted my parents, but I saw the whole thing and came to the conclusion that it was a cult, which it was, so I researched cult tactics and everything they did was basically standard cult shit.

Parents left religion, and I left with my own worship detached from mainstream, I see god as a possibility and a hope, there is no devotion to the concept anymore, because people would try to use that to manipulate me.

My family was a churchgoing family before it happened, and we no longer go to church. They replaced it with political bullshit, which led to communism somehow. I didn't feel empty since I never really liked church, so I didn't try to fill that non-existant hole with something.

Not often in a society that is capitalist. A lot of that "fucking over" happens in poor societies, the more wealth total, the less likely the rich will fuck the poor over, because they don't have to. Doesn't account for shit like Google's data gathering, but in communist society the poor are fucked because the rich are fucked and need money to continue to finance their ventures.

The idea isn't a class war, the idea is to raise the bar from the bottom to the top. Communism makes everyone "equal" financially, but since everyone gets the same money, people are incentivized to fuck over others to get on top, because people are not content with being materially equal. And thus the rich in that "equal" society would be made up not of people who worked for that money and made good decisions, but instead thieves and backstabbers.

If you want a good examples of these backstabbers, look at china, or note that people in the USSR would report people to the government just to get their apartment space when they were sent off to the gulags.

Human nature must be accounted for, and human nature can be an ugly thing depending on the enviroment you cultivate it it.

People are only evil if the world allows them to be.

Comix Zone is the 90s in it's most pure and concentrated form

Super Metroid too hard for you, user?

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Indoctrination for questioning the Bible is not what Christianity is about at all. You're suppose to have doubts as a Christian because the Bible does tell some of the most awesome stories known to man, and approaches faith in a fashion that no other religion follows. Tell anyone ignorant of the religion of the "Life and Times of Jesus Christ" and his teachings, and he'd think you're making it all up. Blind faith is one of the reasons people, rightfully so, leave it in the first place. But, the ironic thing is that I don't remember at any point in the Bible that it tells people they have to accept their faith blindly (Even Thomas demanded that Jesus show himself if he was alive, and Moses really should have been played by Martin Short instead of Heston because of how whiney he is). All it says is to "become like children" if you want to be saved.

Good luck on finding whatever faith answers your questions, and I bid you well on your journey.

My sis and mom aren't total SJWs, (I think) but the former despises Trump, reads Buzzfeed, and went to college majoring in psychology, also taking their course on race relations here on Long Island. My mom probably hates Trump the most and takes everything Univision and CNN takes at face value, thinking they're good. She's also a bit of a devout Jehovah's Witness, so what you said about about your prior experience hits a little home for me.

All this is a given since we're a Latino family in Long Island. Although they haven't disassociated from me upon telling them I voted for Trump on Election Day (exact same day my mom finally gained citizenship, Kek) my sis teared up when I did and my mom felt a sharp pain when that happened as he won. Dad doesn't like him either but is aware of the Clintons' shady shit, all of them were told about things going in South Korea with their feminist cult and ties to Samsung (sis was also a Samsung employee) and were shocked, but didn't take it it in it in too deeply. Still, it's something.

I remember you user, and I wish you the best. Hope we'll all pull through and and make and make a better world.

Polite sage sage for absurdly long and off-topic personal post.

botched that one a bit, but whatever

It's good.

The only thing you have to worry about is nothing. Keep your head down and let them react. They won't admit their mistakes, but they will mellow out and that's what you want.

Also, that wasn't a defeatist statement, they're wrong and more shit will be unearthed. As long as you're not yelling at them or rubbing it in their face, they'll learn or care less about politics.

I know. It could be much worse, I'm thankful that I'm on friendly terms with all of them.

Now

Read Marx. Capitalism is better than every system that came before it. It's just no longer a force for historical progress; it (like all other ascendant systems) solidified into a reactionary, stagnant status quo.

I dont care.
Lurk more. Also seriously consider committing suicide and going back to reddit in that order.

open world demon's crest shitshow when?

never ever I hope

As if Capcom would allow it, but Istuno works wonders. I would love to float and latch on to shit where 80% of the world is spikes and flying enemies in a huge complicated map. Or the hub is a forest and ancient buildings with lots of platforms but there are dozens and dozens of spike/trap filled flying dungeons scattered around and you can enter them all just not beat them at all or easily without upgrades from other ones.

Your embed isn't playing for me.

You reminds me of this vid

Is this satire?

No, it's a horror TV show. Seriously.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Night_(American_Horror_Story)

That's beautiful

This is what happens when the blind explain rainbows. Yes the left is just that out of touch; Poe's law is a bitch that cuts both ways.

Israel does things like that.

Can you see this?

Right click the preview, and open in a new tab/window.

She didn't deserve that. I thought she'd get a white husband and abandon her stupid ideas but keep her same attitude.

He said she's dying alone pretty much as a spinster. That's not cool.

Those "where are they now" sketches were depressing as fuck. I don't think a single one had a happy ending. Worse still is the creator might consider them good ways to go in life.

That depends, are we talking nostalgia about fun games, or nostalgia about Yoyos, Furby, and Go-Gurt commercials?

How about I hang your black dad and ship your fat white mom off to Israel with the next aid package instead?

Kind of like Marx.

>>>Holla Forums
Try and raid us again if you can.

Really makes you utilize your thinking organ.

You would think white people who gave their lives to save the jews would be getting money from jews. But no. Israel gets a portion of every paycheck in the U.S. because they are perpetually helpless like the blacks. Wherever they go, some form of gibsmedat has to save them. In return we get advice, "Read Marx."

unlike boomer and gen X 80's nolstagia almost everything people remember from 1990s is something wholly owned by like 5 companies.
Nostalgia is the rose tinted retarded glasses from your brain shutting off memories of all the crappy shit in your life. companies hijack the "feelings" of the era to make a New product, you dont start selling actual 80s crap, you just put a coat of geometric designs and patrick nagel-ish paint on something new to sell it, look at when car companies do it, the new "mini" is fucking nothing like the original BMC mini,or the newer "muscle cars" the challenger, mustang, and camaro were originally all mid-size/pony cars that were light weight by american standards, now theyre just 2door "retro" body's put on 4door chassis and weigh as much as a full size pickup truck
You cant resell the "idea" and "feeling" of a decade by selling the same exact crap you did 20 years ago, nobody is that stu– shit….

Nevermind

also add those fucking retarded class NES and SNES things form nintendo

Trips of truth.
Dude, remember surge? Used to drink it at the skate park.
Nostalgia is being reminded of happy memories. Having a company roll out a brand name again is just a reminder that corporate nostalgia is trying to make money off of good memories.
People are nostalgic for certain styles and attitudes because it puts them in a context that is no longer current.

TL;DR: People aren't nostalgic for blue pepsi. They are nostalgic for a better time.

I have a friend who gave me a case of that off the internet as a birthday present a few years back.
I was actually pretty excited to drink it.
It is just Coca-Cola's slightly shitty version of Mountain Dew.

Id probably buy coffee mug or thermos made to look like NYC and jazz cup
Also those red, orange and yellow flower cups and these things

they have those at gas stations where I live

the SNES classic is a better example of normalfags shelling out money for nonsense

Oh, don't be sorry.

Fresca is better as a Mountain Dew clone (reminder that Mountain Dew is Citrus flavoured) than Surge.

They bring back some of the creatures and even have the floating eyes, floating raspberries, and other things scattered around the environment.

I uploaded the full beastiary onto youtube into two 10 min halves.

Here is first half.

part 2

The genesis version was HARDER than the amiga version because the "cleaned up frame rate" actually made the game run faster than it was supposed to (which you can choose to activate when you play the original in the 2016 remake)

That description gave me feels, user. Have a cap.

Why is it that the only reasonable people I can ever seem to find are always on this fucking image board? Every fucking god damn person doesn't really care at all any more. Fuck man even the mega retards at Holla Forums are more composed then most faggots I've spoken to in real life and thats saying a lot. Are we lost as a people. Is it really even worth it anymore? God damn it why are people I've never met on a retarded forum about anime the only reasonable people left. I'm so tired Holla Forums, this is never ending. Will we win for our children's future? I want to wake up.

You must have missed the FF7 remaster TC.

90s vidya was great. C&C, Dune, Wing Commander, Unreal, Xenogears, Suikoden, Baldurs Gate…. I could go on.

Personally I think online killed videogames. People suck ergo playing videogames with other people sucks.

Disregard the part about Holla Forums, I assumed they couldn't be that bad and they are now looking at it again. Point still stands though.

It already is. Look at HOTS.

see?
it's always the shitskins with memes

Sometimes I think people just make shit up and then go and write some wikipedia articles about it retroactively. Put enough pressure on people to remember it and people will pretend like they do just to fit in even if it's with other people who are doing the same.

It's not cool, but its reality. Forever alone doesn't seem so bad when the alternative is using the law to leash yourself to one of the sperging shitstains that populate the Earth.

It's safer, easier, and more immediately fulfilling to invest yourself in a hobby of cultivation or crafting than to invest yourself in a physical and or emotional relationship with one or more human beings.

I only miss the 90s because I was a child then, more concerned with the magic of VHS tapes, missile pops, and sneering at my plebian classmates who thought Goosebumps were so cool.

This is how bad values have changed since the 90's.

Back in the 90's they did an episode of Daria where they showed her grown up and having gotten past her mopey bullshit so she was acting like a reasonable adult. Now the creator of the cartoon thinks the proper path for the character is to be alone and making a living with her snark.

This is so painful to watch, they are a parody of themselves now.

Daria imagined a set of potential future for herself in one episode IIRC, but it didn't actually happen.

at the end of the last episode it showed the cast of daria grown up
iirc daria was WITH jane as the stars of a talk show